Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:47:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 7153 times)
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:05:13 AM

suicide is always a bad move. dont do it. there are always people who care about you even if you cant see. besides, you never know what tomorrow might bring.

they have polled suicide attempts who did not die and almost all of them said they acted in a moment of darkness, but were glad to be alive.

wait it out. you're going to be ok
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:34:45 PM

I think that it is selfish under certain circumstances; they didn't tell anyone about their problems, and didn't offer anyone a chance to help them. This could make the parents or friends blame themselves for not seeing the problem. This could lead to a cluster suicide. I think that it isn't selfish and just their choice if they have tried everything they could. I don't support suicide at all.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:31:07 AM

KARACHI: “All is fair in love and war” – a popular saying had its practical implication when a teenage schoolboy in Karachi committed suicide after his parents allegedly refused love-marriage.

http://arynews.tv/en/fallen-in-love-karachi-school-boy-shoots-girl-dead-later-kills-himself/

This bloke shot the girl he was in love with and then shot himself.
The murder should be making headlines, not the suicide.  Smiley

I didn't get your point. Can you elaborate it ?
miki77miki

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

stop kidding me

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 11:55:55 PM

Natural selection at work.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:09:28 AM

It is not just in the genes.
A lot more factors are at work in suicide - stress levels, financial problems, etc.

That said, the OP talks about aged people fasting to death. No natural selection taking place there
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 01:18:48 PM

Suicide is a horrible thing, and we as a community need to step up and help people. If we could help our family, our friends, our neighbours, co-workers, classmates, etc. when they need, and we show love, compassion and sympathy, we can make the world a better place.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:53:50 PM

I am not so sure about it. Most of the people who commit suicide are young men or women of working age, with sufficient education and skills. Poor illiterate people seldom commit suicide. Death from drug addiction and alcoholism is natural selection. But death from suicide is not so. Suicide mostly affect those people who contribute to the society.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: