Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:51:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EskimoBob is a scammer, witness reports inside  (Read 9008 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:01:04 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 04:30:27 PM by usagi

closed by Maged.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:04:13 PM

I witnessed the above IRC log. I will testify to its honesty.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:11:03 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2012, 08:24:09 AM by EskimoBob

Usagi, you have completely lost it. This is borderline sad.

You did the trade, I received the coin and you got the shares. So what are you accusing me of? You told me I have 2 h, I asked you why not do it in minutes. blaa blaa blaa.
Are you mad at me for posting the number of shares in your portfolios why you promised to start aggressive buyback?
What exactly?

EDIT: After reading 4 pages of usagis absurd accusations, I still can not find any evidence of me being a scammer. He thinks that his hysterical rants in IRC are some type of contracts. I personally do not think so.
I also posted our chat log of him attempting to get me involve in something I consider disgusting - help usagi to spam the forum and troll his competitors. I told him "NO".
He has also loaded the BMF portfolio with questionable investments like DMC, OBSI.HRPT and NYAN.

Edit: 29.09.2012 I guess You do not have to read through 7 pages:

Maged writes:

(edit: emphasis by me) After much back and forth, I feel that I've come to a reasonable decision: EskimoBob will not be getting a scammer tag for this issue, at least from me. There are a few key reasons for this:

1) I feel that there are too many unknown in this case, in both the agreement and in usagi's actions. I cannot support giving someone the scammer tag if I'm not 100% sure.

2) I agree with this judgement:
I side with Bob, simply because I find the literal idea of buying silence ... I don't know the words, but I do not like it.
If that part of the deal was fairly assigned value, then I think he should send that part back and be done with it.
The issue with assigning a value to the silence part, would be assuming Bob took it as payment for that in the first place.

Would I have been an observer in the live chat, I would have assumed Usagi was overpaying, and doing so to shut Bob up, but not in the literal sense of a scammer tag, more in the line of, "the customer is always right, heres your refund, get out of my store... I have better things to do" you know, like most retail places will "shut you up" should you be unhappy and loud.
With the silence part not being absolutely clear, it's hard to know whether the difference in the market price vs what was offered was just a goodwill concession or not.
It is legal (though probably not constitutional) in the USA to pay off for silence (and it's done all of the time), but the contracts to do so are much more detailed and specific than the simple condition expressed in the forum.  If you really wanted to buy his silence, you should have drafted a real contract and NDA, properly negotiated the terms, signed and notarized.

If you really wanted to stick it to him, you could file in small claims court against him.  The likelihood of him showing up is small and you could probably get a default judgement in your favor without ever having to argue the details of the contract.  But my recommendation, even though you didn't specifically ask it of me... just write it up to a life lesson, refuse his business in the future and move on. 
Again, I agree with this.

Maged, you made two important questions to EskimoBob and he was not able to answer either. Instead of EskimoBob providing a coherent answer explaining how much the shares should worth if the "absurd demands" were not included, EskimoBob decided to play the victim and write off misleading statements. EskimoBob sold back to Usagi the shares above the market price under certain conditions and now EskimoBob is afraid to return the difference. Thus, EskimoBob is trying to evade your judgement since you have already indicated that EskimoBob was overpaid by Usagi.
No, he answered the questions very well, in my opinion.

3) It is very clear that usagi has been posting misleading statements. It may not be enough for a scammer tag, but it's pretty damn close.

Neither side in this case has been particularly blamless, but I don't feel that anybody has acted in a manner befitting of a scammer tag. I'd like to give my thanks for all of the people who gave their opinions

I appologize if this post isn't up to my usual standards in it's explaination, but I was highly distracted while writing it. Rest assured, however, that I was not distracted when I made my decision.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:25:26 PM

So... you pay people to stop being mean to you, and you're surprised when it doesn't work?

It's contract law. I'm sure this would hold up in court.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:29:24 PM

Today in IRC EskimoBob was being an especially annoying jerk to me, he wouldn't stop calling me a liar and a theif nor would he explain why he kept saying that. It eventually came out that it was over 10 shares of BMF which he bought for .52 BTC each losing value 2 or 3 days later.

In order to get him to shut up, I offered to buy the shares back from him. he was a total jerk about it and refused to trust me, so Luceo was brought in as arbiter.

Everyone on IRC at the time in #bitcoin-assets saw him agree to the terms. He would stop talking shit about me and my companies. You know, going on and on about how I am a liar, thief, scammer, that everything I run is a turd, and in general just being a jerk. People who witnessed this include Obsi, gigavps, luceo, MoneyIsDebt and others. I paid Luceo 2btc for the escrow. Everyone saw him agree to the terms. He was warned and agreed several times over that he would get a scammer tag if he broke his word.

Almost immediately he posted some "where there's smoke there's fire" FUD on the "Enough is Enough" thread on the Securities forum. he continued to talk crap about me in IRC behind my back for hours while I was AFK. Now I hear this:

<EskimoBob> so we have Diablo-D3 and usagi now jerking each other off? Wow, which one holds the biscuit? Did I understand it correctly, usagi got the asicminer shares form the fool Diablo-D3?
<usagi> No
<EskimoBob> what a clusterfuck is this going to be...
<usagi> I got 4200 shares
<usagi> Someone else got 14,500
<usagi> Anyways
<EskimoBob> wow, the village idiot got ripped off? That's so sad ... lol
<usagi> I'm going to report you as a scammer now
<EskimoBob> be my guest asshat usagi
<usagi> You were warned to stop talking shit about me
<EskimoBob> are you going to blame me for your fuckups?
<Doffx> I'm confused how would EskimoBob be a scammer did I miss a post?

Well Doffx to answer your question, here's the post.

This is very clear cut. Multiple witnesses. BTC involved on an OTC transaction. Ratings entered. Scammer agreed to get tag. I have full logs which will be provided to Theymos upon request. Please do something about this jerkoff. I am not an admin but honestly, I feel he deserves it.

There. I've said my peace. Thank you for the opportunity.

Here is the log, how all got started:
EskimoBob       usagi: how did you manage to fuck up the DMC dividends so bad? just few days ago you told me you will have good news < THE QUESTION
EskimoBob       not DMC
EskimoBob       BFM
usagi   DMC?
usagi   You mean BMF
EskimoBob       yes BFM
usagi   Did you read the letter to shareholders?
usagi   Did you read the last 2 motions?
usagi   Cuz they were passed with like 99%
usagi   I also explained what was going on in the letter to shareholders
usagi   I wouldn't mind answering questions but there is published disclosure on all of this out there already.
EskimoBob       i am not talking about the letter. I am talking about you telling me how you have good news blaa blaa blaa and then you sold me some of that shit
@assbot [GLBSE] [OBSI.HRPT] 25 @ 0.067 = 1.675 BTC [-]
usagi   HuhHuh
usagi   Not sure what you mean
EskimoBob       you are liar and a asshole usagi
usagi   Really... can you provide some context?
usagi   Stop being a fucktard
usagi   And explain what the fuck you're on about now, seriously
EskimoBob       read your own logs you miserable cunt
usagi   BZZT
usagi   I'm right here and I'm willing to answer your questions
usagi   And you're being a dick. usagi 1 eb 0
EskimoBob       ?
usagi   Let's try this again. You ask me a question and I will answer it. (edit: really?)
usagi   I'm right here. Pitch me your question. (edit: really?)
EskimoBob       I did ask you a question.
usagi   But I do not understand what you are talking about. Are you saying I said there would be good news in the shareholder letter? I am not familiar with this$ (edit: really?)
usagi   You know not everyone is a fking mind reader dude... just a minute
about 3 min later he knows exactly wtf I am talking about and makes me a offer to buy back BFM
(about 5 min of yelling an calling me a scammer, because I called him a liar)
Actually he wanted to buy back 100 shares because someone else had listened that same crap and bought shares.
One more interesting bit of information. This "I have good news" and share selling was going on while usagi started the "aggressive buy back"

Clusterfuck indeed.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 08:20:23 PM

Scammer label for being a jerk?

This is not the forum for personal drama. This here is serious business.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 08:24:13 PM

Lol what sort of immature bullshit is this?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:06:53 PM

To those saying he shouldn't get a scammer label for being a jerk, the fact is that he sold his silence. An integral part of usagi's offer to rebuy these shares at way above market rate was that EskimoBob would stop talking shit about usagi and his businesses.

If EskimoBob didn't agree to those terms, he didn't have to accept the agreement. He sold his silence, and now he's not keeping to that. In essence he has failed to deliver a service he offered.

I escrowed the BTC payment for this trade and saw the whole thing go down. EskimoBob agreed to keep quiet about usagi and usagi's companies as an integral part of this agreement, and has continued talking shit, thus is in violation of that contract.

I think a scammer tag is warranted.

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:16:44 PM

To those saying he shouldn't get a scammer label for being a jerk, the fact is that he sold his silence. An integral part of usagi's offer to rebuy these shares at way above market rate was that EskimoBob would stop talking shit about usagi and his businesses.

If EskimoBob didn't agree to those terms, he didn't have to accept the agreement. He sold his silence, and now he's not keeping to that. In essence he has failed to deliver a service he offered.

I escrowed the BTC payment for this trade and saw the whole thing go down. EskimoBob agreed to keep quiet about usagi and usagi's companies as an integral part of this agreement, and has continued talking shit, thus is in violation of that contract.

I think a scammer tag is warranted.

Oh, well that makes it at least interesting. Thanks for letting us know what was going on.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:17:43 PM

LOL.

If this continues with that speed 50% of the forum members will be labelled scammers within the next 3 Month.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:19:29 PM

I'm not seeing a contract...

Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 09:40:19 PM

LOL.

If this continues with that speed 50% of the forum members will be labelled scammers within the next 3 Month.

Akka, you're a ruddy git.

Give me 10 btc or I'll... call you a ruddy git again.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:47:13 PM

I'm not seeing a contract...

To be fair that is not really valid. Many people have been marked scammers when no contracts were involved.

I'm not saying he should get a tag or not, but cuz of no contract is well kinda lame.
Contracts do not have to be a piece of paper. What I'm saying is that I'm not seeing the actual agreement that was made. All I see is what happened before and after the agreement.

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 10:04:39 PM

All I know is that I have not scammed him nor anyone else. Yes, Usagi scammed me, when he told me lies to sell me some of the shares.
I have no idea what is the contract my delusional friend Usagi is speaking about.

But... can I have some of that stuff you guys are smoking? Sounds like a lot of fun. LOL

BTW, usagi got really mad at me because I posted this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110350.msg1204234#msg1204234
...contract you can really smoke Wink

Fjordbit

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 11:20:06 PM

All I know is that I have not scammed him nor anyone else. Yes, Usagi scammed me, when he told me lies to sell me some of the shares.
I have no idea what is the contract my delusional friend Usagi is speaking about.

But... can I have some of that stuff you guys are smoking? Sounds like a lot of fun. LOL

BTW, usagi got really mad at me because I posted this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110350.msg1204234#msg1204234
...contract you can really smoke Wink

You two need to get a room.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:32:26 AM

Nobody else's comments could possibly damage usagi's credibility and "reputation" as much as his own.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:44:04 PM

I was waiting for this. A contract will now be provided in the form of an abridged & annotated IRC log, and a full IRC log. Let's move this along, thanks Maged. Everyone who was there is a witness. (Edit: Luceo spoke up here on the forums, gigavps and Diablo (who is also a forum mod) was there and saw everything and understood what the deal was about.)

I don't see a breach of contract.
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:47:52 PM

Nobody else's comments could possibly damage usagi's credibility and "reputation" as much as his own.

Oh yeah. this for sure.

"reputation" reputation as con-artist and shell game operator? lol.

vampire

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:48:11 PM

Breach would be if he did not STFU?  That should be easy to prove right?

That isn't breach, anyone who thinks that he needs to STFU is very silly. Read the constitution, contracts cannot supersede any law.

vampire

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:55:42 PM

Just read the constitution (I assume you mean of Thailand cuz that is where I am) and I don't see what you are talking about...

Section 29: Restriction of such rights and liberties as recognized by the Constitution shall not be imposed on a person except by virtue of provisions of the law which must not affect the essential substances of such rights and liberties.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: