Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:03:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459153 times)
CEG5952 (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:11:50 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 10:32:12 AM by CEG5952

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:18:26 AM

Going all in on Bitcoin is just too risky an investment at this stage in the game. Don't get me wrong, Bitcoin has made great strides over the years, but it's still a young concept. If someone is 100% set on working within the Bitcoin community full time, the safest way to achieve this is as an entrepeneur within the community part time, and quitting your day job if/when you get a successful business model in place.
CEG5952 (OP)

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:21:03 AM

Going all in on Bitcoin is just too risky an investment at this stage in the game. Don't get me wrong, Bitcoin has made great strides over the years, but it's still a young concept. If someone is 100% set on working within the Bitcoin community full time, the safest way to achieve this is as an entrepeneur within the community part time, and quitting your day job if/when you get a successful business model in place.

That's what I thought too. I've seen people being successful in the internet over the years and not just by bitcoin.

Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:48:24 AM

Wise men diversify their investments and always seek out extra inflow of wealth, so do i by their lead. I am not yet ready to give up regular full-time job because
currently it provides me with much more income than what i earn with bitcoin.
I know some people that did commit soley to bitcoin, but sadly it didn't work out for all of them, and some now have huge loans (mostly those who invested in bitcoin mining operation) and
have no good source off income to return it.

One day in the future i believe there will be enough space and wealth bitcoin related, and many will find their place in bitcoin related service or jobs, but for now, it's best
to leave it as a side job, and additional source of income (or better yet just save it on the side, because we all know that bitcoin will either thrive one day)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nickaizoku

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

❃ CyberNick ❃

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:16:06 AM

well yeah of course, who wanna work under people.. i wan to leave my job NOW! but Sad still don have stable income for bitcoin now

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:20:22 AM

Currently it would be hard to leave a day job for bitcoin.   You would have to have a skill people want to buy for BTC.

Or have a good amount of investment money.   And it would be an investment.   Still working + BTC is chances are better long run.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:23:04 AM

Right now, I can't afford to do anything like this. But in 2013, one of my friends resigned from his full-time job, and tried to start a Bitcoin-based venture (an online gambling site which accepts Bitcoins). He asked me to join too, but I refused the offer as I didn't had enough funds with me. The venture was a failure, and within 5-6 months, he went back to his regular job.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:06:18 AM

already done that my day job is signature campaign lol, job kill your life, with signature i can earn comfortably at home without paying any taxes on it, because i'm not selling bitcoin or anything, this is the best part of it

being payed directly in bitcoin with those kind of activity is fantastic
Kasawari

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:18:04 AM

already done that my day job is signature campaign lol, job kill your life, with signature i can earn comfortably at home without paying any taxes on it, because i'm not selling bitcoin or anything, this is the best part of it

you must be earning a lot already because of signature campaign and I guess this is not your only account because weekly or monthly pay of signature campaigns is not really that big
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:24:00 AM

For sure I will live my day job but if I will be sure that my new job which be paid in bitcoin be sure and the compensation will be much better than the payment I received with the fiat money. I believe in bitcoin. But part of it I will change in fiat money because me and my family will live. The rest will be accumulated and spent when bitcoin will be 10 000 $ one.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:26:40 AM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.

The choice I will do for sure it will do to do both. My day job and the job which give me bitcoin. With the regular money (fiat money) I will live the everyday life with my family. While the bitcoins probably will be accumulated or spent in occasion when the fiat money aren't enough. For example for the college of my childrens.
Kasawari

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:34:11 AM

I'm planning to join signature campaigns when my rank is promoted to Jr Member and all payments from sig campaigns will not be touched untill needed. Maybe if my rank is higher like Senior or Hero Member where pay is higher i'll consider doing this a part time 
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:20:39 AM

probably not for now, if the bitcoin price happens to get much more stable than it is right now, i might consider it. but then 50% bitcoin and 50% payout as usual.
CEG5952 (OP)

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:36:36 AM

I'm pretty sure you're earning a lot on signature campaign. I mean look at that post count lol. It just looks amazing considering you can post with quality and quantity.

I'm planning to join signature campaigns when my rank is promoted to Jr Member and all payments from sig campaigns will not be touched untill needed. Maybe if my rank is higher like Senior or Hero Member where pay is higher i'll consider doing this a part time 

You can invest and buy some accounts here on the marketplace section to start earning some good money.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:40:48 AM

you must be earning a lot already because of signature campaign and I guess this is not your only account because weekly or monthly pay of signature campaigns is not really that big

there is no sense to have another account with bit-x, i have other account like everyone else but they are there sitting without doing nothing, don't have much time to post with the other, i prefer to focus on one only, otherwise it will be too stressful
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:10:11 AM

Right now, I can't afford to do anything like this. But in 2013, one of my friends resigned from his full-time job, and tried to start a Bitcoin-based venture (an online gambling site which accepts Bitcoins). He asked me to join too, but I refused the offer as I didn't had enough funds with me. The venture was a failure, and within 5-6 months, he went back to his regular job.

The problem is he start with online gambling, i think that's your friend foul. Maybe if your friend buy a lot bitcoin and sell when price high. He will be millionare now
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1491
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 11:57:38 AM

go full time on bitcoin i feel, doesn't necessarily mean just buying a bunch of bitcoins. you can always find a job in the industry.

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:15:15 PM

Im pretty much convinced Bitcoin will turn out a global success at the end and people holding now for 10+ years will get tons of purchasing power, my question is, if you quit now, OP what are you going to do in the meantime? Unfortunately signature campaigns don't pay enough to live off them, they are a small bonus, so whats your B plan? do you have any business or a way to get passive income through Bitcoin somehow?
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:29:18 PM

Focusing on BTC, I'm not sure what that means. Since I see BTC as a currency, that would mean like focusing on $ or € and I don't see many people being successful with that. You can only focus on a business, and frankly I hope there will never be a successful BTC-based business. I want BTC to be successful, not a few fat cats in London, or in California.

I wish some clients would pay me with BTC, but that hasn't happened so far.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:33:47 PM

Yea not as a trader.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: