Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:01:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRA] RateCoin | PoS | Unique Generous Rewards | Low Supply Inflation  (Read 75059 times)
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:57:13 PM

Raspberry v2.0.0.3 build added to the release page, thanks Hedgehog01!

https://github.com/presstab/ratecoin/releases/tag/v2.0.0.3

Sweet Banana Pie! 

Thanks Hedgehog01 indeed.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:00:35 PM

Summary

RateCoin (XRA) is designed for long term oriented minters. XRA uses Proof of Stake to secure its blockchain and is designed with long term sustainability as its primary focus. Stake rewards are generous enough to encourage holding and minting of the currency, but are low enough that inflation problems should not emerge. RateCoin gives incentive to long term holders to take coins away from exchanges and stake them long term, in theory this should create an upwards pressure on the exchange rate between XRA and BTC or other currencies.

XRA is also designed to scale long term. Small time intervals between blocks creates blockchain bloat and can lead to a nearly impossible chain to sync after a year or two of operation. Large blockchains take lots of resources such as disk space and memory. RateCoin is designed with a 3 minute block target, meaning that approximately 480 blocks are added to the chain per day, 175,200 per year. Compare this to coins that have a 30 second block time that add 2,880 blocks per day, 1,051,200 blocks per year. The problem is that when a node syncs it has to scan and store every block. It is fairly easy to download the blocks, for example getting them all in a bootstrap.dat file doesn't take too long, the problem is scanning all of the blocks which can take days for certain nodes if the chain is too large. A large chain can prevent an exchange from implementing the coin and can make users hesitant to run the coin. RateCoin is designed to avoid these problems and easily scale over a long period of time.

XRA's Reward System

High Rewards for Long Term Holders: XRA calculates stake rate based on the age of the input that is used in the stake transaction. The reward rate starts at 0.25% for any input that is less than one day old. If the input is over 1 day old the stake rate bumps up to 1%. For every doubling of days the stake rate moves up by 1.5 times (up to the top bracket of 25.6289% after 256 days).

Minimum rewards given to ensure the network remains competitive: If XRA only gave generous rewards to those that lock away their coins for long periods of time, the network difficulty would be very low and there would not be enough available outputs to stake to keep the blockchain moving. For this reason XRA gives a minimum reward of 100 XRA to any stake input no matter what the size. This means that if you are able to stake an input of 100 XRA, you will get a reward that doubles your input. On the other hand if your input is old and large enough it will well exceed the minimum reward and default to the normal age based rate brackets.

I added a new write up to the OP for anyone having a bit of trouble understanding the concept behind XRA.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:51:42 PM

Summary

RateCoin (XRA) is designed for long term oriented minters. XRA uses Proof of Stake to secure its blockchain and is designed with long term sustainability as its primary focus. Stake rewards are generous enough to encourage holding and minting of the currency, but are low enough that inflation problems should not emerge. RateCoin gives incentive to long term holders to take coins away from exchanges and stake them long term, in theory this should create an upwards pressure on the exchange rate between XRA and BTC or other currencies.

XRA is also designed to scale long term. Small time intervals between blocks creates blockchain bloat and can lead to a nearly impossible chain to sync after a year or two of operation. Large blockchains take lots of resources such as disk space and memory. RateCoin is designed with a 3 minute block target, meaning that approximately 480 blocks are added to the chain per day, 175,200 per year. Compare this to coins that have a 30 second block time that add 2,880 blocks per day, 1,051,200 blocks per year. The problem is that when a node syncs it has to scan and store every block. It is fairly easy to download the blocks, for example getting them all in a bootstrap.dat file doesn't take too long, the problem is scanning all of the blocks which can take days for certain nodes if the chain is too large. A large chain can prevent an exchange from implementing the coin and can make users hesitant to run the coin. RateCoin is designed to avoid these problems and easily scale over a long period of time.

XRA's Reward System

High Rewards for Long Term Holders: XRA calculates stake rate based on the age of the input that is used in the stake transaction. The reward rate starts at 0.25% for any input that is less than one day old. If the input is over 1 day old the stake rate bumps up to 1%. For every doubling of days the stake rate moves up by 1.5 times (up to the top bracket of 25.6289% after 256 days).

Minimum rewards given to ensure the network remains competitive: If XRA only gave generous rewards to those that lock away their coins for long periods of time, the network difficulty would be very low and there would not be enough available outputs to stake to keep the blockchain moving. For this reason XRA gives a minimum reward of 100 XRA to any stake input no matter what the size. This means that if you are able to stake an input of 100 XRA, you will get a reward that doubles your input. On the other hand if your input is old and large enough it will well exceed the minimum reward and default to the normal age based rate brackets.

I added a new write up to the OP for anyone having a bit of trouble understanding the concept behind XRA.
  Very nice write up Presstab.
Hedgehog01

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:24:08 AM

Summary

XRA's Reward System

Very nice write up Presstab.

Yup!
Sounds good to me Smiley
Fishmaster42

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:05:07 PM

Even with the current sell off of BTC, Rate coin all chart is one of the best out I ve seen.             http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ratecoin/   Our social networking has gone down a bit although we don't have any type of campaign in the past many of us were in the chat rooms and telling friends about XRA. Lets keep that up now that btc has dropped a little and the price is still very low for XRA. Perfect time to get in.   Cheesy
Scaccomatt0
Legendary

Activity: 1120

https://cryptoworld.io

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 05:05:54 PM

Today I staked really fine  Wink

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
          __███████████████_      █████         █████          █████           █████
       _█████████████████████      █████         █████        █████           █████
     _███████¯¯¯     ¯¯██████       █████         █████      █████           █████
   _██████¯            ¯████¯        █████         █████    █████           █████
  ██████¯                             █████          ██████████            █████
 ██████                               █████          ██████████            █████
 █████                                 █████         ██████████            █████
█████                                  █████          ████████            █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████            █████    
█████                                   █████          ██████          █████    
 █████                                  █████          ██████          █████
 ██████                                 █████          ██████        █████
  ██████_                                █████         ██████        █████
   ¯██████_            _████_            █████        ████████       █████
     ¯███████___     __██████            █████      █████  █████     █████
       ¯█████████████████████             █████    █████    █████   █████
          ¯¯███████████████¯               ████████████      ███████████
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯                      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:13:12 PM

Here is an example of the mint reward you could get if you locked 500,000 XRA (~0.88 btc) away for an extended period of time with the intention of moving higher up the rate brackets

Over 89,000 reward after 256 days!!

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
HORT

Activity: 508

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:38:08 PM

Here is an example of the mint reward you could get if you locked 500,000 XRA (~0.88 btc) away for an extended period of time with the intention of moving higher up the rate brackets

Quite nice. I am trying the other way with numerous stakes as per below.

500 X 5k blocks
10 stakes per day = 1000 X 30 days/month = 30,000/month
256 days = 8.5 months
8.5 months X 30,000 = 255,000

89,000 vs. 255,000

This of course relies on staking 10X/day which is always a gamble, but you get the idea.

Anyone else have a system??
Scaccomatt0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 06:55:54 PM

Quite nice. I am trying the other way with numerous stakes as per below.

500 X 5k blocks
10 stakes per day = 1000 X 30 days/month = 30,000/month
256 days = 8.5 months
8.5 months X 30,000 = 255,000

89,000 vs. 255,000

This of course relies on staking 10X/day which is always a gamble, but you get the idea.

Anyone else have a system??
It's the same topic I posted in the chatroom  Wink

The other factor is the POS difficulty http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/XRA/charts.php?type=posdifficulty

Maybe in one month you get 1000 stake, then in 2.5 month another 1000 stake and finally in the last 5 months other 1000 stake = 90000 rewards ~ locking the wallet.

Let's see how the stake and pos evolves.

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
Fishmaster42

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:39:14 PM

This is one of the things I like so much about Rate coin the way it forces you into the bowels of the wallet. I been looking in there the last few days locking some of my big stakes and letting all the small ones mint away for me. So i guess I have the two part strategy going on. I appreciate all the help from Presstab and Kushed and Scacco explaining all this to me. Fish 
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:53:09 PM

Is there anyway to know in the Network how many total coins are locked for staking and for how long? What is the current stake weight? Thanks guys  Smiley
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:13:56 PM

Is there anyway to know in the Network how many total coins are locked for staking and for how long? What is the current stake weight? Thanks guys  Smiley

There isn't a way to know such a thing. You can look at a wallet on the richlist and see if its been a while since it has staked and try to do some math, but thats just guess work.

You can see the average weight that is staked by going to xra.presstab.pw and looking at the weight chart upfront. The 'Network Stake Weight' number in the wallet is just a silly estimate and that is true for all PoS wallets.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 12:55:09 AM

I finally devoted some time to expanding the charting ability on presstab.pw!!

I will probably make this live tomorrow after some more testing to make sure it won't segfault anything, but I added the ability to select a block range you want to see for you charts Smiley

Here is a chart of PoS difficulty since the fork Cheesy

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:13:52 AM

I will probably make this live tomorrow after some more testing to make sure it won't segfault anything, but I added the ability to select a block range you want to see for you charts Smiley

oooOOOOooooo. is that where you have been hiding all night?

lookin good sir.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 04:27:13 AM

its always interesting to have your coins and like always you never stopped to amaze community with your continuous support and dedication

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:54:13 AM

Freaking awesome, been looking forward to this addition. I am hooked on this Block Explorer, any team/dev/user that takes staking seriously should have their coin added, sure helps make better decisions on block sizes,  can't go back to the old block explorers after this.  

Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 06:14:16 AM

Nice work presstab! Smiley
Scaccomatt0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 10:01:20 AM

difficulty is increasing, I think little blocks (100-1000) are gonna take more and more time. I see a 1000coins block stake in ~40 days

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 06:28:00 PM

Keep up the great work with XRA!
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 06:30:58 PM

So when I hit 128-256 Days Age: 17.0859%  is that per day I am getting 17%?Huh

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: