Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:45:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road Founder Ross Ulbricht Sentenced to Life in Prison  (Read 50097 times)
AJMax

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:57:01 PM

LOL

And this forum allows btches likes these to make childish comebacks Grin

If you even know you got called out for being a word game pssy, grow some back bone before barking again boy

Sorry, no doge on me.

If you care to defend your claim of treason, levelled against someone many believe have helped the USA, I will listen. 
Otherwise, lets get back to work. 

Typical pussy this one LOL

If you can't even tell what's what, than don't bother arguing. Facts are staring at you in the face, so better learn the ropes before barking out of turn again Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 01:09:21 AM

LOL

If you even know you got called out for being a word game pssy, grow some back bone before barking again boy

Sorry, no doge on me.

If you care to defend your claim of treason, levelled against someone many believe have helped the USA, I will listen. 

If you can't even tell what's what, than don't bother arguing. Facts are staring at you in the face, so better learn the ropes before barking out of turn again Cheesy

My rebuttal to this one is totally unstoppable, witty, and pure awesome.   It's so good I'm gonna ask you to figure it out yourself; I don't have time to tell you here. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
AJMax

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:32:08 AM

LOL

Sorry, no doge on me.

My rebuttal to this one is totally unstoppable, witty, and pure awesome.   It's so good I'm gonna ask you to figure it out yourself; I don't have time to tell you here. 

Haha how weak can you get Cheesy
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:43:08 AM

LOL

Sorry, no doge on me.

If you keep quoting this idiot you're keeping my ignore button from working. Please stop quoting him.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:06:10 AM

What on Earth would Russia have to gain by hosting Ross Ulbricht? Have you seen their prisons? He'd probably beg to be sent to the US and I'm sure the Russians would rather his board and lodging was being paid for by his home country.

Why should Russia take Ross Ullbricht? They gave refugee status to Snowden, because he tarnished the image of the CIA through his revelations. On the other hand, Ross has nothing to offer to Russia. If they take him in, they will receive a lot of criticism from the international community, for trying to protect someone who is convicted on drug offences.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:31:59 AM

If you keep quoting this idiot you're keeping my ignore button from working. Please stop quoting him.

good idea. Trolls deserve no attention.

chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:59:18 AM

Ross won't serve life in prison. This society is going too last 5 years, maybe 10 max before the shit hits the fan.

Ross has a good 50 years or so left of his natural life. He will not spend more than 10 in prison before the coming collapse.

He'll be out in a prison break for sure..

Or worst case scenario, his prison gets hit by a natural disaster or nuclear strike, in which case he dies anyway, but without having to wait 50 years.

Either way, Ross needn't worry. Humanity is in for some major changes over the course of the next 10-20 years. This is inevitable. It will all happen long before he reaches the end of his natural life. Chances are good he will get to be a part of it.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:56:25 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 05:12:30 AM by AGD

If I say you commited treason, does that make it so?  

If I tell you you have a headlight out, do you claim I have conspired against your vehicle?  

I would address your argument, but as you can tell I have to guess what it is.. because you have made none.  

By your infantile 'logic', I can call you a hemaphrodite and it will be so regardless of your actual traits.

Playing word games, very childish. Manning is a traitor and a liar because he amusingly thought he could flippantly throw away the promise made to serve the country - in this case he was serving no one but himself. Breaker of vows, liar, and a cowardly pssy - and not even a man at that.

Some hero you fcks pick out to be your role model Grin

Odd, actually my infantile logic claimed exactly the opposite of that.  

Anyway,  here we finally have the beginning of an accusation:  "he flippantly thew away the promise made to serve the country".  

Continue please.  What specific act went against what specific promise?  

Remember the recommendation is capital punishment.  One would hope you would take that seriously enough to actually mention something real, rather than just "I hate vagina, kill this guy".  

I really don't care that you and he are homosexual, actually I was curious if there was anything real behind the accusation.  Guess not, what a surprise.  

"Angry trolls demand execution because reasons, news at 11"

As a soldier he has to take the oath of allegiance after the basic training. As soon as he did this (and I assume he did), when he stole this secret material and made it accessible to "the enemy", he commited a clear treason. No doubt about it.

edit: this had happened if Ross had chosen the Netherlands as a base:

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/06/10/utopia-market-developer-sentence-by-higher-courtroom-in-arnhem/

Steven Ruijter: Utopia Market Developer Aka “CosaNostra”, who was recently released after 1 year in prison, was sentenced today by The higher courtroom in Arnhem (Netherlands) to  2 years prison OR a release by bail  of 15,000 euros that need to be paid within 160 days counted from date of sentence (june 8 2015) to avoid prison time which will be converted to the time served during the trial. He was also sentenced to 200 hours community service.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 05:34:24 AM

As a soldier he has to take the oath of allegiance after the basic training. As soon as he did this (and I assume he did), when he stole this secret material and made it accessible to "the enemy", he commited a clear treason. No doubt about it.

I think you mean oath of enlistment.
The fact that you use quotes there also makes me think you -do- have doubt about it. 

So some kids who didn't know what was going on over there got to see some graphic footage of already past "action".  Who cares?  Shit just using the US dollar seems more treasonous than that. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:59:54 AM

I think you mean oath of enlistment.
The fact that you use quotes there also makes me think you -do- have doubt about it. 

So some kids who didn't know what was going on over there got to see some graphic footage of already past "action".  Who cares?  Shit just using the US dollar seems more treasonous than that. 

"oath of enlistment" is correct, sorry.
The quote was set, because "the enemy" is meant as an unknown identity, which is relative to the identity we are talking about here (USA). The enemy of the USA can be a hero for the Russians and vice versa.
Now the point is indeed this oath, which is clearly set to bind the soldier on millitary law. As soon as he spoke the words, there is no turning back and handing over classified data to the "enemy" is called high trason in a lot of countries, not only the USA.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:32:38 AM

Ross won't serve life in prison. This society is going too last 5 years, maybe 10 max before the shit hits the fan. Ross has a good 50 years or so left of his natural life. He will not spend more than 10 in prison before the coming collapse. He'll be out in a prison break for sure..

Successful prison breaks happen only in movies. So I am a little bit skeptical. But at the current rate of drug legalization (just look at Portugal and Uruguay) around the world, I hope that within 10-15 years, the United States will start legalizing the soft drugs such as weed and shrooms. Still, that doesn't guarentee his release, as he is accused of other crimes as well.
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:38:04 AM

Ross won't serve life in prison. This society is going too last 5 years, maybe 10 max before the shit hits the fan. Ross has a good 50 years or so left of his natural life. He will not spend more than 10 in prison before the coming collapse. He'll be out in a prison break for sure..

Successful prison breaks happen only in movies. So I am a little bit skeptical. But at the current rate of drug legalization (just look at Portugal and Uruguay) around the world, I hope that within 10-15 years, the United States will start legalizing the soft drugs such as weed and shrooms. Still, that doesn't guarentee his release, as he is accused of other crimes as well.

Not all the time: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/dannemora-prison-break-escape-has-become-longest-prison-break-in-new-york-history-10311916.html

Though it's almost unheard of and those that do usually get caught very quickly. Not really worth it as when you get caught your sentence will just be increased. And many states have already legalized cannabis medicinally and more are starting to do it for recreational purposes too but it'll be a long time before they legalize it on a federal level.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:41:12 AM

The drug thing is just a part of his impressive charges.

According to this http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/01/02/no-relief-convicted

The US is one of the few places that doesn't tend to take future law changes into account with convicts. The law at the time remains the law for them.

If he was convicted at state level there might be more wiggle room.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:02:19 PM

Though it's almost unheard of and those that do usually get caught very quickly. Not really worth it as when you get caught your sentence will just be increased.

Ross Ullbricht is already sentenced to life in prison without parole. How they are going to increase his punishment? By giving him the death penalty? In my opinion, if Ross gets a (semi-)decent chance to escape from the prison, he should utilize it. Even if he gets caught, it will make no difference to his prison term.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:04:04 PM

He is already sentenced to life in prison without parole. How they are going to increase his punishment?  By giving him the death penalty?

Straight to ADX Florence where he'll be buried alive for several years. No human contact and a tiny patch of sky to look at.
Finchy

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:10:03 PM

Though it's almost unheard of and those that do usually get caught very quickly. Not really worth it as when you get caught your sentence will just be increased.

Ross Ullbricht is already sentenced to life in prison without parole. How they are going to increase his punishment? By giving him the death penalty? In my opinion, if Ross gets a (semi-)decent chance to escape from the prison, he should utilize it. Even if he gets caught, it will make no difference to his prison term.

I wasn't talking about Ross. I was speaking in general. And if he did try to escape they could take away his privileges or put him in solitary.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:36:49 PM

Straight to ADX Florence where he'll be buried alive for several years. No human contact and a tiny patch of sky to look at.

Who want human contact, if it is only with hardcore criminals such as rapists, robbers and murderers? I still want him to try prison break. 

I wasn't talking about Ross. I was speaking in general. And if he did try to escape they could take away his privileges or put him in solitary.

If I was in his place, I wouldn't care much about the prison privileges. And solitary confinement will be a much better option, when compared to getting sodomized by the seasoned criminals.
Finchy

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:56:44 PM

Who want human contact, if it is only with hardcore criminals such as rapists, robbers and murderers? I still want him to try prison break. 

If I was in his place, I wouldn't care much about the prison privileges. And solitary confinement will be a much better option, when compared to getting sodomized by the seasoned criminals.

Of course you would. You're in jail until you die and you wouldn't care about losing the only things that are keeping you sane? You'd go nuts in solitary confinement for that long. And not everyone gets raped in prison but you seem to be quite preoccupied with that for some reason.
Blackbird0

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:10:27 PM

The drug thing is just a part of his impressive charges.

According to this http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/01/02/no-relief-convicted

The US is one of the few places that doesn't tend to take future law changes into account with convicts. The law at the time remains the law for them.

If he was convicted at state level there might be more wiggle room.

That's not quite true. To simplify it: certain fundamental changes in constitutional criminal procedure will be applied retroactively under Teague v. Lane, 489 U.S. 288 (1989).
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 01:12:56 PM

Well, this sentence is hard enough. Yet quite appropriate as for me, no one forced him to sell weapons and drugs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: