Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRA] RateCoin | PoS | Unique Generous Rewards | Low Supply Inflation  (Read 75065 times)
Scaccomatt0
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

https://cryptoworld.io

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 12:12:46 PM

Just stacking like a champ!

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
          __███████████████_      █████         █████          █████           █████
       _█████████████████████      █████         █████        █████           █████
     _███████¯¯¯     ¯¯██████       █████         █████      █████           █████
   _██████¯            ¯████¯        █████         █████    █████           █████
  ██████¯                             █████          ██████████            █████
 ██████                               █████          ██████████            █████
 █████                                 █████         ██████████            █████
█████                                  █████          ████████            █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████            █████    
█████                                   █████          ██████          █████    
 █████                                  █████          ██████          █████
 ██████                                 █████          ██████        █████
  ██████_                                █████         ██████        █████
   ¯██████_            _████_            █████        ████████       █████
     ¯███████___     __██████            █████      █████  █████     █████
       ¯█████████████████████             █████    █████    █████   █████
          ¯¯███████████████¯               ████████████      ███████████
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯                      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:14:36 PM

I just realized that Bittrex is a few mile away from my house.. I considered driving over there earlier..  Huh Huh

Yup I forgot to tell you its in Vegas Wink

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:30:17 PM

I ran a few quick calculations to see when a certain sized block will pass the minimum stake reward:

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Remy_5

Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:12:42 PM

Hi!

Someone has already broke the 100 XRA minimum wall, two times
in block 114308 and 114303, getting the 3.37% after 9 days.

Just as it should be.  Grin Grin

Bye Bye
Hedgehog01

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:15:48 PM

I ran a few quick calculations to see when a certain sized block will pass the minimum stake reward:

Thanks for the info presstab.
I have my large blocks locked for when it indeed reaches higher values then 100 min reward, and letting the little ones get the min reward Smiley
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:16:35 PM

@Presstab for those of us with larger wallets, is there any reason to not use block sizes of 100,000? What im asking is, is there a reward cap?

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:04:33 PM

@Presstab for those of us with larger wallets, is there any reason to not use block sizes of 100,000? What im asking is, is there a reward cap?

Vegas

There is no reward cap. The question I am still trying to figure out is whether it makes more sense to try to split into lots of blocks and scoop up as many min rewards as you can, or if one big block with the long term brackets is better. Still running some numbers, but I am guess as diff keeps increasing the larger block bigger bracket will be the best bet.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:06:26 PM

Hi!

Bye Bye

Cool Smiley I am happy to see that. I notice number 4 on the richlist is a single block of 3.3 million. This one will be fun to watch Cheesy

Diplo

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:16:14 PM

I'm running the OSX Ratecoin wallet and staking my entire holdings, but I'm trying to understand what you guys mean by optimal block sizes -- splitting or keeping as one big one? Does that mean breaking your XRA into separate wallets for staking or keeping the lump amount in one?  For example, if someone had 200,000 XRA.

If anyone can explain that would be great, thanks!
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:50:32 PM

No all your coins are in 1 wallet , but split into different block sizes using coin control.

http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/how-to-use-coin-control/

Diplo

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:35:45 PM

No all your coins are in 1 wallet , but split into different block sizes using coin control.

http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/how-to-use-coin-control/

Very helpful, thanks!
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:17:08 PM

Maybe I missed it, but what are the future plans of this coin? Any upcoming updates in the (near) future that are worth sharing, or might even attract new investors?
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 10:31:39 PM

Vegas

There is no reward cap. The question I am still trying to figure out is whether it makes more sense to try to split into lots of blocks and scoop up as many min rewards as you can, or if one big block with the long term brackets is better. Still running some numbers, but I am guess as diff keeps increasing the larger block bigger bracket will be the best bet.

Hmmmm.......after looking at the charts you made and thinking about it, I realized there is another interesting twist to the way POS rewards are structured.  Your chosen staking strategy will be more or less successful depending on how many people employ the opposite strategy.

If you decide lots of small blocks is the best strategy, and most stakers do as well, difficulty goes sky high and all of a sudden your little chunks of coins aren't finding many blocks.  If most stakers go the opposite direction and put their coins in large chunks and close their wallet, difficulty plummets and you are raking in the coins.

I'm banking on small blocks though so we will see......errrr....uhhh, wait I MEAN BIG BLOCKS.  EVERYONE SHOULD PUT THEIR COINS INTO ONE LARGE BLOCK, CLOSE THEIR WALLET, AND COME BACK IN 256 DAYS!!!  IT IS CLEARLY THE SUPERIOR OPTION!!!
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 10:38:18 PM

Maybe I missed it, but what are the future plans of this coin? Any upcoming updates in the (near) future that are worth sharing, or might even attract new investors?

It's a functional coin with a unique POS reward system backed by a reliable dev with plenty of experience in the world of POS.  What more do you want?  Stakers can stake it, traders can trade it.

If you are looking for promises of a debit card or backing by gold bullion or some new superior anonymity system, that never materializes anyway, look elsewhere.  What you see is what you get.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 01:20:51 AM

It's a functional coin with a unique POS reward system backed by a reliable dev with plenty of experience in the world of POS.  What more do you want?  Stakers can stake it, traders can trade it.

If you are looking for promises of a debit card or backing by gold bullion or some new superior anonymity system, that never materializes anyway, look elsewhere.  What you see is what you get.

+1000 agreed. The power of this coin is in the skills and trust of this dev.

Vegas

Diplo

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:10:59 AM

It's a functional coin with a unique POS reward system backed by a reliable dev with plenty of experience in the world of POS.  What more do you want?  Stakers can stake it, traders can trade it.

If you are looking for promises of a debit card or backing by gold bullion or some new superior anonymity system, that never materializes anyway, look elsewhere.  What you see is what you get.

Vegas

I see what you guys are saying, and I agree that having Presstab on this project is going to provide substantial advantage vs many other projects. My main question is what are some of the applications this coin could be used for (right now i'm just staking my holdings)? As with any currency, it's inherent value is store of value, or in simpler terms, the value comes from being able to provide a "service" - whatever that may be.  Asides from trading, what else can we as the community do to provide even more value to this currency? If there's a certain direction intended for this coin, what might it be? The near instant transaction time is a solid feature, what else can we look to do with this coin?

Just hoping to start a discussing about this so any and all can chip in  Grin

sputnik1

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:09:11 AM

Hi!

Bye Bye

Cool Smiley I am happy to see that. I notice number 4 on the richlist is a single block of 3.3 million. This one will be fun to watch Cheesy
i know whose the owner Grin Grin Grin

SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 05:27:04 AM

It's a functional coin with a unique POS reward system backed by a reliable dev with plenty of experience in the world of POS.  What more do you want?  Stakers can stake it, traders can trade it.

If you are looking for promises of a debit card or backing by gold bullion or some new superior anonymity system, that never materializes anyway, look elsewhere.  What you see is what you get.

Vegas

I see what you guys are saying, and I agree that having Presstab on this project is going to provide substantial advantage vs many other projects. My main question is what are some of the applications this coin could be used for (right now i'm just staking my holdings)? As with any currency, it's inherent value is store of value, or in simpler terms, the value comes from being able to provide a "service" - whatever that may be.  Asides from trading, what else can we as the community do to provide even more value to this currency? If there's a certain direction intended for this coin, what might it be? The near instant transaction time is a solid feature, what else can we look to do with this coin?

It's a cryptocurrency.  Hopefully some online merchants begin accepting it.  Besides that, it exists to stake, trade, and hopefully hold or ideally rise in value.  It's value comes from the community and backing of a well known altcoin developer.  It isn't an XCP or MAID or NXT or BTS.  It isn't trying to reinvent the wheel.  It doesn't even have near instant transaction times so I don't know where you get that from (pssttt...all decentralized blockchain based ledgers are going to take about an hour to establish a rock solid consensus, block times are irrelevant and no coin has instant transactions).

If you have an idea for a service centered around the coin, let us know but I don't see what else the coin needs right now.
Pito001

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:07:57 AM

Vegas

It's a cryptocurrency.  Hopefully some online merchants begin accepting it.  Besides that, it exists to stake, trade, and hopefully hold or ideally rise in value.  It's value comes from the community and backing of a well known altcoin developer.  It isn't an XCP or MAID or NXT or BTS.  It isn't trying to reinvent the wheel.  It doesn't even have near instant transaction times so I don't know where you get that from (pssttt...all decentralized blockchain based ledgers are going to take about an hour to establish a rock solid consensus, block times are irrelevant and no coin has instant transactions).

If you have an idea for a service centered around the coin, let us know but I don't see what else the coin needs right now.

As a 'technical noob' I must speak from experience that XRA transactions are practically instantaneous. In no case longer than a few minutes. Other than that it basically already has everything others claim to provide  (anonymity, decentralized, secure network,...yada yada) and so much more... Such as a unique POS reward system and awesome community.  Cool

With this amount of attention it's only a matter of time before it's accepted with services accepting altcoin payments wherever BTC is accepted. When prices rise and supply drops the roadmap will build and fund itself instead of making empty promises from scratch. It's basic economics really  Cheesy  Wink

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 03:48:59 PM

As a 'technical noob' I must speak from experience that XRA transactions are practically instantaneous.

We are getting off on a tangent here but XRA is no more 'practically instantaneous' than BTC or any other coin.  This discussion is really not important to XRA though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: