Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:46:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246114 times)
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 07:58:47 AM

I would like more and more people to be using bitcoin as you don't need to carry it around like regular cash, but it does mean that you need to be more tech savvy than most and teaching the older generations is going to be a tough one.
thats the problem with adoption since more third world country still don't have enough knowledge about this currency so cash will still there option.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 02:33:56 PM

I would like more and more people to be using bitcoin as you don't need to carry it around like regular cash, but it does mean that you need to be more tech savvy than most and teaching the older generations is going to be a tough one.
thats the problem with adoption since more third world country still don't have enough knowledge about this currency so cash will still there option.
I think they have the knowledge already as long as they know how to access the internet. The big problem there is the trust, it is not easy to convince people to use bitcoin and to make this as part of his life.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 02:41:24 PM

Bitcoin is much safer and now also very easy to store. You can be robbed of cash, and that is not okay.
Bitcoin wallets are also excellent to use, and that is also critical for Bitcoin. And it is also free, so that is magnificent.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:54:10 PM

Bitcoin is much safer and now also very easy to store. You can be robbed of cash, and that is not okay.
Bitcoin wallets are also excellent to use, and that is also critical for Bitcoin. And it is also free, so that is magnificent.

The best part of bitcoin is its anonymity, that even if you have millions of dollars no one would even come to know about it unless you tell someone yourself but if you have cash then they can be a threat for you in the world as anyone can try blackmailing you or doing something like that to get your money.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 06:11:58 PM

The best part of bitcoin is its anonymity, that even if you have millions of dollars no one would even come to know about it unless you tell someone yourself but if you have cash then they can be a threat for you in the world as anyone can try blackmailing you or doing something like that to get your money.

Methinks, if you have millions of dollars you could hardly remain anonymous even if you decided to enter Bitcoin with all your money up to the hilt. And it is not so much about keeping anonymity while having thousands of bitcoins, which is debatable itself, as spending these millions of dollars without leaving a trace when buying bitcoins, which is not very likely even if your millions are pure cash.
Maslate

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 01:51:28 AM

Methinks, if you have millions of dollars you could hardly remain anonymous even if you decided to enter Bitcoin with all your money up to the hilt. And it is not so much about keeping anonymity while having thousands of bitcoins, which is debatable itself, as spending these millions of dollars without leaving a trace when buying bitcoins, which is not very likely even if your millions are pure cash.
Actually bitcoin is more favorable to the rich so the government will not notice their spending or transaction using their money, when using cash the eyes of the government from the big spender is very hot due to the tax collectibles, in bitcoin there is no problem as there is no tax at all.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 03:04:50 AM

Actually bitcoin is more favorable to the rich so the government will not notice their spending or transaction using their money, when using cash the eyes of the government from the big spender is very hot due to the tax collectibles, in bitcoin there is no problem as there is no tax at all.
Because they are free to use it in illegal activities or having fun in the internet like gambling, with bitcoin they have more freedom to spend their money in the internet and that's make them more satisfied for having a financial freedom. With bitcoin, there's no limitation at all.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:25:56 AM

Because they are free to use it in illegal activities or having fun in the internet like gambling, with bitcoin they have more freedom to spend their money in the internet and that's make them more satisfied for having a financial freedom. With bitcoin, there's no limitation at all.

I agree. Bitcoin gives alot of freedom compared to using fiat currency. Bitcoin users are more free to move in the internet than using credit cards which can be stolen easily when used online and also you have to disclose your identity. In Bitcoin, you stay anonymous and transactions are not very limited.
alucard23

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 03:32:12 PM

For me, one of the great advantages is that, besides being used as a fast and safe currency, Bitcoin allows to make profit, being somehow a good investment for the long term.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:17:15 PM

Having thousands of bitcoins is not my point, my point is that if you convert the money you have in fiat to bitcoin and keep them in a wallet, even you could use a mixer for not letting anyone get to them and then keep them in a new wallet, how come would someone come to know that those bitcoins belong to you? You dont need to provide any personal information for buying bitcoins these days.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 05:33:17 PM

For me, one of the great advantages is that, besides being used as a fast and safe currency, Bitcoin allows to make profit, being somehow a good investment for the long term.
I think for me bitcoin is still not so safe in my view because i saw many scam site out there and scammers.. because of anonymity but in fast transaction it is a good performance since we can decide if we want fast transaction or with in 25 blocks according to your speed you want..
And the other benefits year it is good for investment for long term since we already experience of price increase..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:42:35 PM

You dont need to provide any personal information for buying bitcoins these days.

I disagree.
Please explain to me how you would go about buying say,
$10,000 worth of Bitcoins right now without providing any personal information on any site.

I would argue that Bitcoin is far from anonymous.
Unless you already have the coins in your possession, and never want to convert them to fiat ever,
at some point you need to tie it to your personal information.

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:54:55 PM

Why have bitcoin instead of real money simply because it is easier to use and more safe than any other bank accounts who steals your money for every transaction plus bitcoin has more value.
Good point that bitcoin is very easier to use for any shopping or for other transaction and i also feel safe and secure with bitcoin and i do not feel worry from thief when i hold my bitcoin in my wallet because bitcoin is very much secure currency than other currency.
BitAlien16

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:27:27 PM

Why have bitcoin instead of real money simply because it is easier to use and more safe than any other bank accounts who steals your money for every transaction plus bitcoin has more value.
Good point that bitcoin is very easier to use for any shopping or for other transaction and i also feel safe and secure with bitcoin and i do not feel worry from thief when i hold my bitcoin in my wallet because bitcoin is very much secure currency than other currency.

that's for sure, not a thief steals your Bitcoin physically. But there is another danger - can in fact crack the wallet. And the worst thing is that the price of Bitcoin may fall.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:42:23 PM

Portability of btc is way better than cash
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:47:36 AM

that's for sure, not a thief steals your Bitcoin physically. But there is another danger - can in fact crack the wallet. And the worst thing is that the price of Bitcoin may fall.
I think bitcoin wallet security is very strong, never heard anyone got hacked yet, and yes bitcoin price may fall but it also has the chances to up, and i don't think fiat value can increase as much as bitcoin can, so bitcoin is better than cash
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:04:11 AM

You dont need to provide any personal information for buying bitcoins these days.

I disagree.
$10,000 worth of Bitcoins right now without providing any personal information on any site.

Unless you already have the coins in your possession, and never want to convert them to fiat ever,

I guess you can do that on localbitcoins.com where you don't need to provide any personal information to the person who sells you his coins, you probably don't need to buy them all at once, buy them in portions.
arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:13:03 PM

I think bitcoin wallet security is very strong, never heard anyone got hacked yet, and yes bitcoin price may fall but it also has the chances to up, and i don't think fiat value can increase as much as bitcoin can, so bitcoin is better than cash

Same thoughts mate. It's very secured they are very strict with their compliance for registering your account information to your wallet before you get your bitcoins and convert it into cash.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
X-ray

Activity: 2870
Merit: 520

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:19:19 PM

I disagree.

I guess you can do that on localbitcoins.com where you don't need to provide any personal information to the person who sells you his coins, you probably don't need to buy them all at once, buy them in portions.
even localbitcoins will require you to do some sort of verification to start to trade,and those sellers in localbitcoins are ain't stupid to accept transaction directly without thinking twice especially if the transaction were involving paypal as the payment method,chargedback feature is really a threat

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:25:12 PM

Portability of btc is way better than cash
Correct, but there is one thing where Bitcoin can't gain an advantage over cash, and that is when it comes to conducting offline transactions.

With Bitcoin you always depend on internet when you want to transact with another person, while you don't need any internet to do the same with cash.

Every cash transaction is between you and the other person. No records or logs are kept which can potentially be used against you.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: