Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:15:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Game of [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] GREED [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]  (Read 42884 times)
whatdidshedo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:52:41 PM

ok ran new wallet has connections like 5-6 but says out of sync, should i delete all but wallet.dat and re-sync or ?
you check that for viruses ?

dev was awfully quick to post links after everyone bailed.

yes i did , scanning now again after running it but i don't see any changes in my local appdata( i hear that is where they stick them viruses at ) so could be safe but i don't know much lol

whatdidshedo

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:53:53 PM

ok ran new wallet has connections like 5-6 but says out of sync, should i delete all but wallet.dat and re-sync or ?

According to me it is clean, I use McAfee

is yours also with connections but out of sync?

andrepierre

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:54:53 PM

Yes out of sync - 6 connections.
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:55:00 PM

Mine says out of sync now too. Would be good to get some agreement before deleting anything.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 10:55:08 PM

I have updated Suprnova to the latest wallet.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 10:56:22 PM

Exactly right. Minimum withdrawal is 0.1, please fix.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 10:58:43 PM

Exactly right. Minimum withdrawal is 0.1, please fix.

Already fixed, reload the page.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:01:02 PM

the out of sync is a result of there not being a new block in over an hour, you'll notice your block count matches, but it still says out of sync.

this should be resolved when the chain starts moving. The pool can also stake the coins there and move the chain along
whatdidshedo

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:05:24 PM

the out of sync is a result of there not being a new block in over an hour, you'll notice your block count matches, but it still says out of sync.

this should be resolved when the chain starts moving. The pool can also stake the coins there and move the chain along

i deleted all resynced even tough check mark is missing and showing out of sync if i hoover bellow connections it shows 2090 downloaded (so i guess  it works) so what will move the chain now since you seem to be knowlegable one

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:06:39 PM

i deleted all resynced even tough check mark is missing and showing out of sync if i hoover bellow connections it shows 2090 downloaded

Seems like that's fine then. Anyone having any luck mining though? I can't get my gpu to hash on supernova yet.

hack_

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:07:47 PM

i deleted all resynced even tough check mark is missing and showing out of sync if i hoover bellow connections it shows 2090 downloaded

its not going to say "synced " until 2091 is mined.
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 11:09:01 PM

And yes, it has got connections but out of sync as well.

dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:11:03 PM

Last diff was....

It will need a lot of hashes to find next block.  Tongue
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:16:12 PM

Solo mining produces "Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid."

We might have to alter the nStakeMinAge..

Hack_, thoughts?

ohmygod21

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:25:18 PM

Hack_, thoughts?

stratum off
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:28:15 PM

Alright I might have a solution. Partially thinking out load here. Need input.

What if we

1: Lower the nStakeMinAge

2. Change the seed node to a new server with the same blockchain, and new source & peers.dat

3. Take the original seed node offline

4. Distribute the new wallet / source.

In theory that should allow us to get the chain moving yeah?

hack_

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:31:32 PM

Hack_, thoughts?

Source supports rpc mining ergo the issue is likely you did not point the miner to local wallet correctly, just ask ocminer to activate stratum and offer incentives to miners to move the chain along.

If you really want miners to throw hash at this, refactor the rewards and limit PoW to a higher number, maybe 500. You fix 3 issues with this move.

1) It reduces premine noise
2) You increase inputs pool
3) You get the chain moving

On closer inspection, lowering the stake age wont help much because what is required are mature inputs to actually stake, so that would also mean reduction in block maturation to maybe something like 6 blocks for this to work. that brings the problem of orphans and forks.

It's up to you how to approach the issue. I can provide pointers and code for either fix, though i strongly suggest you consider the first option i provided in this post. You can pick an arbitrary number that you think will get miners aboard in case you are reluctant to mod the money supply too much.

P.S  if people made noise about you staking the premine @ 8 hours....imagine the uproar @ 2 hour stake times.
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:35:09 PM

Hack_, thoughts?

Source supports rpc mining ergo the issue is likely you did not point the miner to local wallet correctly, just ask ocminer to activate stratum and offer incentives to miners to move the chain along.

If you really want miners to throw hash at this, refactor the rewards and limit PoW to a higher number, maybe 500. You fix 3 issues with this move.

On closer inspection, lowering the stake age wont help much because what is required are mature inputs to actually stake, so that would also mean reduction in block maturation to maybe something like 6 blocks for this to work. that brings the problem of orphans and forks.

It's up to you how to approach the issue. I can provide pointers and code for either fix, though i strongly suggest you consider the first option i provided in this post. You can pick an arbitrary number that you think will get miners aboard in case you are reluctant to mod the money supply too much.

P.S  if people made noise about you staking the premine @ 8 hours....imagine the uproar @ 2 hour stake times.

You believe the issue is with the pool?

@ocminer, is stratum deactivated? Is anyone able to mine?

Also, remember I have inputs from 9 hours ago. We could make it like 30 minutes or a couple hours, not 6 blocks.

proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:40:36 PM

Hack_, thoughts?

I'll rent the minimum i can on nicehash.... with zero rewards I don't care. The dynamic was set from the beginning, those of us who mined took the risk of the premine, we gambled and still risking. The doors are closed for new pow coins. my 2 greed cents
hack_

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:46:25 PM

Also, remember I have inputs from 9 hours ago. We could make it like 30 minutes or a couple hours, not 6 blocks.

Ah, you said SOLO, but yes same issue, stratum on pool is deactivated. You'll have to do actual solo mining.

You had two inputs, block 1 and 2 which would have matured a while ago and staked, but you broke it up into smaller ones thereby restarting the stake age. You sent coins which have not had enough time to mature, so we now have lots of inputs (i'm assuming) but they have different maturation times (some may not even mature for a long while).

To compound the issue, of every 100 users that have online wallets, an update will reach a max of 45 users during the next 8 -12 hours, meaning that some will be left on a fork. users who solo'd a block or two with old client had already accumulated stake-age  which will not match up with new wallet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: