Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:47:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Smooth unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when he posts 100s of the same repeated scam accusations on his competitor's threads on a daily basis.
Yes - Because if his attacks succeed against his competitors, his own coin/investment will benefit, he has a vested interest - 99 (54.1%)
No - there is no conflict of interest when a coin dev repeatedly accuses his competitors of being scams on their threads. - 51 (27.9%)
None of the above - 33 (18%)
Total Voters: 183

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR/AEON Developer Smooth Investigation  (Read 20920 times)
blobafett2 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:11:55 PM

And you are posting 28 times on the Dash thread in one day, when only 2 people posted on the whole XMR thread in the same day, because Dash is a shitcoin? ok, sure Smooth Wink

Okay just for fun I looked at what the price of Dash was doing on August 12, the day you claim I made 28 posts (which is wrong, but that's not the point here). It did basically nothing.

Now I'm sure you're going to say that the volume of Ethereum went up that day and I posted on Dash's thread to try to get more volume for XMR or something, but it is quite ridiculous.

That was the start of the XMR dump...

ROFL. There's always something going on in some market.

This thread got really boring and low-content after AnonyMint left.

If you say so Smooth...

This thread is not really for your entertainment, it's an investigation into your profilic trolling, conflict of interest, and recent AEON / XMR play with your 2 'Core-team' hats on.

So far looks like the commuity doesn't buy your many and rapidly-changing excuses for being the largest troll on the alt section of BCT:

https://i.imgur.com/Ls4PkZI.png
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:13:17 PM

I hope we all can put the toxicity behind us and give everybody the peace of not trolling...

Smooth's recent posts are the metric for that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=13813;sa=showPosts
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:30:28 PM

So far looks like the commuity doesn't buy your many and rapidly-changing excuses for being the largest troll on the alt section of BCT:

Wow! I'm almost as high as Evan when it comes to hated-by-the-community forum poll results, though I guess "has a conflict of interest" doesn't quite have the ring that "knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud" does. Bummer.

blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:33:45 PM

Wow! I'm almost as high as Evan when it comes to hated-by-the-community forum poll results, though I guess "has a conflict of interest" doesn't quite have the ring that "knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud" does. Bummer.

https://i.imgur.com/6mBu5oD.png

So I take it you're happy with your current poll result?  And you are comparing yourself to Evan Duffield now??
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:35:10 PM

So I take it you're happy with your current poll result?  And you are comparing yourself to Evan Duffield now??

I compared poll results, not individuals.

I find the whole thing quite fascinating.

blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:40:45 PM

https://i.imgur.com/6mBu5oD.png

So I take it you're happy with your current poll result?  And you are comparing yourself to Evan Duffield now??

I compared poll results, not individuals.

I find the whole thing quite fascinating.

Not really Smooth, that's a baked poll to funnel results to the NO vote with limited alternatives and no 'none of the above' option, and obviously accusing someone of 'fraud' when there has been no financial loss is ridiculous (and actually illegal, I remember having to explain basic law to you quite a few times in the past)

But bringing other dev's in here isn't really relevant.

What is your attack plan for the day today and which competitors will you be attacking?
crypto jerk

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:43:35 PM

Everyone here know that btt polls mean jack shit. Darkcoin, dorkcoin, Dashcoin is full of socks.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:49:35 PM

Smooth your percentage popularity is significantly higher than Obama or Hillary (without double counting, then I say combined).

blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:50:52 PM

Smooth your percentage popularity is significantly higher than Obama or Hillary (without double counting, then I say combined).

25.2% approval rating...yes that probably is higher lol  Cool
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:51:29 PM

Well I was adding all the non-Yes votes, so 45%. Does that put him ahead of Trump also?

Smooth for President!

blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:52:49 PM

Well I was adding all the non-Yes votes, so 45%. Does that put him ahead of Trump also?

Smooth for President!

I think he's cut out perfectly for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals#Themes
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:58:59 PM

Smooth for President!

signed!

i'd love to see a president which actually tries to improve world for anybody and not just for elitist, scammers or preminers (wealthy born, but nothing achieved)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:01:22 PM

Smooth for President!

signed!

i'd love to see a president which actually tries to improve world for anybody and not just for elitist, scammers or preminers (wealthy born, but nothing achieved)

And then what...he would become a dual citizen of a small competing nation (Aeon-land lol) and start funneling resources / funds and most of his time there, yet pretend to have the sovereign interests of both nations at heart at the same time...whilst flying around all the other competitor countries saying they are scams instead of managing his own economy...He's perfect for it Cheesy
onemorexmr

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:02:44 PM

Smooth for President!

signed!

And then what...he would become a dual citizen of a small competing nation (Aeon-land lol) and start funneling resources / funds there, yet pretend to have the sovereign interests of both nations at heart at the same time...whilst flying around all the other competitor countries saying they are scams instead of managing his own economy...He's perfect for it Cheesy

just call it one nation with multiple currencies?

btw i bought some aeon just because of this thread Wink

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:03:59 PM

Smooth for President!

signed!

And then what...he would become a dual citizen of a small competing nation (Aeon-land lol) and start funneling resources / funds there, yet pretend to have the sovereign interests of both nations at heart at the same time...whilst flying around all the other competitor countries saying they are scams instead of managing his own economy...He's perfect for it Cheesy

just call it one nation with multiple currencies?

btw i bought some aeon just because of this thread Wink

Yah, if I was in Monero I would be buying AEON too.

One of the reasons for starting this thread was disgust at seeing his quiet takover of Aeon and building it up, knowing the Monero community is totally in the dark about this.
onemorexmr

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:06:07 PM

Yah, if I was in Monero I would be buying AEON too.

One of the reasons for starting this thread was disgust at seeing his quiet takover of Aeon and building it up, knowing the Monero community is totally in the dark about this.

thats rude...
why do you think monero community doesnt know anything?

we arent dashers!

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:04:15 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 04:19:18 PM by Lebubar

1.Ok, so we all agree , that the opinion of this smooth about other competing project fall in conflict of interest:

A conflict of interest (COI) is a situation in which a person or organization is involved in multiple interests (financial, emotional, or otherwise), one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation of the individual or organization.

2. Also I want to show to all that smooth is not objective with the terms he use, and he is a manipulator and love to play with words. (I really see no acting from him, only big big big mouth that set!) :

You are in conflict of interest.

Your opinion don't count, only peanuts.

You are not objective :
There was nothing wrong with the history of Monero. It's one of if not the cleanest coins and launches in history.

"If not THE CLEANEST",  i just can't stop loled.. Tks for this.

When we all know that it was not true :

If that's true, then why aren't you trolling the monero thread constantly pointing out the fact that it was launched as a scam because of its intentionally de-optimized miner? Don't you owe that to the users and investors of XMR? I think daily reminders at a minimum should suffice. Get on it!

Because it was not intentionally (or otherwise) de-optimized by the then-or current-developers of Monero, who were the ones who in fact optimized it and released the fixes as open source, to the great inconvenience and frustration of those trying to stay ahead with optimized private miners. This is well-documented; there is no dispute over it.

So you are admitting that monero was released with a scam miner that had been intentionally de-optimized, but you are claiming that you had no knowledge of the scam code you continued to push on your users? Are we supposed to just take your word on this?

"Admitting" that it was likely deliberately de-optimzed by the Bytecoin/CN scammers from which Monero was forked? We're the ones who originally discard and reported exactly that!

I believe it was eizh, or tacotime, I don't remember which.

So monero had a scam launch, but yet I don't see you trolling the monero thread regularly to remind everyone of this fact. Why do you care more about the users of other coins than the users of coins you dev? Shouldn't they get 24h reminders about the XMR scam?

So the conclusion of this is that smooth opinion is smooth opinion and his value is nothing, /dev/null, because it is biased by his agenda and because he is (pseudo) core-dev of two others coins.

So nothing really nothing objective can come from this little jealous TRollero.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:12:51 PM

Hey Dash shill (who obviously has a massive conflict of interest even posting on this subject, wouldn't you agree?), let's look at the entire message you pulled out of context there:

There was nothing wrong with the history of Monero. It's one of if not the cleanest coins and launches in history. In reality the only ones who criticize it are Dash supporters defensively lashing out at anything they can because they don't like their history being put under the microscope. Even people like BlockaFett who have bothered to actually look into it have recognized that it isn't a scam. He still doesn't like how we dislike and criticize Dash, but that doesn't make Monero a scam.

The miner crap you keep bringing up didn't matter at all. Everyone who wanted to mine could not only mine on their own computers easily enough but could pay for cloud mining and still mine at a profit. You could mine as much as you wanted and get as many coins as you wanted. The only real difference was that the people with the optimized miners had lower costs so their profit was higher (they still paid a lot though). There was effectively zero instamine (better than even most other honestly-launched coins with slowly difficulty adjustment). Access to coins or mining was not limited in any way whatsoever.

and

So monero had a scam launch, but yet I don't see you trolling the monero thread regularly to remind everyone of this fact. Why do you care more about the users of other coins than the users of coins you dev? Shouldn't they get 24h reminders about the XMR scam?

You are entitled to your opinion about what constitutes a scam launch and I'm entitled to mine.

Regardless of the apparently de-optimized (and certainly unoptimized) miner which likely did give some amount of unfair profit to upstream developers (though that is unproven), and some significant profit (fair or unfair is a matter of debate) to clever independent miners (which is documented), Monero distributed very nearly the published/scheduled number of coins in the first day, week, month, and year, and its distribution schedule has never been changed. Dash mined roughly 40%+ of its entire current supply in mere hours after launch, a number aided by the distribution schedule having been cut after launch to give a greater advantage to those who instamined it. That is a huge difference in kind, in the nature of the involvement of the current developers, and in its effect on ongoing distribution.

But like I said, you are entitled to your opinion.

Sounds about right to me. Pretty damn consistent too, for being months apart, don't you think?

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:20:27 PM

You are not objective, and your comments are shit to me, because you are and it's obvious not objective. End of the story.

I just want  to be sure that everybody know that you are NOT objective Trollero, and only drive by your greedy agenda.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:22:26 PM

You are not objective, and your comments are shit to me. end of the story.

Likewise.

Why should a Dash supporters comments about Monero be more objective than a Monero's supporter's comments about Dash?

They're not.

Let's just put the facts out there, let them speak for themselves, and stop this absurd concern trolling over conflict of interest.

I just want to be sure that everybody know that you are NOT objective TrolleroDasher, and only drive by your greedy agenda.

That's exactly why I call out the bullshit that Dash supporters say.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: