Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:56:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we limit the number of active loans per user?
No. As long as he is paying.
Yes, max 1 active loan per user.
Yes, max 2 active loans per user.
Yes, max 3 active loans per user.
Yes, max 5 active loans per user.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTCJam - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending  (Read 204914 times)
BTCGolddigger

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:31:26 PM

BTCJam.  What the hell.

I have sign up 3 months ago I did the Verified stuff. I am still waiting to get approved so I can get the loan that I need. I have been emailing them can get nothing at all.
I don't know what to do. 

I here all the time that BTCJam is the best way to get a loan. I am have a bad feeling about that.   

Is there anyone can help me with is. 

No, I doubt it, maybe sometimes they stop by, but yes, they selectively reply to support tickets as they see fit.. 

BTCJam is also one of the easiest ways to scam, so personally, I'm glad they are lame on their support for future borrowers. Not saying you're a scammer, but there are just too many running confidence/reputation scams on that site. Tongue

So what the Best website to get a loan from.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mediator
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:04:11 PM

You can try loanbase.com I use two sites it BTCjam and Loanbase, lending and borrowing activity was more active in Loanbase
please compare for yourself
6strings

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 04:21:43 PM

You can try loanbase.com I use two sites it BTCjam and Loanbase, lending and borrowing activity was more active in Loanbase

I may have to give loanbase a try. It sees BTCJAM is taking its sweet time to approve my loan. Usually they are lightening fast but lately they have been slow as a dog shitting frozen molasses.
Typically I would received responses sometimes within mins. Now its taking days, or possibly long as I have yet to receive a response whatsoever....
MadeinCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:03:38 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 05:01:23 AM by MadeinCoin

Hi friend, My friend and I received this email from BTCjam "BTCjam Loan Arbitration Awards" I'm sure you also receive the same email
I do not understand the explanation in an email if you understand the contents of the email please explain to me more simply and what should I do.
I will be grateful and appreciate every effort  Smiley  Email = > http://imgur.com/7FCVfn0

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

To: net-ARB Arbitration Clients referred by BTCjam

FEBRUARY ARBITRATION AWARDS
Please be on notice that as a result of recent positions taken by BTCjam to hinder the enforcement of arbitration awards, net-ARB will no longer provide arbitration for BTCjam loans. In addition, circumstances demand that arbitration awards dated on or after February 1, 2016 be hereby vacated.

AWARDS ISSUED PRIOR TO FEBRUARY 1, 2016
Awards received prior to February 1 remain valid and enforceable. www.enforcemyarbitrationaward.com offers a unique crowdfunding approach to enforcing P2P loans by sharing the cost proportionally among the investors.

We regret this action became necessary and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

net-ARB Support
www.net-ARB.com
Online Arbitration
AlexC

Activity: 118

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 08:21:11 AM

I may have to give loanbase a try. It sees BTCJAM is taking its sweet time to approve my loan. Usually they are lightening fast but lately they have been slow as a dog shitting frozen molasses.
Typically I would received responses sometimes within mins. Now its taking days, or possibly long as I have yet to receive a response whatsoever....

You could also give btcpop a go.

btiAndy

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:49:59 PM

Hi friend, My friend and I received this email from BTCjam "BTCjam Loan Arbitration Awards" I'm sure you also receive the same email
I do not understand the explanation in an email if you understand the contents of the email please explain to me more simply and what should I do.
I will be grateful and appreciate every effort  Smiley  Email = > http://imgur.com/7FCVfn0

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Please be on notice that as a result of recent positions taken by BTCjam to hinder the enforcement of arbitration awards, net-ARB will no longer provide arbitration for BTCjam loans. In addition, circumstances demand that arbitration awards dated on or after February 1, 2016 be hereby vacated.

Awards received prior to February 1 remain valid and enforceable. www.enforcemyarbitrationaward.com offers a unique crowdfunding approach to enforcing P2P loans by sharing the cost proportionally among the investors.

We regret this action became necessary and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

net-ARB Support
www.net-ARB.com
Online Arbitration

OK...this is a very strange notice, have not heard of this from BTCJam support at all. What exactly does this mean for future default situations moving forward?

BTC Jam appears to be having troubles recently in managing their customer service standards (lots of members are complaining about the inability to post loans, long response times to questions, etc...) As I am writing this the website has been down for a good 30 minutes...hope this does not indicate a bigger problem is looming!
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 07:28:41 PM

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Best regards,

net-ARB Support
www.net-ARB.com
Online Arbitration

OK...this is a very strange notice, have not heard of this from BTCJam support at all. What exactly does this mean for future default situations moving forward?

BTC Jam appears to be having troubles recently in managing their customer service standards (lots of members are complaining about the inability to post loans, long response times to questions, etc...) As I am writing this the website has been down for a good 30 minutes...hope this does not indicate a bigger problem is looming!
BTCJam is the worst way to lend money in the world. They're even worse than money mart. I've heard of too many stories of people getting ripped off. I built a skeleton of my own lending site at http://cake-twmd.rhcloud.com. I intend to have very strict rules for those wanting to borrow money. The internet is a great way to be scammed.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:12:33 PM

Snipped -> all words this user ^^^^ didn't understand.

Well, if you understand that you will never invest or borrow, why did you in the first place open the account and deposit 5 USD?
You thought you would and now you fear you'll lose your 5$?
Funny, isn't it?
You should stop bragging and shouldn't discourage the usage of it unless you have tried it itself.

Hey moron, read the whole thread before spouting off - he didn't invest anything, he opened an account, then read the TOS.

He's not even bragging, did you forget your meds? Jesus, the quality of posts is going out the window as of late, noone bothers to read shit, they just thread crap everywhere. Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
btiAndy

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 12:30:43 AM

Woud like to hear from others on this topic...from what I have heard it appears that BTC Jam is withdrawing from the US market...not accepting any new loans from US users though they claim that all existing loans will continue to be serviced. How is this possible? Do they still intend to enforce these US loans or is this now free money for existing US debtors who are no longer allowed to participate fuly in the BTC Jam community? Really shocking...
Freddynic159

Activity: 249

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:00:31 PM

Currently I have made an investment to a user in BTCJam, I must admit that probably will not get much profit, but at least I was lucky investing to a user that pays. Tongue
Unread

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:35:56 PM

Currently I have made an investment to a user in BTCJam, I must admit that probably will not get much profit, but at least I was lucky investing to a user that pays. Tongue

So my advice if you are reaching more profit you should pull your initial capital and re-invest just wearing profits you earn before
because I see so many cases the loan is not paid and BTCjam activity also declined ranging from poor service, the fewer number of users and several other reasons.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Bourbon44

Activity: 198

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:39:38 AM

Woud like to hear from others on this topic...from what I have heard it appears that BTC Jam is withdrawing from the US market...not accepting any new loans from US users though they claim that all existing loans will continue to be serviced. How is this possible? Do they still intend to enforce these US loans or is this now free money for existing US debtors who are no longer allowed to participate fuly in the BTC Jam community? Really shocking...

Do you have a source for that (like a legit source, MSM, something that you can link)?

Oh, btw, they don't enforce US loans or any loans as is. They do nothing to protect any investor on that site. What they will do, on occasion and when it suits them, is scoop up notes on deep discounts on defaults or late loans, through their BTCJam Debt Collection service. The mechanics of which would amount to something very similar to insider trading on debt instruments. If what they did through BTCJam Debt Collections was based on ownership interest, i.e. equity..., well, the information is out there.

I'm not surprised that they would eventually cease US operations out of fear of a lawsuit. They run a shit organization that has no interest in preventing fraudulent loans because it would harm their profit, being that they receive their fee on loan funding, not on maturity.
btiAndy

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:15:31 AM

Do you have a source for that (like a legit source, MSM, something that you can link)?

Oh, btw, they don't enforce US loans or any loans as is. They do nothing to protect any investor on that site. What they will do, on occasion and when it suits them, is scoop up notes on deep discounts on defaults or late loans, through their BTCJam Debt Collection service. The mechanics of which would amount to something very similar to insider trading on debt instruments. If what they did through BTCJam Debt Collections was based on ownership interest, i.e. equity..., well, the information is out there.

I'm not surprised that they would eventually cease US operations out of fear of a lawsuit. They run a shit organization that has no interest in preventing fraudulent loans because it would harm their profit, being that they receive their fee on loan funding, not on maturity.

Nothing official (other than this article: http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/03/11/bitcoin-lending-platform-btcjam-exits-us-market/); on the site it is happening every day: when U.S. users attempt to invest or create new loans they get the message that they are no longer welcome on BTCJam. Message they receive is pretty vague, something about it being a painful decision to have to withdraw from the U.S. market but in the end Jam wants to return to their goals of lending to emerging market countries only. This reason does not explain why U.S. based investors can also no longer invest, but oh well...no official word from BTCJam that I have seen.

I agree with you that BTC Jam is operating in a pretty shady fashion with their Debt Collections account...if I had known that before I invested I would have reconsidered.

If it is a lawsuit they were trying to avoid it is probably too late...in the last week U.S. users are defaulting on their loans en masse as they know they can't borrow anymore in future... this is going to make a lot of people very angry and rightfully look for compensation...this is not a risk issue anymore, BTCJam would have known their decision would cause this effect...this is why I assume they have been officially quiet about it.
RainDestiny

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:57:28 AM

BTCJam.  What the hell.

I have sign up 3 months ago I did the Verified stuff. I am still waiting to get approved so I can get the loan that I need. I have been emailing them can get nothing at all.
I don't know what to do. 

I here all the time that BTCJam is the best way to get a loan. I am have a bad feeling about that.   

I have the same problem. But I received btcjam e-mail yesterday:

Hello there,
In order to have your documents and application reviewed, your credit score must be a C- or better. Your documents will remain in review until your score improves!

You can improve your credit score by connecting more accounts or requesting references from friends, family, or colleagues.

Requesting references? I dont have facebook, lol. And what should I do?
btiAndy

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 01:55:15 PM

BTCJam.  What the hell.

I don't know what to do. 

Hello there,
In order to have your documents and application reviewed, your credit score must be a C- or better. Your documents will remain in review until your score improves!

You can improve your credit score by connecting more accounts or requesting references from friends, family, or colleagues.

Maybe they are phasing out D-rated loans...currently there are 19 loans on offer and only one is a D and it is an older one. BTCJam has a tendency to implement  policy changes without any announcement...similar to withdrawing from the U.S. market without any official announcement.
RainDestiny

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:10:56 PM

BTCJam.  What the hell.

I don't know what to do. 

Hello there,

Maybe they are phasing out D-rated loans...currently there are 19 loans on offer and only one is a D and it is an older one. BTCJam has a tendency to implement  policy changes without any announcement...similar to withdrawing from the U.S. market without any official announcement.

I dont want a D-rate, but how can I receive a better rate, if BtcJam dont want to review my docs? Its absurd.
btiAndy

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:40:40 PM

BTCJam.  What the hell.

I don't know what to do. 

Hello there,

I dont want a D-rate, but how can I receive a better rate, if BtcJam dont want to review my docs? Its absurd.

I meant that anyone with a credit rating of D or less may no longer be able to get qualified for a loan...if they wrote to you saying you need to raise your credit rating to a C- or better then it tells me that a D rating is no longer acceptable (just a guess). I know Tulkas responds here every now and then, maybe he can step in and help out with an answer.
Bourbon44

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:46:45 AM

Nothing official (other than this article: http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/03/11/bitcoin-lending-platform-btcjam-exits-us-market/); on the site it is happening every day: when U.S. users attempt to invest or create new loans they get the message that they are no longer welcome on BTCJam. Message they receive is pretty vague, something about it being a painful decision to have to withdraw from the U.S. market but in the end Jam wants to return to their goals of lending to emerging market countries only. This reason does not explain why U.S. based investors can also no longer invest, but oh well...no official word from BTCJam that I have seen.

I agree with you that BTC Jam is operating in a pretty shady fashion with their Debt Collections account...if I had known that before I invested I would have reconsidered.

If it is a lawsuit they were trying to avoid it is probably too late...in the last week U.S. users are defaulting on their loans en masse as they know they can't borrow anymore in future... this is going to make a lot of people very angry and rightfully look for compensation...this is not a risk issue anymore, BTCJam would have known their decision would cause this effect...this is why I assume they have been officially quiet about it.

Thanks. Your post was the first I heard, but yes, I've noticed a few posts about that as well on BTCJam since your original post. It is strange. Usually this type of move, like with some of the exchanges, is accompanied by some sort of notification. Not that I've ever been a borrower on that site, but it's a pretty drastic move, you would think that this would be something that they would have announced beforehand.
btiAndy

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:16:12 AM

Thanks. Your post was the first I heard, but yes, I've noticed a few posts about that as well on BTCJam since your original post. It is strange. Usually this type of move, like with some of the exchanges, is accompanied by some sort of notification. Not that I've ever been a borrower on that site, but it's a pretty drastic move, you would think that this would be something that they would have announced beforehand.

Found this article from the middle of the month on Coindesk...http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-lending-btcjam-stops-us-accounts/

Claims that an official announcement was made on the BTCJam website but I certainly never saw anything. Their Facebook page is growing now with disgruntled US Investors looking for a new place to go; two of them have hinted that they no longer feel the need to pay back their existing loans which is of course the concern here moving forward...BTCJam has not been forced into doing this, they made the decision voluntarily according to the Coindesk article. BTCJam needs to further explain this decision as well give investors who have US based loans some confidence that these loans will not all go into default.
Bourbon44

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:43:21 PM

I think BTCJam is going to have quite a bit of explaining to do. I just received this email:

Anyone out there receive this as well? Is it legit, or has BTCJam issued any response?
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: