Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:30:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we limit the number of active loans per user?
No. As long as he is paying.
Yes, max 1 active loan per user.
Yes, max 2 active loans per user.
Yes, max 3 active loans per user.
Yes, max 5 active loans per user.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTCJam - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending  (Read 204914 times)
Roypack

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:20:31 AM

Hi Ann,

Kindly help me with a number that I call btcjam because even when you email them they never reply.

I want to call them and know the fate of my listing approval.

Regards,

Wilberforce.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:21:53 AM

Hi Ann,

Kindly help me with a number that I call btcjam because even when you email them they never reply.

I want to call them and know the fate of my listing approval.

Regards,

Wilberforce.

LMFAO.. You surely must be trolling. Nobody named Ann is going to help you here, but it did give me a very good laugh, thank you! Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Franciem

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:23:52 AM

As a new account... is it that easy to make a loan? I just registered and i can loan up to 30k?? How can that happen just as new user.

but you must filled all document and get approved before you can take LOAN
Im member of Btcjam lending service, but i never upload my document, and i can't use my account

Roypack

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:32:20 AM

Ooops noted.
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:30:38 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 03:41:30 AM by c789

I've been a lender on this site for a few months (never borrowed) so I haven't had to upload ID or other personal documents. I've sold notes on there before too, but just recently I tried to sell a note and was told " You need to verify your personal information before trading notes." I emailed support a few days ago asking 1) why I could sell notes before and now can't, and 2) why do they need my personal info for me to sell a note? I haven't received an answer yet.

If they reply that they will continue this policy -- which seems like an unnecessary reach for private information--  then I will stop using the site.

I'll post back with their reply.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
myohmy81

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:31:59 AM

hi i have a question

if i get loan 1btc($230)

but btc price change 115$(half of 230$)

How much do i pay?

1btc?230$?115%?

BonusGame

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:50:47 AM

They have really terrible support and they spam with same mail.
Don't answer on my question fucking site.
Stay away.
HalbHalbHalb

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:38:05 AM

I've been a lender on this site for a few months (never borrowed) so I haven't had to upload ID or other personal documents. I've sold notes on there before too, but just recently I tried to sell a note and was told " You need to verify your personal information before trading notes." I emailed support a few days ago asking 1) why I could sell notes before and now can't, and 2) why do they need my personal info for me to sell a note? I haven't received an answer yet.

If they reply that they will continue this policy -- which seems like an unnecessary reach for private information--  then I will stop using the site.

I have same problem so I also want to stop using BTCJam and I want to withdraw my funds from BTCJam. But I can't neither sell notes nor withdraw BTC. I asked BTCJam about it and got the answer :

"Hello there, in order for you to be able to withdraw, you have to verify your identity in our platform. You have to submit a photo of your ID and also you have to provide your address. Make sure you do that on our website."

So BTCJam has enforced a new rule I don't really like. But I dont have a chance to withdraw my funds from BTCJam without following the new rule.

Only good thing is I don't have autoinvest enabled, because that would properly work ...

A not happy BTCJam investor
 -Halb

mugentime

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:25:00 PM

Three days ago I requested a deposit to my btcjam account. In the blockchain the movement apears to have gone through but the money never entered my account. Now I am faceing overdue charges and all my money is lost. I know the bitcoins are in btcjam possesion(because I can see their autamated deposit system) but they have refused to answer to my every comunication. Their support system is completely absent. I have sent numerous messages but no answer at all to any.

Very depressing to see this kind of good ideas go so easily to trash because of their lack of care for their clients.

BTCJAM: answer your tickets!

I don´t advise to  borrow money in this site as it is not trustworthy.
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:10:40 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 08:48:48 PM by owlcatz

Three days ago I requested a deposit to my btcjam account. In the blockchain the movement apears to have gone through but the money never entered my account. Now I am faceing overdue charges and all my money is lost. I know the bitcoins are in btcjam possesion(because I can see their autamated deposit system) but they have refused to answer to my every comunication. Their support system is completely absent. I have sent numerous messages but no answer at all to any.

Very depressing to see this kind of good ideas go so easily to trash because of their lack of care for their clients.

I don´t advise to  borrow money in this site as it is not trustworthy.

BTCScam you mean?

Here is the new hall of shame thread:

Scammers get doxxed until they have repaid. Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=605994.msg12536615#msg12536615

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:16:34 PM

Any site that gives far too much leverage to borrowers of funds is in my mind systematically flawed. Any site that does not provide any security whatsoever to the lender helps criminals steal money from honest people. I am building a site where collaterial is always required and the more liquidizeable the collaterial, the higher your user account trust rating goes. The website will be based on the CakePHP framework as well, adding strong security based on a framework that works.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:31:55 PM

Any site that gives far too much leverage to borrowers of funds is in my mind systematically flawed. Any site that does not provide any security whatsoever to the lender helps criminals steal money from honest people. I am building a site where collaterial is always required and the more liquidizeable the collaterial, the higher your user account trust rating goes. The website will be based on the CakePHP framework as well, adding strong security based on a framework that works.

Sounds cool. Not sure how you would require collateral though. Like what? Here, people use their accounts or other digital goods. Are you planning on doing something similar? IMO, one of the largely unsolvable issues is that most Borrower's don't have enough collateral to begin with, which probably fuels (in part) the asking for a loan. If you look at the loan section, most are for small amounts on here - Probably gambling. These BTCScam scums are just worse, they just run off and leave all their dox wide open.

PSA - If you have been ripped off by BTCScammers, see my signature. Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
c789

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:09:27 PM

I have same problem so I also want to stop using BTCJam and I want to withdraw my funds from BTCJam. But I can't neither sell notes nor withdraw BTC. I asked BTCJam about it and got the answer :

"Hello there, in order for you to be able to withdraw, you have to verify your identity in our platform. You have to submit a photo of your ID and also you have to provide your address. Make sure you do that on our website."

So BTCJam has enforced a new rule I don't really like. But I dont have a chance to withdraw my funds from BTCJam without following the new rule.

Only good thing is I don't have autoinvest enabled, because that would properly work ...

-Halb

Here's the latest: it took several days for BTCjam to reply to my ticket, and they said that they do indeed have a new policy where you can't trade notes unless you upload a photo ID. They said the reason for this is that some people were manipulating the notes market. That may be, but this site is no longer for me.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
BTCJamSupport

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Support for the global P2P lending platform:BTCJam

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:27:52 PM

hi i have a question

if i get loan 1btc($230)

but btc price change 115$(half of 230$)

How much do i pay?

1btc?230$?115%?

We have two types of loans, Bitcoin only and linked BTC. Linked would protect you from the volatility of BTC price. Your borrowing amount can be pegged to a currency so that you always pay back that amount + interest. Its a good way for borrowers like you who are worried about volatility when paying back. Hope this helps
BTCJamSupport

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:29:27 PM

I don´t advise to  borrow money in this site as it is not trustworthy.

Hey there,

Can you PM me your alias with us so I can look into this. We made a change with deposit addresses recently, maybe the funds were sent to the old one? PM me your info and I'll make sure we get this resolved, thank you.
BTCJamSupport

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:33:05 PM

-Halb

Here's the latest: it took several days for BTCjam to reply to my ticket, and they said that they do indeed have a new policy where you can't trade notes unless you upload a photo ID. They said the reason for this is that some people were manipulating the notes market. That may be, but this site is no longer for me.

Sorry to hear this! We are trying to protect the notes marketplace and make sure there is not any manipulation of any kind within the secondary marketplace. Unfortunately this is the best step to being able to have a strong secondary marketplace. Sad to hear that this really upset you.
c789

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:10:12 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2015, 03:41:42 PM by c789

Is there no way to verify someone other than by uploading a photo ID (or tax documents)? That's too much of a privacy risk (EDIT: ...just to sell a note. I'm ok with uploading an ID in order to borrow BTC). No offense, but larger and better-funded companies have been hacked and people's PII has been stolen (Home Depot, Target, US Govt employees, etc.). I don't believe that selling a note that someone owes me is worth uploading a photo ID.

How about a verified PayPal account?

If you can do this, I'll resume lending.

shmoula

Activity: 304

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 08:23:57 AM

@BTCJamSupport: Just being curious - it's arbitration here, arbitration there - how many successful arbitrations already passed?

Habbeat - beat your habits more effective way!!!
Always empty box(no cat also no coin): 1SHM1tiur2iNBCVxCBr7vAJ84PrPZ6d6v
Bitcoin-Corporation.com

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:39:46 AM

Is there no way to verify someone other than by uploading a photo ID (or tax documents)? That's too much of a privacy risk (EDIT: ...just to sell a note. I'm ok with uploading an ID in order to borrow BTC). No offense, but larger and better-funded companies have been hacked and people's PII has been stolen (Home Depot, Target, US Govt employees, etc.). I don't believe that selling a note that someone owes me is worth uploading a photo ID.

How about a verified PayPal account?

If you can do this, I'll resume lending.

I submitted my loan listing 3 days ago and up to now is still in review...

[snip]

I fully support all information verification to edge out scammers.

We are here to support each other and when discrimination is at play we feel that your services are meant to certain regions and people.

Why do I make this suggestion?

You see a listing which its description is only a sentence and a first loan asking much, even the investors question but because the person comes from a certain region his/her listing is accepted while a person from another region with even a better credit score his loan is closed without even an explanation or made to wait for long.

At least improve on those issues.

That's been my concern too!

What really concerns me is how I uploaded all of my personal information to this btcjam, which include government I did and paper work, verifiable institutional, and social media connections and yet they kept me at a E rating since August 2014. I uploaded the EXACT same information to bit lending club and was approved (and in good standing).

I submitted the following aged accounts:
Google               1131565457397130xxxxx
facebook           1000059108xxxxx
ebay                   nY+sHZ2PrBmdj6wVnY+sEZ2PrA2dj6wxxxxx
twitter           21694xxxxx
localbitcoins   bitcoinCorporation
Coinbase           5094e13096c42002000xxxxx
Localbitcoins   bitcoinCorporation
Postal Mail from the government
Bank Account/s

And a couple of things more. I've had and actively used these accounts for years, and yet btcjam gave me an E rating? So after over a year, I asked... ONE question in yesterdays "webinar". I simply asked "How come I have an E rating on your system and your competitor approved me and ALL info is the same?" BOOM. They blocked me! WOW.

After the webinar I went to the site to send a support message. I logged in, left a support email explaining the situation again and that some others contacted me wondering too. I noticed that my rating was now D, so, thinking perhaps something might have been broken before, I submitted ANOTHER bank account to which the system responded that my rating would be upgraded in a couple of hours. It's been 20 hours now and my rating is STILL BLANK! ?

Does this have something to do with the support message I  left? Yes, I voiced my concern that Btcjam.com makes me feel as if they might be discriminating on something that has nothing to do with verification, credit and ability to re-pay when all other things are equal to anyone else. Lets face it, people do, but hardly ever admit it. I'm sure that IF I get a reply thats it will say thats not the case and will probably claim some type of analysis or cryptic algorithm. PppppppPpp. Right.

I just wish that I hadn't even bothered in the 1st place because I feel like a sucker, putting all of my information in yet ANOTHER damned database of some company that I don't but claims to be better than my library, all my banks, the department of motor vehicles, any place I ever work, car rental agencies and places I've rented.

And after reading the messages here (during the composition of this post) I realize that I've been shut down after throwing away something thats been very precious to me for many many years (my privacy) while not enough effort was put in to stopping real thieves.

All this to say, my biggest concerns WAS confusion/disagreement with giving me an E rating, but now I really don't like ANYONE having all of my personal (private) information and then BLOCKING me and my ONE respectfully asked question in a webinar as if it were a forbidden subject and I was not worthy of an answer (not even in private after the question).

The cryptcurrency (digital currency in general) arena sure can make you pay dues that have you questioning just how much you can stand...

Bitcoin-Corporation.com

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 10:19:08 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 01:42:52 PM by Bitcoin-Corporation.com

Well...

Get a load of this. Here is their reply. Actually, it's worse than I thought it would be.

This might be too much info, but combine this with whatever your experience is to come to your own conclusions. I know you are solidifying mine. Perhaps Companies like yours (and GAWMiners/Zenminers - Who has a bunch of our money) send warning signs based on how you treat certain customers.

Of course, now that I'm publicizing this, and this message is totally recognizable by you guys, I won't be surprised if you all out restrict/ban my account. A sure sign of what you were all about from the start.

Why am I doing this? Because I'm not the only one who has been treated like this, and companies like you aren't totally straight about things and you get away with it. And when you fail to keep your end of the bargain you  try to ride on how straight you are when you have not been:

On 2015-10-02 17:32, Support wrote:
> __________________________________
>
> -------------------------
>
>  XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
>  SUBJECT: Recent Webinar
>  OCT 03, 2015 | 0X:XXPM PDT
>  XXXXXXX replied:
>
> Hello there,
>
> Unfortunately I do not have access to who was blocked or not from the
> WEBNAR. Unfortunately I will not be able to help you on that. Thank
> you!
>
>
> How satisfied were you with the assistance we provided today? [1] |
> [2] | [3] | [4]
>  OCT 01, 2015 | 02:34AM PDT
>  Original message
>  XXXXXXX wrote:
>
> From your recent "Webinar", I have users contact me about why you guys
> blocked me from asking questions.
>
> I explained to them that I asked "Why my account was given "E" raiting
> (now it's D) in your system when I (I represent a corporation) gave
> ALL of my LEGITIMATE and LEGAL United States of America personal
> information.
>
> Your competitors (including LoanBase (Bit Lending Club) check and
> accepted EVERY piece of my information (I have proof if you like) and
> found it to be in order, so I've concluded that your rating of me MUST
> be personal. I don't know if it's my color, where I live, or what, but
> as an adult, I have used the SAME information to establish and
> maintain BANKING and STOCK TRADING relationships, but I'm not good
> enough for your service? That wreaks of discrimination! And when it
> comes to dealing with money, I will not hesitate to warn others.
>
> You claim to hold users of your system to high standards and I feel
> its only fair that you be held to high standards yourself, and
> discrimination is unacceptable in the global financial community.
>
> XXXXXXX
>
> P.S. This is well beyond believing any generic, canned "We reviewed
> your information" reply. My information was specific, long standing,
> and vetted and verifiable FAR BEFORE YOUR COMPANY CAME ON THE SCENE.
>
>

And to them I replied:

You side stepped the real issue, which is "Whats going on with the treatment", of me and my account that is.

I wasn't asking you to look in to who blocked me.

And nonsense, you know EXACTLY who blocked me. THE PERSON WHO WAS SITTING THERE ON THE SCREEN, READING, SCANNING, AND SCREENING THE QUESTIONS IN OUR FACES.

Perhaps I'll get a more sensible answer over at what seems to be your public support thread at bitcointalk.org?

Ok.

------------------------------

And my rating is STILL blank.

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: