Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:28:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246094 times)
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 11:49:57 PM

I think it's obvious that bitcoin is a technology of the future.and cash is not money that is used to pay in the future. everything will be all-digital right ?

I'm not sure that everything will be completely digital. There are many countries where this system is poorly developed - there paper money is very popular. The world is not all ready for the transition to a digital currency
I think the technology will evolve I know paper money is still very popular in some countries but time will change it all? inevitably will become more sophisticated transactions in the form of digital

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yrreg ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:18:30 AM

Bitcoin is a relatively new form of currency that is just beginning to hit the mainstream, but many people still don’t understand why they should make the effort to use it. Using of bitcoin it helps because it’s fast, it’s cheap, central governments can’t take it away, there are no charge backs, people can’t steal your payment information from merchants, it isn’t inflationary, it’s as private as you want it to be, you don’t need to trust anyone else, you own it, you can create your own money.

Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:54:27 AM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

Bitcoin is more convenient, easy to handle, no need to bring some cash, you can withdraw anytime, sending money without fee.
You can also invest, trade, and buy anytime you want. Bitcoin's value is getting higher by the time goes by.
Some country was just using atm/mastercard to purchase in malls,supermarket and more. Bitcoin can be use just like that if they know the value of it.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:47:18 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

Bitcoin is more convenient, easy to handle, no need to bring some cash, you can withdraw anytime, sending money without fee.
You can also invest, trade, and buy anytime you want. Bitcoin's value is getting higher by the time goes by.
Some country was just using atm/mastercard to purchase in malls,supermarket and more. Bitcoin can be use just like that if they know the value of it.
in modern time and specially in big cities it is very common to use online means for shopping and so many other purpsoes, therefore to them bitcoin is the most convenient way to use for shopping and also for other activities like online trading and online investment.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 08:34:26 PM

Bitcoin is a relatively new form of currency that is just beginning to hit the mainstream, but many people still don’t understand why they should make the effort to use it. Using of bitcoin it helps because it’s fast, it’s cheap, central governments can’t take it away, there are no charge backs, people can’t steal your payment information from merchants, it isn’t inflationary, it’s as private as you want it to be, you don’t need to trust anyone else, you own it, you can create your own money.

Bitcoin is better than cash, reason is it is decentralized, more secured, easy to use and easy to convert. Major benefit is by saving the btc you can easily get the benefit from it. where as in the case of currency the value of currency goes down due to inflation.   
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:21:52 PM

Good points, many areas where we see the benefit of btc then cash. cash if you are earning the details we have to show the government here whatever you earn it will be with you only. More convenient in terms of transferring the money to other people, less effort than withdrawing money from the bank and much more. 

thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:24:06 PM

Good points, many areas where we see the benefit of btc then cash. cash if you are earning the details we have to show the government here whatever you earn it will be with you only. More convenient in terms of transferring the money to other people, less effort than withdrawing money from the bank and much more. 

Yes and when it comes to cash you also need to pay income tax to government depending on your income which is totally missing in bitcoin and no one can know how much money you are holding in the form of bitcoins and that makes it a very unique currency.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Batelk

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:48:54 AM

I think it's obvious that bitcoin is a technology of the future.and cash is not money that is used to pay in the future. everything will be all-digital right ?

I'm not sure that everything will be completely digital. There are many countries where this system is poorly developed - there paper money is very popular. The world is not all ready for the transition to a digital currency
I think the technology will evolve I know paper money is still very popular in some countries but time will change it all? inevitably will become more sophisticated transactions in the form of digital

I think the paper money will not be fully replaced. But the digital money will be use more widely.

ZenCash Conducting Private Transactions Worldwide Completely
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  Forum -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:15:04 PM

I think the paper money will not be fully replaced. But the digital money will be use more widely.

Paper money will never being replaced, paper money is used so the country not fully depend on internet transaction, in the future people will prefer to used digital money for big transaction because it is safer and more efficient, but no matter what, paper money will still be available in every country and will never be replaced
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:48:44 PM

The way I see it, Bitcoin gives us the true freedom of currency. We are not dependent upon any system to use our money. So it basically is and always will be BTCFREEDOMBTC
To be honest, while the freedom is nice it’s also a little nervous sometimes. For what I have in Bitcoin, the only stability it has is that I have to trust that other people also say that one bitcoin is worth a lot of money. If a bunch of those people suddenly stopped trusting BTC and pulled out I’d be dead in the water.

But with USD, the euro, or even investing in a relatively stable stock or index fund I have the comfort that there’s something behind it. Even if I have concerns about the government, they don’t extend so deeply that I’m worried my money will become worthless, and very few other people think that way.

I have to turn some power over to a larger and more controlling organization when I put money into any of those things, but I know that my money is most likely safe.
CODE200

Activity: 1386
Merit: 308

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:56:47 AM

Besides, Bitcoin is an invisible gold and do not be restricted by the customs.
Yeah it is ! Bitcoin is really like an invisivle gold because no one is seeing how much is your bitcoin than cash people are seeing how much your money worth because of the banks they check how much your deposit and your withdraw.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:42:13 AM

Where else can you just stick some money into your wallet and find it's value much larger in a few days?

The way I see it, Bitcoin gives us the true freedom of currency. We are not dependent upon any system to use our money. So it basically is and always will be BTCFREEDOMBTC
To be honest, while the freedom is nice it’s also a little nervous sometimes. For what I have in Bitcoin, the only stability it has is that I have to trust that other people also say that one bitcoin is worth a lot of money. If a bunch of those people suddenly stopped trusting BTC and pulled out I’d be dead in the water.

But with USD, the euro, or even investing in a relatively stable stock or index fund I have the comfort that there’s something behind it. Even if I have concerns about the government, they don’t extend so deeply that I’m worried my money will become worthless, and very few other people think that way.

I have to turn some power over to a larger and more controlling organization when I put money into any of those things, but I know that my money is most likely safe.

I understand this. Must be nerve-wracking to see all your btc in your wallet suddenly worth much less than what you paid for it. Happened to me few weeks ago so I took out some of them. Now it's going back up again. I suppose we just have to be prudent and vigilant. Don't go all in in bitcoins, try to still have some saved in traditional investments. At least should btc totally crash and don't recover, you wouldn't be left out in the cold.

Maybe just send some btc to an exchange during peak and convert to fiat but don't cash out, and then use that to buy more btc during plunges?
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 11:27:23 PM

Very good points. I'd like to add:

5) Banks can't steal it from you. You may think they can't steal cash either; that's not true. With central banks printing money by the hundreds of billions, and commercial banks creating money as debt like there's no tomorrow, they're effectively lowering the relative worth of your money in their advantage. Remember: stealing 5% off your deposit, or increasing the total money supply by 5% by creating it out of thin air, has essentially the same effect.
That's right dude, with bitcoin decentralization no one can really control your own savings money, no more interest average in every transaction your gonna made, because with bitcoin your are the bank of own money.
Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 11:33:28 PM

Where else can you just stick some money into your wallet and find it's value much larger in a few days?

I understand this. Must be nerve-wracking to see all your btc in your wallet suddenly worth much less than what you paid for it. Happened to me few weeks ago so I took out some of them. Now it's going back up again. I suppose we just have to be prudent and vigilant. Don't go all in in bitcoins, try to still have some saved in traditional investments. At least should btc totally crash and don't recover, you wouldn't be left out in the cold.

Maybe just send some btc to an exchange during peak and convert to fiat but don't cash out, and then use that to buy more btc during plunges?
You could also find that its value was much smaller in a few days.  You have to be wary of holding all of your money in Bitcoin - currently, I would spend fiat when Bitcoin is low and Bitcoin when it's high.  When Bitcoin rises more it'll naturally become a more stable rise and I'll spend with Bitcoin more often.  Generally, it's because Bitcoin will beat inflation in the future by stopping new Bitcoin being created.

virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 11:35:54 PM

in modern time and specially in big cities it is very common to use online means for shopping and so many other purpsoes, therefore to them bitcoin is the most convenient way to use for shopping and also for other activities like online trading and online investment.
You are right I am also using bitcoin for my convenience to transact to any online site for shopping or for buying any online service like domain suppose if I will need a domain then without going to my bank account I can easily buy with bitcoin
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:45:05 AM

Bitcoin is better than cash, reason is it is decentralized, more secured, easy to use and easy to convert. Major benefit is by saving the btc you can easily get the benefit from it. where as in the case of currency the value of currency goes down due to inflation.   

If we talk about savings and accessibility it is a positive point for bitcoin since fiat currency cannot do that thing. Bitcoin can be used around the globe without converting it to fiat currency. But let us not forget to also keep hold of paper money since not all areas in all country has an internet connection especially the outskirts and that is why I prefer bitcoins for savings and paper money for purchases.
HarringtonStark

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 08:37:24 AM

If we talk about savings and accessibility it is a positive point for bitcoin since fiat currency cannot do that thing. Bitcoin can be used around the globe without converting it to fiat currency. But let us not forget to also keep hold of paper money since not all areas in all country has an internet connection especially the outskirts and that is why I prefer bitcoins for savings and paper money for purchases.

Yes you buy btc and hold them and wait for the price to rise and then sell them for $. I heard companies are working on to bring internet to more areas around the world. I heard about using drones with Wi-Fi antennas that people can connect to for free, says Zuckerberg. So we can access internet more easily in the future and it will benefit bitcoin! Think about it,  internet would be omnipresent in the future.

carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:32:07 AM

Bitcoin instead of cash because of its fast transactions sending money anywhere that cost less fees. Freedom to save money in your wallet and easy to use. Easy to convert into with hassle free.
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:02:59 AM

Bitcoin instead of cash because of its fast transactions sending money anywhere that cost less fees. Freedom to save money in your wallet and easy to use. Easy to convert into with hassle free.

And the most important reason is that cash can get stolen or can be robbed but your bitcoins are really safe in your bitcoin wallet and no one will know how much wealth you are carrying so there is no scope of getting robbed by the thieves.
tokenmarket

Activity: 492
Merit: 291

TokenMarket.net

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 10:47:53 AM

you forgot to mention low fees.

.TokenMarket.
██▀▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌

██▄▄
▀▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌

▄▄██
██▀▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌

██▄▄
▬★ Full Service ICO Advisory ★▬
Follow and Research Tokens
★▬▬▬ Subscribe Now ▬▬▬★
▀▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌

▄▄██
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: