Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:22:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How much do you think 1 Bitcoin will be worth in 2020?
$100
$1.000
$10.000
$100.000
$1.000.000
$0
$1
$10

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you think 1 Bitcoin will be worth in 2020?  (Read 58234 times)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3919

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:02:30 PM

It's funny how most of the posters who say something like "it can't get to 10k, that's too much" simply because they think it's too much, not because they have valid reasons why bitcoin will fail are also the people who tend to write illogical sentences with horrible grammar.

I mean if you have valid reasons for why bitcoin will fail, great. Bitcoin is an incredibly risky investment, and there are many problems that need to be solved before it can go mainstream, that is completely true.

Otherwise, saying that bitcoin will remain a few hundred or a few thousand simply because your little brain cannot comprehend the possibility of its price going up is quite laughable. In what scenario will bitcoin be worth $200-1000? If everything else stays exactly the same? That's a ridiculous assumption. Either things improve and bitcoin improves, thus increasing in price many-fold, or nothing happens, in which case people will start losing hope and price will go down. The chances of bitcoin staying at a price that's not so low it's basically dead, and yet not high enough to be relevant in the real world is very, very low. Not impossible, but very low.

I'm willing to bet that every single person who says bitcoin cannot reach 10k in this thread (other than people who thinks it will fail) did not do ANY critical thinking, and only looked at the current price and thinks 10k is too far off. Learn to think critically, people.

I think this is one of the best posts in this thread. If you think about it it really can go to 0 or near zero or somewhere very high (by today means). I've heard from senior members zero valuation visions which will be unfortunate but then saying we will be at 200 or 1000 USD is really ridiculous and really, really stupid, after two halvings I can't see anything less than 30k USD (after spike and drop) or zero/near zero as said already. I think 300k is not completely unlikely, saying it will be more than 1M is little bit far fetched for me (maybe for very short period of time.).

To sum it up I would say zero or somewhere between 30k and 300k.

For zero or near zero I would say there is about 20 % chance (for whatever technical or wide panic reason), with 80 % chance I would go for the more optimistic range.

All this valuations take into account today's purchasing power parity - if by 2020 a loaf of bread costs 200 USD for whatever reason or more then adjust it appropriately (now it shows between 1 and 3 USD in most civilized countries: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_price_rankings?itemId=9)

I agree with the premise that it would be either close to a zero or a large number IF 21 mil coins remain.
Assigning certain values to probability of success might be premature, however, although personally I would like this scenario (80% chance).
My greater concern is for a slow subversion of the underlying bitcoin software according to the whims of VCs, payment processors, etc.
Bitcoin 10 years from now could look nothing like the idealistic version that Satoshi put forward initially.
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 11:04:47 PM

I'd guess close to worthless, something bigger and better might come along in five years!
coinbeast

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:05:31 PM

Let's not forget that the vast majority (about 90% I believe) of the bitcoins in existence are owned by only a few people. So as the halvings occur, the adoption rate continues to increase and an industry built on top of Bitcoin grows, the price will have a strong upward push. I think it will only be then that some of these 90% will begin to be released into circulation.

I think the interesting question is, what will happen when the large scale miners who need to sell bitcoins to run their business and are not getting many due to halvings whilst the 90% are steadily selling their stash?

Miners may need to re-evaluate their business model and diversify to stay alive.

2020 - $900-$1000
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:55:39 PM

I'd guess close to worthless, something bigger and better might come along in five years!

I think it is quite impossible to predict bitcoin prices for such a long time because if you see the history of bitcoin prices, in last five years it went from few cents to 1000+ dollars and again it came back to couple of hundred dollars. It shows that prices can be either 1000+ or it can be even single digit also so it is very difficult to predict bitcoin prices.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:34:58 PM

I think it is quite impossible to predict bitcoin prices for such a long time because if you see the history of bitcoin prices, in last five years it went from few cents to 1000+ dollars and again it came back to couple of hundred dollars. It shows that prices can be either 1000+ or it can be even single digit also so it is very difficult to predict bitcoin prices.
exactly, it is extremely unpredictable to estimate the price, however i do believe it should go up, just not sure how much.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:58:46 PM

why you're still wearing a signature that pay you in bitcoin then? everything that might come out would be a direct clone of bitcoin, no ethereum and maidsafe aren't something new...

what i think is that bitcoin would probably be doomed if by 2016 let alone 2020, nothing will change
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 02:55:23 PM

I think in 2020 bitcoin will be spend at the world, and more merchand will be join to accept bitcoin
and if more merchand accept it, and more transaction at bitcoin, rate will be flat maybe 300$ is enough

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 10:39:48 PM

A former Goldman Sachs asset expert commented that he calculated 1 Bitcoin to reach a value worth 700oz of gold within 10 years.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 10:50:25 PM

A former Goldman Sachs asset expert commented that he calculated 1 Bitcoin to reach a value worth 700oz of gold within 10 years.

That puts Bitcoin's market cap in the multiples of trillions. I ain't objecting but I'm not betting the house on it.
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 11:03:28 PM

Source if you don't mind please.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 12:15:32 AM

That puts Bitcoin's market cap in the multiples of trillions. I ain't objecting but I'm not betting the house on it.

You mean like this guy?? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508254.0

I'm in the camp that think it will be worth very much or remain niche and be worth very little. I don't think it will ever go to zero.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:04:11 PM

Something bigger is probably already here.
I dont believe because of something bigger Bitcoin might get worth almost nothing. Almost nothing will bitcoin be worth only if something technically get wrong. If not, i doubt will ever be worth much less then it is now. It is quite tiny already.
victoryboy

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 07:21:06 PM

I dont believe because of something bigger Bitcoin might get worth almost nothing. Almost nothing will bitcoin be worth only if something technically get wrong. If not, i doubt will ever be worth much less then it is now. It is quite tiny already.
Nothing bigger can come out not even in 50 years.Bitcoin will always remain core digital currency and can not be replaced by nothing.Technology will be more advanced but Bitcoin always be king and will be worth at least 10000$ in 2020 as till then it will be traded in units (umbtc).
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 07:49:56 PM

Nothing bigger can come out not even in 50 years.Bitcoin will always remain core digital currency and can not be replaced by nothing.Technology will be more advanced but Bitcoin always be king and will be worth at least 10000$ in 2020 as till then it will be traded in units (umbtc).

Well said i am totally agree with you BTCitcoin is here will be remain and nothing can be replace it because it is pioneer crypto currency and it will get more worthy than today as i think in 2020 BTCitcoin will hit $1 Million for each.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:29:29 AM

Well said i am totally agree with you BTCitcoin is here will be remain and nothing can be replace it because it is pioneer crypto currency and it will get more worthy than today as i think in 2020 BTCitcoin will hit $1 Million for each.
If it's  to go relatively mainstream then the price must rise by orders of magnitude for it to be usable by a significant number of people.
The last few months have been an amazing time to buy in.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:38:53 AM

Miners may need to re-evaluate their business model and diversify to stay alive.

value of bitcoin (unit) is not make by miners ... but by buyers.  Grin
if you have supply but no order, the value decrease.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 01:31:49 AM

One coin will be worth a few thousand dollars in 2020. If bitcoin succeeds it could be worth a million dollars, but I don't expect that by 2020.

techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 03:07:00 AM

No, I dont think so.

Gold, will be still high. Even though bitcoin is been around we still see the value low still so it has a long way to go.

NoRespect

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:24:14 AM

Well in 2020 1 BTC will be worth of 100000 $.This I am saying because of the fast and steady adoption which we saw this year.This process will be even much more faster in coming years.
predictions are good, but it would be very difficult bitcoin achieve that price, unless all countries in the world use
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 06:37:40 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 06:54:27 AM by cjmoles

This is just my opinion:

Too be honest, I think, by 2020, bitcoin will be replaced by a more efficient, more accessible, and more widely distributable technology that utilizes the main concepts of the blockchain to conduct transactions.  The decadent state of the core technology and the predatory nature of its governance opens the door for alternative technologies to enter as contenders to control the blockchain.

Many of the "elite" in the bitcoin world suffer from what I call the "Gollum" affect.  As Gollum would say, "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious."  And, they will do any underhanded thing possible to get bitcoin, keep bitcoin, and prevent bitcoin's aging technology from ever evolving into what it could be.  They would fork it, balloon it, then lie, cheat, and steal for it according to public perception, and I don't think that perception will change as long as it is governed the way it has been.

So my thoughts are that, by the year 2020, a cryptographic currency similar to bitcoin, but with a more stable market and more honestly perceived governance, will rule the blockchain because it will be more efficient, more accessible, and more widely distributed.  Therefore, I predict the price of bitcoin to be closer to it's mid 2012 prices by 2020.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: