Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:42:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom Ultima Version Development Thread  (Read 24617 times)
noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:30:41 PM

Crypto Kingdom Development Update

So there is some very good news on the horizon. We have just met up with the wizard in his castle, and his magical experiments are nearly at their conclusion! What does this mean to you? Well, here is a bit of conversation in internal dev chat:

sphericon: can we release yet?

wizarddeveloper: it will require an hour or two of my work today and we are ready after that  Smiley

So I'm crossing my fingers, but it sounds like once we get the goahead from the wizard (today??!?) we can reimport the initial database import, revert data to all good, and then the game is unpaused!!!

I will let you all know as soon as you can pull the trigger Smiley

Monero.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:19:15 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 04:49:02 PM by rpietila

Hi,

This might be a right place to ask about the speedy reinstating of the automatic King's Coinshop. It definitely adds a great amount of liquidity when open.

It works as follows:
- 100 CKG gold bars are used as a standard item
- The character owns ~200,000 CKG, and all of it is listed for sale in an exponential ladder starting from 700,000 and reaching 50,000,000.
- Also all of the 25,000,000,000 m is listed in bids, reaching from 650,000 to 1, and covering all the CKG that exists.
- Each time one ask is executed, a bid is added to the next higher bid level (a fixed number of levels will remain empty to be the "spread" which allows others to set up walls etc., otherwise the bids and asks use the same price points, resulting in that the percentage spread stays constant)
- If a bid is executed, the ask ladder similarly creeps down.

Someone can tell what methods allow this script?

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 04:02:24 PM

So I'm crossing my fingers, but it sounds like once we get the goahead from the wizard (today??!?)

I read that as ....once we get the goathead from the wizard--I was thinking, "Noms is really committing to character."

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:37:48 AM

Hi,

This might be a right place to ask about the speedy reinstating of the automatic King's Coinshop. It definitely adds a great amount of liquidity when open.

It works as follows:
- The character owns ~200,000 CKG, and all of it is listed for sale in an exponential ladder starting from 700,000 and reaching 50,000,000.
- Also all of the 25,000,000,000 m is listed in bids, reaching from 650,000 to 1, and covering all the CKG that exists.
- Each time one ask is executed, a bid is added to the next higher bid level (a fixed number of levels will remain empty to be the "spread" which allows others to set up walls etc., otherwise the bids and asks use the same price points, resulting in that the percentage spread stays constant)

You will need:
- GET method that returns the open order book (asks and bids) for an item
- POST method that returns your completed trade history for a certain item
- POST method to add buy/sell orders (already done)
- POST method to cancelBid/cancelAsk (already done?)

Bonus method that would be nice, but not completely necessary given the above:
- POST method to moveOrder, that would cancel an existing order and place a new one immediately in the same transaction (can define new rate and amount)

From there it is a matter of writing a script that checks your trade history at a regular interval, if changed then evaluate the order book, and place new orders accordingly.

Also would be nice to expose an "orderID" of some variety, to make it easier to cancel existing orders. For example ("cancel <orderID>" instead of having to do "cancel <item> <quantity> <price>").

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:08:10 AM

Hi,

It works as follows:

You will need:
- POST method that returns your completed trade history for a certain item
- POST method to add buy/sell orders (already done)

From there it is a matter of writing a script that checks your trade history at a regular interval, if changed then evaluate the order book, and place new orders accordingly.

Also would be nice to expose an "orderID" of some variety, to make it easier to cancel existing orders. For example ("cancel <orderID>" instead of having to do "cancel <item> <quantity> <price>").

Thanks,

King's Coinshop does not cancel orders. Its operation (once initialized with the "infinite ladder") can be summarized as follows:
- Every time King's Coinshop bid is executed, place an ask 3% higher than the bid was.
- Every time King's Coinshop ask is executed, place a bid 3% lower than the ask was.

This is the law and the prophets.

Therefore, the methods needed are reduced to:
- query of trade history.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
noms

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:15:56 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 09:27:09 AM by noms

Development Update - Release of Ultima is imminent!

The app code has reached RC status! The dev team has been tirelessly testing and it has been a combined effort of myself, The Wizard, Moneromooo and SirJacket. There have been a number of major blocker bugs fixed, the most important one being the Agora Exchange matching issue. At this point everything we have tried has worked, and there have been zero errors in any trading that has taken place.

New User Registration
You will be happy to know that new user registration has been added to the game and has been tested and is working!  Now everyone who wants to join will be able to Smiley

API Information

There is an API in the game, which is the path for 3rd-party integrations. The following functionality that is currently in the GUI app can now be replicated via API commands:

Public:
-------
/post-command
/getStateForItem/:itemID

Admin-Only
-----------
/setState
/getState
/resetState/:token

To call the API you need to pass a json data payload to it, with this type of format:

Code:
URL: /api/post-command

Method: POST

Request

{
    "token": "0001-7f000001-......-d7bcb690",
    "command": "buy",
    "itemID": "MEAD",
    "amount": "2",
"price": "120000"

}

A token is required, which can be obtained from the URL: /api/login

Code:
Method: POST

Request

{
    "deviceID": "112312312312312312",
    "username": "123",
    "password": "somePassword"
 }

I have also quickly written a PHP wrapper class that should make coding bots easier. You can get to it here: https://github.com/spherico/ck_api

It's not perfect and probably has some bugs, but it encapsulates the basic functionality of the API. You can use it like this:

Code:
<?php 
$api 
= new CryptoKingdomAPI();
$api->set_url($url) ;
$api->set_username($username) ;
$api->set_password($password) ;
$api->set_device_id($device_id);
$response $api->buy_item("W1603"1300000);
?>

There is additional information about commands in the readme of the repository.

We are almost ready to release!

Once we can get this deployed, the King needs to do some year changeover tasks and then the system should be live! I will let you know once you can play with it.  The Bids/Asks will be removed, as well as all trades that have taken place on the Ultima platform before today. The google sheets will be reimported so the data will be fresh.

Questions or comments? Please ask!
-Wizard, Noms, Moo, SirJacket

Monero.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:53:59 AM

If you guys need any music composed then drop me a PM.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:34:57 AM

Something along those lines would be pretty nice for immersion Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDl6j3fAU5I

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
saddambitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:50:17 PM

Looks awesome! Great job everyone.

I will work on a Node.js wrapper for the API this weekend.

rangedriver

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 01:03:42 PM

Yep - I can do that. Is this an official commission? Let me know to confirm.

MP3, WAV, AIFF, MIDI, Sp-MIDI, Yamaha SMAF-MA3, MA-5.... any format you like. Although I'm guessing a digital audio loop 44.1Khz WAV 16 would probably be best.

I have most 80/90s audio gaming chipsets as audio instruments so I would probably use something like that....8-bit or 16-bit.... whatever you want to do... Even just basic sine-generation over 4 channel harmony might work nicely for background ambient adventure style immersiveness.

How many minutes are you after? Let me know what you want to do.
noms

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 01:43:38 PM

Yep - I can do that. Is this an official commission? Let me know to confirm.

MP3, WAV, AIFF, MIDI, Sp-MIDI, Yamaha SMAF-MA3, MA-5.... any format you like. Although I'm guessing a digital audio loop 44.1Khz WAV 16 would probably be best.

I have most 80/90s audio gaming chipsets as audio instruments so I would probably use something like that....8-bit or 16-bit.... whatever you want to do... Even just basic sine-generation over 4 channel harmony might work nicely for background ambient adventure style immersiveness.

How many minutes are you after? Let me know what you want to do.

I'd think you could do 2-3 minutes and just make it so that it will loop well. Possibly two songs, one for inside a building, and one for in the exchange screens?

Monero.
rangedriver

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:20:02 PM

I'd think you could do 2-3 minutes and just make it so that it will loop well. Possibly two songs, one for inside a building, and one for in the exchange screens?

Okay no problem. Two looping tunes, 2-3 minutes in length.

What's your development deadline? Is ~7-10 days okay?
noms

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:02:27 PM

Okay no problem. Two looping tunes, 2-3 minutes in length.

What's your development deadline? Is ~7-10 days okay?

Sure, that would be fine. We are going to release soon, but we can always add music at a later time (7-10 days).

Monero.
noms

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:47:48 PM

Crypto Kingdom Ultima is now live!

We are live! Go ahead and log in Smiley

Your password should be the same as the one that was sent to you before, we have not updated. If, for some reason, they don't work, email SirJacket and he will be able to send to you.

Monero.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 01:02:26 AM

Hooray!

Although I must report something is amiss with the marketplace/WINE not displaying any prices in the bid column, even though there are buy orders.

LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:56:07 AM

Crypto Kingdom Ultima is now live!

We are live! Go ahead and log in Smiley

Your password should be the same as the one that was sent to you before, we have not updated. If, for some reason, they don't work, email SirJacket and he will be able to send to you.

Is it live only for existing players or for everyone?
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:59:48 AM

New player registration:
Tested this today and it works fine.
Only I noticed that new player starts from level 0 which is named "0 Corporation", so perhaps that is not very intuitive. The new level system is coming so this is probably also fixed at the same time.

Global chat room:
In the IRC we were discussing a "global chat" that could be accessed with one click, perhaps addition to the links new player sees now (my character, town map, agora, wiki). The current "global chat" at Malla Palace might not be easy to happen upon, unless you know what you are looking for and also where to find it. Or even the link could lead to Malla Palace chat room (since it already exists the linking should be easy to make) just to have it more visible.

Ultima is looking great, and I want to thank all the people who worked so hard for the past weeks fixing the code so that it works a 100% now. Very excited to enter this new game era!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:38:52 AM

New player registration:
Tested this today and it works fine.
Only I noticed that new player starts from level 0 which is named "0 Corporation", so perhaps that is not very intuitive. The new level system is coming so this is probably also fixed at the same time.

This does not take long to fix, there was misunderstanding between devs that first level would be L3: Beginner (sounds like "first"..?), then it was changed to L2 and back to L1. So accidental implementation is now L0. Okeh  Cheesy

"New" level system is further in the future and will not be waited.

Global chat room:
In the IRC we were discussing a "global chat" that could be accessed with one click, perhaps addition to the links new player sees now (my character, town map, agora, wiki). The current "global chat" at Malla Palace might not be easy to happen upon, unless you know what you are looking for and also where to find it. Or even the link could lead to Malla Palace chat room (since it already exists the linking should be easy to make) just to have it more visible.

There will not be any resource allocation to improving ingame chat now. The Trollbox module is specified ages ago, and will be a thought-out complete module which builds upon the command line, enabling a full gameplay experience.

Upon development in August, the Wizard told that implementation of trollbox would take 5 days, which meant that it was quickly postponed to far in the future. Some time ago we voted if the ingame chat in its current state is usable, and the vote was "no", so use something else. We won't waste time on this one. The current implementation was a 2-hour effort anyway and will remain so.

There are still some modules with higher prioritization than the Trollbox coming, Health Challenge being one.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:49:42 AM

It works as follows:

This part is accomplished!!

I entered 1,500 bids and asks just concatenated from text in a spreadsheet and copy-pasted to the command line box, took about 15 minutes including generating the ladder values and the text for the 3,000 orders in the spreadsheet and executing them.

Now that's what I call good job from PJ  Grin It's more than 3 ops (orders per second)  Grin

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:57:19 AM

2 new commands specified, overruling possible previous spexes on them. Since they are required for year change, they need to be in production in 48 hours, prior to that is a useful bonus.

NEW item_id [other parameters may be given in the format "Year=1600 ..."]

Using the parameters correctly you can automatically populate all the fields in the Item table. Other option is to fill them using administration - item table view module, which is easier for 1 or 2 new items at a time, but for bulk additions (suits are unique yet come into being dozens at a time) the parameters come in handy, allowing the whole batch planned in an external spreadsheet and newed with one click.

The command adds a new row to Items and may initialize the values of its fields.

if no item_id is given, print "Command NEW syntax is 'NEW item_id [parameters]'." and abort
if item_id is in use in the unified id-space, print "Item_id already in use." and abort
if item_id is invalid (starts with number, or other than 3-6 characters), print "Item_id is required to start with a letter and be 3-6 characters with no spaces or special characters." and abort
create a new row in Items table, try to enter values to its fields with validation on
ignore other parameters to the extent they are not in the correct format (valid_field=valid_value), in the case a value does not pass the normal validity check of their respective fields, tag minor issues flag
print "New item added."
if minor_issues=1, print "Some of the parameters were not translated correctly, you might want to check the results in Admin section."
return

NOTE: Required: senior admin. Newing items without filling in all the fields before leaving (there is no check) is forbidden. The command does not create any instances of the item. Newing items and forgetting to create them is unadvised.

CREATE item_id quantity recipient

The command increases the number of instances of item_id owned by recipient by quantity units.

if no item_id is given, print "Command CREATE syntax is 'CREATE item_id quantity recipient'." and abort
if item_id is not a valid item_id, print "No such item." and abort
if quantity is not a positive integer, print "Quantity must be a positive integer." and abort
if recipient is not found from char_id and char_shortname tables, print "No such recipient." and abort
add quantity instances of item_id to recipient and update changelog
print: "quantity units of item_id created to recipient".

NOTE: Required: senior admin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: