Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:26:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRA] RateCoin | PoS | Unique Generous Rewards | Low Supply Inflation  (Read 75061 times)
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:07:54 AM

Ok I have a big stake in Ratecoin , my contribution , i could organize a profit switching pool that pays out in Ratecoin , unless someone already has it in the works??

I am not sure if anything is in the works at this moment, but I would say go for it! I am not a miner myself, but I am sure some other community member might be interested in pooling up with you.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:10:07 AM

Remy and I (mostly Remy) have successfully found the root of the staking problems. Essentially some bad data type uses in the staking code. A solution will be easy to implement and will require a hard fork.

I think for a coin with a name like "RateCoin" it would be a good idea to have a reward system that pays a higher stake rate the longer you hold the coin. Maybe have a few different brackets for different periods of time. What is everyone's thoughts on such a system? I think it would really set this coin up to be unique.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Coingrab

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Got to get them all!

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:25:23 AM

Remy and I (mostly Remy) have successfully found the root of the staking problems. Essentially some bad data type uses in the staking code. A solution will be easy to implement and will require a hard fork.

I think for a coin with a name like "RateCoin" it would be a good idea to have a reward system that pays a higher stake rate the longer you hold the coin. Maybe have a few different brackets for different periods of time. What is everyone's thoughts on such a system? I think it would really set this coin up to be unique.

+1 it is a great idea and encourages long term staking of the coin which is very healthy for the blockchain network. Hopefully something fairly easy to implement.

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:32:14 AM

I agree, coin should stand by its name. Brackets would be nice, kinda incentive for early adopters.
What if interest rate also went up as diff goes up, but with some inflation controls in place, so even though stakes increase, rates decrease due to high diff. (just thinking out laud Smiley

Also guys, dont just type +1,   your posts will get deleted by forum mods.

Great work presstab and Remy, you did more work in a single day than most devs in weeks/months. And thanks for the Block Explorer (on crack) as well.  http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/XRA

ASICrefugee

Activity: 432

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:53:57 AM

That's a great idea
Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:18:45 AM

+1 very good idea
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:27:05 AM

Great work guys, works perfectly... I'm currently staking with a couple hundred XRA i got from yobit  Grin

wdyer

Activity: 294

Trade or Dyer

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:07:39 AM

Cool takeover. I'm holding some coins good luck  Cool

Altcoin Expert Trader
Remy_5

Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:11:25 AM

Great work presstab and Remy, you did more work in a single day than most devs in weeks/months.

All the credit belong to PressTab, I just stumbled on a.... bug.
 Grin Grin

Bye Bye
YoBit
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1010

★YoBit.Net★

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:01:12 PM

RateCoin wallet updated

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
godda04

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:59:04 PM

Has anyone put themselves forward as being lead dev yet?
Hedgehog01

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:26:06 PM

After seeing what prestab did with hypercoin I vote for him Smiley
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:31:07 PM

Common mistake, HyperStake not HyperCoin Wink

I am willing to help as a interim dev. But would like to find someone that could devote more time to the coin. I will be happy to spend a bit of time to fix all the code and update the wallet a bit, but my primary focus is HYP.

godda04

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:34:08 PM

I am willing to help as a interim dev. But would like to find someone that could devote more time to the coin. I will be happy to spend a bit of time to fix all the code and update the wallet a bit, but my primary focus is HYP.

Kinda glad you've said that, obviously got your priorities in order. Good on ya
Hedgehog01

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:14:22 PM

Oops, sorry about that.

I fully understand the need for full time DEV.

Thanks for any effort and time you can spare.
Joshua kingpin

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:15:09 PM

I sended email to old dev.
I will try to get access to web hosting.... (and link to new thread from the old one)

If he will provide me the access I will share it here.

Nice move on takeover.  I will folow too.
 +1

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Airdrop to BTC holders
Pito001

Activity: 301

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:47:58 PM

Could someone get Bittrex added to listing on coinmarketcap?
Maybe even change the 'discussion' link? add website?

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Scaccomatt0
Legendary

Activity: 1120

https://cryptoworld.io

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 06:53:34 PM

Thanks presstab for the info. Is it possible to have a comparison between old bugged code and new one? Just to understand a little deeper how everything works.

thanks

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
          __███████████████_      █████         █████          █████           █████
       _█████████████████████      █████         █████        █████           █████
     _███████¯¯¯     ¯¯██████       █████         █████      █████           █████
   _██████¯            ¯████¯        █████         █████    █████           █████
  ██████¯                             █████          ██████████            █████
 ██████                               █████          ██████████            █████
 █████                                 █████         ██████████            █████
█████                                  █████          ████████            █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████            █████    
█████                                   █████          ██████          █████    
 █████                                  █████          ██████          █████
 ██████                                 █████          ██████        █████
  ██████_                                █████         ██████        █████
   ¯██████_            _████_            █████        ████████       █████
     ¯███████___     __██████            █████      █████  █████     █████
       ¯█████████████████████             █████    █████    █████   █████
          ¯¯███████████████¯               ████████████      ███████████
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯                      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:14:54 PM

Thanks presstab for the info. Is it possible to have a comparison between old bugged code and new one? Just to understand a little deeper how everything works.

thanks

Yes when I make a commit on github for it, it will lay out exactly what was added, removed, changed, etc in an easy to read format.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:26:39 AM

I would like to propose the following rate schedule:

Code:
	int64_t nRewardCoinYear;
int nTimeDay = 60 * 60 * 24;

if(nAge > nTimeDay * 256)
nRewardCoinYear = 25.6289 * CENT;
else if(nAge > nTimeDay * 128)
nRewardCoinYear = 17.0859 * CENT;
else if(nAge > nTimeDay * 64)
nRewardCoinYear = 11.3906 * CENT;
else if(nAge > nTimeDay * 32)
nRewardCoinYear = 7.5938 * CENT;
else if(nAge > nTimeDay * 16)
nRewardCoinYear = 5.0625 * CENT;
else if(nAge > nTimeDay * 8)
nRewardCoinYear = 3.375 * CENT;
else if(nAge > nTimeDay * 4)
nRewardCoinYear = 2.25 * CENT;
else if(nAge > nTimeDay * 2)
nRewardCoinYear = 1.5 * CENT;
else if(nAge > nTimeDay * 1)
nRewardCoinYear = 1 * CENT;
else
nRewardCoinYear = 0.25 * CENT;

The scheme here is that for each doubling of the time you hold the output before it stakes (ie the "block" of coins) you will receive an extra 1.5 times more in rate paid out. This system will create upwards momentum on price because it encourages long term holding of the coins, which will keep them off of the sell side of the order book. I beleive the numbers could be more aggressive and pay long term holders a bit higher, but have had several people say they want low inflation rates.

I would also like to raise the block target to 3 minutes. This will mean that difficulty will be increased (which will fight off the decrease in difficulty from coins going offline for extended periods) and that the network will be safer. Longer block time also means a lighter weight client that doesn't consume as much resources and won't grow a bloated blockchain as fast.

Edit: I should also mention that I would plan on adding the ability to select an output (coin block) in coin control and tell it to not be eligible to stake for a certain amount of time. So if you wanted to stake some blocks after 2 days and some blocks after 32 days, it would be an easy thing to do.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: