Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt and the rise to the top.  (Read 13414 times)
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:25:16 PM

Nxt, kind of makes me think of this...  
trying to make you feel safe,  all the while you're being infected through java vulnerabilities !

https://i.imgur.com/CI7r29D.png

Why not have a conversation instead of trying to create a narrative? Reminds me of someone I know from this forum....  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

How is Java unsafe? Read the posts above perhaps before posting another meme? Nah, that would be too easy  Grin
Iscamscammers

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:31:03 PM

How is Java unsafe?

I did post about it already.. how about you read first.  

Seriously,  whoever trusts java for holding money should have their head examined.

That's enough right there to show its a scam.

Why don't you go ahead and point out the vulnerabilities of the code for us all?  Can you list one?

I'm speaking more in terms of Java itself...

http://www.csoonline.com/article/2875535/application-security/java-is-the-biggest-vulnerability-for-us-computers.html

https://i.imgur.com/NbAWYs1.png

And that's not from a year ago, Mr. Date Nazi
There's also other recent articles.

Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:45:24 PM

I read it and I replied. Let me make it bigger for you...

Java ... LOL !!   I trust java for some things, but not for a main financial program.

Since your taking back to the oldschool again, here is a post from a year ago..

*snip*

This quote above shows a basic lack of understanding from someone who has never been a programmer. Java is a programming language. It's Oracle's applet (a web browser plugin) that  has security issues.  It's much easier to write secure software in Java than in C. There is also OPenJDK which is free and open source.  

Java remains the most popular programming language for server side. If you have ever used Amazon and Ebay, the server side was run by Java.  Almost all banks use Java on server side. So you already use Java as a client everyday.

NRS is a server application (it's not a web browser applet with security problems).  The client side can be written in any programming language.

You'll notice Oracle features heavily in your... research article..  *snigger* ...

Anything else?
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:51:10 PM

How is Java unsafe?

I did post about it already.. how about you read first.  

Seriously,  whoever trusts java for holding money should have their head examined.

That's enough right there to show its a scam.

Why don't you go ahead and point out the vulnerabilities of the code for us all?  Can you list one?

I'm speaking more in terms of Java itself...

http://www.csoonline.com/article/2875535/application-security/java-is-the-biggest-vulnerability-for-us-computers.html

And that's not from a year ago, Mr. Date Nazi
There's also other recent articles.

Please, you are spoiling the NXT party here. They were just about solving climate change, curing cancer and ending the Greek financial crisis with NXT - you shouldn't interrupt and distract the process.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:08:15 PM

Java is the defacto standard for large corporations and has been for many years. It's the most widely used programming language in the world currently: http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

Java and C switch places sometimes, but they are both quite far ahead of any other language.

There's nothing inherently wrong with using Java, especially for large projects that need to be run on many different types of machines.
X68N

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:11:40 PM

wow so many hater/bagholder wars here .

I mean when the people invest that time in development/support their own coins instead of hating others that would be way more productive.
Or they could self study how to make money with investing. Investing is a skill which is learned in several years.
But every noob thinks he does know it all Smiley, that is the reason the professional investors which work full time
always win over the hobby dude which has no true knowledge and experience in investing/trading.

People just waste too much lifetime.

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:12:54 PM

This thread is a joke right?
Its so funny it should be stickied.
NXT was a scam and stil is.
all the coins went to less then 30 people.. that's a scam
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 11:33:30 PM

By all means, get it stickied. In fact, I'll help a little by quoting your post in full so as to archive it. Cheesy

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 11:51:10 PM

must be a pretty good elaborate scam i gotta say since its been going for almost 2 years. they just keep on cranking out code every month. im not sure what to think.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:15:11 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 02:28:13 AM by TaunSew

must be a pretty good elaborate scam i gotta say since its been going for almost 2 years. they just keep on cranking out code every month. im not sure what to think.

Bernard Madoff's scam went on for decades before he was investigated and put behind bars.  Duration of operation or an individual's profit does not mean something is not a scam. "I made money on it so it couldn't had been a scam" is something that is frequently parroted on here and not a correct conclusion.  There's plenty of people who made profit off Madoff's scam and other scams or illegal activity.

NXT's distribution where the two Eastern European co-founders took the majority, Jeff Garzik's review on the code, numerous thefts in the ecosystem which were probably the result of backdoors and the plethora of ponzi schemes based on half-completed projects on the asset exchange.  Verdict:  It's a scam.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:00:22 AM

Bernard Madoff's scam went on for decades before he was investigated and put behind bars.  Duration of operation or an individual's profit does not mean something is not a scam. "I made money on it so it couldn't had been a scam" is something that is frequently parroted on here and not a correct conclusion.  There's plenty of people who made profit off Madoff's scam and other scams or illegal activity.

NXT's distribution where the two Eastern European co-founders took the majority, Jeff Garzik's review on the code, numerous thefts in the ecosystem which were probably the result of backdoors and the plethora of ponzi schemes based on half-completed projects on the asset exchange.  Verdict:  It's a scam.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:07:08 AM

So, just for a change, care to back up your BS with some evidence ?
You post the same bollocks every time, even though it's been refuted again and again and again........meeehhhh:

Probably the few legit ones like NXT.

Yeah someone who runs a professional multinational  is going to buy a bunch of coins from two anonymous Eastern European Gopnik Bros, who put backdoors in the code (see bitcoin developer Jeff Garzik on NxT).  Also all the numerous thefts and ponzis that occur in the NXT ecosystem.   Overstock may as well be buying bridges in Somalia.

Last thing Overstock is going to do is buy scam shit like NxT, Aurora and PayCoin.

It's like paying Whack-a-Mole with the worlds most hopeless rodent:

Jeff Garzik, one of the developers of Bitcoin and possibly the future lead developer, determined there are probable backdoors in the NXT source code.

NxT was a scam where its' founder owns at least 400 million NxT.   Shocked

It's called TaunSew and is incapable of coming up with any new material:

Hashes do not match, the "open source" NXT that is available to download is not the same as the NXT that everybody downloads on their desktop, which contains probable backdoors (which explains much of the thefts which occurred within NXT since launch).

Jeff Garzik covered this ages ago

https://twitter.com/jgarzik/status/511928969000943616

NXTers deny / refuse it but that's the power of running an internet cult.  Jeff Garzik has nothing personal against NXT.  He's a developer for BTC, possibly even the lead developer if Gavin steps down, and he's doing all sorts of ventures to build cryptocurrency as a whole.

Replying to TS is being increasingly difficult, to be honest, his lies are just.......amazing.
Not to mention the fact that I (and others) have already answered them repeatedly.

Lets start with the thefts from NXT accounts: there have been around 10-12 thefts directly from accounts. Mostly small amounts of NXT, always owing to lousy password security.
In some cases less than 1000 NXT, but even so, it still sucks to lose your funds like that, so we always take theft reports seriously.
We've checked all of the thefts out, and in some cases recovered the funds.
In every case, people lost their NXT by using a well known phrase as password, or a simple ABCDABCD....  repeating pattern.
Since we started beefing up password security a year ago....no more thefts.
Most of the guys/girls/whatever who lost NXT are still involved with Nxt, including the guy who actually had the most stolen (and recovered):
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/got-nxt-64-757-stolen-from-my-wallet-%27%28/msg50586/#msg50586
.....and now he's running a NXT-based business and representing NXT at conferences:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1AmBhjkVQU&feature=youtu.be

The backdoor: If there was a systematic backdoor built into the NXT code, you'd expect to see thefts on a much larger scale.
We've had a shitload of coders look at the NXT code since then, and there is no backdoor to be found.
The NXT dev community comprehensively answered Jeff G, and he hasn't come up with any evidence either.
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/a-longer-reply-to-jeff-garzik/
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/garzick-attacking-nxt-again/

Anyone who wants to check it out for themselves, and has the necessary skillz.........come on down, rip NXT to pieces and find that backdoor code:
https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/downloads/

Just to finish off here, 'coz I'm getting tired and grumpy........if you want to see exactly how NXT works:
http://jnxt.org/nxt/
Log in to this test NXT client with the alias 'nxt' and take a good look at what Nxt has built over the last 2 years.

NXT isn't a scam or a frigging cult, it's a sane, honest and legitimate project, one of the best in crypto right now.

To anyone who is curious about NXT: do your own research, rather than taking the word of bitter, repetitive trolls like TS.
Grrr.....what a little tit. Angry

(And, very sadly, I don't have 50 million NXT either......I've spent the last 18 months accumulating NXT in any way possible, and I'm just getting close to my first million, which makes me happy.)

Have you considered the possiblity that you may have Alzheimers, TS ?
You live completely in the past, yet can't remember stuff that you posted 4 days ago..... Huh

or stuff you posted yesterday, even.

So this time, here's a challenge for you: let's see Jeff G's code review of NXT.
Or maybe you could find one of the theft victims ?
Or how about another of those lovely graphs, showing Bittrex distributions ?

The only scam around here is that someone is very scared of NXT, as it's looking like NXT is the only genuine, open, working as intended, stable 'Gen 2.0' crypto platform.
NXT delivers, and gives people the freedom to do whatever the hell they like with their investment.
The only thing TS delivers on is.......well, not very much really.
Hard to believe that TaunSew thinks people are dumb enough to fall for his repetitive FUD.........as usual, my advice to anyone who's interested in NXT: do your own research.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 02:46:47 PM

Bernard Madoff's scam went on for decades before he was investigated and put behind bars.  

Oh ya, right. Just like Paul Bernardo, a former accountant, raped a whole bunch of girls and rape-murdered two of them. Of course this shows that all former accountants are psychopathic rape-murderers. Roll Eyes

Bernie Madoff?? Dropping that name is actually an argument in favour of all cryptocurrencies, including Nxt. Madoff's Ponzi scheme was only possible because no-one looked under the hood. Harry Markopolous had to reverse-engineer Madoff's claimed strategy to find out that Madoff was lying. A Madoff-type scam is only possible with a closed-source ledger.

In re Ponzis, the only vulnerability comes with a trading fund that does its thing on centralized exchanges, where the trading record of an individual account is not made available to everyone via a read-only API. To be quite frank, this bothers me: it bothered me enough to ask the Poloniex boys for a public read-only API feature. (My request got nowhere.)

Running a Ponzi by purporting to trade on the Nxt AE itself is impossible, because the ledger is public. In fact, Nxt's devs have made it even easier to audit a scheme that claims to make Nxt through AE trades. You can now sign in to any Nxt account - very much including the account of a Asset issuer - and get read-only access to all of the account's actions.

Case in point: I've just reactivated an Asset that I'm moving from the NFD AE to the HZ AE: it's an MMNXT-holding Asset for which I pass through MMNXT's dividend on the day MMNXT pays. I also do some spread-trading of MMNXT itself and pass along any profits to the Asset holders.

Want to audit me? Go right ahead:

1. Download the Nxt 1.5.12 client from the official announcement thread on the Nxt forum - nowhere else;
1a. If you want to make sure the hashes match, make sure that you spend more then 5-20 minutes Googling up on Java - in fact, it would be exceedingly nice of you to ask a Java expert who knows nothing of Nxt to see if you compiled the source code in the way that gets those hashes to match Wink ;
2. Open up the account and sign in with this RS Account ID: NXT-QQKJ-SWLJ-CPX4-3QXXW .
3. Go to the Asset Exchange and look for the bookmarking for MMNXT - Asset ID: 979292558519844732
4. Go down to the bottom of the page and look for "Trade History" in the centre-right. Click the "You" tab.
You now have a record of all the spread trades I've made in that account. With that record, plus a spreadsheet and some basic bookkeeping skills, you can now audit my entire performance.

Go ahead...audit me. I dare ya.

Does it get any more anti-Madoff than this? It's as if the securities depository had a read-only API through which anyone can check any account's trades. In fact, the Nxt AE is so anti-Madoff that I can see traders rejecting it because it would automatically divulge their trading secrets. It makes reverse-engineering of a trading strategy a breeze.

There have been four Ponzis that I know of on the Nxt AE, all of which were explicitly warned about by scarred Nxt vets. I got burned by one of them, which shows you that I'm somewhat of a fool. What did these Ponzis all have in common? They all purported to deliver huge profits from trading on centralized exchanges that do not offer any read-only APIs of an account's trading records. You git? None of them would have even been possible had they purported to offer huge profits from trading Nxt Assets. They would have been spotted very quickly.

Nxt's AE in its present form is a major leap forward for transparency - a radical leap, really. As I noted above, many professional traders would actually reject the AE on the grounds that its transparency effectively infringes of traders' trade secrets.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta make my rounds on Bitcointalk and the Nxt forum before paying my Asset holders the dividends I owe them...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

X68N

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:18:33 PM

i read that story, Madoff seem like a Hitler of the financial world  Grin

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 06:30:14 PM

i read that story, Madoff seem like a Hitler of the financial world  Grin

More like the Lucifer of the financial world. Before his hedge fund had turned into a Ponzi, Madoff had been a real pillar of NASDAQ society. In fact, he and his form were the main creator of NASDAQ and the force behind its acceptance.

Have a look at this capsule bio of him, from 2007 (i.e., before he confessed and was arrested):

Bernard L. Madoff is Chairman of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, which he founded in 1960, and of Madoff Securities International Limited in London. He is a member of the London Stock Exchange, the Security Traders Association, and the Advisory Committee on Market Information of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Mr. Madoff is past Chairman of the Nasdaq Board of Directors.

A fallen angel or fallen morning star, indeed.

altcoinUK

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:09:52 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2015, 12:14:04 PM by altcoinUK

Very well said and I couldn't agree more.

Unlike BTC which user base is lot less what we would like it to be, but still, slowly but surely it is growing and at least it is used in real world applications such as shopping, porn, gambling, this 100% premined digital rubbish NXT is used by absolutely no one in the real world. NXT is a pure P&D trading asset without any real world applications except that existing users try to convince naive new users to buy in by promising/projecting/implying a nice return on "investment". It's a strange combination of a ponzi and fraudulent investment scheme, but whichever angle we see it is a scam.

Not surprisingly, the biggest swindler of the landscape is jl777 James, the shining star of this shamble with his vaporware Supernet - again with zero real world applications and not related with any real world use cases whatsoever. The jl777 upgraded scam scheme fits well into the NXT scam.

And of course, the bagholders of NXT attack all critics. After all, these wankers try to lure new investors into this nonsense for a few BTC "profit" and threads like this spoil the money collecting party.
altcoinUK

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:22:07 AM

Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta make my rounds on Bitcointalk and the Nxt forum before paying my Asset holders the dividends I owe them...

Ohhhhh you clown ... what exactly the real world use case or application of your "asset"?
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 12:40:43 PM

I am not quite sure I would call NXT a scam. It has an active base, continuous updates, and a platform that has multiple built-in functionalities... which is more than 80% of the coins out right now.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:00:08 PM

Funny how a 'scam' has produced more usable core technology than any other crypto-currency. Shocked

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 01:16:53 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2015, 04:34:40 PM by barbierir

Funny how a 'scam' has produced more usable core technology than all other crypto-currency put together. Shocked

Well said but I had to correct you Cheesy

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: