Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:34:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0  (Read 152996 times)
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:14:16 PM

Better to self moderate threads these days.. Trolls really have no life.

Like I've said before, Corporations are fine things and acceptable in a free market economy.  Corporatism though is bad and exactly the same as Communism.  Corporatism is one or more corporations effectively controlling the economy/state through monopolistic practices.  Communism is the state controlling the economy/corporations through monopolistic practices.  There is no difference between the two.  As Chairman Stanlin's dear friend Vladimir Lenin so accurately described communism as "nothing but state capitalist monopoly made to benefit the whole people."

Now the reason this applies to Bitshares is because of the way shareholders elect delegates.  Bitshares uses the notoriously flawed approval voting system which is known to be unsuitable for contested elections.  Approval voting is unsuitable because it is susceptible to strategic voting where a very small amount of the voters can collude together to drastically affect the outcome of the election in their favor.  Effectively, this means a very small amount of shareholders control the entire Bitshares economy/blockchain through monopolistic practices.  Sound familiar?

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:22:29 PM

Better to self moderate threads these days.. Trolls really have no life.

If you want to prove that you are not troll, at least make and post here your funny posters about BitShares 2.0, because it's dedicated thread for BitShares.  Smiley

PS: Please don't post here your old posters from other threads.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 04:48:18 AM

Here's this weeks global public meeting where Bytemaster answers a ton of live questions.
I hope some of you guys attended.
If not, see you next week!

RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 02:34:30 AM

Why not join forces with NXT and create a even better platform together instead of competing head on? Clearly nxt is leading on the 2.0 front. Why waste resources when you can work together.

Better not join NXT, all right? Bitshares' Dan Larimer seems a really decent and honest guy so better not mix him with the NXT scammers like the vaporware asset wizard jl777 (James).

I categorically deny any connection with NXT or jl777

Your welcome, you got that epic nickname for free of charge. You can make crypto-history with such nick name :-)) So why not updated it to crypto history maker vaporware asset wizard?

Yes, I'm monetizing my nick, "vaporware asset wizard",  I'll be issuing an asset later today. Dividends will follow asap

Shut up and my money!  Sir!

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:01:57 AM

If you haven't read about SmartCoins yet, check this out:

https://bitshares.org/technology/price-stable-cryptocurrencies/

BitShares 2.0 will have much stronger pegs because of the lessons learned with the current system.

But remember, 
Stable SmartCoins were just the first innovation that started us off on our quest.

BitShares has become much, much more than that.

As you will find out in our next equally big announcement!

Just a few days away...

Smiley
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:57:21 AM

BitShares 2.0 will have much stronger pegs because of the lessons learned with the current system.
I'm sure all the people who have lost money so you could learn these "lessons" will be thrilled.  I guess, maybe, Bitshares isn't...

BitShares. 
Safer than a Swiss Bank. 
(Ask me why!)

I'd ask if you really believed it was ethical to lead people to believe a system was "Safer than a Swiss Bank" when you yourself acknowledge that "lessons" are still being learned and state that you and Dan prefer all "testing" happen on the main chain, but I believe I have my answer from your intention of monetizing your testnet.  How's that going by the way?  Have you found any suckers yet?

But remember, 
Stable SmartCoins were just the first innovation that started us off on our quest.

Just a few days away...

Smiley
[/center]

The anticipation is killing me.  Pump much?

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Chew Kok

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:03:58 AM

Just for you DE... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhmUnk454MA  Grin

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:20:18 AM

I'm sure all the people who have lost money so you could learn these "lessons" will be thrilled.  I guess, maybe, Bitshares isn't...

BitShares. 
Safer than a Swiss Bank. 
(Ask me why!)

I'd ask if you really believed it was ethical to lead people to believe a system was "Safer than a Swiss Bank" when you yourself acknowledge that "lessons" are still being learned and state that you and Dan prefer all "testing" happen on the main chain, but I believe I have my answer from your intention of monetizing your testnet.  How's that going by the way?  Have you found any suckers yet?

But remember, 

Just a few days away...

Smiley
[/center]

The anticipation is killing me.  Pump much?
You ever work for a company that has a software team? You don't understand software development.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:38:14 AM

I'm sure all the people who have lost money so you could learn these "lessons" will be thrilled.  I guess, maybe, Bitshares isn't...

BitShares.  
Safer than a Swiss Bank.  
(Ask me why!)

I'd ask if you really believed it was ethical to lead people to believe a system was "Safer than a Swiss Bank" when you yourself acknowledge that "lessons" are still being learned and state that you and Dan prefer all "testing" happen on the main chain, but I believe I have my answer from your intention of monetizing your testnet.  How's that going by the way?  Have you found any suckers yet?

But remember,  

Just a few days away...

Smiley
[/center]

The anticipation is killing me.  Pump much?
You ever work for a company that has a software team? You don't understand software development.

Really?  That's the best excuse you guys can come up with?  Pathetic...

Let me tell you something... Regardless of me "understanding software development", which I DO, anybody with an ounce of ethics doesn't go around trying to convince people that something is "SAFER THAN A SWISS BANK" when in reality, they know there are issues still being worked out that will cost people money.  They also don't proceed to follow up their claim with "ASK ME WHY!"

The truth of the matter is anybody who truly understands what Bitshares is knows that the peg will never hold because without full convertibility you cannot have parity!  They will play this game until they bleed everyone dry.

testz
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:01:01 AM

The truth of the matter is anybody who truly understands what Bitshares is knows that the peg will never hold because without full convertibility you cannot have parity!  They will play this game until they bleed everyone dry.

Wow, you are not only software development expert, you're also economics expert, where we can read your other works?  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:24:13 AM

Thank you for bringing that up yet again!  It gives us the chance to tell other people about it.

When BitShares is fully mature, it will indeed be far safer than a Swiss Bank.
You'll know your money is really there and no one will be able to freeze or seize it.

Swiss banks used to be famous for their privacy and security.
Today, they will make your data available to any rogue government who asks.
And check out the new European banking laws since Cyprus proved they can get away with confiscating depositor funds.
"Bail-ins" are now the plan, not the outrageous exception.

We may one day actually use the Safer than a Swiss Bank slogan proposed on bitsharestalk.org when BitShares reaches full maturity.  But I appreciate it when someone mentions it early, because it reminds people of what we are trying to accomplish.

Smiley

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:25:26 PM

I'm sure all the people who have lost money so you could learn these "lessons" will be thrilled.  I guess, maybe, Bitshares isn't...

BitShares.  
Safer than a Swiss Bank.  
(Ask me why!)

I'd ask if you really believed it was ethical to lead people to believe a system was "Safer than a Swiss Bank" when you yourself acknowledge that "lessons" are still being learned and state that you and Dan prefer all "testing" happen on the main chain, but I believe I have my answer from your intention of monetizing your testnet.  How's that going by the way?  Have you found any suckers yet?

But remember,  

Just a few days away...

Smiley
[/center]

The anticipation is killing me.  Pump much?

Really?  That's the best excuse you guys can come up with?  Pathetic...

Let me tell you something... Regardless of me "understanding software development", which I DO, anybody with an ounce of ethics doesn't go around trying to convince people that something is "SAFER THAN A SWISS BANK" when in reality, they know there are issues still being worked out that will cost people money.  They also don't proceed to follow up their claim with "ASK ME WHY!"

There is no hidden agenda.. It's software and an attempt to do greater good that's all.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 08:54:44 PM

The truth of the matter is anybody who truly understands what Bitshares is knows that the peg will never hold because without full convertibility you cannot have parity!  They will play this game until they bleed everyone dry.

Wow, you are not only software development expert, you're also economics expert, where we can read your other works?  Smiley

I am a renaissance man.

Thank you for bringing that up yet again!  It gives us the chance to tell other people about it.

You're welcome!  I'm always here to help explain Bitsnares(TM) to any potential users.

When BitShares is fully mature, it will indeed be far safer than a Swiss Bank.
You'll know your money is really there and no one will be able to freeze or seize it.

Swiss banks used to be famous for their privacy and security.
Today, they will make your data available to any rogue government who asks.
And check out the new European banking laws since Cyprus proved they can get away with confiscating depositor funds.
"Bail-ins" are now the plan, not the outrageous exception.

This is my favorite retort when somebody questions if Bitsnares(TM) actually is "Safer than a Swiss Bank" is to respond just like you, "Well, actually, you know, Swiss Banks aren't as safe as they used to be."  I find this works even more effectively if the individual isn't very savvy and doesn't understand the difference between counterparty risk and systematic risk.

We may one day actually use the Safer than a Swiss Bank slogan proposed on bitsharestalk.org when BitShares reaches full maturity.  But I appreciate it when someone mentions it early, because it reminds people of what we are trying to accomplish.

Smiley

PROPOSED?

Being the "President and Chief Operating Officer", you certainly seem to be using this "proposed" slogan in an official capacity.  I could have sworn that I saw this "proposed" slogan on the front page of Bitshares.org too.  I'm not the only one either who remembers you using this "proposed" slogan.  The great Preston J Byrne who so eloquently explained Bitsnares also remembers.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 09:15:59 PM

Please show me the link.

We are a decentralized organization and anything could happen.

Smiley
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:56:17 AM

Please show me the link.

BitShares. 
Safer than a Swiss Bank. 
(Ask me why!)

We are a decentralized organization and anything could happen.

Smiley

Lol.  Good one.

I thought Bitshares(TM) address was:

BitShares
Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center
2020 Kraft Drive, Suite 3030
Blacksburg, VA 24060, USA

(Bottom of page)

I had a bad feeling about this "Bitshares 2.0" and it turns out after reading your forum I was right (again).  Anybody interested should read this thread, Wake Up Call: Bitshares 2.0 is NOT Bitshares.  It certainly seems like all your shareholders are being sold down the river so you can profit even more than you already have.  Let me see if I have this straight, you convinced all the Bitshares shareholders to fund you and now you're starting a for-profit company with the code.

Chew Kok

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:17:24 AM

For the first time, I actually agree with DE. Seriously? BTS investors pay for your salary, and then the product you guys create is proprietary? Say it isn't so Stan.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:28:22 AM

I'm going to be honest with you Stan... I'm having a hard time keeping up with all your scams.  It's like I'm still trying to warn people about one of your previous scams, but you're like five scams ahead of me.  You need to slow down so I can keep up or is the plan to roll 'em out so fast nobody knows what hits 'em?

puppies

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:33:43 AM

everyone keeps saying they are comminist type coin. can some one explain that or why it is not?

By 'everyone' I guess you mean DecentralizedEconomics.  He has some irrational hatred of Bitshares for some reason, maybe because its a competitor to NXT.  Personally I find it smarter to buy both NXT and Bitshares and hedge my bets.

Bitshares is like a corporate governance system, things are controlled by shareholder vote.  Who gets to produce blocks is decided by shareholder vote, parameters of the system are decided by shareholder vote, etc.  I don't see how a corporation could be considered 'communist'.  If corporation and communism mean the same thing to you, which they apparently do to DecentralizedEconomics, then you are using different word definitions than the rest of us.

Hatred? Yes ... Irrational? No ...

Like I've said before, Corporations are fine things and acceptable in a free market economy.  Corporatism though is bad and exactly the same as Communism.  Corporatism is one or more corporations effectively controlling the economy/state through monopolistic practices.  Communism is the state controlling the economy/corporations through monopolistic practices.  There is no difference between the two.  As Chairman Stanlin's dear friend Vladimir Lenin so accurately described communism as "nothing but state capitalist monopoly made to benefit the whole people."

Now the reason this applies to Bitshares is because of the way shareholders elect delegates.  Bitshares uses the notoriously flawed approval voting system which is known to be unsuitable for contested elections.  Approval voting is unsuitable because it is susceptible to strategic voting where a very small amount of the voters can collude together to drastically affect the outcome of the election in their favor.  Effectively, this means a very small amount of shareholders control the entire Bitshares economy/blockchain through monopolistic practices.  Sound familiar?

You do understand the difference betwen fascism and communism right?

Why are state imposed artificial limitations of liablity a good thing?  

In regards to the swiss bank thing, I bought bitgold when bitshares was at about a 90M market cap and held that long posiiton.  My investment in crypto quadrupled (valued in bitcoin)  Maybe not a swiss  bank, but out performing any other crypto out there.
testz
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:07:42 AM

I had a bad feeling about this "Bitshares 2.0" and it turns out after reading your forum I was right (again).  Anybody interested should read this thread, Wake Up Call: Bitshares 2.0 is NOT Bitshares.  It certainly seems like all your shareholders are being sold down the river so you can profit even more than you already have.  Let me see if I have this straight, you convinced all the Bitshares shareholders to fund you and now you're starting a for-profit company with the code.

Keep looking for these threads and one more time more you will see how smart and strong BitShares community is.
It seems that you're just jealous that BitShares has so strong community, and it seems you also get pleasure from the fact that to deal with this community.  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Chew Kok

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:32:02 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2015, 10:40:31 AM by Chew Kok

I had a bad feeling about this "Bitshares 2.0" and it turns out after reading your forum I was right (again).  Anybody interested should read this thread, Wake Up Call: Bitshares 2.0 is NOT Bitshares.  It certainly seems like all your shareholders are being sold down the river so you can profit even more than you already have.  Let me see if I have this straight, you convinced all the Bitshares shareholders to fund you and now you're starting a for-profit company with the code.

Keep looking for these threads and one more time more you will see how smart and strong BitShares community is.
It seems that you're just jealous that BitShares has so strong community, and it seems you also get pleasure from the fact that to deal with this community.  Smiley

testz, I have no problem with your devs wanting to be compensated for their work. Being a contractor, while serving as the core worker for the BTS platform makes perfect business sense. They have bills to pay so only a fuckin hypocrite would object. But didn't the funding to build the toolkit come from the investors? I thought the whole idea of DPoS was to give the shareholders a stake in whatever IP is derived from their investment? Why should Cryptonomix receive sole licensing fees?

You are right Testz. The BTS community are a group of bright individuals, so I really don't see them accepting this lying down without more clarification, especially if it's not in their best interest. Or maybe tomorrow this will all of been nothing but BS, and DE will have to find another boogeyman. (Wonder if DE is related to Joseph McCarthy)?

STAN... YOU HAVE SOME SPLAININ TO DO! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ43__Aul3o

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: