Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:50:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0  (Read 152996 times)
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 04:27:22 PM

Some news for this rise?

mh, there's the blockpay ico (http://favs.pw/blockpay-ico-started-get-10-blockpay-free-use-promo-favspw/) and peerplays sharedrop coming up

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:43:20 PM

Taking crypto mainstream.

https://blockpay.ch/newsroom/investor-relations/
deadliftbrah

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 04:19:37 PM

Just checking bitshares out - worth buying or just go straight into blockpay?
Sjacmur

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 04:41:28 PM

no any news last days ?
Zz
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:15:24 AM

My buys are: 930 - 850 sat/BTS

I will sell all at 1200-1300.

attention buy orders
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:55:41 PM

This thread seems pretty quiet, is there another Thread?

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
revelacaogr
Legendary

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:33:38 PM

BitShares Munich Launches Successful 13-Day Pre-ICO

http://thedashtimes.com/2016/09/18/bitshares-munich-launches-successful-13-day-pre-ico/

luxuryvilla

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:42:27 PM

BTS Munich develops blockpay? No wonder they funded 1k btc in 13 days, Chinese whales bought a lot of  blockpay

revelacaogr
Legendary

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 01:06:42 PM

BTSR Latest news. Investing in Blockchain Advertising Network made possible

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1596912.new#new

DragoStefan

Activity: 230

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 12:44:29 AM

I have a problem can someone please help me..
I reinstalled windows and I made no backup for my account on openledger, but i still have the google folder in appdata can someone tell me if i can recover my account with this???
Thanks!
FNetV1

Activity: 129

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 07:27:40 AM

I have a problem can someone please help me..
I reinstalled windows and I made no backup for my account on openledger, but i still have the google folder in appdata can someone tell me if i can recover my account with this???
Thanks!

I will be more than happy to help you.

This is what you will need to do, or in other words that I would do if this scenario actually were to happen to me:

Scenario A: You reinstalled Windows, but did not reformatted the hard drive (pretty much the default Windows installation behavior for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10).  What the windows installer does is that it moves the following directories:

C:\Windows\*.*
C:\Users\*.*
C:\Program Files\*.*
C:\Program Files (x86)\*.* (only if you are running a x64 Bit CPU architecture which most likely you are AND are using a 64 BIT version of Windows)
C:\ProgramData\*.*

To:
C:\Windows.old
So, all those directories I mentioned above gets moved into C:\Windows.old so what you will do in this Scenario is simply access your data from your old user profile which is located at:
c:\Windows.old\users\YourOldUserNameDirectory

I dont have Bitshares installed on my computer nor have ever tried Bitshares before so I dont have a clear idea what is Bitshare's directory structure, but assuming that its the same as many other Altcoins such as Litecoin, Infinitecoin, etc where it follows the same directory structure format except having different names, then here is where you will go to retrieve your wallet file/data:
C:\Windows.old\users\YourOldUserProfileDirectory\AppData\Roaming\Bitshares\

If bitshares follows the same format as most of these other altcoins, then you should have a Wallet.Dat inside this folder, that's all the data you should need to simply copy it and paste it onto your new Bitshare's installation point after renaiming the new Wallet.dat to wallet[backup].dat for safe keeps.

IF Bitshares does not follow the same format as most of these altcoins and you cant find a "Wallet.Dat", then the wallet is name differently and could be located in a different location such as in the case of Ethereum and using Mist, where you will find a Mist directory inside the Roaming directory but the wallet is not there or the blockchain, instead its in a directory called Ethereum and the wallet is called something like "keychain" or something like that, but it would suffice just copying over the entire Ethereum directory from the old location to the new location to have a successful move of the existing account onto a new Windows operating environment, the same can be true for Bitshare, just scan:
\AppData\Roaming\*.* AND
\AppData\Local\*.* for any directory that could be part of BitShare or any directory that has the words *BitShares* in any way and copy these and paste them in the same exact directory on your new windows operating environment which would be located at:

C:\Users\YourCurrentUserName\AppData\Roaming and (if applicable):
C:\Users\YourCurrentUserName\AppData\Local

So, in short, you will be moving data from:
C:\Windows.old\Users\YourOldUserProfileDirectory\AppData\Roaming (and if applicable):
C:\Windows.old\Users\YourOldUserProfileDirectory\AppData\Local
To
C:\Users\YourCurrentUserName\AppData\Roaming (and if applicable):
C:\Users\YourCurrentUserName\AppData\Local

Then you will install the Bitshare program, Bitshare should see these existing directories on the places where it expects to see them (Roaming and if applicable Local) and should work on whichever account is on these or this directory(ies) meaning that you should have access to your bitshare wallet again.

SCENARIO B: You formatted the hard drive while you were re-installing Windows which mean that there is no C:\Windows.old folder to save your day or you did not formatted but manually deleted the C:\Windows.old in order to either free up disk space or because you were annoyed seeing that extra folder there that you though you didn't need anymore (which is true, except for the very small detail that you need access to your crypto wallet that resided there that you failed to backup):

In this scenario, I would use a very good data recovery utility, currently the data recovery utility that I use is called Active File Recovery, unfortunately its not freeware, but it doesn't cost too much.  The version you would need is called Active File Recovery STANDARD which has a cost of $29.99 and can be found here: http://www.file-recovery.com/order.htm
This is the cheapest version and does the job fully for what you need it, to recover deleted files.

You will run Active File Recovery in your computer, you will perform a Deep Scan (or surface scan) of your entire volume and let it wait, once it finishes you can save the scan results so that you can get back to the scan results and your virtual drive without having to re-perform the deep scan again..

After the deep or surface scan has been completed you will see on the left panel a virtual representation of your old directory structures for your previous partition volumes organized in qualities such as Excellent, Good, Fair, Bad, and Poor, typically the ones labeled Excellent or Good from the top most are going to contain your deleted files from the most recent partition you were working from, you will click on the very first one, typically labeled as Excellent and then its going to perform a Quick Scan of that virtual volume to read all of its directory and file structure and its going to display a directory tree in the center of the program allowing you to navigate to the folder where you with to recover the lost directory or file(s) and when it comes time to perform a recovery you will right click onto the folder or file and select recover, the program is going to ask you where to store the recovered file and select a different drive such as a USB thumb drive, try not to recover the file onto the same drive as there is a risk you could over write the file you want to recover rendering them corrupted.

Talking about over writing files, the longer you wait to decide to perform this recovery, the greater are the chances that you will over write that one file or folder you wish to recover.  Windows does not really "delete" as in "gone" files when you format or erase a file from your hard drive, all it does is give it a special mark so that Windows explorer can know that the space these files were occupying can be made available to new files, so as long as new files did not write anything to these sectors, then your old files aren't really "gone" or in other words over written.  So, I would completely stop the downloading of things, video streaming, and the installation of new programs until I get the chance to recover the deleted file(s) or folders to better increase the chances of getting a successful recovery of non corrupted file(s).

Well anyways, chances are that all what you did was re-install Windows without doing a "format", in which case you will not need to buy this data recovery software and you have your C:\Windows.old directory still present where you can simply go to c:\windows.old\Users\*.* to get your files back and thus retrieve back your wallet.

Good luck in getting your money back and this time make sure to perform your backup to multi sources (minimum of two usb thumb drives along with your working computer)

~~Ad Space Available!  PM: FNetV1 with your offers~~
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 12:42:48 PM

566 sat, I believe in you.

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 01:00:12 PM

not a big surprise with a rising bitcoin

bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 10:49:30 AM

not a big surprise with a rising bitcoin

600 sat now

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
yaooke

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Vincit qui se vincit.

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 07:53:38 PM

SECURITY ALERT - Do not use our android smartcoins wallet, bitshares wallet, or blockpay right now.

https://twitter.com/bitshares/status/794980746016522240

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 10:13:30 AM

SECURITY ALERT - Do not use our android smartcoins wallet, bitshares wallet, or blockpay right now.

https://twitter.com/bitshares/status/794980746016522240

note: only the native android apps. webwallets like openledger are NOT affected

start the art

Activity: 395
Merit: 408

Bitcoin OG artworks collection

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2016, 03:35:34 PM

just download bitshares 2.0 wallet
in order to receive bts only account name is enough

but,i wanted to withdraw my bts from poloniex,and poloniex need bts address and memo

where is my bts address and memo?

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2016, 03:36:59 PM

but,i wanted to withdraw my bts from poloniex,and poloniex need bts address and memo

no, you never need a memo to withdraw from polo. only if you want to send them bitshares it's required.

bts adr is your account

start the art

Activity: 395
Merit: 408

Bitcoin OG artworks collection

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2016, 09:08:42 PM

no, you never need a memo to withdraw from polo. only if you want to send them bitshares it's required.

bts adr is your account

ok,works fine!
must admit,nice designed wallet ,looks awsome

revelacaogr
Legendary

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 07:01:00 PM

Everything a Startup Could Need to Run a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign

https://steemit.com/amazing/@bloggersclub/everything-a-startup-could-need-to-run-a-successful-crowdfunding-campaign
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: