Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:27:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web  (Read 136746 times)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6270

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
March 17, 2021, 01:03:21 AM

I believe (please correct if I'm wrong) mempool.dat is a file only present in Bitcoin and coins based on newer Bitcoin code, and that it has nothing to do with Proof of Burn. For example, my Peercoin and Groestlcoin nodes have a mempool.dat, but I think I had never a mempool.dat file in my Slimcoin data directory.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2021, 01:54:48 AM

Shouldn't I have a mempool.dat file in my Slimcoin directory?
No, you'll only find that in clones of Bitcoin 0.15 or later.

Cheers

Graham
emrgohff

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2021, 10:32:01 PM

The problem is not in the burned coins but in the

Balance = 41.69 SLM (transactions = 75)
Report = 41.69 SLM (transactions = 75)
Coin Control Features = 0 SLM

Coin control was not a feature of the original Slimcoin clone of Peercoin's clone of Bitcoin 0.6, it was backported later.

By default, the wallet will choose to collate a set of smaller transactions to make up the intended amount. The original clone is of Bitcoin 0.6 and at this early stage of the development of Bitcoin's codebase, this algorithm is very simple, it starts with the smallest tx values in order. As d5000 has already explained, the "Unable to send transactions" means that in order to make up the total you are trying to send, the wallet has to collate a number of transactions that exceeds the encoded limit. The solution is to gradually reduce the UTXO set by sending very small amounts at first, gradually increasing the amount.

Step one: close client, restart with -rescan=1 option. Wait until complete.

Step two: Try sending a small (e.g. 0.25) SLM to an address you control.

Stop here. Please report back on whether you can successfully send a tx of 0.25 SLM to yourself.

If successful, repeat with the amount x 2, continue until "Unable to Send Transaction", go back one step, continue to send that amount repeatedly until all your SLM are collated into a single address.

When I did this, I repeated the exercise, working my way down from my total balance until the tx succeeded.

And thanks for trying to help, but in my opinion it's from the version code, something is working less well in this version.
You might care to back up your opinion by inspecting the source code: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin and identifying the likely cause of your difficulty.

Cheers

Graham

With the command "sendtoaddress <slimcoin> <amount>" on the console, I can send SLM to another wallet (but the Slimcoin version: v0.6.0.0-g8e9fe2c-alpha client, CLOSES and it is necessary to restart the one in my case it takes about five 30 minutes), which I can't do using the "Send Coins" function.

In short, I don't know why the customer closes after making the transaction and still doesn't understand if using "send coins" gives (Error: Transaction creation failed)
emrgohff

View Profile
March 17, 2021, 10:35:45 PM

Coin control was not a feature of the original Slimcoin clone of Peercoin's clone of Bitcoin 0.6, it was backported later.

By default, the wallet will choose to collate a set of smaller transactions to make up the intended amount. The original clone is of Bitcoin 0.6 and at this early stage of the development of Bitcoin's codebase, this algorithm is very simple, it starts with the smallest tx values in order. As d5000 has already explained, the "Unable to send transactions" means that in order to make up the total you are trying to send, the wallet has to collate a number of transactions that exceeds the encoded limit. The solution is to gradually reduce the UTXO set by sending very small amounts at first, gradually increasing the amount.

Stop here. Please report back on whether you can successfully send a tx of 0.25 SLM to yourself.

If successful, repeat with the amount x 2, continue until "Unable to Send Transaction", go back one step, continue to send that amount repeatedly until all your SLM are collated into a single address.

When I did this, I repeated the exercise, working my way down from my total balance until the tx succeeded.

And thanks for trying to help, but in my opinion it's from the version code, something is working less well in this version.
You might care to back up your opinion by inspecting the source code: https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin and identifying the likely cause of your difficulty.

Cheers

Graham

Unfortunately, I still don't have the knowledge to analyze the code and propose solutions .... but for everything I reported, something less good is happening in this version.
emrgohff

View Profile
March 17, 2021, 11:23:47 PM

Cheers

Graham

gjhiggins: I’ve been following your good work for a while now, at GAPCOIN, where I’ve been enjoying your good work (Gapcoin Core version v0.16.3.0-6defb3bcb-minki (64-bit), but in SLIMCOIN (v0.6.0.0 -g8e9fe2c-alpha) in my opinion the result is not the same and in the negative but you know why.

Sorry for another annoyance, but my intention is to try to help you with things that I appreciate and like despite being a newbie and maybe that's why I can't report the problems properly and also don't know almost anything about code.

d5000
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 02:06:25 AM

gjhiggins: I’ve been following your good work for a while now, at GAPCOIN, where I’ve been enjoying your good work (Gapcoin Core version v0.16.3.0-6defb3bcb-minki (64-bit), but in SLIMCOIN (v0.6.0.0 -g8e9fe2c-alpha) in my opinion the result is not the same and in the negative but you know why.
Sorry to interfere here, but you can't blame gjhiggins for that. The Slimcoin code is very ancient (it is derived from BTC 0.6) and this and implementation errors at the start by the original developer is the root of most problems. The fact that we are having a working blockchain and the coin can even be traded on an exchange after 7 years is mostly his merit, even if he describes himself only as an "occasional contributor" (and I understand perfectly why). The coin was almost completely dead in late 2016.

Fortunately there is hope that the code will see a significant update in the forseeable future Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2021, 05:05:11 AM

despite being a newbie and maybe that's why I can't report the problems properly
Not newbie:

Name:    emrgohff
Date Registered:    2014-01-21, 10:41:19

And if you can't be bothered to edit your posts properly so that they don't fill up the thread uselessly, I can't be bother to reply in depth.

“Stop here. Please report back on whether you can successfully send a tx of 0.25 SLM to yourself.” Did you follow these instructions?

it is necessary to restart the one in my case it takes about five 30 minutes
That suggests inadequate hardware. This elderly codebase will struggle on old machines.

In short, I don't know why the customer closes after making the transaction and still doesn't understand if using "send coins" gives (Error: Transaction creation failed)
Neither do I, no-one else seems to have this problem, looks like it's an issue with your setup. Try exporting your privkeys and importing them into a fresh wallet. If that doesn't fix the problem, nothing will.

Cheers

Graham

johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
March 19, 2021, 05:55:54 PM

@emrgohff we all are trying hard to help you, but we don't know what results you've got for each of many suggestions we've given.
Would you kindly let us know what you've tried so far and what are your outputs for each action?

casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 08:08:57 AM

which colours are diff and hr in wallet ? diff = yellow ?
johnwhitestar

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 01:28:25 PM

I don't really know, maybe it's possible to see in the source code?

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2021, 11:50:34 PM

I don't really know, maybe it's possible to see in the source code?
The one that moves around a lot bluey-purple/rgb(145, 137, 255) is hashrate, the one that moves much less orange/rgb(255, 165, 18)  is difficulty.

Cheers,

Graham
johnwhitestar

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 04:19:58 PM

@PeterColumboFalk seems like you server works fine while I've just discovered mine was absolutely of no help in all the months I'm keeping it alive.
Would you please let me see your slimcoin.conf, so I'll be able contribute to the net security with my servers as well?

PeterColumboFalk

Activity: 81
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 07:03:44 PM

@PeterColumboFalk seems like you server works fine while I've just discovered mine was absolutely of no help in all the months I'm keeping it alive.
Would you please let me see your slimcoin.conf, so I'll be able contribute to the net security with my servers as well?

My conf is very common. The dedicated host is not behind a firewall or router, but has a direct connection to the internet.

Code:
rpcuser=...
rpcpassword=...
daemon=1
maxconnections=64

I have trouble too. My home staking wallet (v0.6.0 on windows 8.1) does not mint since I restarted it about two months ago. I restarted it some times but no success. And it has only three active connections. It's uptodate with the CryptoID explorer.  I enable minting with the command
Code:
walletpassphrase "XXXXXXXX" 99999999 true
johnwhitestar

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 08:45:43 PM

My conf is very common. The dedicated host is not behind a firewall or router, but has a direct connection to the internet.

Code:
rpcuser=...
rpcpassword=...
daemon=1
maxconnections=64

I have trouble too. My home staking wallet (v0.6.0 on windows 8.1) does not mint since I restarted it about two months ago. I restarted it some times but no success. And it has only three active connections. It's uptodate with the CryptoID explorer.  I enable minting with the command
Code:
walletpassphrase "XXXXXXXX" 99999999 true

Thank you very much!

Maybe we need to hire a dev to work on these issues. I'm not a dev myself. Maybe you know someone? Let's speak on Discord?

PeterColumboFalk

Activity: 81
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 08:17:59 AM

I'm not on discord. I'm not a dev too, I could not help.
johnwhitestar

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 08:52:09 AM

I'm not on discord. I'm not a dev too, I could not help.

Grin

Thank you very much, never mind, hopefully we'll be able to find a solution.

casper77
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 09:13:31 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2021, 09:33:48 AM by casper77

client v6 stucks on win&lin with my old wallet.dat, with size of this over 4mb

dumping and importing all privkeys in fresh wallet show that i have only 6k burning coins instead of 20k really
johnwhitestar

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 11:47:39 AM

client v6 stucks on win&lin with my old wallet.dat, with size of this over 4mb

dumping and importing all privkeys in fresh wallet show that i have only 6k burning coins instead of 20k really

Is there any external tool to see what is your burned coins amount should be?

d5000
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 02:54:46 AM

Can you still access the old wallet file, at least for a short time? So you can get a complete list of your addresses?

I guess your list of imported private keys is incomplete ... which command did you use to see the addresses? The list in the qt wallet or the command listaddressgroupings?

Try listaddressgroupings (in the Debug console or with the slimcoind daemon) and check if there is any address missing where you still have to import the private key into the new wallet. listaddressgroupings (afaik) lists all addresses which were used at least once to send coins, so the addresses to access your burned coins should be definitively there.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
casper77
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 04:20:44 AM

Can you still access the old wallet file, at least for a short time? So you can get a complete list of your addresses?
I guess your list of imported private keys is incomplete ... which command did you use to see the addresses? The list in the qt wallet or the command listaddressgroupings?
Try listaddressgroupings (in the Debug console or with the slimcoind daemon) and check if there is any address missing where you still have to import the private key into the new wallet. listaddressgroupings (afaik) lists all addresses which were used at least once to send coins, so the addresses to access your burned coins should be definitively there.

listaddressgroupings
Method not found (code -32601)

i just open my wallet.dat in notepad and found all addresses by searching for word "name"
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: