Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:21:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Before PoA, do we need merged mining?
Merged mining is a good idea
We do not need merged mining
We need only PoA
We need both merged mining and PoA

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS  (Read 450205 times)
Mendeleev

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 02:43:09 AM

Also, download links on the webpage still remain switched! Why is dev not fixing this simple issue? Its affecting the image of the coin in a negative way.
When you press to download client wallet, it gives you GUI wallet instead. When you click for GUI wallet download, it gives you client wallet instead.

The links have been fixed for a day or two now. Did you try refreshing the page? It should say Console (left) and GUI (right) above the correct links now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eeX

Activity: 961
Merit: 500

Soldo.IN [SLD]

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 03:14:24 PM

Big hashrate is evil.

I had 12-15K coins daily @ MG before hardfork.
Today I mined just 240 coins only Sad

Seems XDN at next rebranding will get name "UnObtainium" Sad

I often guess why miners still sell XDN while current rate is so tiny?

Rate should increase x100 to the maining remain profitable a little bit.............

Soldo [SLD] @ Soldo.IN
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 04:38:54 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2016, 04:49:40 AM by Relnarien

Big hashrate is evil.

Rate should increase x100 to the maining remain profitable a little bit.............

Apparently, you are unfamiliar with the concept of inflation. If the supply of coins increases at a much faster rate than the demand for it, then the value of the coin will eventually decrease to somehow balance it. That's why a lot of high-quantity coins have a hard time organically increasing in value when there is no merchant support backing them either. The point of decentralized mining was always to give everyone an equal amount of opportunity to get coins while safeguarding the blockchain from malicious parties.

The generation rate of coins is not going to be increased just because a single miner can no longer monopolize the coins for himself. In fact, that you had been monopolizing it to a large extent for so long is a good reason to support the further increase of the hashrate.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 11:20:53 AM

Big hashrate is evil.

Apparently, you are unfamiliar with the concept of inflation. If the supply of coins increases at a much faster rate than the demand for it, then the value of the coin will eventually decrease to somehow balance it. That's why a lot of high-quantity coins have a hard time organically increasing in value when there is no merchant support backing them either. The point of decentralized mining was always to give everyone an equal amount of opportunity to get coins while safeguarding the blockchain from malicious parties.

The generation rate of coins is not going to be increased just because a single miner can no longer monopolize the coins for himself. In fact, that you had been monopolizing it to a large extent for so long is a good reason to support the further increase of the hashrate.

Was thinking the same on number of coins generated - lets hope that the hash rate changes turn into a price increase. If so, its win/win all round, especially for the bag holders =)
sbtctalk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:31:09 PM

Excuse my ignorance --- it takes much longer time to mine one XDN, is it due to the hard fork?

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 03:03:50 PM

Excuse my ignorance --- it takes much longer time to mine one XDN, is it due to the hard fork?

Yes. The hardfork enabled merge mining, so now minergate is mining XDN with the entirety of their Monero hashrate, and probably collecting 99% of all XDN block rewards. Not sure how many Monero miners on minergate are requesting XDN or if it's automatically setup to reward them. There's no open source software for merge mining pools though, so I think at this point minergate just gets all the coins.
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:52:18 PM

Big hashrate is evil.

So you are complaining because you don't have 20% of the hashrate anymore?  Roll Eyes
kkraus69

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 08:29:34 PM

Yes. The hardfork enabled merge mining, so now minergate is mining XDN with the entirety of their Monero hashrate, and probably collecting 99% of all XDN block rewards. Not sure how many Monero miners on minergate are requesting XDN or if it's automatically setup to reward them. There's no open source software for merge mining pools though, so I think at this point minergate just gets all the coins.

Yes, I think merged mining is working well for DigitalNote's security. Looking into https://minergate.com/ I see their pool currently has about 20% of the hashrate with 847 miners in their pool when writing this. 520kH/s worldwide with 107kH/s coming from their pool. There is a lot of informative stats available on their homepage by following the above link.

Before the XDN fork I had only one I5 CPU dedicated to XDN. Now I have switched most of my mining rigs to merged mining between XMR/FCN and XMR/ FCN now helping to secure three coins with a bigger hashrate instead of two. Essentially. all of my GPUs have now doubled their hashrate.

I still would like to set up my own pool if I ever get a chance to learn how.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1106

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 08:36:47 PM

Interesting. I'm surprised they aren't much higher percentage, since afaik they are the only ones with a public mergemine pool. Guess there must be some private pool merge miners.
kkraus69

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 09:18:40 PM

Interesting. I'm surprised they aren't much higher percentage, since afaik they are the only ones with a public mergemine pool. Guess there must be some private pool merge miners.

Yes, there must be. I am looking forward to the XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner release where I can try to set up my own personal stratum with a separate pool to follow. It looks like most of the Monero miners are currently missing out on the bonus of merged mining with a worldwide Monero hashrate of 31MH/s while the rest of the cryptonotes have about 3MH/s.

You can do solo. Solo is the best solution for the strong network. Next thing we will provide (hope this week) is XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner.
It is not a big deal to add some stratum software to upcoming XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner to connect dozens of servers and GPU rigs.
After that, we will add mm support in pools, but i really hope someone will do it for us.

starmman
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 10:05:53 PM

Yes, there must be. I am looking forward to the XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner release where I can try to set up my own personal stratum with a separate pool to follow. It looks like most of the Monero miners are currently missing out on the bonus of merged mining with a worldwide Monero hashrate of 31MH/s while the rest of the cryptonotes have about 3MH/s.

You can do solo. Solo is the best solution for the strong network. Next thing we will provide (hope this week) is XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner.
It is not a big deal to add some stratum software to upcoming XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner to connect dozens of servers and GPU rigs.
After that, we will add mm support in pools, but i really hope someone will do it for us.

I'm certainly enjoying the merged mining so far. Does anybody know if its possible to merge mine with more than two currencies? would be awesome if that was possible =)
gianni sperti

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:21:09 AM

Hello peeps,

I've got a problem with the latest version of graphical XDN wallet for OSx.

Everytime I try to open it doesn't.

My current OSx version is 10.12.1

I was suggested "logs". I'm not familiar with this kind of things.

What exactly I have to do to fix this problem?

Regards
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:50:24 AM

Hello peeps,

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Do you see an error message when you attempt to start the GUI?
gianni sperti

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:10:15 AM

Hello peeps,

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Hi Starmman,

I don't see any error.

Basically, when I click on XDN app, it says "loading blockchain" and after a few seconds the app disappears.

This started to happen after I downloaded the newest wallet.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:51:26 AM

Hello peeps,

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Hi Starmman,

I don't see any error.

Basically, when I click on XDN app, it says "loading blockchain" and after a few seconds the app disappears.

Check the log file - for Mac it should be found under
~/Library/Application Support/XDN/ or ~/Library/Application Support/DigitalNote/

or something similar (I don't run a XDN wallet, or a mac myself, so not 100% sure of the directory)

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory#Mac

The usual procedure when upgrading a wallet is to backup the wallet.dat file, and remove everything EXCEPT the wallet.dat from your folder - be very careful you keep a copy of the wallet.dat as you can lose all your coins if you lose or delete it.
gianni sperti

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 03:25:30 PM

Hello peeps,

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Hi Starmman,

I don't see any error.

~/Library/Application Support/XDN/ or ~/Library/Application Support/DigitalNote/

or something similar (I don't run a XDN wallet, or a mac myself, so not 100% sure of the directory)

The usual procedure when upgrading a wallet is to backup the wallet.dat file, and remove everything EXCEPT the wallet.dat from your folder - be very careful you keep a copy of the wallet.dat as you can lose all your coins if you lose or delete it.
It's not even present on~/Library/Application Support/DigitalNote/.

I tried on another mac that has never had XDN wallet on.

I went to the official website and downloaded the new wallet on my friend's mac and it appears the same problem. It crashes after a few seconds that you click on to open.

On this other mac too the XDN app is not present on library.

Considering that my mac was working fine with the previous XDN wallet... I now wonder if this is a case of not compatibility between the newest XDN wallet and and the latest macOS version?!
kkraus69

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:16:10 PM

Can someone explain me the cryptology behind wrong dates being used like "mid Summer 2015."
Apparently and HF occurred somewhere Nov 2016

Hardfork height is 317 950
https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnote/commit/7a321b7a85d41263f33c35c6c69d9a1256d677db

This commit was made "xdn-project committed Nov 8, 2016"

So why the thread is filled with 2015 date?

Huh
I see 898 instances of '2016' om that page and see 0 instances of '2015' on above page.
kkraus69

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:23:05 PM

Hello peeps,

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Hi Starmman,

I don't see any error.

I went to the official website and downloaded the new wallet on my friend's mac and it appears the same problem. It crashes after a few seconds that you click on to open.

Considering that my mac was working fine with the previous XDN wallet... I now wonder if this is a case of not compatibility between the newest XDN wallet and and the latest macOS version?!

You probably need to let the wallet finish syncing in the background. I have seen this happen with other cryptocurrencies as well when loading a new copy of the blockchain. It can take a day or two.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:30:43 PM

Can someone explain me the cryptology behind wrong dates being used like "mid Summer 2015."
Apparently and HF occurred somewhere Nov 2016

Hardfork height is 317 950
https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnote/commit/7a321b7a85d41263f33c35c6c69d9a1256d677db

This commit was made "xdn-project committed Nov 8, 2016"

So why the thread is filled with 2015 date?

Huh
I see 898 instances of '2016' om that page and see 0 instances of '2015' on above page.

I also took a look earlier and couldn't see a single reference to 2015 - maybe skironDotNet  can elaborate a bit more on what problem he is seeing.
gianni sperti

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:50:25 PM

Hello peeps,

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Hi Starmman,

I don't see any error.

You probably need to let the wallet finish syncing in the background. I have seen this happen with other cryptocurrencies as well when loading a new copy of the blockchain. It can take a day or two.
Well, I doubt that is the case.

I checked the activity monitor on my mac and when XDN wallet crashes, it disappear from AM too.

If you think that even if it crashes it keeps syncing in the background, well, with my mac the sync takes only a few hours, not a day or two.

Since I'm having this problem for a couple of weeks or so, I guess this is not the case.

I'll find some other solutions, though.

BTW what ShapeShift answered you concerning XDN?
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: