Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:05:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum  (Read 6263 times)
akeda

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:33:47 AM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)

This comparison would be something like comparing an elephant with a whale. Two entirely different animal optimized for two entirely different living area Smiley. Ripple is an IOU system for making different stuff (e.g.: elephant to BTC) easily swappable, while ETH is basically a framework for making contracts and then enforcing and verifying the processing of these contracts. As relaying between different systems is also possible, in the future it could be a framework for glueing together different platforms.

It's in alpha so there are no binaries like a ready to use QT wallet. You need to deploy it as it described here: https://www.ethereum.org/cli.
for between the two coins above, I prefer to Ripple if from development. because I see the development of Ripple is always stable increases so that with this increase Ripple has a price that is always stable. with steady growth having an advantage when there is a market shock, this Ripple coin will not fall, and the chances are not too deep.

mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:40:08 AM

ripple projects and ethereum projects are different projects, therefore these two coins can not be competed directly. these two coins have their respective futures with a very bright prospect
Rony24h7

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:52:58 PM

Both of the coins are from different world. If you see Ethereum it is one of the most valuable coins in this Crypto industry on the other hand ripple is just design to lower the cost for banks where Ethereum using in many Technologies many applications to run with the blockchain without any need of third party. So the comparing between two coins is more clear to me and it's Ethereum.
See the price value of both coins there are far different from each other I don't think it's a good idea to compare these two coins. In future, the next Bitcoin will be Ethereum. As I am monitoring the market and I will definitely invest in Ethereum. So the final call is yours if you want to invest your time and money.do what you like most. Ethereum has no match with ripple. Enjoy your trading peace.
Bas01

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:52:52 PM

As for me, Ripple is committed to using blockchain technology to revolutionize the way we make payments online — allowing for faster, cheaper, more efficient transactions. Ethereum uses blockchain technology to revolutionize the application structure - allowing developers to access all the benefits of blockchain without having to create them themselves. But I like ETH more Cool Shocked Huh Smiley Cheesy
yaknedo

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:02:38 PM

Ethereum according to better than Ripple where he managed to occupy the position under Bitcoin but Ripple has advantages of Ethereum iyalah cheap. Also, fast transaction processing speeds when compared to Ethereum. It provides flexibility for anyone who wants to send cheap payments from anywhere in the world in just seconds.
SinRin

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 05:14:08 PM

I like very much the ethereum I think for this coin is our future with you. I think all investors should have it in their portfolio of investments

Domanity

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:22:35 PM

Many people say that Ethereum will be better, and Ripple will fall, some even say Ripple will die. but if in my opinion you can try both .. select Ripple also Ethereum. because in any Cryptocurrency world it can happen, and that's usually very fast. And we also do not know, if suddenly Ripple will fly to the moon and have a very high price, although later not as high as Etheereum prices.
gudvin1988783

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 05:26:16 PM

Ripple is a passed stage and it does not make sense to invest in this coin. And in general, there is no sense from this token and its use. Another thing is the Etherium.
iutaguqi

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:28:36 PM

Although people are talking about a good and stable development of Ripple, I still choose Ethereum, with unlimited possibilities in Ethereum's intelligent contract platform, and I like its scalability.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:04:44 PM

I think the ripple has more prospects than ethereum because it is supported by large banks and it is very convenient to pay for

Comparing Ripple vs Ethereum is like doing so with apples and oranges. They're completely different from one another, and while they can be used as a medium of exchange or payments, they have their unique use cases in the mainstream world. I agree with you that Ripple is extremely convenient for payments since transactions are speedy and fees are dirt cheap, but being a centralized system, I don't think that there will be much uses for it by individuals except by banks and other financial institutions. On the other hand, Ethereum allows the creation of smart contracts which provides the user with many functionalities that cannot be implemented on Ripple.

You can create or send/receive tokens, interact with dApps, participate in a DAO, and do much more with Ethereum. Given that Ethereum is much more flexible to work with (and also decentralized) than Ripple, it has been the cryptocurrency of choice for individuals, developers, startups and companies alike. Therefore, both Ripple and Ethereum could complement each other by providing the user the ability to interact with censorship-resistant applications or simply sending/receiving money at the lowest costs possible in a quick and secure way. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
nana2955

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:18:07 AM

If we compare both Ether is always best,while ripple is cheaper good option for trading practice and for lobg term.Some investment in ripple to hold for couple of years will be profitable. Smiley
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:51:20 PM

If we compare both Ether is always best,while ripple is cheaper good option for trading practice and for lobg term.Some investment in ripple to hold for couple of years will be profitable. Smiley

It's possible to make a lot of profit with Ripple over the long term, as it establishes partnerships with banks, and gains traction in the centralized financial sector. Once it becomes adopted by the mainstream world, it could see a major boost in its price over the long term. The only downside is that it is a centralized DLT system, unlike many decentralized cryptocurrencies we know and love like Bitcoin and Ethereum.

However, Ethereum could also rise in price since it will be implementing many upgrades over its protocol to make it scale for many users. Dapps will see greater performance over the network with such upgrades, and demand will rise for the Ether token itself. As such, Ethereum could reach new All-time-highs due to the popularity it will experience because of such improvements.

Nevertheless, while both cryptos are different, there share one thing in common and that is the blockchain technology or distributed ledger technology, making them invulnerable to fraud and as secure as possible. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Weirdwas

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:19:09 PM

Eth is the better choice between the two. Ripple might be a very good coin but not good enough that it can be compare to eth. There is no competition
popba

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:00:18 AM

Ripple and ethereum are both good. But I will still choose ethereum. Because Ethereum will be able to become a profit generator for entrepreneurs.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:05:38 AM

This thread reminds me of the early ethereum days when you don't even have a clue as to where ethereum was heading, you kind of just by ether blindly hoping it woukd just suprises you some how! No mew or ledger or any of other services we enjoy on ethereum platform. But I do know ethereum is  decentralized and ripple is not!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
ichai

Activity: 445

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:10:25 AM

ETH is the second choice after BTC. If someone has extra money to buy ETH - the right choice. In addition, watching the very significant price movement. I think that the price of ETH will reach the highest point by the end of 2018

Yes, ripples can not be compared to ETH, Ripple is just a coin flute, no good foundation, ETH is now widely available, many ICOs accept ETH as a platform to develop tokens their. So in the future ETH will compete high with BTC.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Btcirene88

Activity: 214
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:14:49 AM

I always choose ethereum coin even if the ripple are surprisingly surpass ETH place. But is only a day not a permanent place.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
Lolox

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:18:17 AM

Ethereum is a lucrative coin to be invested. Because ethereum has a very reliable platform and has sophisticated specifications to always develop its quality. Ethereum also has a pretty good potential for its value to grow fertile. The trustworthy platform for safely storing investment assets keeps the community interested in investing in them, and raises the ethereum rating and shifts the original ripple position under bitcoin.

P A R A M O U N T ▬▬  DAX  ▬▬                    Digital E X C H A N G E
██ [   We have a license   ◾ F V R 0 0 0 3 6 3   ◾ F R K 0 0 0 3 0 4   ] ██
WHITEPAPER   ◥ bitcointalk   ◥ twitter   ◥ facebook      | ► JOIN NOW
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:24:01 PM

Ethereum is a lucrative coin to be invested. Because ethereum has a very reliable platform and has sophisticated specifications to always develop its quality. Ethereum also has a pretty good potential for its value to grow fertile. The trustworthy platform for safely storing investment assets keeps the community interested in investing in them, and raises the ethereum rating and shifts the original ripple position under bitcoin.

Agree. Ethereum is extremely reliable, secure, and decentralized. Given that it has a native token called "Ether" used for the most popular smart contracts in existence, it will always be demanded by everyday people in the mainstream world. In contrast, Ripple is centralized and easily manipulated by third parties. It has no real use cases in our world, except for allowing banks to transfer money in a fast and cheap way. But other than that, many people would prefer to use Ethereum over Ripple simply because it's decentralized.

Unless the XRP network becomes decentralized in the future, it wouldn't be able to grab the level of attention among everyday people like Ethereum does. As such, I believe that Ethereum would experience a greater valuation in its price over the long term than XRP itself. It will make many hodlers wealthy once it upgrades to handle more transactions per second with its Casper PoS consensus algorithm, the Plasma Framework, and more. And that's the reason I believe that Ethereum will always be on top of Ripple in terms of marketcap. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
LikaForw

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:43:41 PM

ETH is the second choice after BTC. If someone has extra money to buy ETH - the right choice. In addition, watching the very significant price movement. I think that the price of ETH will reach the highest point by the end of 2018
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: