Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:55:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web  (Read 136741 times)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6095

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:00:07 PM

Edit: I have one task for community - can anyone create Slimcoin related Proof of burn with Slimcoin logo - to be applicable for facebook and twitter background image? I'm reorganizing now twitter and creating facebook page, to inform people about SLM.

Great idea - If I didn't suck that much at graphics I would try it Grin but I fully support that proposal.

I have created once, just for fun, a Slimcoin logo that was a bit similar to Peercoin's old logo (that one that still appears in http://peerco.in/ ) but replacing the leaf with a flame for reference to Proof of Burn. I lost the file, unfortunately, but it didn't look that bad. It's obviously not a logo for a background image but maybe it can inspire someone Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:32:16 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/6m9oyd/10_obscure_altcoins_that_merit_a_closer_look_by/

You guys have a mention in this post. Looks like the guy knows his shit.

How could actively developed coin have around 30 BTC market cap?

gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:56:04 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/6m9oyd/10_obscure_altcoins_that_merit_a_closer_look_by/

For FTC, VTC and SLM i agree 100%. SLM time is coming
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:28:08 AM

I believe we should begin making the necessary steps to gain $SLM listing on Cryptopia.

They've recently delisted Sprouts, complaining that the wallet kept crashing for them. They would likely have an identical experience with the Slimcoin wallet.

Why would they?

d5000
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:58:06 AM

That may be the reason for the small three buys yesterday Wink

Well, the article is right - but Slimcoin is only on place 822 because Coinmarketcap isn't able to calculate its market cap. That's because for that you must rest the balance of the burn address from the "total supply" and that would need a specialized block explorer with API.

Slimcoin has - after the last buys up to the price of ~ 0,01 USD - a market cap of about ~160.000 USD. That means that it's "real" rank is about ~400 (near nice old coins like Newbium or Solaris). That doesn't mean that it cannot reach #200, #100 or even more Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:08:40 AM

That may be the reason for the small three buys yesterday Wink

Well, the article is right - but Slimcoin is only on place 822 because Coinmarketcap isn't able to calculate its market cap. That's because for that you must rest the balance of the burn address from the "total supply" and that would need a specialized block explorer with API.

Slimcoin has - after the last buys up to the price of ~ 0,01 USD - a market cap of about ~160.000 USD. That means that it's "real" rank is about ~400 (near nice old coins like Newbium or Solaris). That doesn't mean that it cannot reach #200, #100 or even more Wink

In reality we have much less than 400th, because volume is inconsistent, and not trading even daily. Not so much awareness.
Maybe not 822 position, but not more than 700th I think - too low vol, and because of this coinmarketcap don't count our 'market cap'.
0.5BTC in bids is just to small to count in. Supply is also rather tiny (but in this 2 months has widen from 300 to 400 thousand).
@dzarmush - Tell me why Cheesy. We don't know also.
Slimcoin was long time ago dead, and a lot of people just don't know the concept, and the things what are going on here.
I'm a contibutor, try to make more convient for users, also. We aren't fancy for now about any marketing, I just recently, started some project to make twitter and fb page, but it's under construction.
gliridian

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:06:56 AM

hi I'm new to cryptocurrencies.

And I've read about Slimcoin and I found it as a promising old coin.

And also I've read that this is still mineable in an ordinary pc.

I also downloaded the slimcoin-qt wallet and tried mining using this instruction:

"Help (Tab) > Debug window > Console (Tab)  and type;

setgenerate true

which will start mining Slimcoin with all CPU cores / threads.

or setgenerate true 'number of CPU cores / threads' i.e.

setgenerate true 4

which selects the number of CPU cores / threads to mine with.

to confirm your mining hash rate type;

gethashespersec"

However, I am not sure if I'm doing it right because I'm not seeing any coins appearing after days of mining...

I'm not a programmer, I'm an art teacher, so I'm having difficulty on executing or following the directions in this thread about mining slimcoin...

I don't know if this is too much...

But please, could someone do a short, in layman's term, step-by-step tutorial on how to mine slimcoin?

I would really appreciate it. I've been reading on this for days and can't really figure out how to mine this thing...

Thank you very much in advance to the slimcoin community for helping me and others like me...
muf18

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:46:36 AM

I also downloaded the slimcoin-qt wallet and tried mining using this instruction:

setgenerate true

setgenerate true 4

gethashespersec"

However, I am not sure if I'm doing it right because I'm not seeing any coins appearing after days of mining...

I'm not a programmer, I'm an art teacher, so I'm having difficulty on executing or following the directions in this thread about mining slimcoin...

But please, could someone do a short, in layman's term, step-by-step tutorial on how to mine slimcoin?

I would really appreciate it. I've been reading on this for days and can't really figure out how to mine this thing...

Thank you very much in advance to the slimcoin community for helping me and others like me...

What is your specs of PC and what operating system do you have?
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 10:59:19 AM

Why would they?

The general experience is that without an appropriate account management scheme, a steady stream of stake txs inevitably translates into an ever-increasing demand on the CPU as the client thrashes through the accumulated stake txs, calculating each one's contribution to the overall stake weight.

(Forensic archaeology informs me that subscribers to the original Slimcoin thread had worked this out for themselves but the lesson had gotten somewhat lost in the mists of time.)

The Sprouts codebase is very close to Slimcoin's and several Sprouts users were reporting client issues with excessive CPU usage and the Windows client crashing at frequent intervals, identical to those experienced by some Slimcoin client operators.

The exchange reported that the Sprouts wallet crashed every few minutes, a severity apparently not experienced by any other operator of the Sprouts client. Whilst it is possible the exchange were experiencing some totally unrelated problem that was uniquely specific to their set-up, one would expect them to be motivated to solve their specific issue rather than bail out by de-listing the coin. But, as the man said: “It’s 2017 and nothing makes sense any more”.

IMO it's a reasonable conjecture that exchanges which configure their Sprouts or Slimcoin client to earn mint-by-proof-of-stake rewards on client deposits are likely to experience this problem to a significant degree unless the stake calculation CPU demand is adequately supported with additional compute resources.

(That's my understanding at least. Happy to be corrected)

Cheers

Graham

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:24:25 AM

Why would they?

The general experience is that without an appropriate account management scheme, a steady stream of stake txs inevitably translates into an ever-increasing demand on the CPU as the client thrashes through the accumulated stake txs, calculating each one's contribution to the overall stake weight.

(Forensic archaeology informs me that subscribers to the original Slimcoin thread had worked this out for themselves but the lesson had gotten somewhat lost in the mists of time.)

The Sprouts codebase is very close to Slimcoin's and several Sprouts users were reporting client issues with excessive CPU usage and the Windows client crashing at frequent intervals, identical to those experienced by some Slimcoin client operators.

The exchange reported that the Sprouts wallet crashed every few minutes, a severity apparently not experienced by any other operator of the Sprouts client. Whilst it is possible the exchange were experiencing some totally unrelated problem that was uniquely specific to their set-up, one would expect them to be motivated to solve their specific issue rather than bail out by de-listing the coin. But, as the man said: “It’s 2017 and nothing makes sense any more”.

IMO it's a reasonable conjecture that exchanges which configure their Sprouts or Slimcoin client to earn mint-by-proof-of-stake rewards on client deposits are likely to experience this problem to a significant degree unless the stake calculation CPU demand is adequately supported with additional compute resources.

(That's my understanding at least. Happy to be corrected)

Cheers

Graham

Novaexchange seems to not having client issues.

gliridian

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:22:39 PM

setgenerate true

setgenerate true 4

gethashespersec"

Hi, I'm running on Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Ram: 16 GB
Sytem type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
muf18

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:45:36 PM

setgenerate true

setgenerate true 4

gethashespersec"

Hi, I'm running on Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Ram: 16 GB
Sytem type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Maybe you don't have whole blockchain synchronized?
Try this - it's my installer with Slimcoin client Wallet with whole blockchain till 06.07.2017.
After installation it will create shortcut to Slimcoin wallet on the desktop.

https://mega.nz/#!h3Z01Z6J!x8D0qP-fyratQZSyIdvhA4DiyKTAuATfs2rYNf9_fVE
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:24:01 PM

Comment from reddit. You probably know all of that and SLM is still in v0.5, just wanted to repost an opinion from someone who was interested in mining.

"I ran across slimcoin a couple of days ago while trying to find something that an old device could mine that had potential, I like the proof of burn concept and overall it looked promising, but I gave up on trying to mine it as the client was crude. I like the premise overall it just seems crude. Should I use http://www.slimcoin.club to mine through browser? Slimminer seemed like a pain to set up."

muf18

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:36:58 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 01:49:51 PM by muf18

Did you try what I posted?

If yes, you should be able to synchronise whole blockchain. Than you type in console 'setgenerate true', and that's all.
Slimminer is still experimental, we must develop, a stable version of it, and then it will be good miner.
There is also GPU miner, but it's highly experimental, I have strange issues with it.
bobitza202

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:56:00 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 03:07:34 PM by bobitza202

Edit: I have one task for community - can anyone create Slimcoin related Proof of burn with Slimcoin logo - to be applicable for facebook and twitter background image? I'm reorganizing now twitter and creating facebook page, to inform people about SLM.

So i made some stuff, it's a little amateur-ish  Tongue

d5000
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:01:13 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 02:13:33 PM by d5000

I have covered the PoS resource usage problem on the slimco.in website in the Proof of Stake guide. (Graham, correct me if there's something wrong)

When trying to get Slimcoin added to an exchange, it would be good to communicate the issue to the exchanges (or other services) before paying their fee.

@gliridian: To help solving your problem, it would be good to know the outputs of the following commands in the debug console/CLI client:

getinfo (to know if you are correctly synchronized)
gethashespersec (to know how strong your mining power is - if it's not 0 then you are mining)

Generally, Slimcoin can be mined like every other Bitcoin/Peercoin derivative. There is a very rough mining guide here: http://slimco.in/mining-guide/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:20:57 PM

Proof of burn your eyes )

bobitza202

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:43:54 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 03:06:11 PM by bobitza202

Proof of burn your eyes )

Well, i had to go with yellow, maybe those black stripes create too much contrast, i'll think of something

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:00:20 PM

anybody interested in selling some coins? like 50-100K
if so, could you please pm me your price

muf18

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:33:34 PM

Thanks @bobitza202 I set up with your work, fb page, and youtube channel will be in a second, with first short film.

https://www.facebook.com/slimcoin.community/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: