Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:45:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Game of [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] GREED [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]  (Read 42883 times)
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:54:04 AM

Everyone use your own discretion and be careful. But I do believe the dev's false positive claim because I scanned seedbit (a similiar wallet) and just got the same virustotal hit. So it is either a false positive, or as dev said all these type wallets are infected Sad

Seedbit forum quote:

whatdidshedo: whast'sd with apn file folder this new wallet created in c: programdata along with pup (virus) or potentially unwanted software?

that was couple days ago when i got new seedbit wallet, PUP aka potentially unwanted program ... and removed it, someone said above he encountered same on seedbit.. i'm not sure what is it but usually those are programs that get downloaded accidentally cause people don't check off those options on some free software , but how that got into these wallets is beyond me ...hopefully someone will be able to answer you better and clear these things up..

Should be noted it was built in a virtual machine that has done nothing but work on greed. Exact same environment all the other releases came from. Must be a false positive..

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
whatdidshedo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:58:00 AM

Everyone use your own discretion and be careful. But I do believe the dev's false positive claim because I scanned seedbit (a similiar wallet) and just got the same virustotal hit. So it is either a false positive, or as dev said all these type wallets are infected Sad

Seedbit forum quote:

whatdidshedo: whast'sd with apn file folder this new wallet created in c: programdata along with pup (virus) or potentially unwanted software?

that was couple days ago when i got new seedbit wallet, PUP aka potentially unwanted program ... and removed it, someone said above he encountered same on seedbit.. i'm not sure what is it but usually those are programs that get downloaded accidentally cause people don't check off those options on some free software , but how that got into these wallets is beyond me ...hopefully someone will be able to answer you better and clear these things up..

Should be noted it was built in a virtual machine that has done nothing but work on greed. Exact same environment all the other releases came from. Must be a false positive..

i'm not acusing anyone but i haven't tried your new wallet cause i'm not home where my coins are but other day on seedbit i got that PUP, that dev also denied it, either you guys hired same guy(bad actor) or i don't know, but hopefully someone will be able to clear it up with better knowledge ..

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:04:44 AM

Seedbit forum quote:

i'm not acusing anyone but i haven't tried your new wallet cause i'm not home where my coins are but other day on seedbit i got that PUP, that dev also denied it, either you guys hired same guy(bad actor) or i don't know, but hopefully someone will be able to clear it up with better knowledge ..

Well, the PUP this states it is positive for would be a plugin to you browser, and is adware. My foxfire is working fine and I do not see that I have any pesky new toolbars, nor has my homepage or default search engine been changed. The reason I know this PUP is adware is because I googled it. But I guess that is just too hard for some people to do. I think this is a false positive.
whatdidshedo

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:08:50 AM

Seedbit forum quote:

Well, the PUP this states it is positive for would be a plugin to you browser, and is adware. My foxfire is working fine and I do not see that I have any pesky new toolbars, nor has my homepage or default search engine been changed. The reason I know this PUP is adware is because I googled it. But I guess that is just too hard for some people to do. I think this is a false positive.

i said it above i'm not the one that got it , cause i haven't tried wallet at all yet.. but u guess it is to hard for you to read above

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:19:19 AM

Seedbit forum quote:

i said it above i'm not the one that got it , cause i haven't tried wallet at all yet.. but u guess it is to hard for you to read above

Well, I'm sure that wherever you are at, you could have clicked on the virus total check link  and copied and pasted the name of the PUP into google. Instead you bring up FUD about all the new devs are hiring some bad actor. LOL.
whatdidshedo

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:27:04 AM

Seedbit forum quote:

Well, I'm sure that wherever you are at, you could have clicked on the virus total check link  and copied and pasted the name of the PUP into google. Instead you bring up FUD about all the new devs are hiring some bad actor. LOL.

FUD, i see you learned to follow the sheep and call anything that threatens your bag FUD, i explained what pup is above and it's not my job to protect this coin, just cause i own couple bucks of it i won't be whorin myself calling legitimate concerns fud.

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:45:03 AM

Seedbit forum quote:

Well, I'm sure that wherever you are at, you could have clicked on the virus total check link  and copied and pasted the name of the PUP into google. Instead you bring up FUD about all the new devs are hiring some bad actor. LOL.

FUD, i see you learned to follow the sheep and call anything that threatens your bag FUD, i explained what pup is above and it's not my job to protect this coin, just cause i own couple bucks of it i won't be whorin myself calling legitimate concerns fud.

Well, I cleared this up with better knowledge. The PUP that viruscheck is stating this wallet and other wallets has is plugin adware. I have also reported that my browser is not showing any symptoms of this kind of malware being successful on my system or even present. However, you can go with your theory that there is some bad actor out there wanting to add adware to our systems. Please dump on my low buy order on yobit.
whatdidshedo

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:55:36 AM

Seedbit forum quote:

Well, I'm sure that wherever you are at, you could have clicked on the virus total check link  and copied and pasted the name of the PUP into google. Instead you bring up FUD about all the new devs are hiring some bad actor. LOL.

Well, I cleared this up with better knowledge. The PUP that viruscheck is stating this wallet and other wallets has is plugin adware. I have also reported that my browser is not showing any symptoms of this kind of malware being successful on my system or even present. However, you can go with your theory that there is some bad actor out there wanting to add adware to our systems. Please dump on my low buy order on yobit.

either you guys hired same guy(bad actor) or i don't know, but hopefully someone will be able to clear it up with better knowledge ..            either or something else option 1 or 2 not a theory , anyway i got the wallet and it seems fine ..

PS: be patient sooner or later i will dump on you Smiley

SIX3P0

Activity: 247

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:57:50 AM

I was first to post about it, and ya I googled but only one site had any info on it and that site has same description for everything on site. Trojans, worms all say same shit...and buy their anti malware to get rid of it. You would have to be a complete MORON to go by that. Since Bones that looks like you, and you have installed. Why dont you do alittle more digging. Check newly installed programs, see if anything new in program files. See if there is anything suspicious running in background. Then get back to us    
whatdidshedo

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:01:55 AM

I was first to post about it, and ya I googled but only one site had any info on it and that site has same description for everything on site. Trojans, worms all say same shit...and buy their anti malware to get rid of it. You would have to be a complete MORON to go by that. Since Bones that looks like you, and you have installed. Why dont you do alittle more digging. Check newly installed programs, see if anything new in program files. See if there is anything suspicious running in background. Then get back to us    

hey i got the wallet it's running seems fine , i don't see any changes in appdata local or others but i'm no security expert like bones lol, anyway it seems fine but i'm no security expert so take it as is..
no strange processes running in tasks either so if anything is there i can't see it or my anti spyware software.

SIX3P0

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:07:33 AM

Have you tried chrome, explorer to see if add ware was added there?
whatdidshedo

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:10:43 AM

Have you tried chrome, explorer to see if add ware was added there?

no addons or extentions running it''s fine, now other day the one i got from seedbit was like ask tollbar pup so is it possible that it came with our files cause we got them from mega(only other thing i can think of
of)?

only that one software VBA32 flags it all other seem fine on virustotal, and the fact that i don't see anything running here locally i concluded it seems fine..

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:22:17 AM

I just did the Virustotal check on my old positron wallet and it came up with the same results.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9bf4437f22109d00afab14cca15f4ee73ae72c62066da1d2ef721bb993ae0fd6/analysis/1433052635/

This file checked clean before I reanalyzed today.

Also did this on my old 10K coin. (The coin is now dead, converted to other coin.)
Same results
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c5f73636e76cbecaf584f6a7eacdde7952282998996e57db03928c46693ffe76/analysis/1433052800/

This file also checked clean before I reanalyzed it today.

Checked my old crave wallet that I have not been using, same results
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/01bf0b45136c15edd7c5df4223988de49403136fbd978082f68d8448caa2618e/analysis/1433053223/

Shall we go on? Good news, my really old paycoin wallet came back clean.

proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:25:50 AM

I just did the Virustotal check on my old positron wallet and it came up with the same results.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9bf4437f22109d00afab14cca15f4ee73ae72c62066da1d2ef721bb993ae0fd6/analysis/1433052635/

Also did this on my old 10K coin. (The coin is now dead, converted to other coin.)
Same results
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c5f73636e76cbecaf584f6a7eacdde7952282998996e57db03928c46693ffe76/analysis/1433052800/

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/01bf0b45136c15edd7c5df4223988de49403136fbd978082f68d8448caa2618e/analysis/1433053223/

ha! yeah I had the old crave wallet from when i2p was released..... confirmed to be flagged as well. It's the VBA32 antivirus engine acting up.
SIX3P0

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:29:03 AM

I took the plunge and installed:
No new programs, No new background applications running, No adware on chrome, No extensions added, No change in chrome settings.
I am no expert ether but I counted all these things before install and they are all the same after  Wink looks safe ppl
whatdidshedo

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:30:34 AM

No new programs, No new background applications running, No adware on chrome, No extensions added, No change in chrome settings.
I am no expert ether but I counted all these things before install and they are all the same after  Wink looks safe ppl

you bastard you waited for me to try first lol, thanks to others that chipped in , at least we are clear now , good  luck to all staking ..

SIX3P0

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:31:22 AM

Same results

ha! yeah I had the old crave wallet from when i2p was released..... confirmed to be flagged as well. It's the VBA32 antivirus engine acting up.

Yes must be VBA32
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:33:58 AM

Greed updated on both yobit & pool now. Just waiting on BE.

Greed updated, resync in progress. Thanks for reporting!

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
SIX3P0

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:35:13 AM

you bastard you waited for me to try first lol, thanks to others that chipped in , at least we are clear now , good  luck to all staking ..

Cheesy lol Cheesy better you than me  Roll Eyes
Bitcoinmeister

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:09:26 AM

Greed has updated to V:3.1.0!

Please:
1: Close your greed wallet
2. Delete everything but your wallet.dat file in your AppData/Roaming/Greed folder.
(Do not delete your wallet.dat file!!)
3. Launch Greed V:3.1.0

Download Greed V3.1.0 HERE!

~Changelog~
Maturity time reduced from 8 hours to 4 hours. (Time to mature still may vary)
Confirms needed for new coins reduced from 100 to 20 blocks.

i have 1389 confitmation but always no mature coin, an i have the new wallet v.3.1.0

▄████████▄           ▄███████▄
          ████████████▄       ▄███████████
         ██████████████████████████████████
         ██████████████████████████████████                                              █████
          ████████████▀       ▀███████████                                               █████
            ▀██████▀            ▀██████▀                                                     
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄▄▄▄▄▄             █████████      ███████████    ████▒     █████  █████     ▄█████████▄     ███████████
 ██████████          ██████████          ███████████▒    ████████████    ████     ████   █████    █████████████    ████████████
█████████████       ████████████        ████     ████    ████    ▒████   █████   ████    █████   ▒████     ████▒   ████▒  ░░████
█████████████      ██████████████      ██████████████▒   ████     ████    ████   ████    █████   ████      ▒████   ████▒    ████
█████████████      ██████████████      █████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒    ████     ████     ████ ████     █████   ████▒     ▒████   ████▒    ████
█████████████       ████████████        ████▒            ████     ████      ███████      █████    ████     ████    ████▒    ████
 ▀█████████▀         ▀████████▀          ███████████     ████     ████      ▒█████       █████     ███████████     ████▒    ████
                                           ▀██████▒      ████     ████       ▒███        █████       ▀█████▀       ████▒    ████
           ▄████████▄          ▄████████▄
          ████████████▄      ▄████████████
          ████████████████████████████████
           ██████████▀        ▀██████████ 
            ▀██████▀            ▀██████▀ 
    WORLD'S MOST PROFITABLE STANDARD
  OF SELF-EXPANDING CRYPTO INFRASTRUCTURE
FACEBOOK 】【 TWITTER
        ANN THREAD
TELEGRAM MEDIUM

Join our ICO: 
Dec. 1-31 │ Whitepaper 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: