Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:15:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unitus (UIS) - Superior Blockchain Technology: 1st Multi-Algo Merge-Mined  (Read 68102 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:50:30 PM

What is the point of burning UNITUS for BAAR?

For one thing, people who held UIS after our burn lost most of their money.  People who burned their UIS for BARR did not lose their money.

So that's one good reason, since the price of BARR has gone up and the price of Unitus has drastically dropped to 8 satoshis.

Another reason would be liquidity, since the price of UIS would instantly be at 1 satoshi, and then soon 0, if anyone wants to sell more than .12 BTC worth.  People have been able to sell a lot more than that after they swapped their coins to BARR, and BARR currently has over $800 worth of buy orders on the market.

Another thing is that Unitus depended on Poloniex, and was left with no way to trade when Poloniex delisted it.  Now it's depending on Cryptopia.  BARR can never be delisted from the decentralized NXT asset exchange, and so people who burned their UIS for BARR are now holding a more decentralized cryptocurrency.

BARR also has the full strength and security of the NXT network, with hundreds of active peers. 

Unitus has forked and stopped working, although the dev did quickly fix those problems.  BARR has not had those problems, and BARR doesn't have a coinstealer virus alert either.

So those are some reasons why 46% of all existing UIS coins were burned for BARR.

We burned over 17 Million UIS, and we exchanged them at a value of about 320 satoshis per UIS.  That means UIS holders who swapped for BARR got about 54 bitcoins worth of BARR for their UIS.  Right now, the entire marketcap - all remaining UIS in circulation - is less than 2 bitcoins. 

I hope your investments work out for you, but the fact is that not one person in the world is currently willingly to offer even 10 satoshis for UIS.  BARR paid 32 times more than that. 

Actually Conqueror just willingly offered (and purchased) a pretty large stash of UIS for more than 10 sat.
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 04:03:06 PM

Actually Conqueror just willingly offered (and purchased) a pretty large stash of UIS for more than 10 sat.

That's right, and there is no person in the world who is currently offering 10 satoshis for UIS.

So he is currently unable to sell his UIS without taking a heavy loss.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:06:17 PM

That's right, and there is no person in the world who is currently offering 10 satoshis for UIS.

So he is currently unable to sell his UIS without taking a heavy loss.

I have bigger plans for UNITUS than selling for a loss  Wink
Let me buy some more...
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:07:00 PM

I have bigger plans for UNITUS than selling for a loss...

Care to share?
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:13:32 PM

Care to share?

You will be among the first to know, I promise.
Now I need to talk with the dev first.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:31:43 PM

Care to share?

You will be among the first to know, I promise.
Now I need to talk with the dev first.

He is fairly active on Reddit as /u/nzsquirrell in /r/Myriadcoin.
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:24:48 PM

Oh my God! Buying UNITUS was biggest mistake of my life.
I have no other option than to dump all for big loss  Cry  Cry  Cry
Just as Baar guy prophet told me!

Or not?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:44:36 PM

Or not?

Lol that was quick, and you must be living a pretty mistake free life if your biggest one only cost you $50 or whatever.
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 08:08:58 PM

Or not?

Lol that was quick, and you must be living a pretty mistake free life if your biggest one only cost you $50 or whatever.

I will never recover from this terrible tragedy. With no other option than sell all 3M coins you better
sell yours while the buy orderbook exist. Sell... c'mon....
I said sell!!
Why is nobody selling???
Damm

Cry  Wink
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 09:39:39 PM

UNITUS looking good today... that was not me !! Smiley

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:27:11 PM

RT please  Wink

https://twitter.com/mirraxFTC/status/722541168316297217
Arkh

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:22:21 PM

Hey guys,

I got a few question about mining ( real newbie in the field ) and would love if you could help me with that.

1. I feel  like solo mining is best compared to pooling, I have a pretty powerful rig, but I would like to know if that's actually the case ? If a pool is better why ? Any recommendations Smiley

2. I don't understand the multi-algo thing, from the UIS doc I understand that there are 5 algo for block generation, each algo generate a block every 5 min. Does that mean that if I mine only on Qubit in the best case scenario I'd mine a block every 5 mins ?
Because Qubit is the most worth it algo for my rig...

Basically what would be the ccminer command line to run the multi algo ? I'm confused because I just input "-a name_algo" in the command line.

3. Do you mine more UIS if you do direct mining compared to merged mining ? If it's the same amount then what shall I merge mine and do you have a tuto / advice to get set up ?

4. When I try to mine on lyra2 with ccminer I get a really low hahsrate : http://imgur.com/tKFm2kI

I also believe my command is wrong, I changed the port in the .conf to 10000, I tried 50604 aswell. But as an example after a bunch of hours of mining I had no accepted block.

5. I believe that when you mine the payout are sent to your node address but just to make sure there is no need to add an address in the .conf file right ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:42:08 PM

Hey guys,

I got a few question about mining ( real newbie in the field ) and would love if you could help me with that.

1. I feel  like solo mining is best compared to pooling, I have a pretty powerful rig, but I would like to know if that's actually the case ? If a pool is better why ? Any recommendations Smiley

2. I don't understand the multi-algo thing, from the UIS doc I understand that there are 5 algo for block generation, each algo generate a block every 5 min. Does that mean that if I mine only on Qubit in the best case scenario I'd mine a block every 5 mins ?

Basically what would be the ccminer command line to run the multi algo ? I'm confused because I just input "-a name_algo" in the command line.

3. Do you mine more UIS if you do direct mining compared to merged mining ? If it's the same amount then what shall I merge mine and do you have a tuto / advice to get set up ?

4. When I try to mine on lyra2 with ccminer I get a really low hahsrate : http://imgur.com/tKFm2kI

I also believe my command is wrong, I changed the port in the .conf to 10000, I tried 50604 aswell. But as an example after a bunch of hours of mining I had no accepted block.

5. I believe that when you mine the payout are sent to your node address but just to make sure there is no need to add an address in the .conf file right ?

Hello Arkh Smiley
I am not much into mining, but maybe somebody will help you here!
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:52:42 PM

Hey guys,

If you want to solo, it's easiest to run your own p2pool node, it's just easier to merge mine that way. For instance, I mine myriad on qubit algo on a p2pool node I run, and then solo merge mine unitus at the same time. Or you could run a vertcoin p2pool node and solo mine on lyra2re2 algo.

Ccminer command will be the same as normal, just set algo, but you also have to set the algo in the unitus conf file to tell the daemon what algo you want to mine.

It's the same amount. Definitely merge mine. I'd recommend myriad or vert, digibyte is another option. Look for tutorials on setting up your own p2pool node and merge mining.

Make sure you're on correct/latest ccminer for lyra2, there were several versions of that algo.

No need for address in conf (but I think you do specify for p2pool).

I'm not at home or on a real computer right now, but let me know if you can't figure it out and I can help more when I get home this weekend.
Arkh

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:38:40 PM

If you want to solo, it's easiest to run your own p2pool node, it's just easier to merge mine that way. For instance, I mine myriad on qubit algo on a p2pool node I run, and then solo merge mine unitus at the same time. Or you could run a vertcoin p2pool node and solo mine on lyra2re2 algo.

Ccminer command will be the same as normal, just set algo, but you also have to set the algo in the unitus conf file to tell the daemon what algo you want to mine.

It's the same amount. Definitely merge mine. I'd recommend myriad or vert, digibyte is another option. Look for tutorials on setting up your own p2pool node and merge mining.

Make sure you're on correct/latest ccminer for lyra2, there were several versions of that algo.

No need for address in conf (but I think you do specify for p2pool).

I'm not at home or on a real computer right now, but let me know if you can't figure it out and I can help more when I get home this weekend.

Thank you for your helpful answer. I'll start to look into all that tomorrow but I'll definitely PM you during the week end with my questions  Smiley

Can I find the unitus conf file in the p2pool documentation or does someone have one for me so I can compare with mine ?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:51:34 PM

I can send you my conf file on Saturday or Sunday, and p2pool bat/sh file. It's kinda tricky to do on Windows, cause you have to build hash thingy for Python using msys or something. Vert has a pretty good guide on GitHub:
https://github.com/metalicjames/p2pool-Lyra2RE/blob/master/README.md
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:43:18 PM

Hello!

I created slack channel for discussing anything UNITUS related.
I have some friends who are interested, so why not just meet in one room?
It will be more effective than talking with each person separately.

If you are interested in joining, please PM me your email and I will send you invite link.

Smiley
androidcryptogames

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 12:10:23 AM

Hi!
Nice to see revived community!
I plan to create Android game + mobile wallet.
You must select the game.
What do you like?
Backgammon, Billiards, Race, Tetris, Arkanoid ...
Example of our work:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vasilkoff.wallet_bela

〲 Android promo games  - Best faucet!                                                 
Android Wallet Developer
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:11:32 AM

* jwinterm votes for arkanoid
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:31:36 AM

Hi!
Nice to see revived community!
I plan to create Android game + mobile wallet.
You must select the game.
What do you like?
Backgammon, Billiards, Race, Tetris, Arkanoid ...
Example of our work:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vasilkoff.wallet_bela

Hey! That is great.
Lets discuss the details in Slack
(I want early investors to benefit the most...)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: