Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:39:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0  (Read 152989 times)
gaba

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:20:49 AM

So you are whining not because you didn't get sharedropped on, but because someone else got more than you?  I really am trying to understand.  There have been numerous sharedrops on top of BTS, and there are more coming.  As a bts holder you will receive your part of that sharedrop.  Why are you upset that someone else will receive more than you? 

Envy is disgusting.  Rather than attempting to improve your own attractiveness as a sharedrop target you are complaining that someone else is getting more than you.  Hmm.  I wonder if there is a good reason for that.

I still did't received all my BTS because I invested after 28/2. Envy is disgusting? What about clear fraud. Obviously you are new investor. You will learn. Just buy more BTS. Good luck.

LWWE6dtTUXuaq36KTCne5XqMQHfhfwpadC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puppies

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:32:27 AM

So you are whining not because you didn't get sharedropped on, but because someone else got more than you?  I really am trying to understand.  There have been numerous sharedrops on top of BTS, and there are more coming.  As a bts holder you will receive your part of that sharedrop.  Why are you upset that someone else will receive more than you? 

Envy is disgusting.  Rather than attempting to improve your own attractiveness as a sharedrop target you are complaining that someone else is getting more than you.  Hmm.  I wonder if there is a good reason for that.

I still did't received all my BTS because I invested after 28/2. Envy is disgusting? What about clear fraud. Obviously you are new investor. You will learn. Just buy more BTS. Good luck.
I donated to ags after 2-28 as well.  I am also not happy with the current price.  The difference is that rather than complaining I am trying to make things better and ensure that 2.0 lives up to its potential.  I donated with full knowledge that the btsx snapshot had already been taken.  Im sure you did as well.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 11:38:52 AM

I donated to ags after 2-28 as well.  I am also not happy with the current price.  The difference is that rather than complaining I am trying to make things better and ensure that 2.0 lives up to its potential.  I donated with full knowledge that the btsx snapshot had already been taken.  Im sure you did as well.

I see you're busy feeding the trolls. It's much easier to hit the ignore button here and use your time for people that actually care, trust me Smiley

gaba

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:49:24 AM

I donated to ags after 2-28 as well.  I am also not happy with the current price.  The difference is that rather than complaining I am trying to make things better and ensure that 2.0 lives up to its potential.  I donated with full knowledge that the btsx snapshot had already been taken.  Im sure you did as well.

I did't wont BTSX. My intention was to became part of all that 'wonderful" future DACs which Stan and Dan promise to their investors. Now I need to wait 2 years for BTS dust.

gaba

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:53:44 AM

I see you're busy feeding the trolls. It's much easier to hit the ignore button here and use your time for people that actually care, trust me Smiley

Troll  is a new name for BTS investors. Thank you. How many AGS shares you own? We can compare our investment in BTS then Stan can decide who is  troll here.

Scamlarimer

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 02:33:28 PM

Troll  is a new name for BTS investors. Thank you. How many AGS shares you own? We can compare our investment in BTS then Stan can decide who is  troll here.

I'm not sure why you are complaining. I've gotten rich from all of this. Maybe you need some brownies?
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:51:06 PM

I did't wont BTSX. My intention was to became part of all that 'wonderful" future DACs which Stan and Dan promise to their investors. Now I need to wait 2 years for BTS dust.

I find it really funny that the 2 year vesting period is going to protect this stupid troll from his own stupidness.
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:23:57 PM

“Therefore, rejoice, heaven and you who live there!
But woe to you, land and sea, for the adversary has come down to you,
and he is very angry, because he knows that his time is short!”

Must be tough to be a troll knowing that you have so little time left before 2.0 appears.

I notice trolls are coming out of the woodwork in these last days like insects from a burning log.

Smiley

Scamlarimer

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:41:27 PM

I find it really funny that the 2 year vesting period is going to protect this stupid troll from his own stupidness.

Agreed. Folks things are going to start getting really interesting once BTSX 3.0 comes out. We plan to have all of the bugs worked out. Things are going to be faster then ever. We will have so many Dacs you can slap your mother with them. UnderByteMaster even made a blog about it to explain everything.

BTSX 3.0 is like a box of chocolates.......
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 06:58:23 PM

Must be tough to be a troll knowing that you have so little time left before 2.0 appears.

I notice trolls are coming out of the woodwork in these last days like insects from a burning log.

Smiley

Mr centralized has scooped to new lows by creating himself a bitshares troll account.. You must be doing something right
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:18:17 PM

Smiley

Stan, you shouldn't really start tarring every dissenting voice with the troll brush. I know its tough to post here with DE's inane ramblings (who probably should try and prop up his beloved coin), but there are a lot of 'investors' who are aggrieved because of one reason or the other.

The testnet was working decently enough and I see that BM has now shifted to 5 sec blocks which to me is a positive step. While '1 sec blocks' makes for a nice slogan, I wonder how necessary it is. 10 seconds was good enough for me and 5 sec should do the job. I would rather that BM makes a small blockchain which I can download and run a full node rather than rely in a light wallet.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:11:42 PM

Smiley

Stan, you shouldn't really start tarring every dissenting voice with the troll brush. I know its tough to post here with DE's inane ramblings (who probably should try and prop up his beloved coin), but there are a lot of 'investors' who are aggrieved because of one reason or the other.

The testnet was working decently enough and I see that BM has now shifted to 5 sec blocks which to me is a positive step. While '1 sec blocks' makes for a nice slogan, I wonder how necessary it is. 10 seconds was good enough for me and 5 sec should do the job. I would rather that BM makes a small blockchain which I can download and run a full node rather than rely in a light wallet.

Agreed.  I welcome dissenting voices who can explain their dissent coherently like an adult.

The plan is to cut block times gradually for the reasons you stated - from 10s to 5s to 3s to 1s as the code matures.

But once you've used it at 1s its pretty addicting. 

As for the stand-alone wallet, that's coming too.  But we want to lower the barriers for incoming newbies in the referral pipelines, so web wallets are a key new user on-ramp strategy.

slap

Activity: 564
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:19:00 AM

Noob question, sorry.
Having lots of BTS at polo, I wonder if I have to do something before the 2.0?
I don't have a wallet, just purchased on the polo exchange.

Will it migrate automatically? Do I need to install a local wallet and withdraw, or can I just let them at polo without worries?
TIA
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 07:21:47 AM

Noob question, sorry.
Having lots of BTS at polo, I wonder if I have to do something before the 2.0?
I don't have a wallet, just purchased on the polo exchange.

Will it migrate automatically? Do I need to install a local wallet and withdraw, or can I just let them at polo without worries?
TIA

don't. it's too risky to keep coins with a 3rd party exchange.

how I would do it:

go to wallet.bitshares.org
open an account, make sure to keep backup of your seed words
register an account with the blockchain
go to advanced > download backup (keep it safe!)
send your bitshares to your bts account

importing is very easy, tested it already in the testnet and with my webwallet backup.

slap

Activity: 564
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:03:31 AM

Thanks so much for the advice.

A webwallet, isnt that a 3th party as well?
Having used coinpunk webwallet for some dust btc, I know how easy it is to dont have access to your coins anymore...

Back OT, I will look in to your advice, but still got the former question regarding polo and 2.0 migration.
I might get some of my BTS in a wallet, but still want to trade a bit now and then.
Any thought would be muchly appreciated.
tat123

Activity: 261

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:38:42 AM

Having used coinpunk webwallet for some dust btc, I know how easy it is to dont have access to your coins anymore...

Back OT, I will look in to your advice, but still got the former question regarding polo and 2.0 migration.
I might get some of my BTS in a wallet, but still want to trade a bit now and then.

Polo will upgrade it's wallet, you are safe to keep them there during the migration.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:46:46 AM

it's a 3rd party indeed. however, you hold your private keys. so it's only temporary, until you migrate to 2.0

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:53:31 AM

I have a concern regarding my current BTS wallet. So far, I have Bitshares stored on my paper wallet (with both public and private keys) Will I be able to transfer those BTS to the new Bitshares 2.0 using my private key? Please help. I'm so confused  Huh

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:16:48 PM

I have a concern regarding my current BTS wallet. So far, I have Bitshares stored on my paper wallet (with both public and private keys) Will I be able to transfer those BTS to the new Bitshares 2.0 using my private key? Please help. I'm so confused  Huh

Thanks for asking. 

The place to get answers on best practices is on the bitsharestalk.org forum where all the experts hang out.
People there love to help with questions.

Smiley
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:30:23 PM

yes ofcourse
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: