Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 04:59:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Game of [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] GREED [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]  (Read 42889 times)
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:51:37 PM

You believe the issue is with the pool?

@ocminer, is stratum deactivated? Is anyone able to mine?

Also, remember I have inputs from 9 hours ago. We could make it like 30 minutes or a couple hours, not 6 blocks.

Ah, you said SOLO, but yes same issue, stratum on pool is deactivated. You'll have to do actual solo mining.

You had two inputs, block 1 and 2 which would have matured a while ago and staked, but you broke it up into smaller ones thereby restarting the stake age. You sent coins which have not had enough time to mature, so we now have lots of inputs (i'm assuming) but they have different maturation times (some may not even mature for a long while).

To compound the issue, of every 100 users that have online wallets, an update will reach a max of 45 users during the next 8 -12 hours, meaning that some will be left on a fork. users who solo'd a block or two with old client had already accumulated stake-age  which will not match up with new wallet.

Seems like setting the min stake age to a shorter period is the only option though. Like 1 hr or something. That way nobody has to mine too.

& now that I think about it more I don't think I will need to setup a new seed node either.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
ihascryptos

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:57:37 PM

WOW. so many people saying turn the stratums back on so they can kick the block.  I barely know anything about crypto programming though i can tell you for certain...

I like tacos!
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:59:22 PM

Also, remember I have inputs from 9 hours ago. We could make it like 30 minutes or a couple hours, not 6 blocks.

Ah, you said SOLO, but yes same issue, stratum on pool is deactivated. You'll have to do actual solo mining.

You had two inputs, block 1 and 2 which would have matured a while ago and staked, but you broke it up into smaller ones thereby restarting the stake age. You sent coins which have not had enough time to mature, so we now have lots of inputs (i'm assuming) but they have different maturation times (some may not even mature for a long while).

To compound the issue, of every 100 users that have online wallets, an update will reach a max of 45 users during the next 8 -12 hours, meaning that some will be left on a fork. users who solo'd a block or two with old client had already accumulated stake-age  which will not match up with new wallet.

Seems like setting the min stake age to a shorter period is the only option though. Like 1 hr or something. That way nobody has to mine too.

& now that I think about it more I don't think I will need to setup a new seed node either.

It's up to you how you approach the issue, all i can do is advise.

You need to keep in mind as many of the moving parts as possible.

A successful lowering of the stake age means YOU can stake, not the rest of the network since most coins are stuck on the pool. This means you will have to stake all the blocks on the pool into maturity for them to be sent to the miners, then stake some more until miners are ready to stake. Apart from ethical concerns, you have to realize that once you stake an input, it requires other blocks to pass so it matures, who is going to do that when you are the only one who can stake? Then you have to wait for time to pass again until you can stake again, rinse repeat. It could take a long time, by then interest in your coin will have died.

Lowering the stake age without changing block maturity may have undesired results as well...

just some thoughts  Wink
ihascryptos

Activity: 560

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
May 22, 2015, 12:02:46 AM

WOW. so many people saying turn the stratums back on so they can kick a PoS block.  I barely know anything about crypto programming though i can tell you for certain.....

actually people need to turn the stratums back on so the chain can move so we can withdraw and stake.
but the reward is 0 coins. so who is even gonna mine lol.

well if that is the case give me a port and worker to point my tiny miner at and i will help.

I like tacos!
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2015, 12:03:45 AM

Hang on, I thought of something.
How many .01 greed did dev give away via twitter?
Those coins should be in wallets and able to stake/move the chain along, no??
I have .01 in the original old wallet. I can keep that wallet or download the new one,
but not going to do anything till experts chime in here.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2015, 12:06:39 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2015, 12:19:35 AM by Greed Dev

A successful lowering of the stake age means YOU can stake, not the rest of the network since most coins are stuck on the pool. This means you will have to stake all the blocks on the pool into maturity for them to be sent to the miners, then stake some more until miners are ready to stake. Apart from ethical concerns, you have to realize that once you stake an input, it requires other blocks to pass so it matures, who is going to do that when you are the only one who can stake? Then you have to wait for time to pass again until you can stake again, rinse repeat. It could take a long time, by then interest in your coin will have died.

Lowering the stake age without changing block maturity may have undesired results as well...

just some thoughts  Wink

If I lower it to 1 hr there will be 10 - 15 addy's that can stake.

Edit: Going to lower nStakeMinAge to 1 hr and nCoinbaseMaturity to 50 blocks. Hopefully that works.

hack_

View Profile
May 22, 2015, 12:28:40 AM

just some thoughts  Wink

If I lower it to 1 hr there will be 10 - 15 addy's that can stake.

Edit: Going to lower nStakeMinAge to 1 hr and nCoinbaseMaturity to 50 blocks. Hopefully that works.

Ok, good luck.

I would have just expanded PoW a little until PoS naturally takes over... just be careful to make sure that there are actually enough separate inputs that have already matured that can stake. if not, this will not work. because when you stake the coins, they will be unusable, and if noone else can stake, the chain will stop again

50 block maturity means you know that there are at least 50 separate inputs out there that are already mature and will stake to move the chain enough for your coins to stake again. 

and just a warning, 1 hour will spam the blockchain in future.
whatdidshedo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2015, 12:29:37 AM

just make next 900 blocks 0.1 cois each so miners will mine another 90 coins your premine will look better and chain will move as hack suggested

stallion

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2015, 12:30:43 AM

just make next 900 blocks 0.1 cois each so miners will mine another 90 coins your premine will look better and chain will move

This sounds reasonable. +1

andrepierre

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 22, 2015, 12:32:37 AM

just make next 900 blocks 0.1 cois each so miners will mine another 90 coins your premine will look better and chain will move

This sounds reasonable. +1

Think it is the best solution,
device

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 03:16:02 PM

Uuu nice. 10 conformations for recieved

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:40:47 PM

Ok, so during the downtime we moved over to cryptocointalk. If you want to follow what happened while BCT was offline you can check it here: https://[Suspicious link removed]/cfil1z

I will get this thread updated in a few hours.

Edit:

Shortened link got removed so I have to use this hideous link cryptocointalk automatically generated..

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/38539-ann-the-game-of-%CC%B2%CC%85%CC%B2%CC%85%CC%B2%CC%85%CE%B9%CE%BF%CE%BF%CC%B2%CC%85%CC%B2%CC%85%CC%B2%CC%85-greed-%CC%B2%CC%85%CC%B2%CC%85%CC%B2%CC%85%CE%B9%CE%BF%CE%BF%CC%B2%CC%85%CC%B2%CC%85%CC%B2%CC%85-%E2%80%A2-v/

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:20:18 PM

We are considering extending POW again to help more coins mature. Input from holders is requested.

https://twitter.com/GreedDev/status/602916354539196416

hack_

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:35:04 PM

make it 0.05 per block and we'll mine.
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:18:44 PM

Alright here is the decision:

https://twitter.com/GreedDev/status/602931145777504257

Please update to:

Greed V:2.1.0

Franciem

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:23:20 PM

Please update to:

How long do you think it will take to get to block 6000? (time)

Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:24:53 PM

Please update to:

How long do you think it will take to get to block 6000? (time)

Should be 1 minute/block from the point we start hitting POW blocks.

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 11:24:37 PM

Well, I would have been willing to solo mine this, but unfortunately, someone just rented my rig for 24 hours on MRR. sorry.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 11:36:24 PM

If anyone wants to try solo mining, Create the following greed.conf file

listen=1
txindex=1
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=anything
rpcpassword=whatever
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=1500

Then, if you have cgminer. Create this bat file to run your miner

cgminer -o http://127.0.0.1:1500 -u anything -p whatever --btc-address (Your greed payment address)

Please make sure close and reopen your greed wallet before running your miner. Also, you need to wait for the wallet to be synced before running your miner.
Greed Dev (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 11:39:39 PM

If anyone wants to try solo mining, Create the following greed.conf file

listen=1
txindex=1
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=anything
rpcpassword=whatever
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=1500

Then, if you have cgminer. Create this bat file to run your miner

cgminer -o http://127.0.0.1:1500 -u anything -p whatever --btc-address (Your greed payment address)

Unfortunately I think you need your rig on the same IP to do this. Nicehash requires stratum. But if anyone feels like trying to solo the next block(s) go for it!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: