Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:59:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459156 times)
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:00:57 AM

I think if you have job already you do not need to quit and to be full time in bitcoin cause you can earn in bitcoin with your free time but i think if you have skills to be use for work in bitcoin you can do full time in bitcoin because you can manage your time and you are the boss of your self.

In my opinion, even if you have a  skill that you know you could use to earn bitcoin, it is still not a good idea to go full time in bitcoin..If you have a day job, and your income is consistent and you can just buy bitcoin if you want, but if you were working full time in bitcoin, you could earn bitcoin, but it doesn't mean that it is going to be steady and that the value when you convert it to dollar would be the same. You will have a bumpy  living with that.  Smiley But it's good to hear that you are your own boss if you work full time in bitcoin..
No way man, you day job will just provide you for your basic need but if you are an ambitious person you will understand that you will never grow for yourself working for others, we should be the boss of our own and we can only achieve that if we take risk going out of the corporate world.

That's not true, it is much secure working on your day job with fix salary, if you are your own boss and you would work on bitcoin and earn lets say the same as what your salary is in the company that you are working, your salary is still bigger, you know why? you where given by the company with 13th month pay, bonuses, health benefits, insurances and so on, while if you are working full time in bitcoin, what you will get is what it is..Besides, if we will be going full time in bitcoin,  then I think we shouldn't have our degrees in college or else focus on courses related to computer..

Yes it is always secure working for a day job because you are safe in a company that you are going to sign a contract. But if there's a bitcoin company that is going to offer you good compensation and has contract at all. Of course it is going to be a good opportunity if that happens.
And I'm going to try it maybe.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
23dzmaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:01:08 AM

Nah. I won't its very different if you have a stable job you have stable income. If you go full time in bitcoin, yeah you can earn now but how bout tomorrow or the other day its not stable..

Yeah i agree with you. The future of the job on bitcoin is really risky. I mean, you don't know what happen to bitcoin and the price itself for the next month or next year.
Vhern

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:02:58 AM

And yes this BTCjob is not that stable in my side perhaps in other they are already doing it someway or another.
But my idea is to save some BTC in the future and see it for myself how BTC save my life from financial times when I get older.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:12:15 AM

Nah. I won't its very different if you have a stable job you have stable income. If you go full time in bitcoin, yeah you can earn now but how bout tomorrow or the other day its not stable..

Yeah i agree with you. The future of the job on bitcoin is really risky. I mean, you don't know what happen to bitcoin and the price itself for the next month or next year.
I believe in your statement but if you are not willing to take the risk you cannot be a successful investor, you should take into consideration that leaving your job will only happen if you have a good amount of income already working online earning bitcoins.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:22:48 AM

Yes that is true that bitcoin job is really risky at all and we can't predict what is going to happen with bitcoin in the future. But there are people who are getting stable income with bitcoin and they are relying on their income with bitcoins daily and that's a good thing about it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:30:41 AM

For Me. NO. Because you don't know when bitcoin stops, if you still gain profit or not. Not stable I mean. Unlike a full time Day job, you have a fixed monthly salary plus if you are good at your job, you can gain bonuses. The most commonly job on bitcoin is trading and gambling. Yes you can earn as much as 10 BTC at trading but to be sure, that will take years or even decades sometimes. But if you'll ask me, I'll do them both, I will continue my Full time Day Job and earning bitcoin at the same time.

I am agree with you that bitcoin have not any stable job for everyone. only trading is a way to get profit which is not confirmed.
but as you said that no one know when bitcoin stops. this is not right. bitcoin took it's place and it won't stop ever. its price may drop and up but it won't get dead or hide.

and to be true there are lots of stable jobs also. but these are for educated and skilled persons. like developers. designers. programmers. and lots of peoples are already doing full time job.
Daneric

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:03:48 AM

If you have a day job it means you have a source of income and therefore there is no need to quit. Earning through bitcoin can be second income to complement what you currently have. it will be too unfortunate if you quit your job because of dealing in bitcoins because at the moment, I can say bitcoin trading is not that stable to give you confidence of earning a living from it.
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:36:20 AM

If you have a day job it means you have a source of income and therefore there is no need to quit. Earning through bitcoin can be second income to complement what you currently have. it will be too unfortunate if you quit your job because of dealing in bitcoins because at the moment, I can say bitcoin trading is not that stable to give you confidence of earning a living from it.
We work hard in our day job to have something for our family and to save in the future and that is the most important thing to do now. Our income in bitcoin is a big help for us so we should treasure the two jobs as anyhow it has provided us something that would help us to increase our income.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
babsalt1975

Activity: 526

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:42:49 AM

Quitting a day job for bitcoin will not be a very idea. I can only deal in bitcoin to get an extra income but I can not leave my job right now. My job, I am guaranteed of an income while in bitcoin, the price is so uncertain to the extend that you might wake up one day and find the I bitcoin is going for 100 dollars. That will be a massive loss of more than 500 dollars.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:14:10 AM

Quitting a day job for bitcoin will not be a very idea. I can only deal in bitcoin to get an extra income but I can not leave my job right now. My job, I am guaranteed of an income while in bitcoin, the price is so uncertain to the extend that you might wake up one day and find the I bitcoin is going for 100 dollars. That will be a massive loss of more than 500 dollars.
It could happen that the price will go back to $100 dollars and you will still receive your current salary in your day job if you think your company is more stable than bitcoin now. I can see there is a good future for bitcoin and those who hold on will be benefited.

Anyway, no need to quit if you are just investing but quit if you have a good job in the bitcoin world.

jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:42:35 AM

no i am not going to quit my job. it is my way of earning and the earning from bitcoin i consider it as an extra income and it just fulfill my pocket money.
I think it's not a problem for make bitcoin as an extra income, because the work on bitcoin is easy and only takes a little time. if you can still divide their time between working at a real job bitcoin and I think that's not a problem to have two jobs. but if it disturb you. you have to choose one among the two jobs it?

There is not much time consumption if you are only doing signature campaign. But other jobs like campaign managers, or escrows or traders will need more time to do their job. If their online jobs can be more productive than their offline jobs, then I think they can consider switching and leave their jobs for bitcoin. Otherwise, yeah, doing bitcoin as part time is always good.
peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:46:23 AM

no i am not going to quit my job. it is my way of earning and the earning from bitcoin i consider it as an extra income and it just fulfill my pocket money.
I think it's not a problem for make bitcoin as an extra income, because the work on bitcoin is easy and only takes a little time. if you can still divide their time between working at a real job bitcoin and I think that's not a problem to have two jobs. but if it disturb you. you have to choose one among the two jobs it?

There is not much time consumption if you are only doing signature campaign. But other jobs like campaign managers, or escrows or traders will need more time to do their job. If their online jobs can be more productive than their offline jobs, then I think they can consider switching and leave their jobs for bitcoin. Otherwise, yeah, doing bitcoin as part time is always good.

If you have multiple ways of earning bitcoins then you can afford to quit your job but if you are earning it from a single way then it will be good as an extra income.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:12:30 AM

It could happen that the price will go back to $100 dollars and you will still receive your current salary in your day job if you think your company is more stable than bitcoin now. I can see there is a good future for bitcoin and those who hold on will be benefited.

Anyway, no need to quit if you are just investing but quit if you have a good job in the bitcoin world.
Yeah, if you have stable bitcoin job as your day job, then it is good to quit and focus on your bitcoin. At least you manage your own time and you do not have to commute to work. You can do it on the comfort of your own home. But if you do not have a stable bitcoin gig, then don't. Stay with your job and be satisfied that bitcoin can give you extra income.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:42:12 AM

If you have multiple ways of earning bitcoins then you can afford to quit your job but if you are earning it from a single way then it will be good as an extra income.

Yes that's the only way to shift to full time bitcoin worker, if you have a lot of sources of income with bitcoin. But you must have assurance that it is going to be stable at all even the price of bitcoin is not stable at all. It is going to depend on how you are going to manage your time.
If you can work with bitcoin full time.

Yeah and you need to make sure that you are earning descent and big amount regularly so even if price drops in future you can still have an comfortable life.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:48:42 AM

For Me. NO. Because you don't know when bitcoin stops, if you still gain profit or not. Not stable I mean. Unlike a full time Day job, you have a fixed monthly salary plus if you are good at your job, you can gain bonuses. The most commonly job on bitcoin is trading and gambling. Yes you can earn as much as 10 BTC at trading but to be sure, that will take years or even decades sometimes. But if you'll ask me, I'll do them both, I will continue my Full time Day Job and earning bitcoin at the same time.

I am agree with you that bitcoin have not any stable job for everyone. only trading is a way to get profit which is not confirmed.
but as you said that no one know when bitcoin stops. this is not right. bitcoin took it's place and it won't stop ever. its price may drop and up but it won't get dead or hide.

and to be true there are lots of stable jobs also. but these are for educated and skilled persons. like developers. designers. programmers. and lots of peoples are already doing full time job.

To make a life from bitcoin you dont need to be skilled, you need luck if you are just focus into trading and if at others ares you need just some project related to bitcoin, soo this can be a paid task and then become your source of bitcoins, sure isnt easy to build a business and achieve sucess instant.
Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 11:07:17 AM

To make a life from bitcoin you dont need to be skilled, you need luck if you are just focus into trading and if at others ares you need just some project related to bitcoin, soo this can be a paid task and then become your source of bitcoins, sure isnt easy to build a business and achieve sucess instant.
You can't be serious if you say that luck will bring you a lot of bitcoins. Successful trading requires a good strategy and luck will have nothing to do with it most of the time. That is why the art of trading is a skill that must be learned if you intend on earning from it.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 11:38:45 AM

Yes that's the only way to shift to full time bitcoin worker, if you have a lot of sources of income with bitcoin. But you must have assurance that it is going to be stable at all even the price of bitcoin is not stable at all. It is going to depend on how you are going to manage your time.
If you can work with bitcoin full time.

Yeah and you need to make sure that you are earning descent and big amount regularly so even if price drops in future you can still have an comfortable life.

Yes that is very important especially when you are a family person and you have kids to feed and your wife/husband for daily living and needs.
But for me, it is better if you are going to depend on your daily full time job and going to treat bitcoin job as the part time job.
You must not decide without thinking it hundred times before.

Bitcoin is always good as an part time income and you cannot really depend on it for living, as price fluctuation will never allow you to earn stable income from it.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 11:40:50 AM

You can't be serious if you say that luck will bring you a lot of bitcoins. Successful trading requires a good strategy and luck will have nothing to do with it most of the time. That is why the art of trading is a skill that must be learned if you intend on earning from it.

exactly! trading successfully will depend on the level of knowledge that you have gained throughout the years. that dude thinks trading is the same as gambling as he is talking about luck. he is probably yolo buying himself some coins hoping the price will shoot up to way higher price levels in a short time. it doesn't work like that. there are too many dreamers in this forum.
sirohige

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:42:43 PM

in fact if you can get salary $1000 permonth from bitcoin then your salary at real job only $300 are you not interesting to quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin ?

for me i will do it friend Smiley
Carmen_Sandiego

Activity: 399

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:01:11 PM

It may not be a very good idea to go full time on it, it's still a high risk market.
It is a good idea to invest significant part of the time in the area, though.
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: