Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:40:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Smooth unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when he posts 100s of the same repeated scam accusations on his competitor's threads on a daily basis.
Yes - Because if his attacks succeed against his competitors, his own coin/investment will benefit, he has a vested interest - 99 (54.1%)
No - there is no conflict of interest when a coin dev repeatedly accuses his competitors of being scams on their threads. - 51 (27.9%)
None of the above - 33 (18%)
Total Voters: 183

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR/AEON Developer Smooth Investigation  (Read 20920 times)
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:23:22 PM

You are not objective, and your comments are shit to me. end of the story.
/quote]

Likewise.

Why should a Dash supporters comments about Monero be more objective than a Monero's supporter's comments about Dash?

They're not.

Let's just put the facts out there, let them speak for themselves, and stop this absurd concern trolling over conflict of interest.

First learn to quote.
Second I'm not a core-dev of competiting coin.
Third I don't troll Monero thread.
Fourth, I don't have respect for unethical (pseudo) devs like you.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:24:28 PM

Hey Dash shill (who obviously has a massive conflict of interest even posting on this subject, wouldn't you agree?), let's look at the entire message you pulled out of context there:

Nope lol - Dash community is your main target right now with you as the attacker - you are holding the whole community hostage by threatening to spam the thread daily with a 'public service announcement' until the 'media' complies with your demands to report Dash how you want - I think they are the experts on your trolilng Smooth Wink

public service announcement

Dash (formerly xcoin and darkcoin) had a significant fastmine over the first 48 hours of its existence (~2 million coins). These facts should not be glossed over by those seeking a fairly launched coin, so until the dash media reflects these facts, this warning will be posted every 24 hours on the BCT dash thread. This warning will not be posted when the media reflects these facts. For those seeking more information Monero Developer Smooth has created a thread with the pertinent facts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

PS - got my old account working again  Grin
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:26:17 PM

You are not objective, and your comments are shit to me. end of the story.
/quote]

Likewise.

Why should a Dash supporters comments about Monero be more objective than a Monero's supporter's comments about Dash?

They're not.

Let's just put the facts out there, let them speak for themselves, and stop this absurd concern trolling over conflict of interest.

First learn to quote.
Second I'm not a core-dev of competiting coin.
Third I don't troll Monero thread.

I don't care.

Let the facts speak for themselves.

When you personalize things, and start talking about who is or isn't a Dash supporter, Monero supporter, core dev, or anything else, it is a weak argument. It makes quite clear that you fear just relying on the facts.

Which of course is not surprising since every Dash support knows that the facts on Dash looks like shit, so you have to (try to) shift the debate to something else.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:27:24 PM

Hey Dash shill (who obviously has a massive conflict of interest even posting on this subject, wouldn't you agree?), let's look at the entire message you pulled out of context there:

Nope lol - Dash community is your main target right now with you as the attacker - you are holding the whole community hostage by threatening to spam the thread daily with a 'public service announcement' until the 'media' complies with your demands to report Dash how you want - I think they are the experts on your trolilng Smooth Wink

Dash (formerly xcoin and darkcoin) had a significant fastmine over the first 48 hours of its existence (~2 million coins). These facts should not be glossed over by those seeking a fairly launched coin, so until the dash media reflects these facts, this warning will be posted every 24 hours on the BCT dash thread. This warning will not be posted when the media reflects these facts. For those seeking more information Monero Developer Smooth has created a thread with the pertinent facts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

As I said to your Dash buddy on the previous post, I don't care about any of that, and I never will.

I will let the facts speak for themselves. The end.

danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:30:26 PM

Such a silly thread.
BlockaFett

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:32:20 PM

As I said to your Dash buddy on the previous post, I don't care about any of that, and I never will.

The fact is, trying to hold the whole community of a top 5 alt coin hostage, by threatening them and issuing demands to 'the media' is not normal psychiatric behavior.  It kind of starts to explain the sheer volume of your attack posts and apparent unawareness of your obvious conflict-of-interest and the level to which you are destroying your own and your coins reputations.  Someone just sent me this and so I gather he was basically the founder of your main coin, I guess it explains a lot about how you behave: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=793787.0
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:42:42 PM

PS - got my old account working again  Grin

The fact is, trying to hold the whole community of a top 5 alt coin hostage, by threatening them and issuing demands to 'the media' is not normal psychiatric behavior.  It kind of starts to explain the sheer volume of your attack posts and apparent unawareness of your obvious conflict-of-interest and the level to which you are destroying your own and your coins reputations.  Someone just sent me this and so I gather he was basically the founder of your main coin, I guess it explains a lot about how you behave: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=793787.0

There is no threat.

Posting factual information on Dash's thread about Dash, facts that happen to be of extreme relevance to any investor or potential investor in Dash, is on-topic and won't be stopped by your attempts at intimidation.

And by the way, since you have problems with reading comprehension, I did not say that I was going to post it every 24 hours, and certainly did not "threaten" to do so. That is part of the content of the message. You are, however, welcome to collaborate on the content of the disclosure message, I have no opinion on that at all. It is between you and generalizethis, if you choose to participate.

But we can start now. What modifications to that disclosure message would you like to propose?

Also you you are incorrect about Risto being the founder of Monero. He came along later as an investor, once it started to become popular.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:43:17 PM

The Truth About Monero's Risto Pietila (rpietila XMR) - warning
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=793787.0

Come on guys. Yeah that is true but do you really need to gloat on someone's difficulties?

Rpietila is my friend and we've had some disagreements, but I wouldn't appreciate it if you were attacking me because I have M.S. and it also sometimes causes psychological malfunction.

Rpietila is minding his own business these days working mostly on the Crypto Kingdom game and avoiding telling people they must buy Monero and they must HODL BTC all the way down from $600.

minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:55:51 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 05:09:04 PM by minersday

Come on guys. Yeah that is true but do you really need to gloat on someone's difficulties?

Rpietila is my friend and we've had some disagreements, but I wouldn't appreciate it if you were attacking me because I have M.S. and it also sometimes causes psychological malfunction.

Rpietila is minding his own business these days working mostly on the Crypto Kingdom game and avoiding telling people they must buy Monero and they must HODL BTC all the way down from $600.

I have nothing agains Rpietilä and so on, good if he's getting better and so on..
but we have to have all the facts, smooth is all about full disclosure and this involves XMR also, or atleast it did..

edit: just to be clear, I apologize to rpietila, if I didn't make myself clear, I did not have anything against rpietilä, but the XMR involment, investment side has to be taken account.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:59:32 PM

Okay just please make that disclaimer so rpietila won't feel like it is personal.

Edit: and I have to agree with smooth on this one, that going after personal issues is desperation. You guys already made your point. You won the poll. But you can't change smooth's mind. The more you push him, the more he will resist. And he does have support, even though you guys won the majority of the poll. And we don't even know if polls here are accurate.

I don't want to get in the middle of this. I am out.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:59:44 PM

I have nothing agains Rpietilä and so on, good if he's getting better and so on..
but we have to have all the facts, smooth is all about full disclosure and this involves XMR also, or atleast it did..

Whatever. I find going after his personal issues distasteful but do what you will.

I'm still going to clarify that, officially he is not a founder of Monero, and does not and never has had any official position with the Monroe core team.
BlockaFett

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:10:14 PM

I think if someone is asking you to invest in something (rptila) and it comes out that he has mental problems, that's relevant.

Making fun of that is distasteful / bullying and not something I would ever do.  But I believe in freedom, if someone wants to do that, that's their issue.  The people trying to stop people talking about x,y,z are far worse.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:12:32 PM

I think if someone is asking you to invest in something (rptila) and it comes out that he has mental problems, that's relevant.

Making fun of them is distasteful / bullying and not something I would ever do.  But I believe in freedom, if someone wants to do that, that's there issue.

It's relevant to me, how?

If you have problems with him, take it up with him. If you think his mental issues are relevant to Monero in some way (I can't see how, but okay), go talk about it on the Monero thread. Or create new thread (not that there haven't been 10000 threads about him already)

Just keep it off my hate thread please. I don't want to share.

BlockaFett

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:13:18 PM

The fact is, trying to hold the whole community of a top 5 alt coin hostage, by threatening them and issuing demands to 'the media' is not normal psychiatric behavior.  It kind of starts to explain the sheer volume of your attack posts and apparent unawareness of your obvious conflict-of-interest and the level to which you are destroying your own and your coins reputations.  Someone just sent me this and so I gather he was basically the founder of your main coin, I guess it explains a lot about how you behave: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=793787.0

There is no threat.

Posting factual information on Dash's thread about Dash, facts that happen to be of extreme relevance to any investor or potential investor in Dash, is on-topic and won't be stopped by your attempts at intimidation.

And by the way, since you have problems with reading comprehension, I did not say that I was going to post it every 24 hours, and certainly did not "threaten" to do so. That is part of the content of the message. You are, however, welcome to collaborate on the content of the disclosure message, I have no opinion on that at all. It is between you and generalizethis, if you choose to participate.

But we can start now. What modifications to that disclosure message would you like to propose?

Also you you are incorrect about Risto being the founder of Monero. He came along later as an investor, once it started to become popular.

"this warning will be posted every 24 hours on the BCT dash thread. This warning will not be posted when the media reflects these facts"

That's a threat Smooth.  

Before you start trying to pretend you have any basic legal knowledge, please remember who you're talking to and what happened last time.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:16:32 PM

There is no threat.

"this warning will be posted every 24 hours on the BCT dash thread. This warning will not be posted when the media reflects these facts"

That's a threat Smooth. 

Before you start trying to pretend you have any basic legal knowledge, please remember who you're talking to and what happened last time.

You took one line out of context. If you read the entire message from the start, it is clear I am quoting a pre-prepared disclosure statement.

If anything, my take on the intent of that (possibly explicit if you look back in this thread where it was discussed), was that once-every-24 hours was intended as a maximum frequency, to respond constructively to the complaint about many messages per day. Do you disagree with that?

What changes would you propose to the disclosure statement?
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:17:12 PM

Quote from: smooth
I'm still going to clarify that, officially he is not a founder of Monero, and does not and never has had any official position with the Monroe core team.

this is wearing of the rails,
Smooth if you could just stay on your side of the fence and keep your dogs also there, that would be great. Just bury the hatchet, let it go...
I'm not commenting anymore on this thread, I'm out too....

"adieu."
BlockaFett

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:24:21 PM

There is no threat.

That's a threat Smooth. 

You took one line out of context. If you read the entire message from the start, it is clear I am quoting a pre-prepared disclosure statement.

If anything, my take on the intent of that (possibly explicit if you look back in this thread where it was discussed), was that once-every-24 hours was intended as a maximum frequency, to respond constructively to the complaint about many messages per day. Do you disagree with that?

Don't agree.  It's a clear threat, and to embarrass yourself to that extent with total apparent lack-of-awareness of how ridiculous you are starting to sound, I think you should get help.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:28:12 PM

Okay noting that we don't agree, let's move on then.

What changes, if any, do you propose to the disclosure statement?

BlockaFett

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:29:03 PM

There is no threat.

Again, I don't agree Smooth.  It's a clear threat:

These facts should not be glossed over by those seeking a fairly launched coin, so until the dash media reflects these facts, this warning will be posted every 24 hours on the BCT dash thread. This warning will not be posted when the media reflects these facts

You want the 'media' to change their reporting of Dash to fit your view (the view of the core-dev of 2 smaller competitors), and if they don't, you will just spam your view on the thread each day.

Can't get more 'threat' than that.  Trying to waffle how it's not from someone with zero legal comprehension like yours, doesn't make it true.

I have stated to you twice that I believe that is a clear threat and I don't accept your attempt to explain how it isn't.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:29:40 PM

There is no threat.

That's a threat Smooth. 

Don't agree.  It's a clear threat, and to embarrass yourself to that extent with total apparent lack-of-awareness of how ridiculous you are starting to sound, I think you should get help.

It's more of a protest in my opinion. Those hiding pertinent information from ignorant potential investors should have their unethical behavior spotlighted. It's a bane to the cryptocurrency community as a whole.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: