Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2024, 10:25:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road Founder Ross Ulbricht Sentenced to Life in Prison  (Read 50116 times)
jmurjeff

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:30:05 AM

He should have moved to Antigua. They would probably not extradite him back to the U.S. They have a beef with our government as it is. This country can be harsh in sentences when it comes to drugs. Even if you are the middle man. It could be worst because in some countries they would have given him the death penalty.
Mr. Burns

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:30:12 AM

he actually deserves life.  unlike most of u people.  i actually bought some damaging drugs from that site (like opium).  the instructions were to put it in my freezer cause it came from India and was really hot and liquid like.  but i didn't wait.  i instead smoked the plastic it came on by accident.  now i have this cough that won't go away Sad

fuck HIM

and FUCK HIM FOR NOT SELLING OPIUM LOCALLY OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND KEPT IT OUT OF THE HEAT
FUCK ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES IN GENERAL.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:40:07 AM

It could be worst because in some countries they would have given him the death penalty.

How is death penalty worse than life in prison?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:42:57 AM

Hopefully the appeal process will help, right now this is a sad day for freedom.

he actually deserves life.  unlike most of u people.  i actually bought some damaging drugs from that site (like opium).  the instructions were to put it in my freezer cause it came from India and was really hot and liquid like.  but i didn't wait.  i instead smoked the plastic it came on by accident.  now i have this cough that won't go away Sad

fuck HIM

and FUCK HIM FOR NOT SELLING OPIUM LOCALLY OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND KEPT IT OUT OF THE HEAT

Blame Ross if it makes you feel better, hope your cough gets better in the future.   Smiley

OwnBitcoins

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 12:44:49 AM

Yeah was it 15 or 25-life? No way he got life without parole that is just insanity! I mean he had a damn website he wasn't out molesting and killing people.

You need to take into consideration what was being sold in the silk markets, and all other markets. You could buy people in there...
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:50:06 AM

Not that harsh if you just google a law book.
Mr. Burns

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:51:52 AM

Hopefully the appeal process will help, right now this is a sad day for freedom.

fuck HIM

Blame Ross if it makes you feel better, hope your cough gets better in the future.   Smiley

it actually made me more civilized of a person.  cause i used to walk down the street lamenting the loss of my ex-girlfriend with song.  now i just smoke cigarettes.  fuck her.  and fuck her kind (hipsters).
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:04:00 AM

If you go to trial in the US federal court system, you get the max sentence if you lose; it's the unwrittin law in the back of the federal sentencing guildlines.

They do this to encourage people not use their rights and just accept a plea deal.

Doesnt matter anyway, this case will be overturned due to LE's fuckup and there will be a re-trial at which point they will offer him a deal of 25 years or so and he will accept it.
jmurjeff

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:04:28 AM

It could be worst because in some countries they would have given him the death penalty.

I can't say 100% that it is worst. I think that is up to the individual. However quite a few people on death row would rather have life. I remember one of the guys executed in the Bali nine was asked what kind of life would he have in prison. He responded that it was a life. I would probably not want to sit in a cage for life but my decision may change if faced with death.
Gismo28

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:09:23 AM

he deserved it!
he made milions for supporting killers!
PenguinFire

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:10:34 AM

Wow that's really harsh.
I really hate drugs and the harm they do.
But putting this guy in prison for the rest of his life won't end drug abuse.

I think the murder for hires were a bigger wrong committed.  He defiantly deserves prison but I would let him out in his mid 60s.  Earlier if he convinced all the staff he wanted to go back out into the world and just be with his family and live a normal life.

trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:12:35 AM

Damn. Sucks to be him.  Lived 2 years as a king and will now pay for it with the rest of his life.  My question is, why was he still running his operation from the US?  With all that money, he could have been operating in a 3rd world country and probably would've never been caught.  Even if he did, he'd be able to buy his way out of it.
chalkboard17

Activity: 484
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:16:47 AM

fuck HIM

No, fuck YOU. You get shitty, dangerous and underdosed products because the state keeps on locking everyone who attempts to sell them, thus creating an illegal and low quality black market.

Well, both really suck but at least with life in prison he can CHOOSE if he wants to die - by killing. Doesn't work the other way around. Hes sorta young so perhaps the world may change and free him one day, even if it takes 40 years.

Wow that's really harsh.
I really hate drugs and the harm they do.
But putting this guy in prison for the rest of his life won't end drug abuse.

I think the murder for hires were a bigger wrong committed.  He defiantly deserves prison but I would let him out in his mid 60s.  Earlier if he convinced all the staff he wanted to go back out into the world and just be with his family and live a normal life.
True, I agree with the murder for hire. However, nobody was killed, although he did try to do that. That is something I agree he should go to jail for, if somebody was killed.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:19:27 AM

So if I tried to murder your entire family and failed, then it's all good, since I didn't succeed? You'll invite me to your next BBQ party?

Just because nothing potentially happened (is that even confirmed?) doesn't mean there was no crime.
Gismo28

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:22:17 AM

he is basically responsible for a dozen of death people
just imagine how many people bought hard drugs and died from it?
or the damage he caused through counterfeit vendors!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:24:53 AM

Damn. Sucks to be him.  Lived 2 years as a king and will now pay for it with the rest of his life.  My question is, why was he still running his operation from the US?  With all that money, he could have been operating in a 3rd world country and probably would've never been caught.  Even if he did, he'd be able to buy his way out of it.

Because he was dumb? Can't think of any other reason. There is a long, long history of law enforcement infiltrating illicit forums (carders etc) way before he came along. He should've been fully aware of that and taken the necessary measures.

It really doesn't sound like he lived as much of a king either. Renting house shares and sitting in coffee shops on your laptop all day doesn't strike me as living the dream.
jmurjeff

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:29:02 AM

he is basically responsible for a dozen of death people
just imagine how many people bought hard drugs and died from it?
or the damage he caused through counterfeit vendors!

There are tons of deaths from prescription drugs. Quite honestly people who do drugs are going to do drugs. You can argue he caused the damage but the people are going to get drugs. The amount of people who do drugs is numerous. Unless the government regulates it, there will be many more silk roads.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:39:40 AM

What's just as tragic is that we all have to obey laws that go against very basic human and constitutional rights as free men and women.  There are already people in US federal prisons "for life" for marijuana possession which is legal in several states now.  And to the argument, "oh but these were people who possessed with the intent to distribute..."  So what?  Freedom is Freedom until we submit to having none which is pretty much what has happened in the US in the past recent decades.  "The war on drugs..."  what a terrible and hypocritical thing to war against.  Who gets to decide what I or anyone else puts in their body?  I thought that was my freedom... my liberty.

Inhibiting liberties is the simplest form of oppression and is ultimately a nation killer.

Write your congressional representative if you agree.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:43:15 AM

Yeah was it 15 or 25-life? No way he got life without parole that is just insanity! I mean he had a damn website he wasn't out molesting and killing people.

I have a thread about the African American Mormon named Curtis Clark Green who had his death faked by two rogue FBI agents at Ross' request if that counts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045937.0.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=62129

Name:   bigasic
Activity:   714
Position:   Hero Member
Date Registered:   July 14, 2012, 08:11:07 PM
Last Active:   May 25, 2015, 11:07:18 PM

I'm taken aback that Curtis isn't here to speak against his former employer.
Mr. Burns

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:43:51 AM

why marijuana?

why not alcohol?  something to calm u for just a little while.  if it was legal you'd probably want to kill yourself by the end of the day.

look at Colorado for God's sake.  people are dying.  like in schools and shit.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: