Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:23:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RUN 2 CLOSED][SIDEHACK STICK]GekkoScience Compac Official sales thread  (Read 69672 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 03:43:30 PM

Paying for goods or services, there's a 3% fee tacked on my end which means you pay 100% and I get 97%. Sending money to friends or family has a 3% fee tacked on your end, which I think means you pay 103% and I get 100%. In either case I'm not really going to sweat the difference, and since we're not actually friends or family you'd kinda be lying, but either way PayPal still gets their cut.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 03:54:26 PM

and since we're not actually friends or family you'd kinda be lying, but either way PayPal still gets their cut.
Cry
Jake36

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 04:02:47 PM

Paying for goods or services, there's a 3% fee tacked on my end which means you pay 100% and I get 97%. Sending money to friends or family has a 3% fee tacked on your end, which I think means you pay 103% and I get 100%. In either case I'm not really going to sweat the difference, and since we're not actually friends or family you'd kinda be lying, but either way PayPal still gets their cut.

OK, just sent it as goods and services + added some extra to help make up the fee on your end.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 04:18:04 PM

Well how do you like that. Even accounting fees, looks like you overpaid by about five bucks. What do you want done with it?

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Jake36

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 04:20:40 PM

Well how do you like that. Even accounting fees, looks like you overpaid by about five bucks. What do you want done with it?

Add it to the burger fund and have something good! LOL
mexa

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:04:49 AM

Hello Sidehack,
your device is amazing!

I am not from those who wants mining with big guns. Here is reason why. I am bulding on my land solar off-grid from small 100W to potencional 30kW.
My idea is no use battery, if sun shining mining is on. This resolve for me big losses in inverters, batteries, ... and cost.
For this case i developing power controler for direct powering even if is cloudy. For this i need very low power consume mining devices.

So algorithm will be calculate actual power from solar panels and turn on specifig number of relays to powering mining device. So for every weather i will be mining. More sun more devices turn on. So this is why i love your device. Because is the best on market righ now. To this day i thinking about Avalon Nano, but price is with 10yr ROI, with your device is 3yr.

This project is primary not for money, but i think this is future for hashing, because now is time when in many countries (like here in Czech republic, Europe) is energy to expencive for mining. I love idea of Bitcoin and i am happy support this bitcoin comunity.

So as you write i take look to bitshopper.de, but thairs price  49,95 Euros is totaly make no sense and they are sold out. Your starting price 25 USD is very more attractive.
So my question is, will you be producing in future this brilliant mining device unit? Is possible ordering from you 20 devices for start? And as time go and my off-grid will be grow i am ready buy more devices from you.

And on end one question is possible get it without heatsinks, or can be removed by myself? I have ready water cooling with TEG generator. So i gething some power back and hot water to pipes.

Best regards

zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:58:30 PM

Hello Sidehack,
your device is amazing!
(snip)

So as you write i take look to bitshopper.de, but thairs price  49,95 Euros is totaly make no sense and they are sold out. Your starting price 25 USD is very more attractive.
So my question is, will you be producing in future this brilliant mining device unit? Is possible ordering from you 20 devices for start? And as time go and my off-grid will be grow i am ready buy more devices from you.

I completely agree !

25USD is not 49.99euros !

I'll be looking for another batch, this stick looks amazing !!

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:04:22 PM

As has been mentioned several times before in both his and my thread, his price is higher because of increased import taxes on the materials and because he's paying a fab house to manufacture, among other things. I am doing all my batch manufacture in-house, which these days is approximately volunteer labor.

I'm doing my best to not sell to Europe because that's MacEntyre's turf. If you want sticks in Europe you should talk to him first. Support your own economy before looking to import.

zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:11:07 PM

Thank you for replying and repeating yourself Smiley

My apologies.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:16:20 PM

No problem. I do have a second batch in the works. I'm not sure what the holdup on MacEntyre's sticks is at present; the last I heard from him, I expected him to be selling any day now. He's had trouble with the fab house screwing things up, ordering the wrong parts or PCBs coming in broken. That's another reason (besides being a self-sufficient cheapskate by nature) I prefer in-house manufacturing, is if something goes wrong I am probably better equipped to solve the problem than anyone else, being as I designed the thing I'm trying to put together. I made it a priority specifically to have the time and set aside the resources to build a manufacturing infrastructure, but not everyone is able to do that so a fab house is usually the way to go.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:31:37 AM

No problem. I do have a second batch in the works. I'm not sure what the holdup on MacEntyre's sticks is at present; the last I heard from him, I expected him to be selling any day now. He's had trouble with the fab house screwing things up, ordering the wrong parts or PCBs coming in broken. That's another reason (besides being a self-sufficient cheapskate by nature) I prefer in-house manufacturing, is if something goes wrong I am probably better equipped to solve the problem than anyone else, being as I designed the thing I'm trying to put together. I made it a priority specifically to have the time and set aside the resources to build a manufacturing infrastructure, but not everyone is able to do that so a fab house is usually the way to go.

No worries I'm not pushing for second batch to be shipped.  I know it will come when it comes.

I'm just curious what are the main parts we are waiting on?  I just was curious as far as if there was big ticket items holding it back, or bunch of small cheaper items.  I like to understand the process better on fab.  Which you thread has done for me so I thank you very much for that.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:34:22 AM

Well actually right now I'm waiting on a guy that's owed me money since about the middle of September to stop screwing up the transfer process and/or disappearing for days or weeks and then I can funnel it directly into buying parts. I had planned on having that done already but, you know, this is what happens when I rely on other people to do things right.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:36:44 AM

Well actually right now I'm waiting on a guy that's owed me money since about the middle of September to stop screwing up the transfer process and/or disappearing for days or weeks and then I can funnel it directly into buying parts. I had planned on having that done already but, you know, this is what happens when I rely on other people to do things right.

I understand your frustration, even though people don't seem to be inclined to put pressure on you for it.

Anyways, i wanted to know, will the second batch Stick be same specs as the first one? I was wondering about volt control, i read somewhere it was not software controlled, but then how do you configure it?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:58:36 AM

The second batch of sticks is exactly the same as the first batch of sticks. I bought 1000 chips, heatsinks and PCBs but only made the first 500 sticks. The next 500 sticks will be the same thing.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:06:50 AM

Thanks for explaining.  I love the honest answers and insight into the fab process. No other product shares like you do on fab, which is amazing to watch.

That does suck that someone being flaky is effecting your business.  It's hard when some people don't share priorities.   I like things to be done on time so going away for day's or weeks when owing me money would definitely get under my skin.
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:43:39 AM

Actually Friends and Family is free to both parties as long as it is using account balance and not drawing out of a checking account or credit card.. and no chargebacks

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:54:14 PM

No I haven't, for the same reasons I've been saying since about July that I didn't want to work with their chip - I don't want to mess with BGA, or scrypt, or 50W ASICs.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:21:41 PM

Have you attempted to get into contact with the very silent SFARDS? I think the stick miners with those chips would be LOVED!

I think this would be one of the hardest chips to get.  I think they built a batch and decided on internal use.  I could be paranoid but shipping 5 to select sellers, then disappearing without a word sounds like they are doing something behind the scenes.

I think a scrypt miner would be fun but as far as ROI it's all been about BTC for quite a while.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:45:18 PM

I was wondering about volt control, i read somewhere it was not software controlled, but then how do you configure it?

There's a small turn-screwy thing on the bottom right of the stick.  You turn it clock-wise to up the voltage, and vice versa.  You only need to turn it up if you are seeing HW errors, and then just a wee-little turn at a time (like 1/8 a full rotation) until the HW errors go away.  Very easy, and kind of better than software control since you can do it while the stick is hashing and get real-time feedback via the HW errors.  There are spots on the stick you can touch with a meter to measure the voltage if you are so inclined.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:02:17 PM

There are also test pads on the back if you don't want to risk shorting something out.

Also, rumor has it someone (not me) is working on a scrypt stickminer that should be interesting.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: