Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ParallelCoin - DUO - SHA256 + Scrypt | HardFork Soon!!! We are going Go!  (Read 61085 times)
lokiverloren

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:37:54 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2019, 11:02:46 PM by lokiverloren

Not sure why this didn't happen sooner, but today I made an AppImage universal binary for the parallelcoin daemon legacy version, and yes, the Qt wallet client also, so anyone looking to run a wallet or node on a linux machine has a shortcut option to getting up and running. The links will be updated on the main site soon as also will more changes coming with several things coming to completion soon.

https://github.com/parallelcointeam/parallelcoin/releases

and as a repository at our interim new work in progress repository that will eventually house the whole collection of things:

https://seed1.parallelcoin.io/dev/parallelcoin-binaries

The binaries for other platforms will be added later, they are already available elsewhere.

seed1.parallelcoin.io / seed1.parallelcoin.info seed is back online, apologies for the downtime, it may have slowed initial syncing not being operational for several weeks.

It was necessary to solve the issue of binary distribution of the linux version at least and this was a happy surprise when I got it to work and I think this makes it significantly more accessible. As I am in the process of debugging the consensus now, I also needed these so I have seeds to quickly start up test nodes from.

Update

Progress with fixing errors in consensus is coming along swiftly, should be syncing again soon
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trax0r

Activity: 375
Merit: 103

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 09:02:35 AM

Check out the newest report of DUO development on bearshares.com:

https://bearshares.com/parallelcoin/@loki/parallelcoin-dev-report-2019-03-16

Short teaser - read about:
- Parallelcoin Pod
- bitnodes.net
and more Smiley
lokiverloren

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 10:44:12 AM

I'm getting through the issues at a fairly quick pace these last days. I eliminated two race conditions, fixed a bounds check in trace logging and  the consensus is working fully up to date

My current focus now these errors are fixed is analysing its replay performance and plucking some low hanging fruit optimisation targets. I have observed that the replay speed of this codebase leaves something to be desired, or it might just be download sync (not supporting faster protocols now operating with bitcoin), but I want to just now get all the easy improvements done so what remains has a more dubious chance of producing a stunning improvement.

The configuration system is half done, I can run one of the apps now but the configuration is not composing how I intended it to. I will be getting that right shortly and then I will finish putting all of the subcommands into action, controller, wallet, and then seeing if my idea of using the cli app library to spawn wallet and full node in parallel is right...

then finally I'll be at the base point to put the GUI on it.

I still need finish with the hard fork transition handling, though, I think I will do that next today after I see if I can make any improvements to replay time.
lokiverloren

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 11:11:29 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2019, 12:31:35 PM by lokiverloren

It has been a while since I last posted an update, and I have a bunch of things done now.

Firstly, the name of the main server is now just `9`. I haven't plugged on all the bits as I am systematically rebuilding from the old version  to avoid adding any fluff (and I know there is lots), but the repo is here: https://git.parallelcoin.io/dev/9 - it doesn't do anything yet, but once the configuration parts are completed all the old launch stuff is added back and all its necessary dependencies.

The configuration system stuff was driving me crazy between setting and saving, on the CLI and into the apps configurations turned out to be poorly supported with all of the CLI argument processing libraries I found.

After three rounds trying with libraries and one false start with a home-grown solution, I am back at crafting my own solution. The new CLI arguments processing only handles actual commands (node, wallet, etc) and triggers for stuff like replay and dropping indexes and so forth.

The actual configuration will now be handled by a simple codec and a file format that is easy to edit and has all the comments and defaults for the user. I am writing the code that saves the configuration now and once I finish the code that reads it back into the appropriate structure, I will build a typeahead search interactive CLI that lets you find settings and change their values interactively. The GUI will also have its own interface to this.

It will be possible later to extend the CLI interface to allow directly setting things for a one-shot run, and the configuration interactive CLI will let you also choose to launch commands after you change settings. I will aim to make it as smooth and intuitive as possible, but not wasting any more of my time on code that will rarely execute in real life.

I should be finished the configuration and launchers in a few days and hopefully @marcetin has warmed up his golang web app skills after a much too long break from it and we will be able to get the beta happening in the next couple of weeks.

We have secured a bit more funding for development now, so also expect soon a formal Roadmap and Whitepaper to let you all know what we are doing next.

The next phase of development is very likely to be towards building an application framework with a distributed, trustless epidemic, transaction-oriented protocol that is intended to form the basis of ultimately an entire operating environment, from end user to network infrastructure providers. The aim is to make a scalable framework that can go from realtime MMO first person shooter game level response, to media streaming and consensus accounting of delivery of media to calculate a monetisation system and reputation ranking for curation. But instead of thinking first about the application, rather, to build the pieces that have many ways of being applied.

Of course, where we go next we will make sure we bring as many of the willing passengers along as possible. Feedback and discussion is most welcome (come to the discord and say hello: https://discord.gg/nJKts94)
BAH

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 10:52:36 PM

Please can you tell me why you ban me on discord
For asking any news?

I reach out on telegram for help, and no reply.

I am an investor here and this is not right to ban
For doing nothing bad.

Please can you respond on telegram or unban on discord.

lokiverloren

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 11:10:07 AM

If you are the one showing up saying 'any news' every so often and never replying when addressed and asking questions that often are right there a few lines beforehand, how about you try to actually have a conversation with us instead of wasting our time.

If you are an investor you want the developers not being nagged by silly questions that are already answered, right? That would be working against your interests as well.

I am the most communicative member of the team and this is upside-down because I am also the lead developer.

If you want to hang out at the discord, don't act like a robot and we won't treat you like one. Lurk or chat, don't type the very same message and never reply when addressed as you have been doing since I joined the team.

You may well be holding stake in DUO tokens but I have been staking quite a bit of sweat equity in this, and I gain no benefit from being disturbed by questions that seem to always be rhetorical.

Also, I don't use telegram. Your account, I presume @candyx has been unbanned from the discord, and I would appreciate it if you would respond when you post a question and someone addresses you. Otherwise the ban will be reinstated.
lokiverloren

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 12:04:37 PM

Please can you respond on telegram or unban on discord.

where is the telegram anyway?
bilarem

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 12:13:17 PM

Do you have a bounty programe to refer?
lokiverloren

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 01:02:20 PM

A bounty program sounds like a good idea, we just need to find someone with the funds to pay them.

Incidentally, wtf is up with the KYC notification in this forum? Because I sure as hell ain't filling out the form it links to, it looks like fraud to me.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 01:15:30 PM

Incidentally, wtf is up with the KYC notification in this forum? Because I sure as hell ain't filling out the form it links to, it looks like fraud to me.

Theymos is famous for his April Fools day jokes. Check that "KYC" form and you should notice quickly..

lokiverloren

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 04:38:26 PM

The gender field is hilarious!

Agende
Androgyne
Androgynes
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans Female
Trans Male
Trans Man
Trans Person
Trans*Female
Trans*Male
Trans*Man
Trans*Person
Trans*Woman
Transexual
Transexual Female
Transexual Male
Transexual Man
Transexual Person
Transexual Woman
Transgender Female
Transgender Person
Transmasculine
Two-spirit
Asexual
Female to male trans man
Female to male transgender man
Female to male transsexual man
F2M
Gender neutral
Hermaphrodite
Intersex man
Intersex person
Intersex woman
Male to female trans woman
Male to female transgender woman
Male to female transsexual woman
M2F
Polygender
T* man
T* woman
Two* person
Two-spirit person
Attack helicopter

I think I will go with the last one too
trax0r

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 10:22:54 PM

Good news today:

Parallelcoin (DUO) was listed on Altilly today:

You are welcome to visit Altilly exchange and exchange there your BTC and XQR to DUO:
https://www.altilly.com/market/DUO_BTC
https://www.altilly.com/market/DUO_XQR
BAH

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 01, 2019, 10:34:16 PM

no candyx is not me.

I am still banned have never seen a direct reply to me
I am not a heavy discord user, so I don't know how to access my dm's if you have I have not seen them.

My intentions are to support, have never done anything bad.

lokiverloren

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 10:27:06 AM

no candyx is not me.

I am still banned have never seen a direct reply to me
I am not a heavy discord user, so I don't know how to access my dm's if you have I have not seen them.

My intentions are to support, have never done anything bad.

Ok! well, just don't keep asking for news if you don't mind.
lokiverloren

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 12:53:58 PM

Ok, just a brief report...

I now have got the full node launching though the ctrl-c interrupt handler isn't properly wired in. I should have all of the servers running again on the new 9 repository by tomorrow. The critical thing is getting the combined 'shell' launcher done, this is a combined full node and wallet node connected to the full node.

Once that launcher is done we start on the wallet GUI and I can finish the hard fork transition code and finalise the proof of work (I think I may make it a little more complex still, put some more simple hashes with more complex directed graph of processing steps disrupting linearisation.

I know it's not going to be perfect, proof of work is just the first working open-entry protocol architecture, it's pre-model-t grade, but even if for some reason every asic maker were to suddenly want to make miners for duo, we still have 6 months grace for their production cycle and either it will be structurally rearranged at that point or we might have got to a new protocol (i doubt it).

The essence of what we are doing next is fairly simple - think of Lightning and its cross-chain transactions, and then flip that upside down. Put it inside an environment a bit like Bitshares, with multiple, user issued tokens, except instead of just making a proxy for trading the token, we emulate it down to the last detail, as well as creating a PoW regulated coinbase issuance consensus, but this PoW does not regulate processing of blocks, only the timing of new coinbases being issued.

In other words, what we want to do next is build a proof of causality/logic clock based consensus, which can run a token without a PoW to stop double spends, and then create a PoW anyway, but it is only for issuance control and not for double spend security. Then with two or more such different ledgers implemented on the same platform, it is far simpler to add a cross chain settlement protocol and the network keeps track of the ratios of values between different subtokens.

Or in other words, we intend to build a base protocol that can be used to implement the ledger format and proof of work of other coins, and, of course, selecting other small cap and nearly-abandoned coins, offering to add their token in a coinswap process and our chain becomes the master, but their protocol plugin remains under the control of the user community and devs.

It's an excellent deal: share exposure to exchanges for the other coin, and a new market for parallelcoin.

The idea is that it allows the usually hodge-podge of dev skillsets available on each project could merge related work together, effectively growing a development team by mergers.

Forget bitcoin maximalism. How about network integration. Lightning is a nice idea but settling cross-chain transactions actually doesn't really solve any problems relating to latency. It does allow faster clearance when both sides of an exchange are using lightning but those on main net still have the congestion and scalability problem.

With both chains on an underlying common platform, the platform can be the site of implementing these token exchanges, it can track the price and history and you don't even need an exchange if all your trading partners are using tokens on the same protocol.
lokiverloren

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 01:39:56 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2019, 10:58:27 PM by lokiverloren

while I am in pause mode, I elaborated a bit more on the hashing algorithm.

https://git.parallelcoin.io/dev/9/src/branch/master/doc/complexpow.md

https://git.parallelcoin.io/com/assets/raw/branch/master/complexpow.jpg

Sorry, image isn't previewing because of my newbie status. But you will be able to see even with this provisional process graph that asics would have problems getting around the need for sending hashes between processing stages as a bottleneck, as well as squelching a lot of the possible optimisations from convenient ordering. I think we may yet put an Equihash Pow into the graph in a parallel stage connected to some of the other graphs in a messy-as-possible way.

It only really needs to see the chain through until we have the next generation asynchronous protocol working, I think it should happily succeed at giving us a year's grace.  Very probably minor changes, like pushing results from stages into even more intermediate stages likely would further reduce any working asic's efficiency, even if its processing path is fully programmable, and maybe by then Fluffybunny and other asic warriors will probably have got even better hashes to add to the process.

I can increase the complexity quite a lot without increasing the total time per hash. You can conceive easily of further complexity by adding logic gates that send hashes to different processing stages depending on part of their value... But I think it doesn't have to go much further than this to the point the proof is of bus interconnect and nothing else bigger constrains it. This is the most complicated and expensive part of any motherboard, the PCI express bus and the cpu-memory interconnect. No matter what way you slice it, the algorithm will congest this channel and leave a lot less options for improvement open.

maybe a whitepaper

I started writing this as a roadmap but ended up blathering on and decided that it's almost right for the white paper.

The TL;DR version is basically that we want to implement a proof of causality logic-clock based ledger, and build a framework to replicate the ledgers of other coins, including retaining their proof of work for issuance rate control purposes. Coins that do this get the sub-second transaction finalisation of the new protocol while keeping their issuance control and development of their ledger protocol is entirely independent.

We want to build a new network that can support a swarm of affiliated cryptocurrency projects, small, low cap, poor resources, with enthusiastic people.

By implementing several coin ledgers on one base protocol, it becomes simple to enable cross-coin atomic swaps in-band. The network can track the exchange rates and produce price charts as well.
trax0r

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 06:31:18 AM

We are getting closer to the release....
It is time to save some DUOs now - even our dev loki started yesterday to fill his wallet Smiley
The DUO price is currently so low, you will not find DUOs later again at this low rate ....
lokiverloren

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 06:47:54 AM

Really short quick one -

I just finally got all three main components working

- Full node so far mostly reliably syncs and responds to RPC

- CLI RPC client works, connects to node and wallet, prints help correctly

- Wallet now connects to and syncs with full node.

There's lots of little niggles amongst it, as you would expect, but maybe within a day or so I will have it stable and the combined node/wallet "shell" mode working, the bottleneck that has been holding up the show for the last two months.

Well, it is my first time building a working blockchain application Smiley

I think I am now past the top of the hill, work-wise and patience-for-dragging-on-wise. I'm pushing myself from now extra double hard to make the milestones and catch as many of the clangers as I bump into.

Something that makes me think of as relates to the new suite going live - I will build a small webserver and run it behind a tor hidden service (for your privacy) that will receive crash reports. I'll have to add a setting for it, enable/disable automatic submission of reports. The reports will be just tracebacks sufficiently long to point me in the direction of the probable causes, and yes, you will have to manually set it to on and the GUI will also have an alert when pending reports can be checked and manually sent in if the user has opted in to help with this. No, I won't want it nagging you, just one 'dismiss' popup on first run and that's all, at least during the first three months it goes live.
trax0r

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 08:33:55 AM

Really short quick one -

I just finally got all three main components working

- Full node so far mostly reliably syncs and responds to RPC

- CLI RPC client works, connects to node and wallet, prints help correctly

- Wallet now connects to and syncs with full node.

There's lots of little niggles amongst it, as you would expect, but maybe within a day or so I will have it stable and the combined node/wallet "shell" mode working, the bottleneck that has been holding up the show for the last two months.

Well, it is my first time building a working blockchain application Smiley

I think I am now past the top of the hill, work-wise and patience-for-dragging-on-wise. I'm pushing myself from now extra double hard to make the milestones and catch as many of the clangers as I bump into.

Something that makes me think of as relates to the new suite going live - I will build a small webserver and run it behind a tor hidden service (for your privacy) that will receive crash reports. I'll have to add a setting for it, enable/disable automatic submission of reports. The reports will be just tracebacks sufficiently long to point me in the direction of the probable causes, and yes, you will have to manually set it to on and the GUI will also have an alert when pending reports can be checked and manually sent in if the user has opted in to help with this. No, I won't want it nagging you, just one 'dismiss' popup on first run and that's all, at least during the first three months it goes live.

Congrats ... and thank you for all the dev work you have done by now... i am looking forward to the release Smiley
litecoinricky

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

I need a break!

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 05:41:24 PM

Wow looking good guys Smiley

I have not posted in a while because my DUO are still stuck in Cryptopia Sad

I really cant wait to see what the next year brings for this project, lokiverloren's hardwork is sure to be noticed by the mainstream soon.

Rick

I'll take any freebies on offer Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: