Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:11:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized!  (Read 547549 times)
szuwi

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 09:51:32 AM

I've been following Expanse a lot lately, and they've been doing great. The main difference between this group and the Expanse team is how to communicate with the community. The Expanse slack is very useful.  What ways do you guys use, because I couldn't find a good place.

can't you see the real difference between SHF and EXP? Expanse has 10 mil at so called DAO account controlled by unknowns, premined coins waiting to be dumped -> http://www.expanse.tech/explorer/account/0xbb94f0ceb32257275b2a7a9c094c13e469b4563e
Coinmarketcap shows fake total coins number (2,066,139 EXP instead of 12,066,139 EXP). EXP team hid 10 mil EXP account, this way they are misleading investors about real marketcap that shows that EXP is probably 5x overpriced now. The truth is that these premined and hidden coins exist on their blockchain and can be dumped by EXP team at any time.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:45:38 PM

Where is white paper?
What is your vision for 5 years?
How much Shift (SHIFT) coins will be in existence after 1,2 or 5 years?
Why these tokes could be valuable in the future? What can I do with them?
Is this crypto token related to zeronet.io project, if yes - how?
What does it mean "Based on Ethereum"? Will you need to burn gas to run you chain on top of ETH? How much will it cost?

Hi m1000, thanks for your interest. Let me answer our questions.

Where is white paper?

We do not have a whitepaper per se. Most of what is titled "whitepaper" in crypto would not hold up to academic standards, it's merely a write up of simple thoughts hosted outside of Bitcointalk. A lot of the info you would find in such a whitepaper can be found on the first page or in the thread.

That being said, we have to apologize for the lack of information collected in a central place, so we will be providing extensive information about SHIFT and Phantom here very soon.

What is your vision for 5 years?

We wouldn't even reach as far as 5 years, many of our goals can be reached sooner. The initial thought behind SHIFT was to provide a completely decentralized way to interact with Dapps. Currently Ethereum's smart contracts are decentralized in nature due to the blockchain, but the frontends still rely on a centralized solution (aka web service provider). A current example of this would be Augur, who had to postpone their launch due to legal issues in the United States.

Shortly after starting work on implementing and extending Zeronet's technology for Phantom we saw a much bigger opportunity. We are building a completely decentralized internet where users will never have to rely on or pay server, VPS or other service providers. Users choosing to host a Shift Node will even receive a share of the block reward for their bandwidth. This goes for services such as website hosting, decentralized marketplaces, messaging, email, direct monetization for content creators and Dapp creation.

How much Shift (SHIFT) coins will be in existence after 1,2 or 5 years?

We have ~74000 coins minted monthly or a little less than 500000 in 6 months.

Why these tokes could be valuable in the future? What can I do with them?

SHIFT will be used as a means of payment on Phantom. Our most prominent example would be domain registration via smart contract, where you have to deposit a certain number of coins to secure a domain, e.g. m1000blog.shift. Keep in mind this is just one of many examples resulting from the aforementioned technology.

Is this crypto token related to zeronet.io project, if yes - how?

No. We are not affiliated with Zeronet at this time.

What does it mean "Based on Ethereum"? Will you need to burn gas to run you chain on top of ETH? How much will it cost?

Based on Ethereum means SHIFT is the first alternative fork of Ethereum. We use the same codebase as ETH.

This is just a short summary of what SHIFT is. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask or join us on Slack for direct correspondence Smiley

How do I create a smart contract to register a domain?  That feature is not unlocked in the wallet yet.  Also when will additional features be unlocked in the wallet so I can use the tech that shift is selling?
Mysterion

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:49:40 PM

I've been following Expanse a lot lately, and they've been doing great. The main difference between this group and the Expanse team is how to communicate with the community. The Expanse slack is very useful.  What ways do you guys use, because I couldn't find a good place.

can't you see the real difference between SHF and EXP? Expanse has 10 mil at so called DAO account controlled by unknowns, premined coins waiting to be dumped -> http://www.expanse.tech/explorer/account/0xbb94f0ceb32257275b2a7a9c094c13e469b4563e
Coinmarketcap shows fake total coins number (2,066,139 EXP instead of 12,066,139 EXP). EXP team hid 10 mil EXP account, this way they are misleading investors about real marketcap that shows that EXP is probably 5x overpriced now. The truth is that these premined and hidden coins exist on their blockchain and can be dumped by EXP team at any time.

Read the other day that the number of available coins is actually 3 Million but they won't fix their block explorer API so CMC doesn't display correctly Grin

The main difference between SHIFT and EXP is that SHIFT is developing unique additions to their codebase. Check the EXP github, there's almost no contributions. But don't worry, they are having a hard time selling their vaporware recently. Charts don't lie Wink
ExEric3

Activity: 176

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:58:26 PM

http://shf.miners-zone.net has been updated.

Sorry for 30 mins downtime. I made some reorganizations on server box. I needed sent all payments to miners before I could remove completely database since we updated pool software (which adding new feautures and protections against attackers) which needed changed database structure. So everything goes from scratch. Also I updated to latest gshift v3.0.1 for better compatibility and speed with pool software. Thanks and sorry for incoviences.
ShiftConnect

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 04:12:43 PM

How do I create a smart contract to register a domain?  That feature is not unlocked in the wallet yet.  Also when will additional features be unlocked in the wallet so I can use the tech that shift is selling?

We are currently developing the DNS function. Contracts on Phantom are working already in our closed alpha, however we need to rewrite a lot of the send / receive method for compatibility.

There's no hard date for a new milestone release but we are parallely working on a simple site deploy feature where you can login to ShiftHub and create your very own page to distribute on Phantom.

As for using the tech SHIFT is selling: you are already using it. The wallet is "nothing more" than a Phantom site authored and distributed by us and seeded by your peers Smiley

SHIFT Response Team
darkjack

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:15:38 PM

Trouble in Paradise

So, I login to Miners Zone this morning to check on my miners when Lo and behold it's showing me I have Total Paid: 12.95127328 and a Pending Balance: 0.57510825.  I check the wallet address, it's correct.  I check the payouts tab:

Your Latest Payouts
7/31/2016, 12:34:51 PM, 0xd3494041d3d16060662da6a3154eb0adb617048f6f74c22c0e2897c8992753b8, 12.95127328

[EDIT: That is the only payout it's showing.]

That's obviously wrong.  Miners Zone must be doing some kind of update.  So I login to my Phantom Wallet.  It's showing me a balance of 1,317.89133318.  Ok, now I'm getting concerned.  I check the transactions and there is not a time stamp on any of them, they all show x Hrs ago, so I can't verify much here.

In the end, overnight there are issues and discrepancies between what Miner Zone is reporting and the official Phantome Wallet is reporting and I am missing over 600 SHF.

I would suggest that others check their balances very closely.  There have been several times that mining pools have crossed over the 51% threshold...
ShiftConnect

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:52:25 PM

That's obviously wrong.  Miners Zone must be doing some kind of update.  So I login to my Phantom Wallet.  It's showing me a balance of 1,317.89133318.  Ok, now I'm getting concerned.  I check the transactions and there is not a time stamp on any of them, they all show x Hrs ago, so I can't verify much here.

In the end, overnight there are issues and discrepancies between what Miner Zone is reporting and the official Phantome Wallet is reporting and I am missing over 600 SHF.

I would suggest that others check their balances very closely.  There have been several times that mining pools have crossed over the 51% threshold...

Hi darkjack,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.. you're missing one or more payment(s) from Miner's Zone?

From your transaction id I get to the address 970abdbf7b05333573ef19c4394db989d07f078c which shows 1,914.743168683 SHIFT. Is that your wallet? The balance seems to add up to what you describe.

We have had reports of malicious miners trying to send invalid mining data to pools, so we're very interested to see if any of our users have been affected by this.

Can you join us on Slack? I'm sure we can sort this out and get your coins back!

SHIFT Response Team
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 10:04:51 PM

Read the other day that the number of available coins is actually 3 Million but they won't fix their block explorer API so CMC doesn't display correctly Grin

The main difference between SHIFT and EXP is that SHIFT is developing unique additions to their codebase. Check the EXP github, there's almost no contributions. But don't worry, they are having a hard time selling their vaporware recently. Charts don't lie Wink

Jesus christ. It's is the blind leading the blind over here at this shit show. The difference between SHT and EXP is the community trust EXP 10x more than they trust SHT. The charts dont lie Wink The community doesnt give a single fuck about arbitrary code changes like adding sql. Don't take my word for it, compare the market caps between EXP and SHT then come over the the EXP thread and fud for free forum bumps. It's not a conspiracy polo doesn't add SHT there is just no reason what so ever to trust anon scammers and a double premined coin. SHT is doomed.

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

ShiftConnect

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 11:06:18 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2016, 11:35:05 PM by ShiftConnect

Jesus christ. It's is the blind leading the blind over here at this shit show. The difference between SHT and EXP is the community trust EXP 10x more than they trust SHT. The charts dont lie Wink The community doesnt give a single fuck about arbitrary code changes like adding sql. Don't take my word for it, compare the market caps between EXP and SHT then come over the the EXP thread and fud for free forum bumps. It's not a conspiracy polo doesn't add SHT there is just no reason what so ever to trust anon scammers and a double premined coin. SHT is doomed.

Hey,

sorry to have community members voicing their opinion in that way, we're trying to keep our thread free from that as much as possible. There's no competition between SHIFT and EXP, we're serving different niches of the ecosystem, so you go your way and we go ours.

The last thing we want is to fuel the SHIFT-EXP debate again, so asking you politely not to post anything derogatory. It's a free world and you can post your comments but no need to throw insults around.

SHIFT Response Team
darkjack

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 11:18:19 PM

Hi darkjack,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.. you're missing one or more payment(s) from Miner's Zone?

From your transaction id I get to the address 970abdbf7b05333573ef19c4394db989d07f078c which shows 1,914.743168683 SHIFT. Is that your wallet? The balance seems to add up to what you describe.

We have had reports of malicious miners trying to send invalid mining data to pools, so we're very interested to see if any of our users have been affected by this.

Can you join us on Slack? I'm sure we can sort this out and get your coins back!

No, that's not exactly what I'm saying.  When I went to bed last night I had just shy of 2,000 SHF.  This morning Miners Zone is reporting 12.95.  If that's not concerning enough, my wallet is only reporting 1,317.89.  I think there's something much deeper amiss than miners attacking pools.

I'd rather troubleshoot here or via PM for privacy.
ShiftConnect

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 11:24:46 PM

No, that's not exactly what I'm saying.  When I went to bed last night I had just shy of 2,000 SHF.  This morning Miners Zone is reporting 12.95.  If that's not concerning enough, my wallet is only reporting 1,317.89.  I think there's something much deeper amiss than miners attacking pools.

I'd rather troubleshoot here or via PM for privacy.

Did the coins "vanish" from your local wallet or from your pool balance? As a first solution, can you try to resync? If that doesn't help, try to rebuild sqldb?

We have the admin from Miner's Zone in the slack and we can set up a new private channel with the necessary parties in it to keep your privacy. Better than bouncing around PMs on here or spamming the thread. For the sake of transparency I can update publicly after we've found a solution and returned your coins.

I doubt there's anything shady going on with the pools so it's likely just a technical matter. Please PM me your wallet address and you pool username so I can properly look into it.

SHIFT Response Team
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 11:43:21 PM

Hey,

sorry to have community members voicing their opinion in that way, we're trying to keep our thread free from that as much as possible. There's no competition between SHIFT and EXP, we're serving different niches of the ecosystem, so you go your way and we go ours.

The last thing we want is to fuel the SHIFT-EXP debate again, so asking you politely not to post anything derogatory. It's a free world and you can post your comments but no need to throw insults around.

I agree m8. EXP and SHFT serve different niches and can coexist but its so frustrating to come and see what SHFT is working on only to see the community spending most of its time shit talking a completely different project. I never invested in SHFT for that exact reason. I mined SHFT and EXP both early on and the rivalry was exhausting.

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

ShiftConnect

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 12:06:21 AM

Hey,

I agree m8. EXP and SHFT serve different niches and can coexist but its so frustrating to come and see what SHFT is working on only to see the community spending most of its time shit talking a completely different project. I never invested in SHFT for that exact reason. I mined SHFT and EXP both early on and the rivalry was exhausting.

Thanks for understanding! That time can be used for better things.

We're actually seeing a steadily growing influx of EXP users in our community over the last months. Who knows, maybe with growing education there can be a healthier relationship.

Good luck with Expanse!

SHIFT Response Team
psyx80

Activity: 241

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 02:17:16 PM

Thanks to the whole team, it was nice to you to deal with in the past, but I leave the project. I liquidated their coins and wish you further prosperity.

good luck

ShiftConnect

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 03:21:48 PM

Thanks to the whole team, it was nice to you to deal with in the past, but I leave the project. I liquidated their coins and wish you further prosperity.

good luck

Thanks, you were a great community member. Good luck to you too!

SHIFT Response Team
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:00:26 PM

I've been following EXP. And I honestly think they won't dump the 10 million. Not only that, but Coinmarketcap is wrong and they've been contacting coinmarketcap, but they've been ignoring. It's above 3 million already (without the 10 million)

They still have their own team fund they haven't fully dumped yet.
ShiftConnect

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 11:39:03 AM

I've been following EXP. And I honestly think they won't dump the 10 million. Not only that, but Coinmarketcap is wrong and they've been contacting coinmarketcap, but they've been ignoring. It's above 3 million already (without the 10 million)

They still have their own team fund they haven't fully dumped yet.

The truth is that crypto has matured beyond somebody in their basement cloning different altcoins with funny animal logos. The demands of the market and communities have grown so much that any project without funding will have a hard time attracting good developers or make steady progress.

We chose to take a moderate approach, where there is a premine available but it's fair compared to what can be mined and is distributed among our community over the longterm.

However, this is the SHIFT thread so we'd appreciate it to keep the discussion related to that, thanks a lot for understanding!

SHIFT Response Team
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:29:23 PM

Does anyone know where you can hire hashrate for SHF?

Miningrentals is  full of ETH and ETC  but no SHF.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 03:56:55 PM

Just use any Stratum Rig there from Dagger-hashimoto and point it to the pool:

https://shift.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=dashboard

stratum+tcp://shift.suprnova.cc:4334 for MRR Stratum

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ExEric3

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:57:40 PM

I tested http://shf.miners-zone.net with Miningrentals Stratum and it worked. Almost most pools are based on open-ethereum implementation so they will works.
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 314 »
  Print  

Jump to: