Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382131 times)
TomThumb

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:37:34 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 02:00:08 PM by TomThumb

Well, again we crap)))

All markets are in down trend not only this coin I didn't understand why you are looking so panic. I hope soon will get recover from this bloody storm and will be more strong than ever.

Not true! Had I held my money in Sia instead of transferring it to Waves, it now would have lost 46% of its value since this fall began - and, yes, I'm using the present value of Waves, which has also fallen, but it hasn't fallen as much as SiaCoin. In fact, it's now overtaken Stratis!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TomThumb

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:56:18 PM

Many thanks for your understanding. I lost a lot of money in the past two months. it's all I had. so I'm worried about the fate of this coin.
[/quote]

shamman666, I was going to invest in crypto in 2014, didn't due to personal circumstances, and missed the party completely. I've flipped my lid (lost my temper) a number of times!
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:01:16 PM

When I look at past year and what was going on with SIA, I think the best comparison
I could make is that SIA team is Wozniak without its Jobs
TomThumb

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:06:16 PM

One factor in my decision to sell was the fact that Sia issued Siafunds, which are indivisible, and very expensive - $10-15K each! Owners of Siafunds get a cut of the profits of the storage suppliers (a reward for the risk of owning them, we're told), and the suppliers get - and I quote from the white paper - a "brutal free market" (potentially no reward!). Also, Siacoin was not intended to be used as a speculative investment. The whole thing feels like Sia are doing this for themselves and their wealthy mates, and the rest of us can just go to hell. And, with the price plummeting so fast now, maybe Hell will be the next stop.  Kiss

Moreover, the beauty of SiaFunds is that the investors buying them become contributors/partners: They'll only get dividends if they help pushing the adoption of the storage network, so these investors will really promote the long-term organic growth of Sia and not short-term pump schemes like traditional "investors" of coins.

Hakkane, thanks for the info. Will look into more!
TomThumb

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:44:40 PM

When I look at past year and what was going on with SIA, I think the best comparison
I could make is that SIA team is Wozniak without its Jobs

Not sure what you mean by that, but you do know that Jobs nearly bankrupted Apple in the early days, and, in fact, never had an original idea in his life? The reason Apple did well when Jobs returned was that he had learned his lesson and let others in the firm do the work for him because he was completely incompetent. He had no programming skills, no engineering skills, let alone any marketing skills. He didn't want to put "i" before each product name, and he called the "Here's to the Crazy Ones" slogan (which a market firm invented), a pile of shit!

And the Mac would never have been created had employees at Apple not insisted that Jobs visit Xerox. He called the first guy who made the suggestion, Jef Raskin, a "shithead".

From "Apple Confidential 2.0" by Owen W. Linzmayer: "Raskin tried convincing Jobs to go see the wonderful stuff at Xerox PARC, but...Jobs considered Raskin a 'shithead who could do no good' so he ignored Raskin's recommendation."

Jobs' lack of technical knowledge & unbearable arrogance and ego also meant that he wouldn't listen when others said that the Lisa's numerous features would mean a high price tag and, therefore, failure. From Apple Confidential 2.0: "After complaining that there was no way they could incorporate all these features and stick to the original schedule and $2,000 target, Rothmuller was fired for being uncooperative (of course, he would be proven correct in due time)."

Jobs was also going to sell his Pixar stock, but held on to it long enough to see the company succeed. Jobs was the biggest, bloated parasite the world has ever seen! He even stole from Wozniak in the early days, before Apple was founded. Wozniak found out about the theft 10 years later. Jobs refused to give shares to certain individuals who had helped Apple's IPO succeed, so Wozniak had to give away some of his shares instead - more theft by Jobs!

Google: "businessinsider Steve Jobs played no role at all in designing the Apple I or Apple II computers, Woz says"

Search YouTube for: "Steve Wozniak Says Lot of Things Wrong With Jobs Movie airmen7"

Move slider to 2:05 and listen what Wozniak says about Jobs.

Wozniak credits another guy with the marketing success of his Apple computer, the only computer bringing in money in those early days:

Google "IT'S NOT STEVE JOBS: Wozniak Reveals The One Person Who Actually Deserves Credit For Apple's Early Success businessinsider"

Also from "Apple Confidential 2.0", p158:

"Jobs' resignation didn't appease Apple. On September 23, the company filed a suit against Jobs and Page, enjoining them from using any proprietary information and charging Jobs with dereliction of his duties as chairman. The suit was ludicrous. Before his resignation, Jobs was considered an incompetent manager with little technical skill, but once he departed he suddenly became a major threat to the well-being of Apple? Realizing the suit only gave Jobs credibility, Apple quietly settled out of court in January 1986.

"With Jobs out of the way, Sculley led Apple through its most prosperous times, helping grow the business from $600 million in net sales when he joined in 1983 to almost $8 billion a decade later."

Jobs also killed GEM on the PC by suing Digital Research, which also used Xerox's graphical user interface - Jobs had stolen the interface and claimed it as his own. That's another long story - of how Bill Gates, a guy who has never written an OS in his life, stole the personal computer OS market from Gary Kildall, by buying a clone of CP/M - the Windows of its day, but far superior! - and renaming it DOS. The Computer History Museum in California correctly names Kildall as the father of the personal computer operating system.

Jobs did NOTHING. Gates did very little! The goal of corporate propaganda is to fool people that CEOs are the most important people in the world - and they're just not! Many are incompetent, or could be replaced with dogs without any harm to a firm's success.
shamman666

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:00:55 PM

Well, again we crap)))

All markets are in down trend not only this coin I didn't understand why you are looking so panic. I hope soon will get recover from this bloody storm and will be more strong than ever.
I heard it many times, but nothing changes. I repeat once again that other coins have already risen many times, but the Sia is not growing.
iuhkymt

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:34:04 PM

new ASIC for SiaCoin is coming:

Just after the announcement of their new DragonMint B29 Blake256 ASIC Miner for Decred (DCR), Halong Mining has also started taking orders for a new DragonMint B52 Blake2b ASIC Miner for Siacoin (SC) or other Blake2b POW coins. The hashrate of the new ASIC miner is cited as 3.83 THS for Siacoin mining at 1380 Watt of power usage, so a serious device in terms of hasrate compared to other alternative options from Bitmain A3 (already available) and Obelisk SC1 (upcoming).
Where the Halong Mining DragonMint B52 Blake2b ASIC Miner is suffering is the price, although almost half of the Decred miner they started selling, the B52 Blake2b ASIC miner is still pricey at $5549 USD. Even when considering that the price includes a power supply and free shipping it is pretty steep for an ASIC miner that can be used for just one cryptocurrency for the moment. Halong Mining should start shipping these new miners by the end of the month, so you can expect a pretty big jump in term of the total network hashrate for mining Siacoin.

So now we are expecting the second batch od A3s, the first od Halong, and the Obelisks (when? unknown)

I am expecting a big jump of value

Personally, I don't think that ASICs are good for mineable coins, in particular Sia. If devs have good plans for difficulty adjustments, ASIC will become useless. Unfortunately, most of current coins don't have this ability.
raoulsergia

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:52:07 PM

Just after the announcement of their new DragonMint B29 Blake256 ASIC Miner for Decred (DCR), Halong Mining has also started taking orders for a new DragonMint B52 Blake2b ASIC Miner for Siacoin (SC) or other Blake2b POW coins. The hashrate of the new ASIC miner is cited as 3.83 THS for Siacoin mining at 1380 Watt of power usage, so a serious device in terms of hasrate compared to other alternative options from Bitmain A3 (already available) and Obelisk SC1 (upcoming).
Where the Halong Mining DragonMint B52 Blake2b ASIC Miner is suffering is the price, although almost half of the Decred miner they started selling, the B52 Blake2b ASIC miner is still pricey at $5549 USD. Even when considering that the price includes a power supply and free shipping it is pretty steep for an ASIC miner that can be used for just one cryptocurrency for the moment. Halong Mining should start shipping these new miners by the end of the month, so you can expect a pretty big jump in term of the total network hashrate for mining Siacoin.

So now we are expecting the second batch od A3s, the first od Halong, and the Obelisks (when? unknown)

Personally, I don't think that ASICs are good for mineable coins, in particular Sia. If devs have good plans for difficulty adjustments, ASIC will become useless. Unfortunately, most of current coins don't have this ability.

SIA also reportedly has a safe switch that will make select ASICs useless if the community wants to do so.
Now its not a real problem, but who knows what may happen in the future....

However the mining manufacturers make the money so they are happy  Grin
shamman666

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:05:30 PM

that you all have calmed down?) What to expect from Sia this month?
chenjl84

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:42:05 AM

Sia is an encrypted currency with few business models and specific business plans. The real name of the developer, the real name, is a company.
rockynrunchi

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:45:44 PM

sia went one year back.... good luck for Sia and Sia community ...
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:05:21 PM

SIA also reportedly has a safe switch that will make select ASICs useless if the community wants to do so.
Now its not a real problem, but who knows what may happen in the future....

However the mining manufacturers make the money so they are happy  Grin

the company who made siacoin pulled a butterflylabs pre-order game people fell for it..now bitmain chinese take over coin..what's the point to put good money after bad?...sell more ICO siatokens?..pfft :\  see you at 50 satoshi weee

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
mp7887

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:27:35 PM

hi, does anyone know the maximum supply of this coin
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:30:22 PM

billions supply? and new china asics shamelessly dumping for weeks now...  Kiss

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
okss06

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:32:46 PM

I don't know if this helps you, but you can check information about the coin here https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/ - Circulating Supply is 33,030,623,997 SC = Also probably you can find information  on the website https://sia.tech/ and check the whitepaper http://www.sia.tech/sia.pdf?

Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:05:43 PM

Max supply is unlimited...however coins will get burned through transactions/usage
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:09:39 PM

Max supply is unlimited...however coins will get burned through transactions/usage

True, but the inflation rate will decrease a lot over the years. By 2021 it should be 3.4% a year and all that may be burned through usage per year by then.

Read more about it here: https://forum.sia.tech/topic/161/about-siacoins-calculation-and-supply
cr1pto

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:15:00 PM

Well, again we crap)))

I heard it many times, but nothing changes. I repeat once again that other coins have already risen many times, but the Sia is not growing.

Then what the hell are you still doing here?
Go watch all the other tokens that had risen
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:37:52 AM

Well, again we crap)))

All you can do now is buy as much as possible at current prices and be patient.
Wait for the dev to release a major update or add to exchange that has a large volume. I'm sure the next day will be hit 1000 sat.  Grin

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
sheenarif

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:11:45 AM

Well, again we crap)))

All you can do now is buy as much as possible at current prices and be patient.
Wait for the dev to release a major update or add to exchange that has a large volume. I'm sure the next day will be hit 1000 sat.  Grin

1000 sat is nothing for this coin if devs work continuously...... Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: