Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:31:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450409 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 05:21:25 AM

Our best friends in the fight against gun control, are anti-gun Democrats.

If you make this thing about Dems and Repubs, you'll lose for sure.  (Probably will anyway, but...)

Firstly, there are a ton of pro-2nd amendment folks who are registered Dems and beyond that, are fairly liberal on many issues.

Secondly, it's the so-called 'Republicans' who are even more effective in destroying the 2nd amendment albeit less vocal and more deceitful (on this issue.)  In particular Donald Trump.  Disarming Americans is  a key issue for his entire support base (Zionists.)  Other key issues include fostering destabilizing immigration, getting all Americans tagged and vaccinated, getting 5G rolled out across the country, getting key 'change agents' on a junket to the promised land to get some 'training', etc.

Of course Trump's directors will set the stage that Trump is fighting the good fight against all this stuff.  This is laughably absurd with just a cursory analysis of what programs cease and which accelerate forward.  It doesn't matter, though, because Trump's groupies tend not to be prone to doing their own observations and analysis and will eat up any bullshit served up for them and ask for seconds.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 03:31:46 AM

Here is something very important to think about. Gun control government people are constantly trying to stop the spread of guns and ammo, and even take guns away. The more they try, the more guns spread. But...

Why are they so adamant in taking guns away? They know that it spreads guns to more people. So, why don't they just stop, and let people gradually think that they are safe without guns? This way they would get most of the gun control they are looking for.

Do you think that maybe GC people want simple guns to spread, so that gun people become lulled into a false sense of security? Maybe they want guns to spread so that people will all kill each other off if there is a civil war. GC people seem to be in a hurry to provoke gun people.

GC people can't be that stupid. What are they really leading us into?

Virginia's Largest City Just Defied Democrats and Became 2nd Amendment Sanctuary

The largest city in Virginia just voted to become a pro-Second Amendment city in defiance of gun grabbing Democrats in the state capital.

The vote in favor of constitutional rights came after a three-hour debate where hundreds of 2-A supporters came out to advocate for the U.S. Constitution and against the Democrat's plan to gut the Second Amendment by fiat.

On Monday evening, Virginia Beach joined most of the state's county and city governments in protesting the state Democrat Party's intentions to pass tough anti-gun laws in the upcoming session of the state legislature.

The meeting drew so many residents that hundreds had to stand outside and watch the proceedings on a projected TV screen.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 04:49:18 AM

Its been better to have a gun control in every country so that some people stop for there non sense doing like they are going to be strong person because they have a gun. Some people are thinking that they very strong person because they holding a gun so some are afraid to them. So much better that have gun control to avoid killing without knowing
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 06:54:03 AM

Its been better to have a gun control in every country so that some people stop for there non sense doing like they are going to be strong person because they have a gun. Some people are thinking that they very strong person because they holding a gun so some are afraid to them. So much better that have gun control to avoid killing without knowing

Here is gun control.

Everyday citizens are people. Government people are people. Military people are people. Police are people. Let gun control work for all of them.

When there is a terrorist among everyday citizens, police don't get there fast enough. Everyday citizens need guns to put the terrorist down before he hurts any more people.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 02:34:52 PM

If you have a handgun or rifle or whatever and even if you did not buy it for killing someone, you can never know what you gonna do in a case that you are get in to histerics or when you have a nervous breakdown. Having gun may push you to shoot someone when there is legal solitions instead.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 02:49:00 PM

If you have a handgun or rifle or whatever and even if you did not buy it for killing someone, you can never know what you gonna do in a case that you are get in to histerics or when you have a nervous breakdown. Having gun may push you to shoot someone when there is legal solitions instead.

The same argument works even better for not owning a car.

I've had 'road rage' a couple of times and have done risky moves to keep someone from doing a dick-head illegal pass on me or to demonstrate my dis-satisfaction at being held up for miles by three slow drivers driving side-by-side on the freeway.  I've never even come close to such a thing with my guns.  In fact I've specifically and deliberately left my guns locked up when I go out to confront someone on the county road which runs through my property.

At the end of the day, automobiles pack vastly more energy and it is vastly easier to deploy that energy against another human being by accident or on purpose than is the case with a firearm.

---

(Actually the people who want to get rid of guns also want to get rid of cars and have only self-driving taxi cabs.  Maybe not now because the programming for the end-human-driven-cars project has not been widely uploaded into people's brains yet, but we know who will be susceptible to it when this particular over-the-air update is rolled out; the same people who are now on the anti-gun kick.  The same people who want to get rid of guns also want to get rid of cars.  It's all part of a certain technocratic vision.  And they own the upgrade mechanisms.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Mihaylovic

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 04:08:12 PM

I've had 'road rage' a couple of times and have done risky moves to keep someone from doing a dick-head illegal pass on me or to demonstrate my dis-satisfaction at being held up for miles by three slow drivers driving side-by-side on the freeway.  I've never even come close to such a thing with my guns.  In fact I've specifically and deliberately left my guns locked up when I go out to confront someone on the county road which runs through my property.

At the end of the day, automobiles pack vastly more energy and it is vastly easier to deploy that energy against another human being by accident or on purpose than is the case with a firearm.

---

(Actually the people who want to get rid of guns also want to get rid of cars and have only self-driving taxi cabs.  Maybe not now because the programming for the end-human-driven-cars project has not been widely uploaded into people's brains yet, but we know who will be susceptible to it when this particular over-the-air update is rolled out; the same people who are now on the anti-gun kick.  The same people who want to get rid of guns also want to get rid of cars.  It's all part of a certain technocratic vision.  And they own the upgrade mechanisms.)

yeah but the difference is guns are being produced for killing. cars are being produced for transportation. So i dont think it is fair to compare buying a gun with owning a car. they are so different things.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 08:13:03 PM

If you don't have a handgun or a rifle you still have access to knives, hammers and other blunt&sharp objects.

There's a negative correlation between murder and guns per capita in the US.
Which means less guns per capita = more murders
More guns per capita = less murders.

Looking for a signature campaign.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 03:45:04 AM

I've had 'road rage' a couple of times and have done risky moves to keep someone from doing a dick-head illegal pass on me or to demonstrate my dis-satisfaction at being held up for miles by three slow drivers driving side-by-side on the freeway.  I've never even come close to such a thing with my guns.  In fact I've specifically and deliberately left my guns locked up when I go out to confront someone on the county road which runs through my property.

---

(Actually the people who want to get rid of guns also want to get rid of cars and have only self-driving taxi cabs.  Maybe not now because the programming for the end-human-driven-cars project has not been widely uploaded into people's brains yet, but we know who will be susceptible to it when this particular over-the-air update is rolled out; the same people who are now on the anti-gun kick.  The same people who want to get rid of guns also want to get rid of cars.  It's all part of a certain technocratic vision.  And they own the upgrade mechanisms.)

yeah but the difference is guns are being produced for killing. cars are being produced for transportation. So i dont think it is fair to compare buying a gun with owning a car. they are so different things.

Actually it is far more common for a gun owner to have a gun specifically and expressly for the purpose of NOT killing someone.

If I have to defend my family and my property using a baseball bat, it vastly increases the chances that a criminal will attempt to take advantage of the situation.  And criminals are free to have firearms of course.

If I have a 12 ga shotgun at my disposal to defend my family and property, and it is widely known or suspected, then the odds of needing to engage someone in conflict (and potentially kill them or vice-versa) go WAY down.

I know the dynamic in my state and area (rural Oregon) and it works like a champ.  Find the state on the (unsurprising) chart posted above showing the negative correlation between gun ownership and fatalities.

---

Anyway, the "I might go crazy" argument applies equally to guns, cars, kitchen utensils, etc.  The 'produced for' purpose is not really a logically rational argument in and of itself.  I could help you fix it up a bit if I took a mind to, but I'll leave it as a homework exercise.

Mihaylovic

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 04:42:44 PM

If you don't have a handgun or a rifle you still have access to knives, hammers and other blunt&sharp objects.

Ok but knives are mostly (not special ones) not produced for killing people. They have other purposes. But owning a gun has one purpose. shooting and killing or wounding someone. So not the same thing.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 07:03:04 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2020, 07:36:02 PM by iluvbitcoins

Ok but knives are mostly (not special ones) not produced for killing people. They have other purposes. But owning a gun has one purpose. shooting and killing or wounding someone. So not the same thing.

The purpose of a knife is cutting. And you can cut people with knives.

There's more murders in cities where there's less legal guns per capita than vice-versa.

Are the Bloods and the Crips going to turn in their guns? Cheesy
Are their guns registered now? Cheesy

If firearms are illegal innocent people turn in their firearms and criminals don't. There's more robberies, rapes and murder.

96% of public mass shooting occured in gun free zones

https://crimeresearch.org/2018/06/more-misleading-information-from-bloombergs-everytown-for-gun-safety-on-guns-analysis-of-recent-mass-shootings/

In 2004, among state prison inmates who possessed a gun at the time of offense, less than 2% bought their firearm at a flea market or gun show and 40% obtained their firearm from an illegal source.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 07:47:16 PM

In 1982, Kennesaw, GA passed a law requiring one firearm in the house.
It's crime rate fell 89% in 1 year.

Finally, the deterrent effect of civilian gun ownership is  supported by the experience of Kennesaw, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta with a  1980 population of 5,095 (U.S.Bureau of the Census, 1983:832). To demonstrate their disapproval of a ban on handgun ownership passed in Morton Grove, Illinois, the Kennesaw City council passed a city ordinance requiring heads of households to keep at least one firearm in their homes. In the seven months following passage of the ordinance (March 15, 1982 to October 31, 1982), there were only five reported residential burglaries, compared to 45 in the same period in the previous year, an 89 percent decrease (Benenson 1982). This drop was far in excess of the modest 10.4 percent decrease in the burglary rate experienced by Georgia as a  whole from 1981 to 1982, the 6.8 percent de- crease for South Atlantic states, the 9.6 percent decrease for the United States, and the 7.1 percent decrease for cities under 10,000 population (U.S. FBI, 1983:45-47, 143)

https://americangunfacts.com/pdf/Crime-Control-through-the-Private-Use-of-Armed-Force.pdf

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 10:19:32 PM

yeah but the difference is guns are being produced for killing...

No they are not produced for killing.

Where did you get that idea?

elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 10:30:50 PM

The polemic regarding use by civilians is certainly different from that of the army, for civilians it is not used directly to kill but defends itself from harmful acts by paralyzing of course. but the situation can be different if we experience it to the point of endangering our lives, forced to be made to defend ourselves even though ultimately killing. but the main intention is not to kill and I agree with the colleague above about this
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 11:56:14 PM

The polemic regarding use by civilians is certainly different from that of the army, for civilians it is not used directly to kill but defends itself from harmful acts by paralyzing of course. but the situation can be different if we experience it to the point of endangering our lives, forced to be made to defend ourselves even though ultimately killing. but the main intention is not to kill and I agree with the colleague above about this

Yes, but you see what happens next. Since law abiding people won't kill with their guns, except in self defense, what do they do? They legalize abortion so they can kill all they want legally.

Cool

HereNow

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 12:09:44 AM

Guns are bad when bad people have them. Which they do. So how can one protect themselves? Call the cops?
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 05:47:55 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2020, 12:32:46 AM by iluvbitcoins

Guns are bad when bad people have them. Which they do. So how can one protect themselves? Call the cops?

This are the 10 best average response time cities in the US

If there's a mass shooting, you get something like Christchurh where the shooter just kills dozens of people and police is nowhere to be found
His livestream is at least 10 minutes long, the police is called, but he kills some 50 people, exists the building, and then travels to another building and kills more people there. The police don't come in the whole stream (10ish minutes).

But what happened in Whiite Settlement in Texas when a shooting happened?
Shooter shot 2 people before he got shot himself.
Concealed carry Texans took care of him in 10 seconds, not 10 minutes
If the people in the church weren't armed, another Christchurch would happen because it would take the police 10 minutes to arrive and then engage him, he'd probably even have hostages until then if he  had intention to survive or he would already kill some 50-60 people.

poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2020, 06:21:00 PM

-snip-
Basically a conversation finisher Smiley
Nobody cares about protecting your life and stuff more than thyself.
A government forbids you to posses a personal protection device? You have to change the government because it's idiocy turns you in to a potential victim and a factual slave, that's a fact. True freedom is eternal vigilance and those who propose taking off of you this alertness, are in fact putting you on grave danger. In my opinion, gun control is always a straight way to genocide, at lest history suggests just that and as such, it is highly immoral action of a tyrannical clique that's horribly afraid of you being a free man. 

abduramann_

Activity: 497
Merit: 119

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2020, 06:22:06 PM

To me, owning guns should be free but strictly controlled. Owner candidates should be tested physiologically hard. There should be zero tolerance for anyone who lacks anger management.

Bütün Kripto Varlıklarınızı Gizliliğinizi Koruyarak Transfer Etmek İster Misiniz? Burdan buyrun: https://cutt.ly/incognito-chain
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 09:15:08 PM

If there's a mass shooting, you get something like Christchurh where the shooter just kills dozens of people and police is nowhere to be found
His livestream is at least 10 minutes long, the police is called, but he kills some 50 people, exists the building, and then travels to another building and kills more people there. The police doesn't come in the whole stream (10ish minutes).

But what happened in Whiite Settlement in Texas when a shooting happened?
Shooter shot 2 people before he got shot himself.
If the people in the church weren't armed, another Christchurch would happen because it would take the police 10 minutes to arrive and then engage him, he'd probably even have hostages until then if he  had intention to survive or he would already kill some 50-60 people.

Took my sister a whole day in Phoenix.     Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: