Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:49:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Smooth unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when he posts 100s of the same repeated scam accusations on his competitor's threads on a daily basis.
Yes - Because if his attacks succeed against his competitors, his own coin/investment will benefit, he has a vested interest - 99 (54.1%)
No - there is no conflict of interest when a coin dev repeatedly accuses his competitors of being scams on their threads. - 51 (27.9%)
None of the above - 33 (18%)
Total Voters: 183

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR/AEON Developer Smooth Investigation  (Read 20920 times)
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 01:52:23 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYKchw7cfdA

Good luck fellas ! Have fun.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 02:33:49 AM

no one here is supporting your attack on the Dash thread.  If they are, I would like to see who that is by name.

It's not an "attack" to warn noobs about Dash's insta-mine, toxic community, ninja launch, bad cryto, lack of Masternode blinding, etc.

I support smooth's public warnings.  So that's one person.

Oh look, here's another:

I have also been against premine/instamine coins for a long time and I don't like masternodes. I am a self proclaimed noob investor and have nothing to do with XMR but have appreciated Smooth's critique-ing even my own major investment SDC. I think that DASH broke their social contract while very young and should have had a relaunch instead of a rebrand. I have stated it many times as many people all over this forum have.

Everyone can hate on Smooth but sometimes he says what others are scared of or have shy-ed away from confronting previously. Similar to so many others except that he usually has tech info rather than "neener neener your coin is teh sucks". Personally I would rather have a scholar who can't keep his mouth shut over a strategist in the shadows pulling strings.

Quick, start another investigation into this new enemy of your cargo cult!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:14:44 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 06:28:07 AM by TPTB_need_war

I'm so glad to see that most of you early Bitcoin adopters finally see that Bitcoin has been hijacked by the banks.  I was saying it since 2013 but nobody would believe it - especially not the Bitcoin "experts".

Afair, you participated in my (as AnonyMint) "Bitcoin is a Ponzi" thread where I cited and discussed with you my "Bitcoin: The Digital Kill Switch" in 2013. So "nobody" is incorrect.

FYI:  Monero is most likely a fed coin.  Just ask the top hackers in crypto!  So is DASH.  That makes both coins good buys just don't go falling in love with another lie.  Wink  

Smooth and iCebreaker are running a convincing campaign to elucidate that DASH (DarkCoin) was instamined.

Why do you think those guys (fluffypony, tacotime, smooth, etc) are moles for the banks? I sometimes have discussions with smooth. He is also working on AEON.

I read an innuendo yesterday that implied fluffypony has 25 x 2.5% of the XMR coins! I doubt that! But there was apparently one entity mining the hell out of Monero on AWS (these are just accusations I read yesterday so I dunno).

Seems the more plausible explanation is these are all just sort of scammy coins by guys who want to get rich and pretend (hide behind) an ethos that they are more ethical (holier than thou) the other scammer.

It is the Hegelian dialectic principle that TPTB employ where the lesser worst looks better (i.e. manufactured crisis).

But I still doubt that. I bet it is just human natures at play.

Also I want to move away from getting into these political battles. Who cares! Can't we just go create great tech and make our presentations and let the users decide what they want to buy and use.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 07:09:22 AM

I'm so glad to see that most of you early Bitcoin adopters finally see that Bitcoin has been hijacked by the banks.  I was saying it since 2013 but nobody would believe it - especially not the Bitcoin "experts".

Afair, you participated in my (as AnonyMint) "Bitcoin is a Ponzi" thread where I cited and discussed with you my "Bitcoin: The Digital Kill Switch" in 2013. So "nobody" is incorrect.

FYI:  Monero is most likely a fed coin.  Just ask the top hackers in crypto!  So is DASH.  That makes both coins good buys just don't go falling in love with another lie.  Wink 

Smooth and iCebreaker are running a convincing campaign to elucidate that DASH (DarkCoin) was instamined.

Why do you think those guys (fluffypony, tacotime, smooth, etc) are moles for the banks? I sometimes have discussions with smooth. He is also working on AEON.

I read an innuendo yesterday that implied fluffypony has 25 x 2.5% of the XMR coins! I doubt that! But there was apparently one entity mining the hell out of Monero on AWS (these are just accusations I read yesterday so I dunno).

Seems the more plausible explanation is these are all just sort of scammy coins by guys who want to get rich and pretend (hide behind) an ethos that they are more ethical (holier than thou) the other scammer.

It is the Hegelian dialectic principle that TPTB employ where the lesser worst looks better (i.e. manufactured crisis).

Also I want to move away from getting into these political battles. Who cares! Can't we just go create great tech and make our presentations and let the users decide what they want to buy and use.

I know for a fact that fluffypony can't have 25 x 2.5% of the XMR coins because I have 50 x 2.5% of the XMR coins. So not enough left for him to have that much.

P.S. TPTB stop wasting time with this inane crap. Come on, really. What's the point anyway?
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 07:13:36 AM

This thread is ridiculous for being 20 pages. There is nothing wrong with a dev bringing attention to scams in other coins. Who is more qualified to do that then a dev?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 07:14:56 AM

This thread is ridiculous for being 20 pages. There is nothing wrong with a dev bringing attention to scams in other coins. Who is more qualified to do that then a dev?

I think OP has a point. It's clearly much more ethical and free from conflicts-of-interest to use sock puppets like most of the other coin devs do. Smooth should go back making useless edits to comments and mining XMR with his bonnets and leave poor Dash alone.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 07:18:42 AM

I think OP has a point. It is probably better to use sock puppets like most of the other coin devs do.

It provides an outlet for disappointed greater-fool-speculators to vent at the perceived cause of their (well-deserved) misfortune. If they knew themselves better, they'd be thanking you for the service.  Wink

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 07:27:06 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 07:40:36 AM by TPTB_need_war

I know for a fact that fluffypony can't have 25 x 2.5% of the XMR coins because I have 50 x 2.5% of the XMR coins. So not enough left for him to have that much.

P.S. TPTB stop wasting time with this inane crap. Come on, really. What's the point anyway?

The point is that if you can play the game, they can play it too.

I already said I doubt fluffypony has 25 x 2.5%, but someone upthread said that.

And the truth is, I don't know how many coins each of you have. And I don't know who was mining like crazy on AWS as you admitted upthread.

So why are you attacking me?

This is where all this politics leads. It is a cesspool, blackhole timesink.

It is not your responsibility to inform everyone who reads a DASH thread that you have evidence of an instamine. If you want to do that, then expect to spend the rest of your life in a cesspool. I have more important things to do with my time.

You can put it in your signature as iCEBREAKER did (which is how I first came to read your thread about the instamine). Or just let him do it, as he loves to waste his time on arguing with everyone.

If all Monero has going for it is that you claim its mining was fair, then it is doomed. I hope you can have more positive things to do with your efforts. I respect your intellect and logic, and I want to create positive technology.

I do not respect trying to tell everyone else what is a fair launch or not ad nauseum. I appreciate you making a thread about DASH's alleged instamine. I appreciate your research. But you've gone too far by making a test of wills. Is this the most important thing in life?

I love to create new things. I was pissed off at the Bitcoiners who said we couldn't do anything important and we were worthless if we tried. Yeah I fought back against them and I fought for anonymity and decentralization.

But I don't have time to go police every altcoin. I see lots of coins that are just Copycoins. I don't have time to go argue with their communities about every one of them.

I guess I will just have to accept that isn't my role in life. People are entitled to waste their money. It is their money.

I don't really care what Dash does. How does that affect me?

I was thinking it drags the entire altcoin community down if there are so many Copycoins and scams. So if I really want to do something about that, then I better go crush them in the market place of features and technology. Not in the market place of words and politics.

I know everybody is going to attack. So let them. Nothing more I can do. Let them attack me.

Frankly I don't know who is honest. I start to think some people are honest, but then they behave strangely.

I guess all I can deduce is that those who play politics are politicians. And I know that generally speaking all politicians are corrupt.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 07:37:56 AM

The point is that if you can play the game, they can play it too.

I already said I doubt fluffypony has 25 x 2.5%, but someone upthread said that.

And the truth is, I don't know how many coins each of you have. And I don't know who was mining like crazy on AWS as you admitted upthread.

So why are you attacking me?

I'm not attacking you. You misunderstand. I'm pointing out the pointlessness of all this politicking and FUD, same as you.

I will say that a non-anonymous fully public highly-respected professor of computer science says openly that he was the one mining >50% of the hash rate on AWS, and that he sold off the coins, paid his $250K in mining bills, and made a nice little profit. I believe him, but ultimately no one really knows anything in life other than what they have done themselves.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 08:13:15 AM

congrats Cheesy

Thank you.

Smooth, can you not post until my baby daughter finnish second year?
Because otherwise I will LOL her to much and will not be able to teach her anything.

edit: I spammed your thread a little. Keep it up, so everyone can see where these clowns come from and what drives them.

Ya everyone can see that it is you and blocka. You gave it away with the "butt-hurt" Cheesy
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 08:35:06 AM

I'm so glad to see that most of you early Bitcoin adopters finally see that Bitcoin has been hijacked by the banks.  I was saying it since 2013 but nobody would believe it - especially not the Bitcoin "experts".

FYI:  Monero is most likely a fed coin.  Just ask the top hackers in crypto!  So is DASH.  That makes both coins good buys just don't go falling in love with another lie.  Wink  

there are 2 points to this thread as it stands currently:

1. Find the communities opinion on whether you are unethical / unprofessional with how you spend most of your time attacking coins / spreading FUD instead of developing and with a conflict of interest with the financial incentive you have to FUD the competition using your core-team positions.

2. Investigate your recent takover / dealings with AEON and the conflict of interest this now put's you in with also being a Monero core dev.
BlockaFett

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 08:51:43 AM

FYI for those who are unaware, Icebreaker is Smooth's loudest 'supporter' on his main coin and various BTC threads, co-troll during the attacks on Smooth's coin's competitors, and also ousted Hashfast scammer Eduardo de Castro: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381687.0.

Second to Icebreaker, we also have a few core members from Smooth's full-time FUD team here now in the form of DaveyJones, rangedriver, s1gs3gv, newb4now and generalizethis - Welcome.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:03:47 AM

I wanna be on smooth's full time FUD team.  He helped me out with some key technical issues I was having and I owe him one.  

Is there like an internship, or what?

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:05:31 AM

FYI for those who are unaware, Icebreaker is Smooth's loudest 'supporter' on his main coin and various BTC threads, co-troll during the attacks on Smooth's coin's competitors, and also ousted Hashfast scammer Eduardo de Castro: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381687.0.

Second to Icebreaker, we also have a few core members from Smooth's full-time FUD team here now in the form of DaveyJones, rangedriver, s1gs3gv, newb4now and generalizethis - Welcome.

Im in no "FUD" Team... but clueless arguing makes me sick... everyone with a clear-mind can see that you are the one talking bullshit and your "evidence" is some "yada-yada" not evidence.
Why should anyone of us care what smooth does in his free time or in how many coins he is engaged. None of us paid him to be a "monero only main-dev" so your argument about "investors" or "speculators" is invalid.

I wanna be on smooth's full time FUD team.  He helped me out with some key technical issues I was having and I owe him one. 

Just keep posting in these useless attack-the-attacker threads and you will earn your position in the squad.... or maybe you get some magical dev powers like gingeroupolis too Cheesy
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:06:05 AM

I wanna be on smooth's full time FUD team.  He helped me out with some key technical issues I was having and I owe him one.  

i am applying too.
but i left the dash thread a long time ago. cant stand the hate there for pointing out obvious facts (i didnt say anything else back then)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 09:11:00 AM

Lots of hazing. Lots of co-eds. Lots of pin the gold on the donkey.  Grin

BlockaFett

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:18:25 AM

Sorry americanpegaus, I don't remember ever seeing your name during Smooth's laborious and never-ending FUD adventures.  You need to up-your-FUD to be considered a Smooth FUD-Team core-member. 
BlockaFett

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:20:56 AM

i am applying too.
but i left the dash thread a long time ago. cant stand the hate there for pointing out obvious facts (i didnt say anything else back then)

Sorry, with the 'xmr' in your title I just assumed you were yet another of Smooth's sockpuppet entourage.  Are you claiming to be a real person?  I can review your post history and decide whether you qualify officially for Smooth FUDTeam status?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 09:21:54 AM

Icebreaker is Smooth's loudest 'supporter' on his main coin

I don't remember posting very much about AEON.  Once for sure, maybe twice.   Huh

Perhaps you are just making things up because you are a hellaciously buttburned Dash cargo cult enforcer?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:25:14 AM

Recruiting is done from the ranks of the shill team.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: