Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:54:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Game of [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] GREED [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]  (Read 42876 times)
johncassa

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:24:17 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 11:42:53 AM by johncassa

But when I find a block with the DPos how long should I wait before I return to active stake?
200 blocks of DPos are not many and I wanted to know how many chances I have to find the blocks in this range.
Is better to do a split the coins in my wallet, or have only one but more large?

For example, if I have 5 greed in my wallet and find a block can happen that the stake becomes active again after the passage of the 200 blocks?
If I have in my wallet 5 greed but divided into blocks of 1 greed maybe I have more chance to find more blocks in the range of DPos?

This could be important because maybe convenient have the wallet divided into small groups of greed instead having only one bigger.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrepierre

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:29:56 PM

But when I find a block with the DPos how long should I wait before I return to active stake?
200 blocks of DPos are not many and I wanted to know how many chances I have to find the blocks in this range.
Is better to do a split the coins in my wallet, or have only one but more large?

For example, if I have 5 greed in my wallet and find a block can happen that the stake becomes active again after the passage of the 200 blocks?
If I have in my wallet 5 greed but divided into blocks of 1 greed maybe I have more chance to find more blocks in the range of DPos?

This could be important because maybe convenient have the wallet divided into small groups of greed instead having only one bigger.

I divided the coins in my wallet, each one minimum of 1 coin. I hope this is the best way to do it and have enough weight.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:15:27 PM

At the moment, we need a few more people to dust off their USB sticks and volunteer to mine this for free. Right now, I am the only person keeping the blockchain moving. This is really unhealthy. I could get upset and just unplug my USB miner, and the network would slow down to a crawl. Also, my computer could go down or my USB stick could blow a capacitor. ATM, I could launch a 51% attack if I knew how...
I'm a good guy and promise not to do anything nasty. But this is cryptoworld. Can you really trust me that much?
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:36:31 PM

At the moment, we need a few more people to dust off their USB sticks and volunteer to mine this for free. Right now, I am the only person keeping the blockchain moving. This is really unhealthy. I could get upset and just unplug my USB miner, and the network would slow down to a crawl. Also, my computer could go down or my USB stick could blow a capacitor. ATM, I could launch a 51% attack if I knew how...
I'm a good guy and promise not to do anything nasty. But this is cryptoworld. Can you really trust me that much?

Someone in cryptoland giving a **** about anyone else but himself? Someone that would do anything for free, anything that does not look like instant profit? Really?

Dream on - people are driven by greed.
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:44:28 PM

Thanks for doing this btw.

I've been occasionally solo mining with my 350 MH. It's not much but it's something I guess.

Also you couldn't commit a 51% attack attempt via the pool to my knowledge. It would have to be the pool op attempting that (and he wont if that isn't obvious..).

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:49:15 PM

Someone in cryptoland giving a **** about anyone else but himself? Someone that would do anything for free, anything that does not look like instant profit? Really?

Dream on - people are driven by greed.

It is an act of greed to "volunteer" to use 2 watts per hour to get this block chain moving. We do want the blockchain to keep moving to the big stake blocks? No? Furthermore, people do want to move their coins back and forth from Yobit. No?
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:53:09 PM

I've been occasionally solo mining with my 350 MH. It's not much but it's something I guess.

Also you couldn't commit a 51% attack attempt via the pool to my knowledge. It would have to be the pool op attempting that (and he wont if that isn't obvious..).

True, but with a little bit of help from google, one could learn to set up their own private pool. (I can't figure out how to solo mine this coin. My attempt failed.) I just think we should have a few more volunteers to ensure that we don't have any BS.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:15:07 PM

What is the issue with the chain?
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:26:08 PM

True, but with a little bit of help from google, one could learn to set up their own private pool. (I can't figure out how to solo mine this coin. My attempt failed.) I just think we should have a few more volunteers to ensure that we don't have any BS.

I will back you up with a slot on my multi pool, will be back with details once compiled...

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:17:50 PM

What is the issue with the chain?

The only issue with the network is that it is vulnerable to a 51% attack. We can keep our fingers crossed. It appears the hash just recently went way up. That is good news, I think.
whatdidshedo

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:42:40 PM

any nodes?
got only 1 connection

crunck
Legendary

crunck

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:48:05 PM

any nodes?
got only 1 connection

I have created a permanent node for you running in an EU Data Centre 24/7

addnode=37.187.99.136

GREED Tips welcome: F6WkA7jPUof8JB6qxHP88tnQzdJfbTMWN7

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
HammyCoin

Activity: 363

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:56:20 PM

Worrying about preventing a 50% attack on a small SHA chain is pointless, theres an endless sea of hash out there and it costs very little to rent a few TH for a few minutes.

A better approach would just be to keep an eye on the chain and alert people if anything suspicious occurs.

That said when I tried to put my miner (antminer s5) on the official pool it didn't work. I'd be happy to volunteer it through block 11000 if I can get it working. I don't want to jack the diff up with a newer miner if that's not what people want, though.
Greed Dev (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:16:20 PM

Worrying about preventing a 50% attack on a small SHA chain is pointless, theres an endless sea of hash out there and it costs very little to rent a few TH for a few minutes.

A better approach would just be to keep an eye on the chain and alert people if anything suspicious occurs.

That said when I tried to put my miner (antminer s5) on the official pool it didn't work. I'd be happy to volunteer it through block 11000 if I can get it working. I don't want to jack the diff up with a newer miner if that's not what people want, though.

Was there any feedback errors or anything?

any nodes?
got only 1 connection

I have created a permanent node for you running in an EU Data Centre 24/7

addnode=37.187.99.136

GREED Tips welcome: F6WkA7jPUof8JB6qxHP88tnQzdJfbTMWN7

Awesome, ty!

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
HammyCoin

Activity: 363

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:33:33 PM

I proxy it through MRR as it's located remotely, all I see is MRR blocking the pool whenever I try switch over.
SIX3P0

Activity: 247

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:48:07 PM

I got 1 node still on block 9659 8 min ago, everyone got same?
crunck
Legendary

crunck

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:51:03 PM

"version" : "v3.1.0.0-g32a928e",
    "protocolversion" : 60019,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 9659,
    "timeoffset" : -25,
    "moneysupply" : 125.00029436,
    "connections" : 3,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "37.187.99.136",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 11169.34033069,
        "proof-of-stake" : 0.00024414
    },
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1433090791,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:38:44 PM

Yes, someone ran up the difficulty to 11k and bailed. It will take my usb stick a while to get the blockchain unstuck.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:42:40 PM

I proxy it through MRR as it's located remotely, all I see is MRR blocking the pool whenever I try switch over.

Although the web page states to set the username to anything, I found the only way to get it to accept me is to use my greed address as username. But I have a batch file pointing my usb stick direct to the pool. Not sure if that will work going through MRR.
crunck
Legendary

crunck

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:45:40 PM

I will try and shift the chain now for you hang on

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: