Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:52:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road Founder Ross Ulbricht Sentenced to Life in Prison  (Read 50097 times)
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 02:41:02 PM

He probably wants a website operator like Ross Ulbricht to get imprisioned for life and Edward Snowden to get the death penalty for treason. Boy, somebody drank the kool-aid. It's idiots like that that make me glad Murrica is a sinking ship. I'll drown but at least I know he'll go with me.

I miss the newbie jail.

Well you can't hardly count me as a newbie and I agree with him 100%.

You need to add in Bradley Manning into the mix of people that need to be shot dead.

~BCX~

Not so afraid of trolls this morning so I'll bite Smiley  Why do you think this cat needs capital punishment? 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 02:50:38 PM

PM me for Katherine Forrest's email address.

newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:12:59 PM

You need to add in Bradley Manning into the mix of people that need to be shot dead.
~BCX~

Shot for exposing war crimes by the US military in Iraq? Strange logic that, maybe if America actually followed international law and Geneva conventions there wouldn't be anything to expose in the first place.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:25:24 PM

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:27:04 PM

Nice!

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:09:28 PM

The U.S. isn't tough - it's fucked. It's the one of the worst criminal justice systems in the world and on par with Somalia.

The United State of America is the only country in the world where children as young as 13 years old have been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole. 2484 children have been sentenced as adults in the United States. Equal Justice Initiative (EJI) has documented 73 cases where children 13-14 years of ages had been condemned to death in prison. 70% of these children are minority. EJI attorneys had interviewed one Alabama inmate that is serving a life imprisionment for an offense that occurred when he was 15. Since being incarcerated in an adult prison, this boy has been repeatedly raped.  This boy's story is not unusual. Death in prison sentences are imposed in the United States are a rate at least three times higher today than 15 years ago. These children should be re-sentenced to parole-eligible sentences as soon as possible. It is a shame that the United State of America, known to be the land of opportunity and freedom, can be compared in terms of Juvenile Criminal Laws to one of the poorest countries in the word, with civil wars, pirates, and having the worst cases of human's rights violations for their civilians; "Somalia". The United States and Somalia are the only countries in the world with the death sentence for children ages 13,14,15,16,and 17 years old. 132 countries have rejected the death sentence altogether.

True, but Somalia doesn't carry their sickness into other countries, while the US does it all the time. The US justice system is extremely imperialistic and even gets people in trouble who have never done anything wrong in the USA. Swiss bankers, offshore gambling, Kim Dotcom, and there are millions of other victims of US justice running amok around the globe  Angry.

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:15:24 PM

Sounds just like the US to be honest, the incarceration rate of black americans compared to whites is insane

The overall incarceration rate is way over the average in the United States. Even for the non-Hispanic whites, the rate is much higher when compared to the same in Canada or the United Kingdom. The main reason for this high incarceration rate is the so called "war on drugs". More than a million people are currently incarcerated on drug related offences. And almost none of them are drug lords.

Yep, the United States leads the world in only three categories.

1) Number of incarcerated citizens per capita
2) Number of adults who believe angels are real
3) Defense spending

lol, i saw that episode of the newsroom as well. Show didn't hold up for me though. 

That one Newsroom "rant" was epic, way above average for American TV.  Smiley

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:32:56 PM

You wouldn't catch me living in the US, but there are hordes of people around the world who dream of living there. Compared to Europe it's a truly bizarro combination of advancement in certain areas and quasi medievalism in others but I'll take it over living in a puddle of shit in the Central African Republic most days of the week.
daddybios
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1098

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 06:47:27 PM

I sympathize with Ross Ulbricht and his mother. It was a demonstrative punishment. It was interesting to read his letter to the judge. He was too naive, sings and caught. I hope that he would be released soon. Life imprisonment is very strict.

Freedom to Ross Ulbricht!
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:26:33 PM

I sympathize with Ross Ulbricht and his mother. It was a demonstrative punishment. It was interesting to read his letter to the judge. He was too naive, sings and caught. I hope that he would be released soon. Life imprisonment is very strict.

This guy wasn't naive in the slightest. He knew what would happen if he would ever get caught.

He just thought he would never get caught.

~BCX~
funkenstein
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 09:35:16 PM

Yeah but you're BCX. You get off on controversy and fucking with people even especially if your completely wrong and you know it because it makes the fight more tasty. lol

Are you calling me a troll LOL

@newsflash

If he weren't a member of the US Military and just a reporter I wouldn't have an issue with it.

But he wasn't, he had sworn allegiance to the USA and committed treason.

~BCX~

If I say you commited treason, does that make it so?  

If I tell you you have a headlight out, do you claim I have conspired against your vehicle?  

I would address your argument, but as you can tell I have to guess what it is.. because you have made none.  

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
AJMax

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:39:41 PM

Yeah but you're BCX. You get off on controversy and fucking with people even especially if your completely wrong and you know it because it makes the fight more tasty. lol

Are you calling me a troll LOL

@newsflash

If he weren't a member of the US Military and just a reporter I wouldn't have an issue with it.

But he wasn't, he had sworn allegiance to the USA and committed treason.

~BCX~

If I tell you you have a headlight out, do you claim I have conspired against your vehicle?  

I would address your argument, but as you can tell I have to guess what it is.. because you have made none.  

By your infantile 'logic', I can call you a hemaphrodite and it will be so regardless of your actual traits.

Playing word games, very childish. Manning is a traitor and a liar because he amusingly thought he could flippantly throw away the promise made to serve the country - in this case he was serving no one but himself. Breaker of vows, liar, and a cowardly pssy - and not even a man at that.

Some hero you fcks pick out to be your role model Grin
spud21

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:06:45 PM

You wouldn't catch me living in the US, but there are hordes of people around the world who dream of living there. Compared to Europe it's a truly bizarro combination of advancement in certain areas and quasi medievalism in others but I'll take it over living in a puddle of shit in the Central African Republic most days of the week.

If Ross had been living in China when he was caught they would have probably executed him by shooting him in the back of the head. If he had bee living in a US state with the death sentence they would have probably executed him too. I don't know which is worst, life in a US prison, or a bullet in the head.

How easy would it have been for him to get citizenship in a different country though? I know it's extremely difficult to get US citizenship, but would it have been any easier for him to get citizenship in a no extradition treaty country with a more lenient justice system?
EvenMatt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★secondstrade.com★

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:13:18 PM

he exaggerated it
he should have quitted when he had the chance!
btw the location usa was the most stupid fail ever..
why not any corrupt third world paradies?

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:24:54 PM

If Ross had been living in China when he was caught they would have probably executed him by shooting him in the back of the head. If he had bee living in a US state with the death sentence they would have probably executed him too. I don't know which is worst, life in a US prison, or a bullet in the head.

How easy would it have been for him to get citizenship in a different country though? I know it's extremely difficult to get US citizenship, but would it have been any easier for him to get citizenship in a no extradition treaty country with a more lenient justice system?

Bullet to the head would be my immediate preference but there's always some hope somewhere.

There are around 75 countries with no extradition treaties with the US. But I don't think that's any guarantee they won't give you up. I can't see why they would want a global pariah hanging around. All they'd have to do is deport you and revoke whatever citizenship you have. Diplomatic relations are going to be more important than harbouring some asshole.

dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 10:27:07 PM

Russia wouldn't have given him up .. if they protect snowden, they would protect Ulbricht just the same!

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:30:28 PM

Russia wouldn't have given him up .. if they protect snowden, they would protect Ulbricht just the same!

Snowden has some moral high ground and he's the perfect way to piss the US off without consuming much in the way of resources.

What on Earth would Russia have to gain by hosting Ross Ulbricht? Have you seen their prisons? He'd probably beg to be sent to the US and I'm sure the Russians would rather his board and lodging was being paid for by his home country.
funkenstein
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 10:41:03 PM

By your infantile 'logic', I can call you a hemaphrodite and it will be so regardless of your actual traits.

Playing word games, very childish. Manning is a traitor and a liar because he amusingly thought he could flippantly throw away the promise made to serve the country - in this case he was serving no one but himself. Breaker of vows, liar, and a cowardly pssy - and not even a man at that.

Odd, actually my infantile logic claimed exactly the opposite of that. 

Anyway,  here we finally have the beginning of an accusation:  "he flippantly thew away the promise made to serve the country". 

Continue please.  What specific act went against what specific promise? 

Remember the recommendation is capital punishment.  One would hope you would take that seriously enough to actually mention something real, rather than just "I hate vagina, kill this guy". 

I really don't care that you and he are homosexual, actually I was curious if there was anything real behind the accusation.  Guess not, what a surprise. 

"Angry trolls demand execution because reasons, news at 11"

AJMax

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:11:24 PM

Odd, actually my infantile logic claimed exactly the opposite of that. 

Anyway,  here we finally have the beginning of an accusation:  "he flippantly thew away the promise made to serve the country". 

Continue please.  What specific act went against what specific promise? 

Remember the recommendation is capital punishment.  One would hope you would take that seriously enough to actually mention something real, rather than just "I hate vagina, kill this guy". 

I really don't care that you and he are homosexual, actually I was curious if there was anything real behind the accusation.  Guess not, what a surprise. 

"Angry trolls demand execution because reasons, news at 11"

LOL

And this forum allows btches likes these to make childish comebacks Grin

If you even know you got called out for being a word game pssy, grow some back bone before barking again boy
funkenstein
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 11:39:19 PM

LOL

And this forum allows btches likes these to make childish comebacks Grin

If you even know you got called out for being a word game pssy, grow some back bone before barking again boy

Sorry, no doge on me.

If you care to defend your claim of treason, levelled against someone many believe have helped the USA, I will listen. 
Otherwise, lets get back to work. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: