Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:15:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459156 times)
Gilf

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:50:30 AM

It depends on the job, and the level of stability, of course. But as we can see, things are not very stable in crypto lately.

If we are just going to think of it clearly, it is very hard if we are going to depend only with your full time job and it is going to be good if you are going to have a lot of sources of income. And it is going to be better if you are going to able to have your time for both of it. It seems that many are working for bitcoin in full time here.
If you work with bitcoin, it is necessary to work round the clock and not only during weekdays. The financial sector of the economy has not weekends and lunch hours.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:09:34 PM

It depends on the job, and the level of stability, of course. But as we can see, things are not very stable in crypto lately.

If we are just going to think of it clearly, it is very hard if we are going to depend only with your full time job and it is going to be good if you are going to have a lot of sources of income. And it is going to be better if you are going to able to have your time for both of it. It seems that many are working for bitcoin in full time here.

have income from various sources it is very good if you are able to manage the time for it, but if you can not manage a good time it will be chaotic. so better take jobs that have higher incomes.

Yes its always good to have multiple sources of income but that is only possible if you hold good time management skills, and if you have it then you can easily make good money in different ways.

That's true even professionals are doing it. Especially when they have a lot of spare time they are getting bored from it. They want that their spare time is going to be profitable and it is going to be good if we are going to allocate that time to bitcoin. Full time or part time as long as you are not having hard time to manage your time.

People who are not satisfied with their income will surely find the other way to earn money, and bitcoin is the best to earn some additional money and most of them are earning in the best possible way.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:11:47 PM

It would be too risky to quit your job but it would be good for you if you would make use of bitcoin too.
Yeah! it is true that quitting our job is too risky as we might not succeed in focusing with bitcoin. Our job provides us a stable and consistent income while in bitcoin we might lose our money, that's the big difference for everyone who wish to go full time with bitcoin.

There are many people who are full time in bitcoin especially the traders who are making good money with it but to get full time on bitcoin you also need high capital to invest at initial stage.
Maybe you can say that because you are just hearing one side of the story, not all traders are making money because if that is easy we are all into trading now, it needs a good skills and knowledge to be successful if not we will just doing it like a gambling that we rely on luck alone.
Well agree with you not all trader are lucky to get more profit when they trade , other trader get big loss when they accidentally buy shit coin. And they just hold they coin even though there just loosing there capital but don't have a choice but to hold it than loosing so much money.
That is part of the journey in trading, there are coins that has a good potential to be big in the future but suddenly it becomes a shit coins and you will surely lose a lot of money if you do not know how to diversify your investment.

Diversifying your investment is the key in combatting some losses in your trades. Although I am not good yet in trading, (surely will within the year Smiley ) diversifying makes a lot of sense. Because if we put all of our eggs in one basket and that basket fell completely, then all of our eggs is gone.
Yeah, that's right and I am saying that base on my experience, I have tried to trade this coins name LIR and I put a decent amount because I think it is very promising but it does not work the way I expect it to happen so now I regret it and my coins are stuck because I cannot sell it for profit.
This is like a lesson to learn, investing into some altcoin may be profitable as well turn into a nightmare, this is crypto world, thats why people must remember bitcoin potencial income is huge for skilled people like developers and people who have projects connected to bitcoin, normal people will get a small income from bitcoin, soo real work is needed to all of them, besides its advantages against bitcoin.
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:16:40 PM

It would be too risky to quit your job but it would be good for you if you would make use of bitcoin too.
Yeah! it is true that quitting our job is too risky as we might not succeed in focusing with bitcoin. Our job provides us a stable and consistent income while in bitcoin we might lose our money, that's the big difference for everyone who wish to go full time with bitcoin.

There are many people who are full time in bitcoin especially the traders who are making good money with it but to get full time on bitcoin you also need high capital to invest at initial stage.
Maybe you can say that because you are just hearing one side of the story, not all traders are making money because if that is easy we are all into trading now, it needs a good skills and knowledge to be successful if not we will just doing it like a gambling that we rely on luck alone.
Well agree with you not all trader are lucky to get more profit when they trade , other trader get big loss when they accidentally buy shit coin. And they just hold they coin even though there just loosing there capital but don't have a choice but to hold it than loosing so much money.
That is part of the journey in trading, there are coins that has a good potential to be big in the future but suddenly it becomes a shit coins and you will surely lose a lot of money if you do not know how to diversify your investment.

Diversifying your investment is the key in combatting some losses in your trades. Although I am not good yet in trading, (surely will within the year Smiley ) diversifying makes a lot of sense. Because if we put all of our eggs in one basket and that basket fell completely, then all of our eggs is gone.
Yeah, that's right and I am saying that base on my experience, I have tried to trade this coins name LIR and I put a decent amount because I think it is very promising but it does not work the way I expect it to happen so now I regret it and my coins are stuck because I cannot sell it for profit.
This is like a lesson to learn, investing into some altcoin may be profitable as well turn into a nightmare, this is crypto world, thats why people must remember bitcoin potencial income is huge for skilled people like developers and people who have projects connected to bitcoin, normal people will get a small income from bitcoin, soo real work is needed to all of them, besides its advantages against bitcoin.
That's why I like it here because all the opportunity can be found in the crypto world, we don't know each other but we are connected in this world. One cannot be judge by his scholastic record to be respected here but for his real accomplishment in the community, unlike in real world that it full of politics.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
plpbtc1526

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:33:15 PM

You cant just leave your job because it can give a steady income. Bitcoin is very unstable and we know that. Sometimes its low, sometimes its high. Theres no guarantee it will give you a decent profit. Job is very important so love your job. Its better to do job at the same time managing your bitcoin. I suggest invest your bitcoins, so small amount of time you have to spend at bitcoin and focus ou your job.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 01:31:53 PM

I think more are working as part time job. I think there are more signature campaigners than actual bitcoin enthusiasts or bitcoin traders. And if you are jusy earning thru signature campaign, I do not think you can go fulltime on bitcoin. Only those who have mining capabilities, traders and gambling site owners can go fulltime on bitcoin.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 01:46:02 PM

It is risky if you have no.actual plan to make steady income in bitcoin. But if you have a business or you are a good.trader, then you should have no problem transitioning from day job to bitcoin.
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 02:30:56 PM

It is risky if you have no.actual plan to make steady income in bitcoin. But if you have a business or you are a good.trader, then you should have no problem transitioning from day job to bitcoin.

You can earn descent income from trading but only if you are expert in it and also if you have enough capital to start off, and if you don't then its better to keep it an passive income.
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 03:10:07 PM

yeah though it is risky to be a trader at the moment, in my opinion they never can earn any steady income unfortunately

Being a trader, yes  you can go full time but the income is not guaranteed for everyday profits. Trading is a good way of source of income but it depends on how you trade the outcome would result in your  trading skills and decision making. Quiting your day job just to go fulltime in bitcoin is a very risky thing to do.
To be successful in trading, you need a lot of experience and knowledge in it. It cannot be done in a day. So before you quit your job to do trading, be sure you are already well versed in trading and can sustain an income. Otherwise, do it both so can have an income while mastering trading.
I think its better to earn from both of them as depending only on bitcoin can be risky, price may go very low in future and that will result in low income which may not take care of our expenses.
Better to be safe than sorry because bitcoin is just new to our life and it could not last for long. Just enjoy the moment and get the opportunity to earn while bitcoin's economy is so successful, let us do support bitcoin as it can also give us a good income when it succeeds more.

Also, You need to observe the bitcoin supply and demand rate to predict the right time to earn a great profit when you convert your BTC to Fiat. If you noticed, after the halving, the value of bitcoin reached above $700 but now its $570; those extra dollars missed actually count a lot.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 04:17:10 PM

have income from various sources it is very good if you are able to manage the time for it, but if you can not manage a good time it will be chaotic. so better take jobs that have higher incomes.

Having different sources of income is ideal because even if one of them dries up you still have other sources of revenue. However in order to do that you will probably need to have a job with flexible hours or being your own boss and having your own business.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 04:38:23 PM

Having different sources of income is ideal because even if one of them dries up you still have other sources of revenue. However in order to do that you will probably need to have a job with flexible hours or being your own boss and having your own business.

If you prefer to work on flexible hours and if you want to be your own boss then I think working on bitcoin is the best way to do that, the only thing you need to make sure that you are earning descent amount on  monthly basis.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 08:50:12 PM

already done that my day job is signature campaign lol, job kill your life, with signature i can earn comfortably at home without paying any taxes on it, because i'm not selling bitcoin or anything, this is the best part of it

being payed directly in bitcoin with those kind of activity is fantastic

you must be earning a lot already because of signature campaign and I guess this is not your only account because weekly or monthly pay of signature campaigns is not really that big
i agree with you that signature campaign pay bitcoin in very low amount like as .02 bitcoin in week and you are right there is no signature campaign who pay bitcoin in big amount. 
ecommerce

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:56:56 PM

I may do this  if bitcoin price goes up to 2000$ and singature campaigns pay the money equal to what they are paying now.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:29:15 PM

You can earn descent income from trading but only if you are expert in it and also if you have enough capital to start off, and if you don't then its better to keep it an passive income.

It is sad but it is true. You cannot just venture into trading without enough capital. You can start small but the income will not be enough to make a living out of it. But if you have enough capital and really good.at predicting the trend, then you can live comfortably using trading income.
23dzmaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 12:20:20 AM

I may do this  if bitcoin price goes up to 2000$ and singature campaigns pay the money equal to what they are paying now.

If the price of bitcoin goes up to $2000, i'm sure the rates on signature campaign will decrease following the bitcoins price and i think earning only from signature campaign can't earn a living. It's better to continue your day job.
Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 12:27:43 AM

If the price of bitcoin goes up to $2000, i'm sure the rates on signature campaign will decrease following the bitcoins price and i think earning only from signature campaign can't earn a living. It's better to continue your day job.

Yeah,. It's a sure thing to do. for if it is not done, it will increase the amount of funds budgeted for the campaign sign. Because I think that the purpose of the campaign sign to make their sites became popular and used by everyone, if they put out a pretty big budget but devotees are a bit then it would not be a good thing
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 12:36:39 AM

Yeah,. It's a sure thing to do. for if it is not done, it will increase the amount of funds budgeted for the campaign sign. Because I think that the purpose of the campaign sign to make their sites became popular and used by everyone, if they put out a pretty big budget but devotees are a bit then it would not be a good thing

If bitcoins price would reach $2k , for sure they would adjust  the payrates they will maintain the rate exact on dollars basis since  the  money they would use is in dollars no matter high it is  the amount  in bitcoins  would change only its figures  but the value or equivalent of it  would be still the same as of  this day. Just my opinion.

Ziskinberg

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636

For campaign management look for Little Mouse!

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 02:02:56 AM

If bitcoins price would reach $2k , for sure they would adjust  the payrates they will maintain the rate exact on dollars basis since  the  money they would use is in dollars no matter high it is  the amount  in bitcoins  would change only its figures  but the value or equivalent of it  would be still the same as of  this day. Just my opinion.
Some would not change because we are not just basing in dollars here, remember that we are compose of many countries here and if the amount is only base on dollars it is just an indirect way of saying that they are more dominant than other countries who are also active here.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 02:39:10 AM

It is sad but it is true. You cannot just venture into trading without enough capital. You can start small but the income will not be enough to make a living out of it. But if you have enough capital and really good.at predicting the trend, then you can live comfortably using trading income.

So before we decide to quit our day job to do trading, we need to have a good amount of savings and capital for trading. Both are separate - savings is what you will use while you have no regular income while capital is the one that you will be going to use for your trading. Both must be separate of use.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 02:42:58 AM

That's a very true statement, there was a movie that I watched a few months ago called "The Big Short" and there was a pair of investors interested in getting a specific license in order to start high-risk trading, yet they needed $1.5B or something close to that in order to qualify for the capital requirements. In the real world and in Bitcoin there is definitely a ton of capital required to do well.
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: