Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:42:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Dash a better alternative to Bitcoin?  (Read 23613 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 07:42:45 AM

Grin You're funny Spoetnik.  Are you really that stupid or just BSing?

Wouldn't surprise me if this was in fact Icebreaker promoting Monero in bitcoin.com forums:

I've had Spoetnik on ignore so long I forgot the reason.

That troll post on bit-coin.com's rump forum is hilarious.  I'm flattered you thought me responsible for such lulz.  But, alas, I simply cannot be arsed to sign up for Bitcoin Judas' try-hard vanity faction house organ.

You'd see me pestering frap.doc on bitco.in before I'd step foot in that den of snakes.  If I was forced to choose between /r/bitcoin or bit-coin.com, I'd go with reddit.  And I hate reddit!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
busterzzz

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:48:36 PM

Grin You're funny Spoetnik.  Are you really that stupid or just BSing?

His marketing tactics rely on him believing everyone is even dumber than him.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was in fact Icebreaker promoting Monero in bitcoin.com forums:

You kidiots for the most part started after i got here..
When there was 50 coins or less (not 8,000) i saw the emergence of the "Added value gimmick"
I saw it take shape and unfold before my very eyes.

and don't forget guys when i started you all weren't hard at work ripping off stock market jargon and
yammering on about faggy little white papers.. but none of you would know this because you started late.

it's not because i am smarter..
it's because i started this shit way before most of you and watched the entire scene transform and morph.
Into a gay heap of scammy bullshit.

It wasn't like that when i started it actually believe it not had credibility.
there was no issues with all this scammy crap.

YOU GREEDY NEW GUYS STARTED THIS GAY CRAP COIN FAGGOTRY !

Then you have the nerve to run your mouth at me ?
puuuuuuhlease spare me  Roll Eyes
gimme a break.

you show up take a fat shit on this stuff and then play dumb and blame the guy next to you..
and then proclaim your stupid gimmick ridden scammy shit coin clone is legit but the guys next to me is pure scam LOL
right  Roll Eyes

so sit down and shut the fuck up i am the smart one here (you might just learn something)

I started when things were different and you know what ?
you guys have made my <rolleye.jpeg> emoticon worn out from heavy use.

Many of the older members here can easily attest to the fact that things were very VERY different than now.
There was no blow hard's spouting off about colossally over complicated gimmicks and white papers
spending 30 pages tossing around *regulated stock market terms to confuse the fuck out of your demographic..

kids.

You started this shit late ? well then you can shut the fuck up ..you know squat.

I googled "pretentious douche" and it brought me to this post here. Am I in the right place?
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:04:03 PM

I vote for dash . it will shine eventually...just wait and see

hmmz, don't know, at the moment it looks a lot like rats jumping off a sinking ship... That's what you get with investors only interested in a fiat-profit but no belief in the underlying value of the technology... when the profit disappears, the investors disappear with it...

good luck to you though...

best regards

DASHfaucet

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:28:16 PM

hmmz, don't know, at the moment it looks a lot like rats jumping off a sinking ship... That's what you get with investors only interested in a fiat-profit but no belief in the underlying value of the technology... when the profit disappears, the investors disappear with it...

best regards

Now everyone is looking on Bitcoin. But shortly BTC will pull up some Alts. List is very short. It can be LTC or DASH.. eventually one more time DOGE but i think it will be some of first two coins.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:46:48 PM

best regards

Now everyone is looking on Bitcoin. But shortly BTC will pull up some Alts. List is very short. It can be LTC or DASH.. eventually one more time DOGE but i think it will be some of first two coins.

Why Dash? I don't see any good reasons... Premined, tech only so so, Dev talking a Desperate pump few weeks ago (telling people he's buying while selling OTC)... So LTC Yeah, becuz of rep, why not, but Dash, wouldn't know why, certainly nog for reputation ...
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:17:49 PM

pls learn the difference between premine and instamine

a small clue : they are not the same...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:29:25 PM

Really?

Sounds like the DASH crew to me. Hoping people that didn't mine up the coins at super warp speed captive instamine speeds are going to now buy these coins for millions of dollars?

I think Evan is a reasonable dev in terms of coding skill and actually regrets the start and cutting the minting, however it's too late, what is done is done. Dash will forever be held back by these things and i see no real future for the coin. That's not to say it will vanish but if you are looking for return on a $ investment at this point there are way better options. All Dash's competition will always bring up the start and cutting of the minting and this will always hold this coin back.

The huge amount of dash spam on the  main forum is an organised attempt at pumping pre release of some other gimmick.

Doge just pushed back ahead of dash i expect to see a lot of other alts start climbing above it soon also.

If the airdrop had taken place I think Dash would have been way ahead of where it is now in terms of marketcap and support from the community in general.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:30:48 PM

pls learn the difference between premine and instamine

a small clue : they are not the same...

Yes, they are not the same. However, i prefer an honest Premine over a captive instamine of the magnitude xcoin/dark/dash pulled.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:28:21 PM

If the airdrop had taken place I think Dash would have been way ahead of where it is now in terms of marketcap and support from the community in general.

The only thing the airdrop would have done is diluted the instamine by another 2 million coins. So it would be about 25% of the current supply instead of 33%. And then it would have added questions about who actually got those airdrop coins and how they got them. In the case of the Stellar airdrop for example, there are published allegations of massive fraud by insiders.

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:35:18 PM

We dont need an alternative coin because bitcoin is not much enough widespread in the world. But if someday many of people use bitcoin then we can talk about an alternative.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:23:10 PM

Really?

Sounds like the DASH crew to me.

Yes, agreed. Dash is exactly the type to pull this kind of stunts  Roll Eyes
romeshomey

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:40:16 PM

I was reading an article about Zerocoin earlier http://www.wired.com/2015/11/zerocoin-startup-revives-the-dream-of-truly-anonymous-money which mentioned Roger Ver as an investor which I found interesting as he's always been vocally opposed to altcoins.

Whatever that means??
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:37:47 PM

I was reading an article about Zerocoin earlier http://www.wired.com/2015/11/zerocoin-startup-revives-the-dream-of-truly-anonymous-money which mentioned Roger Ver as an investor which I found interesting as he's always been vocally opposed to altcoins.

Whatever that means??

Interesting read, but in the end Zerocoin is :

A : operating and depending on the Bitcoin network through a set of extensions to the existing Bitcoin protocol
B : only focussed on providing anonymity

http://zerocoin.org/

Zerocoin and the Zerocash protocol operates in the Bitcoin network and is implemented as a series of extensions to the existing Bitcoin protocol.

While Dash is trying to fix all problems with Bitcoin so it can be used as digital cash by addressing :

A : Speed of transactions
B : Fungability
C : Decentralised Funding
D : Decentralised Governance
E : Infrastructure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jw5Gk-iuy0    
Check link to get a full explanation on how exactly Dash adresses those 5 points

So i see Bitcoin, Zerocoin and Dash as follows :

Bitcoin : Electronic equivalent of gold
Zerocoin : Electronic equivalent of (if necessary) anonymous gold
Dash : Digital Cash with all the properties of cash (speed, anonymity, fungability etc) implemented in its protocol  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 12:55:45 AM

We dont need an alternative coin because bitcoin is not much enough widespread in the world. But if someday many of people use bitcoin then we can talk about an alternative.

Exactly this...

Dark/Dash has too many haters do to the shady launch. Pre/insta does not matter either is bad.
XMR is fun to speculate, but I am surprised how little market action it gets...not catching on very well.
LTC is the obvious choice because of market cap and it makes a great trading pair with Bitcoin. China loves some LTC and that makes a huge difference.
The "others" no one really cares about.

Just my 2 cents about it.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 01:20:50 AM

Whatever that means??

STFU spamming shill.

If i wanted your opinion i would give it to you.

and.. Dash will turn your cash to Ash !

..there you have it, my opinion (the correct one)

FUD first & ask questions later™
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 03:09:59 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2015, 08:57:12 PM by qwizzie

Exactly this...

Dark/Dash has too many haters do to the shady launch. Pre/insta does not matter either is bad.
XMR is fun to speculate, but I am surprised how little market action it gets...not catching on very well.
LTC is the obvious choice because of market cap and it makes a great trading pair with Bitcoin. China loves some LTC and that makes a huge difference.
The "others" no one really cares about.

Just my 2 cents about it.

I lost fate in Litecoin a long time ago, it just became a pump and dump cryptocurrency lately in my eyes
with little to no technical advances and the Chinese traders nowadays seem not that interested in
it anymore. They just seem to be focussing on Bitcoin for now.

Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 09:28:26 PM

Dash no, but XMR and SDC are real alternatives to BTC
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 07:15:09 AM

A real alternative needs to have :

Focus on user-friendly usage (this means having solutions into place for Android, iPhone, Linux, Mac and Windows users or it will never get mainstraim usage)
Scalable with its transactions / users
Speedy transactions
Private transactions
Fungable as cryptocurrency
Focus on Reseach and Development

And frankly it needs to have them all in order to form a real alternative to Bitcoin.

Comodore

Activity: 159

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:21:35 PM

A real alternative needs to have :

Focus on user-friendly usage (this means having solutions into place for Android, iPhone, Linux, Mac and Windows users or it will never get mainstraim usage)
Scalable with its transactions / users
Speedy transactions
Private transactions
Fungable as cryptocurrency
Focus on Reseach and Development

And frankly it needs to have them all in order to form a real alternative to Bitcoin.

IMHO: I feel DASH has it all, but user-friendliness is the worst part of it now. Plus DASH has decentralized governance and that is a part which makes it fat better than bitcoin in these times of full blocks.
Comodore

Activity: 159

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 10:28:19 PM

This...Dash has a blockchain waiting to be deanonymized. Monero keeps no such ledger and doesn't face this ticking time bomb

I am not gonna feed a troll.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: