Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:23:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0  (Read 152986 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 06:21:29 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 06:32:28 AM by markm

Googling the string

Unable to checkout '028f9409247be6d3d09a157e8eb347a173afc599' in submodule path 'libraries/leveldb'

found more relevant results on github than in the forum, in the forum they only seemed to be talking about the bug as it affected a DAC building / playing thing, not how it affects the PTS repo.

The github bug reports seem to indicate trhat it is thought to have been fixed in bitshares itself

( https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1489 and https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1490 )

but there does not seem to be anything about it having been similarly fixed in the bitshares-PTS repo...

The fix seems to have been only 27 days ago so maybe who-ever does them is still in the process of running around putting it into all the affected repos or something like that.

Too bad as the whole bitshares thing is starting to sound like it might be interesting once it is actually buildable.

But since the PTS is kind of the foundation of the whole thing being repelled right at that initial start into the whole thing is kind of discouraging.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
delulo

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:25:20 AM

Googling the string

Unable to checkout '028f9409247be6d3d09a157e8eb347a173afc599' in submodule path 'libraries/leveldb'

found more relevant results on github than in the forum, in the forum they only seemed to be talking about the bug as it affected a DAC building / playing thing, not how it affects the PTS repo.

The github bug reports seem to indicate trhat it is thought to have been fixed in bitshares itself

( https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1489 and https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1490 )

but there does not seem to be anything about it having been similarly fixed in the bitshares-PTS repo...

The fix seems to have been only 27 days ago so maybe who-ever does them is still in the process of running around putting it into all the affected repos or something like that.

Too bad as the whole bitshares thing is starting to sound like it might be interesting once it is actually buildable.

But since the PTS is kind of the foundation of the whole thing being repelled right at that initial start into the whole thing is kind of discouraging.

-MarkM-

What do you want to build PTS for? You just need the PTS priv. keys and import them in the BTS wallet.
For such technical questions (I can't answer) I would go to the bitsharestalk forum where lots of techn. capable guys are that are eager to help...
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 10:35:38 AM

Bitshares PTS are a distinct separate asset from Bitshares; currently I see them at number 77 on coinmarketcap site.

My intention was to check how many of them I have between various wallets and from that decide whether to run around to all the derivative blockchains plugging in my keys or just continue to sit on the PTS for now.

Also, what do you use to export the PTS private keys preparatory to importing them?

Or do you not need bare keys to import, being able for example to just point at a wallet directly?

(In the past I have ended up using some script written by Gavin or someone to extract lists of private keys from wallets and maybe even also to construct a new wallet for the destination coin if the desintation coin didn't have an ability to process the lists of keys produced by the key-dumping script; but I figured once I have built PTS I will be able to look at its rpc calls and see if they will let me generate a list of privkeys...)

Also I want to know the various balances in the various wallets first before deciding which to import into which wallets of derivative DACs, like whether to combine them all or keep them separated etc.

First off of course if I find I hardly have any PTS at all then I likely will not bother moving ahead with all the importing stuff until after i have looked into other options such as direct purchase of whatever other DACs I might be interested in.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:24:21 AM

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:26:40 AM

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:31:53 AM

Bitshares 2.0 is looking good.

Although I still laugh at the allegation that Bitshares ever had a PR firm.  A PR firm would had grabbed the two Larimer brothers, wrapped them in duct tape and forbid them from posting anywhere.   Cheesy

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Bisha

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:36:49 PM

Also I want to know the various balances in the various wallets first before deciding which to import into which wallets of derivative DACs, like whether to combine them all or keep them separated etc.

http://www1.agsexplorer.com/ if you wish to know the balances you would have on each DAC according to your PTS holdings you can check it thee (dunno if that's what you're asking for). Just click on "Balance" and place your public keys, it should give you a list of shares on each DAC according to the amount of PTS/AGS tied to that address

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 02:24:18 PM

http://www1.agsexplorer.com/ if you wish to know the balances you would have on each DAC according to your PTS holdings you can check it thee (dunno if that's what you're asking for). Just click on "Balance" and place your public keys, it should give you a list of shares on each DAC according to the amount of PTS/AGS tied to that address

Great. And I get that list of public keys where? My plan had been to use the PTS program to find out what public and/or private keys I have on that blockchain...

-MarkM-

iHashFury

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:15:08 PM

Googling the string

-MarkM-

after this error run (linux):

Code:
rm libraries/leveldb -fr
cd libraries
git clone https://github.com/bitcoin/leveldb.git
cd ..
cmake .
make

and you should get the cli
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 03:22:39 PM

Awesome, it is building now. Thanks. CLI is all I use so is fine for me.

-MarkM-

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:20:00 AM

Awesome, it is building now. Thanks. CLI is all I use so is fine for me.

-MarkM-

Bitshares client has a pts priv key import tool built in to get your bts allocation.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 05:24:55 AM

Yup. First I have to convince PTS to dump me those privkeys. Its CLI mode might not be best for that unless it has built in less/more pager function, I think I might kill it and try oneshot commands with output piped to less or more to capture the help output. Smiley

Or maybe I will try to see if it can talk to its daemon-self like typicalcoind can (or could before the talker was broken out into a -cli program). I dunno yet how similar to bitcoin-based daemons it is.

Too tired to do it now, I guess its sleep first then start exploring my shiny new pts_client when I wake up...

-MarkM-

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:33:04 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 05:55:29 AM by sidhujag

Yup. First I have to convince PTS to dump me those privkeys. Its CLI mode might not be best for that unless it has built in less/more pager function, I think I might kill it and try oneshot commands with output piped to less or more to capture the help output. Smiley

Or maybe I will try to see if it can talk to its daemon-self like typicalcoind can (or could before the talker was broken out into a -cli program). I dunno yet how similar to bitcoin-based daemons it is.

Too tired to do it now, I guess its sleep first then start exploring my shiny new pts_client when I wake up...

-MarkM-

It's the normal dumpprivkey rpc command it's based off of bitcoind..

Wait you are building https://github.com/PTS-DPOS/PTS it seems which is the new pts and not the old bitshares pts you mined with. This one was forked from pts and share dropped based off of the snapshot of the old pts. You will need to find your old wallet.dat on your miners and get the priv key and import it into bitshares and this one will give you new pts which is trading. You should get 100x the old pts amount I believe in the new pts. Bitshares was 421x.

I had mined about 150 pts and it gave me over 45k bts which gave me incentive to get involved on developing for bitshares via a delegate voted in.. Similar to devcoin but voted instead using the blockchain.

You can checkout all of the voted in delegates here: https://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates

If you don't want to risk exporting keys you can simply point the wallet to the new pts client since it had multiple ways to rescan for snapshot coins. Either enter priv key or locate old pts wallet.

I believe all the dacs support the old keys im not sure if they support snapshots from the new dpos pts wallets. Really if you are importing to new pts all you are seeing is how many of the new pts you have but the keys of the new pts may not offer anything on other dacs Stan do you know if new dacs honor both old pts and new?
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:38:38 PM

Best way to get all BitShares Brains on a problem is to post a question on bitsharestalk.org

There's probably several people there who have dug into the fine points of this question...
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 02:50:29 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 03:27:12 PM by markm

I managed to use the wallet_import_bitcoin command to import my wallet.dat from the old protoshares into the shiny new pts_client.

It was complicated by the need to first create a wallet in the pts_client and create an account to import it into, which apparently requires inventing a lower-case account-name.

At first blush it does look like a nice number of units of the stuff so I guess it is time to go try to build a shiny new bts_client to import into...

-MarkM-

EDIT: And oh yeah Stan, it looks a nice enough number that maybe I will go sign up at your forum, being maybe now stakeholder enough it should be worth my time to do so. Smiley

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:28:12 PM

I managed to use the wallet_import_bitcoin command to import my wallet.dat from the old protoshares into the shiny new pts_client.

It was complicated by the need to first create a wallet in the pts_client and create an account to import it into, which apparently requires inventing a lower-case account-name.

At first blush it does look like a nice number of units of the stuff so I guess it is time to go try to build a shiny new bts_client to import into...

-MarkM-

Yea aliases are used instead of addresses. Yes you need an account to import into with a password.. It auto locks after some time for added security.

Cool you got it figured out.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 03:32:05 PM

A password? Oops. Gosh knows what it might have taken as my password in all of the stuff I typed that it kept rejecting for one reason or another.

It might turn out that once I exit pts_client I might not be able to get back into its wallet.

No big deal if so, I can just go through the import stuff again.

I am off to try to build bitshares itself now, which apparently should work out of the git repo as it looked like the bug I hit in bitshares PTS repo was already fixed in bitshares repo.

(And if not well I know how to work around it now.)

If you only end up with maybe four or so times as many bitshares as bitshares-PTS it looks like that will be maybe only about half as much value as your bitshares-PTS, since it looks like currently bitshares itself is priced at about a tenth the price per unit of bitshares-PTS.

I do remember giving a password for the wallet I created, just not for the account I created within that wallet.

-MarkM-

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:45:51 PM

Max Wright Video @ Decentral Vancouver

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:20:53 PM

A password? Oops. Gosh knows what it might have taken as my password in all of the stuff I typed that it kept rejecting for one reason or another.

It might turn out that once I exit pts_client I might not be able to get back into its wallet.

No big deal if so, I can just go through the import stuff again.

I am off to try to build bitshares itself now, which apparently should work out of the git repo as it looked like the bug I hit in bitshares PTS repo was already fixed in bitshares repo.

(And if not well I know how to work around it now.)

If you only end up with maybe four or so times as many bitshares as bitshares-PTS it looks like that will be maybe only about half as much value as your bitshares-PTS, since it looks like currently bitshares itself is priced at about a tenth the price per unit of bitshares-PTS.

I do remember giving a password for the wallet I created, just not for the account I created within that wallet.

-MarkM-

Yea i believe the pw is for the wallet.. and then you can create and control N accounts with that wallet... if you create and open another wallet it requires another password entry. Its basically like bitcoin locked wallets.. but ability to create multiple for different uses. If you register the account within the wallet, your alias is now discoverable on the network whereas it wasn't before. Now you can send/recv via your alias name and if you ever plan to run as a delegate you must register your account (in bitshares).. just a small fee that is burned (100 bts)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:36:25 PM

Hey Stan, I think at this point you guys might be able to use the line "Safer Than a Greek Bank Acccount" with out any controversy. Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: