Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:01:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246109 times)
AUDREY23

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:13:24 PM

from some of the points that you convey mentioned there that are not owned by a bank that is in bitcoin no monthly admin fee tration as in banks in general

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:42:31 PM

One of the problems with regular Fiat is that the government can print it in any quantity and often does so. If you do not have enough dollars to repay the national debt, the central bank simply can print more. If the economy is bursting at the seams, the government can throw these new money into the economy, using a popular process known as quantitative easing. This leads to a decrease in the value of the currency. Bitcoin was designed that it's number is limited. Initially it's impossible to get more than 21 millions of coins. This means that inflation hasn't place to be if you use bitcoin and keep your money in it.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:01:49 PM

I have bitcoin instead of cash because of the solid volatility of bitcoin and its great features. and of course allowing me to be my own bank and own boss to control my money.

from some of the points that you convey mentioned there that are not owned by a bank that is in bitcoin no monthly admin fee tration as in banks in general

your post is not understandable. bitcoin is not owned by anybank and it is the best thing of bitcoin.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:32:27 PM

One of the problems with regular Fiat is that the government can print it in any quantity and often does so. If you do not have enough dollars to repay the national debt, the central bank simply can print more. If the economy is bursting at the seams, the government can throw these new money into the economy, using a popular process known as quantitative easing. This leads to a decrease in the value of the currency. Bitcoin was designed that it's number is limited. Initially it's impossible to get more than 21 millions of coins. This means that inflation hasn't place to be if you use bitcoin and keep your money in it.

The answer is way more simpler: Governments will get rid of cash in the next 10 years. Physical cash will simply not exist anymore, so people will search for alternatives, and bitcoin will be that alternative, so when that happens, you better be 100% on bitcoin and already converted all your useless cash in the revolution of money or you will be left behind.
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:45:23 PM

Bitcoin can't be steal by someone, while cash can be steal by your neighbor. Then bitcoin is can be called as investment, while cash is not an investment instead is a tool for us to have an investment. Another thing was,  the value of cash is not increasing while Bitcoin can be compared into a lot and gold while time goes by the value increase same thing with Bitcoin it is increase the price value while time pass by.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 05:57:49 PM

The answer is way more simpler: Governments will get rid of cash in the next 10 years. Physical cash will simply not exist anymore, so people will search for alternatives, and bitcoin will be that alternative, so when that happens, you better be 100% on bitcoin and already converted all your useless cash in the revolution of money or you will be left behind

Are you serious mate?

How Bitcoin can be an alternative to cash if it doesn't have any physical presence at all? At max, if cash is to be removed from circulation altogether (which is a very unlikely event by itself), it will be replaced with payment cards (like Visa or Mastercard), not Bitcoin. There is no feasible way that any government with strong local currency (like the US dollar, for example) would agree to substitute cash with Bitcoin

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:30:03 AM

So how come we're not just funding new more buildings and new workers all focused on making new money if we can always just pay them by printing more money? I don't think that's how it works. The government can't just print and print because that would greatly decrease the value of their currency.

There's also other factors to consider like they can't print more money because they can only print as much as the resources available in their country. Maybe even less than that. All of the excess printed money would just go to waste because people have nothing else to spend it on.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:18:41 AM

Bitcoin is more security full than cash because cash is known by everyone
 while bitcoin or gold coin is unknown it remains also free from customs. So we should store bitcoin instead of cash.
Also when cash make you cannot trade online around the world , bitcoin can do it in easier way
Bitcoin is the perfect currency for future, when cash will be outdated
Cash makes you losing value in long term but bitcoin makes you having more value time to time.
yeah you are right that we can trade with bitcoin around the world and bitcoin is really a perfect and future currency and bitcoin value rising everyday so we can says that bitcoin is very profitable currency.
Besides of the fact that bitcoin is very useful for online business
It's like making money from money! Trading bitcoin , altcoin etc is indeed give you profit
Bitcoin more than just a stocks or a currency , it's considered multifunction nowadays
People keep coming to try bitcoin , and it's shows how good bitcoin rather than cash!
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 11:56:23 AM

So how come we're not just funding new more buildings and new workers all focused on making new money if we can always just pay them by printing more money? I don't think that's how it works. The government can't just print and print because that would greatly decrease the value of their currency.

There's also other factors to consider like they can't print more money because they can only print as much as the resources available in their country. Maybe even less than that. All of the excess printed money would just go to waste because people have nothing else to spend it on

It would be more correct to say that all money gets wasted

At least, in some part. It's due to money fungibility, i.e. complete equality or sameness between any two sums of money which are numerically equal. In other words, you can't possibly say that only the excess amount of printed money goes to waste. But since excessive printing still inevitably leads to money depreciation, it just means that some part of all money goes down the drain

choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:35:36 PM

Im using bitcoins to store my savings, in the general, i am using some altcoins to store btc as well some ammount applied into bitcoin as well, bitcoins grows more then if i let my savings at bank besides those the huge potencial to get better price does make it an atractive investment.

I'm doing that also but it is really hard to implement this where you are living in society that are fully using fiat. Because here in my place only very few people knows what is bitcoin and uses it. But if we wanted to have a very fast transaction and lesser fees, bitcoin is the right choice for it and it cannot be stolen by someone.

yes I think for investments and savings, I'd prefer bitcoin over fiat. it would pretty much be the same as when you save btc's, the price would be moving as well and you'll earn more with your savings a lot faster than when you save in a bank. for for transactions in the real world, I think there wont be any argument that cash is much more needed is a lot more important than bitcoin

Here in my country if you are going to invest with fiat for sure you cannot avoid the taxation and that's what I want to avoid. So do I prefer bitcoin for it and also when I'm doing online shopping there is no taxation depending to the merchant if he is paying tax. But when I don't have choice and I need to use fiat, I just use it.

Oops.. Wrong. Just because you don't know how to avoid paying taxes, doesn't mean it's impossible to do in your country Wink Rich people do it often. I also don't know how to and I don't intend to do so but it's 100% possible. Some of them might not make you escape 100% of the taxation but lesser you pay is better. He's a website that I found (Warning: Don't take things on that in a literal way. Read the explanation below them)

Of course the merchant of the online shop has paid for the tax for the materials that he used or the products that he bought. The only one that doesn't have a tax is the transaction that has happened between you.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:54:30 AM

Im using bitcoins to store my savings, in the general, i am using some altcoins to store btc as well some ammount applied into bitcoin as well, bitcoins grows more then if i let my savings at bank besides those the huge potencial to get better price does make it an atractive investment.

I'm doing that also but it is really hard to implement this where you are living in society that are fully using fiat. Because here in my place only very few people knows what is bitcoin and uses it. But if we wanted to have a very fast transaction and lesser fees, bitcoin is the right choice for it and it cannot be stolen by someone.

yes I think for investments and savings, I'd prefer bitcoin over fiat. it would pretty much be the same as when you save btc's, the price would be moving as well and you'll earn more with your savings a lot faster than when you save in a bank. for for transactions in the real world, I think there wont be any argument that cash is much more needed is a lot more important than bitcoin

Here in my country if you are going to invest with fiat for sure you cannot avoid the taxation and that's what I want to avoid. So do I prefer bitcoin for it and also when I'm doing online shopping there is no taxation depending to the merchant if he is paying tax. But when I don't have choice and I need to use fiat, I just use it.

Oops.. Wrong. Just because you don't know how to avoid paying taxes, doesn't mean it's impossible to do in your country Wink Rich people do it often. I also don't know how to and I don't intend to do so but it's 100% possible. Some of them might not make you escape 100% of the taxation but lesser you pay is better. He's a website that I found (Warning: Don't take things on that in a literal way. Read the explanation below them)

Of course the merchant of the online shop has paid for the tax for the materials that he used or the products that he bought. The only one that doesn't have a tax is the transaction that has happened between you.

That is why because of bitcoin I can avoid to pay taxes because every salary I got from my real job there's already a deduction of salaries and other expenses together with obligations. Yeah a lot of rich people manage to avoid taxes in whether it is with investment or anything related to their wealth.

Well yeah but up until when can this go on? I mean bitcoin is gaining popularity and i think soon governments will start legalizing bitcoin which means that most likely it will be taxable in a way. Though i agree with you, at this moment, doing online jobs releases you from any tax responsibilities which in a lot of countries end up in corrupt people's pockets. I think this is also one thing that makes working onine and transacting through btc is appealing to most of us

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Taki

Merit: 514

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:24:04 PM

Decades, but rather centuries, gold has been a safe haven in times of economic uncertainty. When stocks fall, people buying gold. When there was a collapse of the economy, people are buying gold. However, in recent years more and more investors prefer other asset in times of economic uncertainty. When the economy went down in 2013, Bitcoin raised. When in 2015, the devaluation of the Chinese Yuan, it happened again. And when Brexit made markets tremble in 2016,Bitcoin investors  have a reason to rejoice, as the price of the digital currency has grown by more than 100$ in one day. For the month, which was before Brexit, fears, broke up the price from 400$ to more than 750$. Bitcoin is not associated with the global financial system. It offers people an easy way to get out of the economic systems that depend on bad monetary policy and issuance of money by governments.
If you are one of those many people who are concerned about the position of us dollar as world reserve currency - Bitcoin looks not a bad bet.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 04:24:33 PM

From where I stand over here, having cash now in this current economy is like having paper as the value of what it can get decreases every day by day which is not good for anyone which means the value of my money have to move in that direction or more if I will have to buy the same quantity I bought a week ago and the only means that can happen is keeping my money in bitcoin which is risky though but I am ready to leave by that.
It is true that the bitcoin is a great asset and a good way to ensure a great way to make profit.
But we cannot lie about having to adopt to the real word, since the world uses cash in every transactions and in everyday life in restaurants supermarket, and we have to use cash even if we don’t want to.
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:40:24 AM

Well yeah but up until when can this go on? I mean bitcoin is gaining popularity and i think soon governments will start legalizing bitcoin which means that most likely it will be taxable in a way. Though i agree with you, at this moment, doing online jobs releases you from any tax responsibilities which in a lot of countries end up in corrupt people's pockets. I think this is also one thing that makes working onine and transacting through btc is appealing to most of us

"Popularity", "Soon"? You're using those words wrong. Compared to how much followers do Justin Bieber, Kylie Jenner, and Selena Gomez have on Instagram, bitcoin is nothing. I bet that if you make an account about bitcoin on any social networking sites, it wouldn't surpass those people. There are regular people that are even more famous than bitcoins.

If bitcoin is really popular, this forum should be crowded by people and literally every single time you refresh the page, you'll see one new reply somewhere. People are tweeting about "popular" people much more than they post here so I guess that's a good sign that bitcoin is far from being popular.

How did you even come up that the government would legalize bitcoin? Even if the population multiplies by 10, I doubt that the government would bother taking a look at bitcoins, let alone legalizing it.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:38:59 AM

Besides, Bitcoin is an invisible gold and do not be restricted by the customs.

Its invisible because even is untouchables, but the value is like gold that as time goes by the price is increasing because of the demand of the community users by bitcoin together with the business investors.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 09:32:39 AM

"Popularity", "Soon"? You're using those words wrong. Compared to how much followers do Justin Bieber, Kylie Jenner, and Selena Gomez have on Instagram, bitcoin is nothing. I bet that if you make an account about bitcoin on any social networking sites, it wouldn't surpass those people. There are regular people that are even more famous than bitcoins.

If bitcoin is really popular, this forum should be crowded by people and literally every single time you refresh the page, you'll see one new reply somewhere. People are tweeting about "popular" people much more than they post here so I guess that's a good sign that bitcoin is far from being popular.

How did you even come up that the government would legalize bitcoin? Even if the population multiplies by 10, I doubt that the government would bother taking a look at bitcoins, let alone legalizing it.
yes there is no doubt that the population of bitcoin community is still very low, and the reason is that still very little people have very little knowledge about bitcoin. but i also like to tell that we must accept the fact that the bitcoin users are increasing from time time and the ration of the people who accept bitcoin is more that any other currency. and therefore we are hoping that very soon governments will start thinking about the legalization of bitcoin.
Vorth

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 10:13:31 AM

A very good point of OP about bitcoin,
People cannot steal your bitcoin that fast. Investing to bitcoin is really good now because of the great potential of it, since its price still increasing day by day and the tax that the government gets in investing is impossible unlike on cash the more you invest big amount of money the more your tax rate increases, bitcoin is much more advisable then.
And if the bitcoin population grows the more chance of its value increases, unlike in fiat or cash, even if the population of the country grows the more the economic status slower, the cash will not grow its value.
anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 10:14:09 AM

yes there is no doubt that the population of bitcoin community is still very low, and the reason is that still very little people have very little knowledge about bitcoin. but i also like to tell that we must accept the fact that the bitcoin users are increasing from time time and the ration of the people who accept bitcoin is more that any other currency. and therefore we are hoping that very soon governments will start thinking about the legalization of bitcoin.

Government is not going to do anything that will directly support bitcoin or make in popular. It is up to each one of us to promote bitcoin. It can start by accepting some payments in the form of bitcoin. Say if you are owner of a cafe or restaurant or a shop, you can let your customers know that you are accepting bitcoin. Even if nobody pays you in bitcoin, they will still wonder what bitcoin is. This is an effective way to spread the message.

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 10:42:51 PM

The only problem from the taxes each country takes out from the salary if werent being wasted it would be good for the future, something atleast where i live im not see those happening. Bitcoin hasnt any taxe to be paid and this means an huge advantage over fiat, even knowing you cant hide or invest all your fiat at bitcoin, but those tax if invested at bitcoin would allow anybody to make an amazing result.
Erza
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 11:11:08 PM

Government is not going to do anything that will directly support bitcoin or make in popular. It is up to each one of us to promote bitcoin. It can start by accepting some payments in the form of bitcoin. Say if you are owner of a cafe or restaurant or a shop, you can let your customers know that you are accepting bitcoin. Even if nobody pays you in bitcoin, they will still wonder what bitcoin is. This is an effective way to spread the message.

Government want to take control of bitcoin in order to support them, which mean we are no longer can't do anything with it. So every transaction will get taxes which is all money will go to government. May be for developed country you can do that because most of them are using internet daily but for under developed I dont think this thing can be apllied
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: