Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 05:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0  (Read 152991 times)
Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:59:20 PM

interesting...amazed this coin doesn't get more volume....when will Bitshares 2.0 drop?
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3976
Merit: 1424

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:19:53 PM

interesting...amazed this coin doesn't get more volume....when will Bitshares 2.0 drop?

It already did.  Not sure if it can go down lower tho.  No one can really predict these things so be careful.  

Also, you might want to take a look at CannabisCoin.  Yeah been pushing it...  I like what they're trying to achieve. But they need a better team behind it though.  There's lots of potential in the crypto + Cannabis industry combination.  It's likely that both (industries) will be booming in the future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 03:45:24 PM

This is very interesting project...I have about 20k usd to invest I am thinking it may be a good idea now than later to invest?

If you're looking for an entry - now is the time in my opinion. price won't fall any lower, and will most likely rise with 2.0 which is sometime in the next 3-4 months

bitcart

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

www.bitcart.io

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 05:26:31 PM

Also, you might want to take a look at CannabisCoin.  Yeah been pushing it...  I like what they're trying to achieve. But they need a better team behind it though.  There's lots of potential in the crypto + Cannabis industry combination.  It's likely that both (industries) will be booming in the future.

What does it have that bitcoin doesn't? What would make it an attractive investment?

www.bitcart.io
Bitcart - spend bitcoins online and save!
Buy Amazon gift cards with bitcoin and save up to 20% off
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:28:55 PM

If you'd like a nice summary of *everything* that is going on in the BitShares ecosystem,
the latest (and last) NullStreet Journal just came out today.

Download - The Nullstreet Journal № 0.5

Newsletter on mailchimp

It took 50 pages contributed by a couple dozen authors to describe it all.

Over 2000 people have subscribed to it since this [ANN] thread started last month.

Here's an excerpt from the intro...

SAVING THE BEST FOR LAST

Get ready to be blown away. That’s right, you now hold in your hands a genuine copy
of the biggest, baddest BitShares community newsletter since the dawn of PTS. What
more proof do you need that BitShares continues to expand and thrive, despite this
brutal and bipolar crypto bear-market? Hmm, yes...bi-polar bear. Quite apropos.

Great Plato’s Ghost! What a summer! Around the world, economic central planning is
taking a nasty beating, and governments are working overtime to hold it all together.
On the ground, the people are tired of being cheated and lied to, and some have
even begun to recognize the wisdom in Albert Einstein’s quote, “We cannot solve our
problems with the same level of thinking that created them.” The dominos are starting
to fall, and people are being jolted awake by visions of naked emperors marching
across the river Rubicon. Curious, I wonder how many of them are secretly hoping
the emperors get washed away when the levee finally breaks.

The important question, mixed-metaphors aside, is how will BitShares fit into the
picture? Well, very soon you’ll have the tools to explore and discover the answer for
yourself. Consider shareholder approved project funding, highly sophisticated user
issued assets, collateralized bond markets, price-stable SmartCoins, and a first-ofits-kind
crypto referral program to lure in every free-thinking entrepreneur under the
earth’s golden Sun. This is only a partial list and so...come again? Did I hear you say
viral?

BitShares is gearing up to launch one of the most secure, robust and downright revolutionary
trading platforms the world has ever seen. This is an auspicious moment
in human history - our potential for greatness exquisitely balanced upon the double
edged sword of crisis-opportunity. Lucky for us, a whole community of leaders, pioneers
and visionaries are stepping up to the plate, and Cass and I are thrilled to offer
you yet another humble testament to their dedication. That said, we invite you to sit
back, relax, and enjoy this final edition of the BitShares community newsletter: The
NullStreet Journal.

Michael Paul Maloney
@CryptoPrometheus
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:30:59 PM

What does it have that bitcoin doesn't? What would make it an attractive investment?

Unlimited lifetime supply of free Kool-Aid

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Blazin8888

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:55:56 PM

If you'd like a nice summary of *everything* that is going on in the BitShares ecosystem,
the latest (and last) NullStreet Journal just came out today.

Download - The Nullstreet Journal № 0.5

Newsletter on mailchimp

It took 50 pages contributed by a couple dozen authors to describe it all.

Over 2000 people have subscribed to it since this [ANN] thread started last month.

Here's an excerpt from the intro...

SAVING THE BEST FOR LAST

Get ready to be blown away. That’s right, you now hold in your hands a genuine copy
of the biggest, baddest BitShares community newsletter since the dawn of PTS. What
more proof do you need that BitShares continues to expand and thrive, despite this
brutal and bipolar crypto bear-market? Hmm, yes...bi-polar bear. Quite apropos.

Great Plato’s Ghost! What a summer! Around the world, economic central planning is
taking a nasty beating, and governments are working overtime to hold it all together.
On the ground, the people are tired of being cheated and lied to, and some have
even begun to recognize the wisdom in Albert Einstein’s quote, “We cannot solve our
problems with the same level of thinking that created them.” The dominos are starting
to fall, and people are being jolted awake by visions of naked emperors marching
across the river Rubicon. Curious, I wonder how many of them are secretly hoping
the emperors get washed away when the levee finally breaks.

The important question, mixed-metaphors aside, is how will BitShares fit into the
picture? Well, very soon you’ll have the tools to explore and discover the answer for
yourself. Consider shareholder approved project funding, highly sophisticated user
issued assets, collateralized bond markets, price-stable SmartCoins, and a first-ofits-kind
crypto referral program to lure in every free-thinking entrepreneur under the
earth’s golden Sun. This is only a partial list and so...come again? Did I hear you say
viral?

BitShares is gearing up to launch one of the most secure, robust and downright revolutionary
trading platforms the world has ever seen. This is an auspicious moment
in human history - our potential for greatness exquisitely balanced upon the double
edged sword of crisis-opportunity. Lucky for us, a whole community of leaders, pioneers
and visionaries are stepping up to the plate, and Cass and I are thrilled to offer
you yet another humble testament to their dedication. That said, we invite you to sit
back, relax, and enjoy this final edition of the BitShares community newsletter: The
NullStreet Journal.

Michael Paul Maloney
@CryptoPrometheus

Beautiful exactly what I was looking for. Looking forward to reading all of this over a nice smoke. Thank you.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 12:36:09 AM

*** THIS IS A RAW RECORDING – THE EDITED VERSION WILL BE UPLOADED LATER ***

On today’s Beyond Bitcoin BitShares Dev Hangout bytemaster discusses blind transfers, stealth transactions, confidential transactions, stealth confidential transactions, stealth sharedrops, privacy, transactions per second, merchant interfaces, testnets, NullStreet Journal, DPOS Hub and Brownie.PTS.

Transcript Sample

[00:01:43] bytemaster: So many things have happened in the past week I have a hard time keeping up. I would say the most significant update is support for blind transfers or stealth confidential transactions. it has been tested and is passing and is integrated in the master branch of Graphene.

[00:02:16] fuzzy: so this is what we’ve been talking about in terms of being able to transfer privately?

[00:02:23] bytemaster: Yes, without any link between accounts or amount. We are still working on the wallet features for that, but that should be done by the end of today, at the command line wallet level. it won’t be available in the web wallet for some time, because that requires javascript implementation of the blind signing algorithms and that’s a lot of work and we have a lot of other things to do first.

[00:03:24] fuzzy: Is this the basic functionality? Will this be in the first release of BitShares 2.0?

[00:03:36] bytemaster: You will be able to do blind to transfers on the first release, if you have a full wallet on your computer, you can do it from the command line.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:42:12 PM

You are invited to attend Bytemaster's weekly global press conference and ask your own live questions...

Every Friday at 10am Eastern Daylight Time

This Hangout is w/ Bytemaster of Cryptonomex

Please ask questions Here.  

Follow the twitter: @Beyond_Bitcoin
Retweet This Week's Hangout [ANN]!

Or better yet--Join us!  For updates on upcoming events, attend, record and report live from our Mumble Server!
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:58:14 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 05:18:54 PM by StanLarimer

Sad to report one of our favorite BitShares-to-precious-metals off-ramps, cryptosmith.info has apparently gone over to the dark side...

WARNING
THE OWNER OF CRYPTOSMITH.INFO HAS DISAPPEARED
AND WE ARE UNABLE TO CONTACT HIM.  
I RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE AT THIS TIME.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1107

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:49:59 AM

Sad to report one of our favorite BitShares-to-precious-medals off-ramps...

Precious medals? You guys selling first place medals to all Bitshares participants?

WARNING. Bitshares price is in the shitter. I recommend you do not use this service until at least the first round of Ethereum pump and dump has completed.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:49:36 AM

Sad to report one of our favorite BitShares-to-precious-medals off-ramps...

Precious medals? You guys selling first place medals to all Bitshares participants?

WARNING. Bitshares price is in the shitter. I recommend you do not use this service until at least the first round of Ethereum pump and dump has completed.
Lol metals and Ive put in maint mode for now until someone qualified can resume business.. Previous owner had real life tragedy and is unable to continue..
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:25:10 AM

beyondbitcoin.org
The transcripts are a boon for me as I never had time to sit and listen to the whole thing.

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 12:43:24 PM

beyondbitcoin.org
The transcripts are a boon for me as I never had time to sit and listen to the whole thing.

Yep, really appreciate the extra work for transcripts. I like to listen, but time is always a factor Smiley

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:57:01 PM

Wow, you guys are ahead of my announcement that this week's transcripts are now available!

Bytemaster's Weekly Global Press Conference Transcript

Sample:

July 31, 2015

Bytemaster talks Ethereum, BitShares, the crypto landscape and where they will likely end up. Project updates are not talked about other than to say that the GitHub repository can show the work done in the past week – and bytemaster is now learning to code the front end. Plenty more inside everyone. Sit down with the beyond bitcoin community and stay awhile.

Transcript Summary

[00:00:00] bytemaster: There is only one difference, and I’d say this summarizes the difference between Ethereum and BitShares, and that is you have to have stakeholder approval to enable your smart contract in BitShares, whereas [with] Ethereum you can do any contract you want at any time without asking anyone’s permission.

[00:00:22] bytemaster: So the analogy I have thrown around is, BitShares is like the Apple app store where we add new features to it over time, but they’re all curated and of a relatively high quality. And Ethereum is the Android app store where high quality and low quality exist at the same time, but all kinds of variations of things out there.

[00:02:01] fuzzy: Introduction.

[00:02:32] bytemaster: First of all I’d like to apologize for not getting the testnet out this week. We had several of our guys out sick Monday & Tuesday, and that kind of set us back. But all of the blockchain level things that were preventing us from launching a testnet have been resolved. We will be launching a testnet, I’ve said this every week for the past few weeks but this time I mean it, that will allow Witnesses to get on board.

[00:03:09] bytemaster: Xeroc has been publishing How-To’s to walk Witnesses through the process of importing their stake and getting voted in and starting producing blocks. Now that we have instructions available we can start doing test at that level. So this will be a testnet for Witnesses only. This will not be a testnet for regular users because the web interface is still not at a level that I’m comfortable with the public testing.

[00:03:52] bytemaster: A lot of people have said that I needed to stop focusing on the back-end and start focusing on the front-end. This week I decided to dig into ReactJS and start learning how all of the web interface stuff works and that’s been very productive. So I am now working full time, more or less, on the web interface and making sure that all of that works well with the back-end.

[00:04:26] bytemaster: This has been relatively productive because I know both sides and [it enables me to] fix things and/or improve things to make front-end development easier. That’s what I’m doing and the other guys are preparing for the testnet. ...

Read the rest here...
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:00:03 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 01:14:49 PM by StanLarimer

For those that never tried to compile the most recent version on their own and run a private testnet with the new UI, I can tell you this:

* it's EXTREMELY fast and responsive
* it looks awesome
* usability is A LOT better

I am confident and eagerly awaiting the real thing to launch so that I can use the DEX ...

I second that.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:58:53 PM

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:23:24 PM

Bitshares features are outstanding. I like how BitAssets work. They're pegged to the value of fiat currencies such as USD and CNY. Recently, I bought 30 Bitshares (BTS) but I'm planning to buy more. They're really cheap now.  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 04:01:15 PM

http://blog.smartcoin.pw/2015/08/sneak-peak-graphene-test.html

you can now test the very alpha (first) graphene interface. Looks pretty good in my opinion!

Bisha

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:48:21 PM

http://blog.smartcoin.pw/2015/08/sneak-peak-graphene-test.html

you can now test the very alpha (first) graphene interface. Looks pretty good in my opinion!

Uhuh surprise, surprise  Shocked

https://graphene.bitshares.org/

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: