Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:38:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum  (Read 6266 times)
chanpinchen

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:09:21 PM

Ripple is a token solely used by Ripple Inc. for fund raising, and  its only other use is for the banks' customer to transfer fund digitally to emerging markets using a platform called X-rapid developed by Ripple Inc. Ripple's performance is detached from that of Ripple Inc. as they are two different entities . With Ethereum its quite different , because when one buys ethereum ,one actually buys the ethereum and its blockchain technology networks.
Grifosha

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:21:43 PM

I chosing Etherium, because Ripple is not coin and it does not matter of blockchain. Ripple was created banking corporation (this contradicts the principles of the crypto community). But i can misstake.
Etherium have good future, because he has smart contract and great mind of modernity - Vitalik Butherin!
In any case, it's up to you!
kolinko

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:26:51 AM

Between Ethereum (ETH) and Ripple (XRP) I personally think that these two currencies will grow in the cryptocurrency market. But, I think ETH will be a coin that is considered a safe investment rather than a XRP. By tracking the past few days, we also saw the cryptocurrency market a bit oscillated. Of course, these two currencies will also fluctuate, especially two coins. However, ETH decreased (2.54%), lower than XRP (4.57%). I myself vote for ETH more than XRP.
Alina_kr

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:08:23 AM

I personally with both hands for ethereum
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:38:56 PM

Scalability issue can be fixed through hardfork but the majority of people don't know about what was the purpose of hardfork itself. They know if the hardfork is the only way to generate new coin and released the new network and that's wrong. People are so blind to make a comparison between ether and ripple. They only care about the scalability comparison between both of platform. Ethereum tried to build new blockchain based smartcontract.
We know that smartcontract can be used in so many ways. Even ripple interested in creating its own smartcontract in the future.

Agree. However, most people are afraid of hardforks as they think that it does more harm than good. Sometimes, hard forks are necessary to help improve a cryptocurrency, such as implementing scalability solutions for better transaction capacity. As such, Ethereum could hardfork anytime soon as it upgrades to a better, scalable version of itself called Casper PoS. Whereas Ethereum has brought us smart contracts, Ripple has brought us a greater way to transact with inexpensive fees and fast settlements. In addition, Ripple is backed by banks which could help it become huge in the future.

While they're both considered "cryptocurrencies", they're different from one another in the way they're used. It would be very surprising to see Ripple implement smart contracts into its platform. That'll be a huge boost for it in the long term. Just my opinion Smiley

Both of them I think same as a cryptocurrency the difference between them are ETH is a decentralized cryptocurrency ( more act like a gass for a token) & ripple is centralized ( act for a payment) IMO. Yes we cant compare them, but since it is same function as a alternative currencies,  why not?

In terms of alternative cryptocurrencies, they're the same. But when it comes to usability and technicalities, they're completely different from one another. There is a huge gap between them, especially since one of them is decentralized and the other is centralized. In my opinion, centralization within Ripple would be a huge flaw in the long run. Unless, it turns out into a decentralized cryptocurrency, then it would be subject to manipulation from governments and banks alike.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:55:36 PM

ETH is most stable coin than XRP.ETH is unique in its smart contract technology perspective.ETH is highly effective for long term however its also good for short term trading.If you hold ETH for long term,your profit is certain and its highly rewarding.XRP is not decentralized its being manipulated by bankers and its basically overpriced.Due to high ups and down you can also generate profit due to this behavior.XRP is not reliable and you can not hold it for long term because its  value may crash to minimum level anytime.ETH is best than XRP.
kristinkamal01

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:07:37 PM

In this confrontation I certainly have ETH as it is a strong coin and it has already shown it and it has a great future to which it will lead its strong company and XRP just no chances
9tails

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:31:43 PM

I prefer Ethereum, Nowadays Ethereum Blockchain has many supporters and investors who supports them like ICO's Projects.
jomvill

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:36:42 AM

Ethereum vs Ripple…this may seem like a lightweight cryptocurrency encounter when compared to Bitcoin, but one day one of these digital solutions may exceed the value of the pioneer. But how do the two systems compare, and which one is better placed to achieve
MGBloomz

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:55:34 AM

I will choose ethereum because it is a good project with their platform has been utilized with new ico. This will gonna grow more in the future.

ichanjay

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:56:34 AM

Why are these two being compared. It should be ETH VS NEO. Well I don't trust Ripple. It's a bank coin. ETH all the way
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:10:27 AM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)

Between ripple and ethereum, I am prefer choosing ethereum, because with smart contract many token using ethereum network and that make demand on ethereum will increasing
lynlyn

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:52:07 PM

personally i don't like Ripple, so i would go for ETH
Ripple is still the Bank scam toys
ETH is more and more allowed in shops, it will pump again and again
I do agree with you my friend, both are coins but only differ from there status. Ripple as far as i know is not a cryptocurrency. While on the other hand Eth is definitely real cryptocurrency and it is already proven.
cris17

Activity: 640

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:21:42 PM

These two coins are too different to be compared and were made for different goals. In any case my vote is for ETH. I see its bug future as second coin after BTC at least during 2018-2019.
leow

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:28:49 PM

Fully agree, and, too, give its vote for ETH. 2018 will be very successful for him! The coin has great potential Wink
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:48:22 PM

Go to Ripple....Ripple coin seems to be having a lot potential. And it seems like it can be purchased for the low cost right now. not sure how many people would be into this. but it seems like the alt coin such as that. it can be one good option for the conversion of the investment.

Ripple is a currency that will grow a lot in the future because:

1-Payments are cheaper: since Ripple does not belong to anyone, the cost of transactions decreases.

2-Payments are faster: Because transactions are automatic, complex transactions can take place in seconds
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:56:16 PM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)
If i am monitoring the market i would say that i would invest a bit of amount in ripple as the price is really low and hence the profit percentage will be higher when you compare to ETH,with the regulations coming up for ICO ,it might be difficult for them to have a free flow market like before and it might hurt their growth too,so i go for ripple as the safest investment at the right price rather than going for a high priced coin.
Cloud_miner

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:07:07 PM

In my opinion, a ripple is not a cryptocurrency. You can not compare ripple and ethereum. These are two completely different platforms. And if we talk about the prospects then I think that the ethereum is much more promising than the ripple.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:15:39 PM

In my opinion, a ripple is not a cryptocurrency. You can not compare ripple and ethereum. These are two completely different platforms. And if we talk about the prospects then I think that the ethereum is much more promising than the ripple.

Yes, i agree to you mate. Ethereum is definately a compromising unlike ripple. Even if the percentage is greater than ethereum today but its really demand for the people or users in the bounty because of erc 20 for ethereum wallet.
rudyrista123

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:39:16 PM

Actually here is clear Ethereum that will be in superior. Because Almost All ICO-Based Ethereum. Everything goes on its own. whether or not the Ripple coins would not die early enough to punish the coins would die. because of the current position in Coinmarketcap one line below Ethereum. it shows that the ripple worthy made as a coin that has the potential for the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: