Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:39:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Going after Trendon Shavers, Pirateat40, BTCST  (Read 48467 times)
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:40:46 AM

You are much more likely to see a charge for running an unregistered security than a Ponzi (where a Ponzi by definition is an unregistered security).

The only problem is if regulators go after Pirate for offering unregistered securities (whether the Ponzi aspect comes into play or not), they would go after EVERYONE.  All the exchanges here, GLBSE, etc. are illegal, unregistered securities from a US regulator's perspective.  They all pass the Dewey Test.

So while Pirate may have scammed many and you can lay Ponzi/fraud charges on top, having this community pursue civil or criminal action is kind of like a group of drug dealers getting together and complaining about the one dealer who scammed them.

Exactly, I don't why people are acting so naive. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own investment decisions.
+9000

So, what you are saying is that only way to take this scammer down is by other means than legal action. Lets hope this happens soon.
Do not forget to post pictures for proof of capture etc.
He has to go down. FULL STOP.
You are putting words in my mouth, of course, like a true troll...

I am advocating for a radical change in direction, far far away from any of these so called "investments".

And whiners who lost money in the latest scam, should eat their losses, and accept that they too were conspirators of an obvious ponzi scheme.

This is all of course if they truly care about Bitcoin and would like to see it succeed.  

If people want to go on a virtual witch hunt, I honestly couldn't think of anything more detrimental to Bitcoin.

It will just prolong this entire incident, and cause even more pain and losses.

IF they don't care about Bitcoin, then I really am not interested in giving those type of people even one minute of my time.

No virtual witch - hunt !  A real world search for our lost son !

Cheers Zyk

P.S. judging is a process......watch HK´s resolve !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:59:58 AM

Your 20/20 hindsight is adding exactly 0 value to this thread. OMG, you must be trolling Smiley

And so is does your archaic call for violence. -0- Value in a modern society.

Which BTW would only keep this disgusting and vicious cycle going on for ever.

How the fuck do you guys think the planet got to the state of which it's in now in the first place?

You're seeing it with your very own eyes, and Bitcoin is essentially modeling everything that has happened in the "real world", at an incredibly fast pace.

If we are to change the planet, we must do it by being different, not by following the same old tired rituals of the past.

Instead of falling for the petty pits of deceit and evil, we must transcend as a community, and push for a much better future...

If not then what is the point of all this?
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:04:32 PM

I am advocating for a radical change in direction, far far away from any of these so called "investments".

And whiners who lost money in the latest scam, should eat their losses, and accept that they too were conspirators of an obvious ponzi scheme.

This is all of course if they truly care about Bitcoin and would like to see it succeed.  

If people want to go on a virtual witch hunt, I honestly couldn't think of anything more detrimental to Bitcoin.

IF they don't care about Bitcoin, then I really am not interested in giving those type of people even one minute of my time.

The reality is that people will do what they feel they need to do, whether you are talking about cash, gold or Bitcoins. Lives have been lost over gold and cash, yet it doesn't invalidate them. The Bitcoin "community" already extends far beyond this forum. You can't expect to control what people do and don't do with their coins, just like you can't tell people what to do with their gold and cash.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 12:06:51 PM

Your 20/20 hindsight is adding exactly 0 value to this thread. OMG, you must be trolling Smiley

How the fuck do you guys think the planet got to the state of which it's in now in the first place?

You're seeing it with your very own eyes, and Bitcoin is essentially modeling everything that has happened in the "real world", at an incredibly fast pace.

If we are to change the planet, we must do it by being different, not by following the same old tired rituals of the past.

Instead of falling for the petty pits of deceit and evil, we must transcend as a community, and push for a much better future...

I think the fact that Bitcoin is inspiring the same type of behavior as real money is a good sign that Bitcoin is replicating money...I would love for society to stop being evil, but, if Bitcoin didn't inspire things like theft, deceit, etc, would it be useful at all?

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:08:30 PM

You still have not added any value to this post. Nothing. Nada.
Can you go and thread crap something in Off-topic section? Let me help you to "fuck off" in right direction: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=9.0  

You see, I am a nice guy Smiley

Thank you for going away now

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

GPUMax is a money laundering operation. Havent people noticed the large amount of invites going out since pirate shut down ?

My bet he is laundering ill gotten gains and is content to sit it out for a couple of years paying miners BS&T coins and keeping newly minted coins in a different address. Its the only thing that explains it. The thing we can do as a community s boycott GPUMax if you really want to fuck with pirate.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:11:45 PM

The reality is that people will do what they feel they need to do, whether you are talking about cash, gold or Bitcoins. Lives have been lost over gold and cash, yet it doesn't invalidate them. The Bitcoin "community" already extends far beyond this forum. You can't expect to control what people do and don't do with their coins, just like you can't tell people what to do with their gold and cash.
You have a point.

So my simple question to the community (which is doing alot of soul searching right now) is...

Should this place (effectively ground zero in the Bitcoin world) be a literal BREEDING GROUND, for this kind of deplorable behavior?

Should honest businesses and individuals get hurt (like they are hurting right now) by the actions of a few greedy assholes, all because certain people want to have their "fun"?

That is what is happening right now.

SERIOUS PEOPLE IN THIS COMMUNITY ARE TAKING A SECOND LOOK AT BITCOIN, AND THIS TIME AROUND IT'S NOT A "GOOD LOOK". BE VERY CAREFUL BITCOIN COMMUNITY BECAUSE ONE THING IS VERY CLEAR YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!  

The very same system that you guys are fighting so hard to "take down" might be formulating right before your very eyes..
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:12:24 PM

Can you go and thread crap something in Off-topic section? Let me help you to "fuck off" in right direction: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=9.0  

You're an idiot.

/ignored

P.S Putting words in peoples mouths is consider trolling you dumb nub.
zyk

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:20:21 PM

GPUMax is a money laundering operation. Havent people noticed the large amount of invites going out since pirate shut down ?

My bet he is laundering ill gotten gains and is content to sit it out for a couple of years paying miners BS&T coins and keeping newly minted coins in a different address. Its the only thing that explains it. The thing we can do as a community s boycott GPUMax if you really want to fuck with pirate.

Awesome new point (at least for me) ----and the first for a while which really concerns : Re: Going after Trendon Shavers, Pirateat40, BTCST

Thanks Zyk
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:22:11 PM

To boycott just one Ponzi scheme, is to ignore the entire point of this story all together..
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:28:38 PM

To boycott just one Ponzi scheme, is to ignore the entire point of this story all together..

You need to start somewhere.

zyk

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:33:29 PM

You don´t weed out and establish a garden  ..... by whinig    Heulsuse !

Take your x - legs to get a hold on his accounting and then take  account of yourself  please.

Thanks Zyk
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:40:33 PM

You need to start somewhere.
My question is a valid question, and one that many people fail to even comprehend.

What we have is something that is worth much more than the risk of fostering these kinds of "businesses" in the #1 BTC community.

Why the fuck would we want to risk our trillion dollar coin, with small time money? *serious question*

Do you not see how ludicrous we sound when we tell serious people that this currency is supposed to be worth millions of dollars per unit, and then they come over here and see that the only functioning businesses are low-end ponzi schemes, and scam traps in every corner?

I must ask this question again to not only you but every single Bitcoiner reading this message post right now.

Do you not see how ludicrous it is for people to trust us when we can't even begin to trust ourselves?

Bitcoiners live in this paradigm reality, where Bitcoin has already been adopted around the entire world, and this forum only represents a "minority" of it's users, when in fact this forum IS BITCOIN, and most likely represents 80% of it's user-base. The good, the bad , and the ugly. This forum is IT, and incidences like BTCST only prove this theory further (notice how much money and people were involved). There is no outside "support system" holding Bitcoin together, it's only us against this dark and tangled planet we like to call Earth. The sooner we can all come to this honest but harsh reality, the sooner things will start to pick up and hopefully turn around before it's to late...
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:46:14 PM

Bitcoiners live in this Paradigm reality, where Bitcoin has already been adopted around the entire world, and this forum only represents a "minority" of it's users, when in fact this forum IS BITCOIN, and most likely represents 80% of it's user-base. The good, the bad , and the ugly. This forum is IT, and incidences like BTCST only prove this theory further (notice how much money and people were involved). There is no outside "support system" holding Bitcoin together, it's only us against this dark and tangled planet we like to call Earth. The sooner we can all come to this honest but harsh reality, the sooner things will start to pick up and hopefully turn around before it's to late...

well said !

zyk

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:57:30 PM

Bitcoiners live in this Paradigm reality, where Bitcoin has already been adopted around the entire world, and this forum only represents a "minority" of it's users, when in fact this forum IS BITCOIN, and most likely represents 80% of it's user-base. The good, the bad , and the ugly. This forum is IT, and incidences like BTCST only prove this theory further (notice how much money and people were involved). There is no outside "support system" holding Bitcoin together, it's only us against this dark and tangled planet we like to call Earth. The sooner we can all come to this honest but harsh reality, the sooner things will start to pick up and hopefully turn around before it's to late...

well said !

But completly off topic ! Please do thread for Utopias.......and let us take care of pirates accounting - don´t you see thats you , who are standing in the way

of your own visions and especially in the way to renew trust in this forum !!!

Thanks for your compliance

Zyk
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:59:34 PM

ZYK your not exactly the most honest person yourself.   Roll Eyes
zyk

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:12:33 PM

ZYK your not exactly the most honest person yourself.   Roll Eyes

Again off topic :

If you topic - destroyers ( trolls) want to contribute to a greater good, please find the members of this community ,

who still send their coins through GPUmax and convince them otherwise.

Success can be reported here !

@ursay if you want to get your head handed back to you....go in the thread which you opened for that : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=103037.0

Thanks Zyk
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:38:21 PM

ZYK your not exactly the most honest person yourself.   Roll Eyes

please find the members of this community ,

We can't..

Which is why we must speak up in every singular opportunity. You say that my posts are off topic, I say that they are right on the bulls eye! Everyone is missing the most obvious points, while relishing on what the next course of action will be.

Well I say that the next "course of action" for this particular incident (and all related incidences that have to do with ponzi schemes/gambling/bad business) take place far far away from the main meeting place where the general public/media/and businesses come to congregate.

Not everyone is as barbaric as some of the posters in this thread. We are absolutely SICK AND TIRED of all the nonsense, and the time has come for people who are tired of all the bad businesses, to stand up to these atrocities and RID the community of these parasites.

And to you Zyk, if you want to advocate violence against another human being, get the FUCK out of our community, because again, if you come in with that initial mindset, it tells me we don't need people as unstable as you here in the first place.
ObviousSock

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:53:46 PM

Personally I think FlipPro is adding more value than you bob.  Simply saying that pirate is an asshat FULL STOP and asking who is going to do something is not helping.

You lost money because you made a bad decision, FULL STOP.  So did I, and I can't blame pirate for my stupidity, and neither can you.

My BTC0.02.
zyk

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:55:47 PM

ZYK your not exactly the most honest person yourself.   Roll Eyes

please find the members of this community ,

We can't..

Which is why we must speak up in every singular opportunity. You say that my posts are off topic, I say that they are right on the bulls eye! Everyone is missing the most obvious points, while relishing on what the next course of action will be.

Well I say that the next "course of action" for this particular incident (and all related incidences that have to do with ponzi schemes/gambling/bad business) take place far far away from the main meeting place where the general public/media/and businesses come to congregate.

Not everyone is as barbaric as some of the posters in this thread. We are absolutely SICK AND TIRED of all the nonsense, and the time has come for people who are tired of all the bad businesses, to stand up to these atrocities and RID the community of these parasites.

And to you Zyk, if you want to advocate violence against another human being, get the FUCK out of our community, because again, if you come in with that initial mindset, it tells me we don't need people as unstable as you here in the first place.

Would you please show me one sentence, where I advocated violence?

What we really need are three more tags to make this community a better place:

1 for false accusations

2 for outright lies

3 for blindness and stupidity                            and may be one for zykloogish but that is there already --- just ignore Wink

Thanks Zyk

P.s, Why  can´t you try to find people using GPUmax? .....because you are too lazy even to verify what you are talking about let alone doing something???

If too lazy for that as well just go  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=103037.0 and you may get a little hold on Zyk´s character
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: