Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:36:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum  (Read 6256 times)
Shikamaru

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:34:27 AM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)

Each has a different business model, and maybe the first among its competitors. Maybe this year Ripple gets more pressure, because even many communities don't believe that crypto essence is in Ripple. But if Ripple can solve the main problem, and make this altcoin truly decentralized, then perhaps the percentage of Ripple growth will be greater than Ethereum from the current price range.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:36:48 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 05:25:59 PM by sh4dtechnr

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)

Nowadays, from the investing point of view, I would certainly chose ethereum. Because ripple (xrp) is an overpriced centralized coin, that does not represent nothing special of itself. Yes, it is a coin with good scalability, fast transactions and a small commissions, but why do not I choose at this point of view a more decentralized nano or verge or ... it's so many of them.  Ripple & XRP is two different things. All these partnerships of Ripple with banks have nothing in common with its coin XRP. Banks are using Ripple's xCurrent technology, not xRapid (XRP).

And the ethereum has the strongest development team, the largest in the industry community, an excellent technology that have a future. Almost all ICO's are performed on ethereum blockchain.
Luntik45

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:54:22 AM

Choose Etherium, it is the best choice and there is no doubt about it . Ripple is a good coin but it doesn't have the potential like Ethereum
Bakery cream15

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:15:28 AM

If we compare both Ether is always best,while ripple is cheaper good option for trading practice and for lobg term.Some investment in ripple to hold for couple of years will be profitable.
joeyarg

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:00:47 AM

I think both of them are good, but the technology from ethereum is really innovative still, while ripple is also considered to be way too centralized to be even be considered a cryptocurrency, I would stick to ethereum though.
I think that there’s hardly a definite answer. They two are meant to be used for different things and appeal to very different communities, to put it as simply as possible.
BountyGo
Copper Member

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:40:46 PM

My main question around XRP is - why do we think banks even want to do transfers faster or cheaper? Financial Services is notoriously risk averse so they're not going to just install brand new infrastructure that will have significant (potentially adverse impacts) to its regulatory compliance efforts without a significant return on investment. Think about the cost to install, administrative cost (this is an entirely new technology they'll need to retrain or hire competent admins), cost of complexity - now all your key controls for financial reporting need to be updated or re-written entirely to be tested (this is exponentially costly depending on the size of the bank). Currently, they pass the existing costs onto consumers and they will continue to do that until the end of time.
Best Coin8

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:45:56 PM

I support the ethereum. Because I think that it is he who has great prospects for growth in the future. He has great opportunities, he is very multi-functional and very popular.
lichnosam

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:11:04 PM

Ethereum is almost superior in every aspect to ripple, they have a platform that helps users to create their own tokens and build their own community and the platform is also decentralized compared to ripple that its controlled by a institution.

In my belief, Ethereum is a better option because it is  used to make other tokens, which  are all based on the same blockchain so it’s easy to transfer them from one to the other. The network is highly collaborative and used for various purposes.
razinvel

Merit: 2

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:44:44 PM

Ripple is one of the few crypto-currencies that was created not on the basis of technology blocking, but on the technology of special payment gateways - RPCA
lancer10

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:12:20 AM

Ripple is too young and little popular to create a normal competition for the Etherium. The project has a strong team and I hope in the future the project will show itself.
Well, it is quite difficult to compare them as they are two very different coins and they are used for different purposes. But in general, I think Ethereum is better as it can be mined, while Ripple cannot be mined.
Balab01

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:05:10 AM

I think both of these coins are worth investing in. I personally did, and I think they both make you a pretty good profit.

I would diversify my investments in both of these coins. But you should never invest any amount you cannot afford to lose  and make sure you have an understanding of any company you are going to invest.

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
Milka1980

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:13:34 AM

I think Waves is still very far from Etherium. Almost all new projects use the ERC-20 platform, and Waves is used very rarely.
fukkkxdfs

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:10:40 AM

I am sure that I like Eth more than Ripple like other participants do. Ripple is not promising enough and Eth is too reliable for me than other altcoins.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
V. J. Meyer

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:31:54 AM

I believe in eth. Because behind this extreme eth potential can grow sharply in the future and by the end of the year the price will rise higher than 2017 even though eth is down below $ 200 but I still believe and expect ripple and only is a bubble coin
Xexath

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:49:34 AM

i think that ripple is better than ethereum, but ripple is more centralised than ethereum
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:09:39 PM

In my belief, Ethereum is a better option because it is  used to make other tokens, which  are all based on the same blockchain so it’s easy to transfer them from one to the other. The network is highly collaborative and used for various purposes.

Yes sir! With Ethereum, you get access to a wealth of tokens available across the market. Using the same ETH wallet, you can send/receive hundreds of tokens without having to create a unique public/private key for every one of them. This is a key advantage, in my opinion, since people can easily interact with tokens without the extra effort. But, that's not possible with Ripple since it's highly centralized, it's not Turing complete, and only works for making payments at a global scale.

Ripple may have unmatched speeds and costs, but it's inferior to Ethereum because it's centralized. On top of that, Ethereum is more advanced than XRP with features that allows it to be used for more than just a cryptocurrency. It can be used for gaming (CryptoKitties), decentralized exchanges (EtherDelta), and more. Therefore, I think that Ethereum as a platform has many chances of survival than Ripple itself. Grin

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:52:05 PM

I believe in eth. Because behind this extreme eth potential can grow sharply in the future and by the end of the year the price will rise higher than 2017 even though eth is down below $ 200 but I still believe and expect ripple and only is a bubble coin

Same. I don't think that XRP will get that far, by only making partnerships with Banks but not delivering real uses to the mainstream world. Ethereum has all the chances of winning in the long term, because it will be highly demanded for dApps and Tokens over time. The market for Ethereum is quite huge, as startups, companies, businesses, and even individuals become interested in its technology. With greater flexibility and features than XRP, I believe that ETH will stay on top of XRP for years to come.

There's one thing though, that XRP has on its side and that is unmatched speeds and transaction costs. This may be probably because of the centralized nature of XRP, but it's somewhat an advantage for daily transactions made on XRP than Ethereum itself. The latter is clogged right now, but with the implementation of good scalability techniques, it could become bigger than ever.

Nevertheless, Ethereum will be in the eyes of many cryptocurrency enthusiasts (due to its decentralized nature), while XRP will be the coin for Banks. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Tigerheart3026

Activity: 902
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:56:14 PM

I am sure that I like Eth more than Ripple like other participants do. Ripple is not promising enough and Eth is too reliable for me than other altcoins.

Oh really! I like ripple also. Ripple is so much good coin for holding a long time, it need less money. but ethereum invest more money but more risky. Market of ethereum decrease day by day.
Arrbuzz

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:02:34 PM

ETH has a lot of problems for its network, although it has a good platform, XRP has advantages if we talk about the tx confirmation rate, and it is much cheaper for new investors, but eth is more Mature than XRP, I will still choose ETH over XRP because it is not centralized like XRP.
f12345

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:04:57 PM

It's not a fair comparison as Ripple is highly centralized at the moment but they most likely will focus on partnerships now that lawsuit is decided in their favor.
XRPreceived a lawsuit stating that the company uses dishonest and illegal tactics for tricking investors and controlling the price of XRP.

Ryan Coffey, an XRP investor, had filed a lawsuit against Ripple Labs Inc earlier this year in May after allegedly suffering losses instead of gains on his investment. He led an entire group of upset investors to file the lawsuit against the company on May 3.

He issued “Order Denying Motion to Remand,” to ensure that the case doesn’t advance to Federal levels and instead remains in the lower courts of California. After suffering losses due to a bad investment, Ryan went ahead and demanded compensation for the financial losses he had faced due to Ripple Labs Inc. When he didn’t receive any compensation, he accused the company of manipulating XRP’s price to make profits and for damaging XRP investors.

Ryan said that the company promoted XRP through the media while using the media to make XRP prices rise and fall simultaneously. He accused XRP of being a security, and the company of ignoring the California Corporations Code regarding the securities laws.

The lawsuit also accused Ripple’s CEO, Brad Garlinghouse, to mislead investors by falsely explaining how his company’s products are being used. Finally, Ryan accused XRP of violating federal laws regarding securities and of not being decentralized.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: