Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:10:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 212 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter?  (Read 304452 times)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 05:07:10 PM

It completely matters and everyone knows that.
Would miners continue if price was low? no.
Then it is very, very important.

Yes they will until the end even for a cents like it started.

Price matters but not for that kind of believes. Bitcoin price really matters depends on what kind a people, trader, individuals treats bitcoin in terms of their purposes.

Could you explain why the price wouldn't matter to some people? I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that the price of bitcoin wouldn't matter to some people.
How would they benefit from that? Unless they only use bitcoin as their currency, I could see why it wouldn't matter at all.

Some people use Bitcoin as a medium of transportation of their wealth, namely: They want to move their Bitcoin from A to B because in their country they have capital controls going on. What do they do? They buy Bitcoin, move the coins, and sell as fast as possible, to guarantee their money is still the same after going from A to B. In this sense those people don't care about Bitcoin because they stay in Bitcoin for a very short span of time.

every one is free to use bitcoin in any way they want. the fact that they are using bitcoin to move money from (a) to (b) is already a great compliment to bitcoin. it's up to them whether they stay in bitcoin for 1 day or 1 year. the usage is important.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 05:21:07 PM

Yeah is very important for miner and for traders. That is first place why we choice to use bitcoins.
If bitcoins doesn't matter the price I bet there is no people that will use.
yes you're right.
if the price is not important, for what  BTC became the currency?

yes the price is very important, if the bitcoin price is very low I am sure many users leave bitcoin.

Probably, because one of the actual network effects Bitcoin is having is speculation.
Therefore the price indeed plays a very big role.
And the bigger the price the more attention will get and even more people might jump on board.That's how it goes.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 01:12:51 PM

The price does matter. Even for people that truely love bitcoin. They don't want to lose money. If they bought when it was high, they want to sell it for even higher.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 01:32:59 PM

Yeah is very important for miner and for traders. That is first place why we choice to use bitcoins.
yes you're right.

yes the price is very important, if the bitcoin price is very low I am sure many users leave bitcoin.

Leave Bitcoin because the price is very low? They will simply buy when the price is very low. Because that makes sense. What you say, doesn't.
Cateinyard

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:58:32 PM

The price does matter. Even for people that truely love bitcoin. They don't want to lose money. If they bought when it was high, they want to sell it for even higher.

I think so. The price of bitcoin matters a lot. When the price is high, people will be more interested in it and use it.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:44:47 PM

I think so. The price of bitcoin matters a lot. When the price is high, people will be more interested in it and use it.

That's humans behaviour work right?!
Everybody loves to chase the rabbit! And if you found something that rises in value and therefore gives you more wealth, most of the people want more of that. Therefore we are speaking about speculation and greed in the end.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:59:34 PM

The price matters in a variety of factors..for example all other digital currencies, or most of them are index-linked to bitcoin, so if the price of bitcoin goes down so does the value of 500 odd other currencies go down technically as well..That's just one example I can think of.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
HarryKPeters

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:47:27 PM

The price matters in a variety of factors..for example all other digital currencies, or most of them are index-linked to bitcoin, so if the price of bitcoin goes down so does the value of 500 odd other currencies go down technically as well..That's just one example I can think of.

Correct, to use it buyer and seller need to have a price which is determined by supply & demand.
Without this there is usage for bitcoin or any other asset for that matter.

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:28:33 PM

yes you're right.

Leave Bitcoin because the price is very low? They will simply buy when the price is very low. Because that makes sense. What you say, doesn't.

That's true, if they will leave BTC when the price will be low, then I guess price should not matter at all...
And if it matters, they are crossing their own words by saying completely different things...
Everyone would love to cut their losses by accumulating more and more BTC at low prices to sell at higher profits, and even get out with their "high-priced coins"...

Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:44:36 PM

If bitcoin was nothing I think the price won't even matter.
A lot of people use bitcoin, because of the price growing.

For people that are trading and buying and selling bitcoins alwys matters to them and people who hold bitcoin.
randy8777
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:14:55 PM

If bitcoin was nothing I think the price won't even matter.
A lot of people use bitcoin, because of the price growing.

For people that are trading and buying and selling bitcoins alwys matters to them and people who hold bitcoin.

people will always care about the price because it is tied to fiat currencies probably for ever. will we ever reach a point where 1 bitcoin is not $447, but just 1 bitcoin? i find it hard to believe.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:08:16 PM

Until bitcoin become mainstream,its price will matter.As a matter of fact there's nothing wrong with that as it helps to attract common lay man to bitcoin

wikenpp

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:05:28 PM

Until bitcoin become mainstream,its price will matter.As a matter of fact there's nothing wrong with that as it helps to attract common lay man to bitcoin

Even when it goes mainstream it will matter.
You need a value to convert/exchange it. Since there is no offside market, the BTC/Currency market is the only way to determine a value.
Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:07:01 AM

If you believe that bitcoin has a bright future, then no, its prices only matters if you want to buy at the cheapest possible price at said moment. So, until bitcoin becomes mainstream its price actually doesn't matter much: you should buy anyway.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
hartanto

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:09:46 AM

Yes it matter, to stabilize the market and to gain it's value. Therefore there are exchangers and a specific markets for fiats..
yohanip

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

A Programmer

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:14:06 AM

Yes it matter, to stabilize the market and to gain it's value. Therefore there are exchangers and a specific markets for fiats..

Yes i agree, even if the price is not nominated with Fiat, for example with commodity such as gold, silver, or anything that of value and could easily traded for a service and goods
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:17:40 AM

yes its matter, the bigger the value the bigger investment we will have and also it will increase income of the household

bitcoin price also can make the world economy more stable

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
Tavos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 01:18:55 AM

For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU
I think it is very important for now, but in the future, people might just pay in BTC, like 0.04 for that, blah blah

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:08:47 AM

I think there are only a little number of bitcoiners that are not worried about the price of bitcoin, but the vast majority of this community is very interested in it because everyone needs to buy and sell things all the time, and these things always have a monetary value.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:41:59 AM

I think there are only a little number of bitcoiners that are not worried about the price of bitcoin, but the vast majority of this community is very interested in it because everyone needs to buy and sell things all the time, and these things always have a monetary value.

Exactly, People who are not totally involved in bitcoins are very keen to know the price of bitcoin on daily basis as they want to make profits out of it, even the traders have a close watch on the value of bitcoins and as a ordinary users like us we are all very much interested to know the value so that we can sell a part of bitcoins at right time and earn some profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 212 »
  Print  

Jump to: