Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:49:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ParkByte][PKB][Electrum] Pure POS  (Read 109838 times)
smesmesme

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:12:58 AM

Yep, and there was 2 btc volume in one of those 7, so for now(not for long tho, if there is not direct connection to dev, the next attempt may be there next week) PKB should be OK on trex.
One thing on trex, you can buy your own order (just verified). So actually, in accordance with their rules, you need to spend 0.5% of 1.4btc(0.007btc) to keep the coin listed.
Hint about self buying: Why some coins get such big day trade volume? LOL>
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
digitalgrow

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:13:57 AM

Im building position here, like the project and a committed dev
chinook

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:58:39 AM

over 2 btc volume today somethings brewing!
ParkByte (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 125

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 12:22:51 PM

ParkByte Coinomi Wallet now published on GitHub: https://github.com/parkbyte/parkbyte-coinomi-android

I shall publish it on Play Store soon but in the meantime if you would like the APK you can download it and install it manually here: http://forum.parkbyte.com/parkbyte-coinomi.apk

Some Screenshots:

ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 05:42:37 PM

Should now appear on Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coinomi.wallet.pkb
device

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:20:51 PM

brianloene

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:49:33 PM

Dear Antony,

Who will you hire to further develop this coin?
ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 11:36:56 AM

Dear Antony,

Hire someone to do what?
brianloene

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:13:20 PM

Dear Antony,

Hire someone to do what?

To develop the ParkByte software.
donnyespo

Activity: 827
Merit: 1000

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:27:30 PM

Dear Antony,

Hire someone to do what?

To develop the ParkByte software.

You can see in the OP the app itself has been/is currently being developed. This has been ongoing since launch, and should be able to find a youtube link in the thread that shows its progress/how it works..

The Dev might be able to give a better idea when to expect it to be complete.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
tiker

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 09:20:49 PM

ParkByte Coinomi Wallet now published on GitHub: https://github.com/parkbyte/parkbyte-coinomi-android

I shall publish it on Play Store soon but in the meantime if you would like the APK you can download it and install it manually here: http://forum.parkbyte.com/parkbyte-coinomi.apk

Some Screenshots:

Any plans to to submit a pull request to the official Coinomi to add support for this coin?  There's really no need to start running multiple Coinomi apps just to have support for one additional coin.
brianloene

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:21:31 PM

Dear Antony,

It says "ParkByte (PKB) was not developed by Antony" on coinsource. Are you hiring someone to develop this software?
ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 09:41:05 PM

Dear Antony,

It says "ParkByte (PKB) was not developed by Antony" on coinsource. Are you hiring someone to develop this software?

Correct, I paid someone else to fork their coin initially, this meant I was guaranteed a faultless launch. I also outsourced other parts. I have full control of all code and take responsibility for it.

I don't plan on hiring anyone, there maybe parts of the development that I will pay a freelancer to complete but nothing full time.

My initial aim is to provide the fundamental tools to push adoption of PKB, by providing parking companies an easy route for them to implement PKB in their existing apps, the main tools needed to implement any crypto currency in my view are:

- Electrum Servers that give access to the PKB network to broadcast transactions, check balances, select inputs etc
- Bitcoinj to give them a ready to use, out of the box module to allow their app to do all the processing, signing etc

Both of these have now been published as open source code for anyone to modify and use

I don't expect companies that already offer parking tickets via a mobile app to use the ParkByte APP and backend to issue tickets. Companies like Ringo, ParkMobile, PayByPhone, Parkeon, Metric, Cale Access would all want to use their own branded app that already exists, they all have a huge worldwide presence in the parking industry with a dedicated development team.

Yes, I am developing a full solution myself, primarily to provide a proof of concept to the companies listed above but I only see this solution being used by smaller companies that operate a few car parks. The bigger companies will be able to claim parts of the premine as I have said in various other posts.

This project is predominantly aimed at adoption, only adoption gives true value to any crypto currency.
ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 09:41:49 PM

Any plans to to submit a pull request to the official Coinomi to add support for this coin?  There's really no need to start running multiple Coinomi apps just to have support for one additional coin.

Yes I have already been contacted by the Coinomi CEO about doing this
tiker

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 09:52:30 PM

Yes I have already been contacted by the Coinomi CEO about doing this

Excellent.  I'll wait for the update then.  Smiley

Thanks.
hankman

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 10:00:00 PM

Not much interest in this coin. Maybe you should extend the mining period to get some more interest in the coin.
ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 10:19:20 PM

Not much interest in this coin. Maybe you should extend the mining period to get some more interest in the coin.

POW lasted around 30days, for a POS coin that is a long and fair distribution period. Most of the people who didn't mine it either didn't hear about the coin or thought I would of dumped the 20% premine and ran with no development.

If people wish to invest then they can buy at the market rate, the distribution spec will not be changing it is a pure POS coin at a low inflation rate of 5%, then 4% then 3%, 4.6m PKB supply, means a maximum of 230,000 new coins a year if all coins are staked.

I know most coins do the marketing/pumping before the development, but those coins usually end up without a dev, loads of disgruntled bagholders and thrown on the ever growing altcoin scrapyard. So I shall continue the development work before I really start marketing the coin.
hankman

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 10:52:22 PM

POW lasted around 30days, for a POS coin that is a long and fair distribution period. Most of the people who didn't mine it either didn't hear about the coin or thought I would of dumped the 20% premine and ran with no development.

If people wish to invest then they can buy at the market rate, the distribution spec will not be changing it is a pure POS coin at a low inflation rate of 5%, then 4% then 3%, 4.6m PKB supply, means a maximum of 230,000 new coins a year if all coins are staked.

I know most coins do the marketing/pumping before the development, but those coins usually end up without a dev, loads of disgruntled bagholders and thrown on the ever growing altcoin scrapyard. So I shall continue the development work before I really start marketing the coin.

sounds good.

Right now is too early to introduce more coins anyways. I would say develop something more, then add in a premined block for a bunch of coins to give away to people who want to run full nodes.

The PoW mining before the PoS was actually a really dumb move. You gave away 80% of all the PKB to "miners" for doing absolutely nothing useful. The useful thing is staking. The PoW was useless and stupid.

Think about this for a second... Instead of me spending 5 BTC renting miners to mine this coin for 30 days,  You could have given me coins to stake and I could have spent 5 BTC hosting PRK nodes for the next 20 years.
ParkByte (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 11:24:21 PM

sounds good.

Right now is too early to introduce more coins anyways. I would say develop something more, then add in a premined block for a bunch of coins to give away to people who want to run full nodes.

The PoW mining before the PoS was actually a really dumb move. You gave away 80% of all the PKB to "miners" for doing absolutely nothing useful. The useful thing is staking. The PoW was useless and stupid.

Think about this for a second... Instead of me spending 5 BTC renting miners to mine this coin for 30 days,  You could have given me coins to stake and I could have spent 5 BTC hosting PRK nodes for the next 20 years.

Well POW before POS is the norm, so that is how it happened. I don't regret it and would do the same again given the chance.

Suggestions on how you would of distributed the coins are coming rather late, POW ended like 50days ago...

I will give coins to real users of the coin and to those who will give the coin an actual use in the real world. For example to parking companies, 750,000PKB from the premine is to be divided equally between 3 parking companies who will adopt the coin and put it into the mainstream. This will give them a true interest in running nodes and keeping the network running along with other companies and individuals who will use it for parking.

There will also be part of the premine distributed to end users of the coin (people who use it to pay for parking) via a lottery, where to enter they will have to pay for parking and respond with some data that will be used as a social aspect to the APP.

Giving coins to random members of the crypto community doesn't benefit the end goal of this project and infact would probably put coins into hands that would just dump to earn some free bitcoin. People who mined in the POW period invested their own BTC to get those PKB, and therefore I didnt give away any coins to "miners" for doing absolutely nothing useful.
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:28:55 PM

what happen with PKB dev?? it was dump hard to 200 sat Sad
are you still working on this project dev? any news or progress to share here??
as a investor i little worried about this situation
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: