Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:14:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Low BTC price is good for Bitcoins at the moment.  (Read 30514 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 09:19:36 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 10:16:27 AM by deisik

If Bitcoin's success depends on the ability for people to buy full coins then it's fucked.

I think one of its biggest mistakes was not to start off with a larger number of units. Yes, I know it's divisible but that's not how the average mind works and unless average minds are aroused it's not going far.

And how does it work actually? As long as there are no technical issues with divisibility (and there are none so far) and we don't throw ourselves into extremes, the price tag of $200-250 per coin seems to be pretty attractive for investment purposes...

Then again, if you could buy a cup of tea with dust, I don't see how this could adversely affect Bitcoin adoption

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 09:55:22 AM

Low prices are very good opportunity to get into market to make huge profits when bitcoin hit higher and higher prices. Because no one catch exact low price. So, when ever bitcoin hit low price we must buy some bitcoins to get a lower average buying price.

Lower prices are a great moment to get into Bitcoin. Here I agree with you. But I don't understand how we get a lower average buying price as you mentioned; after buying in we'll make huge profits. These things don't come together nicely if you ask me. In order to achieve a much higher price people have to buy all the 'expensive' coins in order to get great profits.
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:40:10 AM

If Bitcoin's success depends on the ability for people to buy full coins then it's fucked.

I think one of its biggest mistakes was not to start off with a larger number of units. Yes, I know it's divisible but that's not how the average mind works and unless average minds are aroused it's not going far.

And how does it work actually? As long as there are no technical issues with divisibility (and there are none so far) and we don't throw ourselves into extremes, the price tag of $200-250 per coin seems to be pretty attractive for investment purposes...

Then again, if you could buy a cup of tea with dust, I don't see how this could adversely affect Bitcoin adoption

Yes, as soon as people start thinking in terms of satoshis, this mental block will go.
You have a lot of alts which are valued less than 1 bitcoin, the average minds haven't taken to them in a big way.
NoRespect

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:14:00 AM

Low price of Bitcoins will attract new people to join the rally, now that a lot more people can afford to buy a ''Full Bitcoin''

Agree but if the price will remain low for to many time the interest will be gone. Needed increase to see that bitcoin has value and can be a good investment. In that way the interest can remain live and other will be interested.
I also agree that when prices go down much bitcoin buy
but if no one bought maybe the price could be down again
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:50:42 AM

Low price of bitcoin also shows that bitcoin can be 'lost' investment because if price dropped once it can go down again even more.
It is only fine if low price is short occurrence. Long Term low price is not good at all.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:55:03 PM

Low price of bitcoin also shows that bitcoin can be 'lost' investment because if price dropped once it can go down again even more.
It is only fine if low price is short occurrence. Long Term low price is not good at all.

You are right, its not good for bitcoins to remain at low for longer time. Many people who bought the bitcoins as a investment will suffer as there investment is undervalued. But I think this fall is temporary and very soon the prices of bitcoins will start climbing. On other hand it is good opportunity for investors to buy some bitcoins at low prices and make some profit when the price increased.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:16:40 PM

You're right. But keep in mind that we had a tremendous bubble in late 2013. After such bursts a hard correction and bear market of 24 months is nothing unusual.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:00:35 AM

You're right. But keep in mind that we had a tremendous bubble in late 2013. After such bursts a hard correction and bear market of 24 months is nothing unusual.

NO. If bitcoin was keeping on around 10$ in it's so far life of 6 years means, only some 10k people would have been aware of it and using of it. As per Satoshi idea, initial adoption of bitcoin as a investment. Because of a booming commodity can attract more people to use it. Later people use it as currency. So, bigger prices are more important for the growth of bitcoin. That's the reason we have halving every 4 years. Otherwise we would have same block rewards to get all 21M bitcoins.
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:38:36 AM

NO. If bitcoin was keeping on around 10$ in it's so far life of 6 years means, only some 10k people would have been aware of it and using of it. As per Satoshi idea, initial adoption of bitcoin as a investment. Because of a booming commodity can attract more people to use it. Later people use it as currency. So, bigger prices are more important for the growth of bitcoin. That's the reason we have halving every 4 years. Otherwise we would have same block rewards to get all 21M bitcoins.

Yes, higher prices might lead to more awareness.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:46:33 AM

people keep saying the price is low. but in fact, the price isn't that low. as long as the core devs don't come to an agreement about the blocksize issue, the price right now is more than fair. the last thing we need are the devs disagreeing about one of the most important changes right now.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:13:18 AM

Yes, higher prices might lead to more awareness.

it's the opposite, more awareness will reclaim new people which will lead to a better price, your point can be true, only if a very rich individual will begin to pump the hell out of the current market price
devil11

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 11:28:38 AM

Only for those peoples who are joining bitcoin now-a-days but not for those peoples who are old users. Old users are facing loss !!
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 11:52:26 AM

There is still a possible solution to this problem. We need to give names to the smaller units as Ethereum guys did. That's a good idea. And we need to that right away since the real mass adoption hasn't even started. So it won't be hard for the newcomers to get used to smaller units and new names for these units. 
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:13:43 PM

There is still a possible solution to this problem. We need to give names to the smaller units as Ethereum guys did. That's a good idea. And we need to that right away since the real mass adoption hasn't even started. So it won't be hard for the newcomers to get used to smaller units and new names for these units.  

I think we are having this partly. If I'm not wrong a thousandth of a Bitcoin is a millibit or millie. And µBTC can also be called bit.And of course the satoshi as the smallest unit.
angelakay124

Activity: 126

Crypto-Games.net: DICE, BLACKJACK and SLOT

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:33:29 PM

I am quite new regarding bitcoin trading but i have done several forex trading. After being adopted bitcon by several trading platform the price are being fluctuating more than in past. More people are being interested in bitcoin like me these days after seeing its trading profitability. Ultimately the bitcoin price may get around 300-350$ in two month and then start again to fluctuate.

Provably fair DICE, SLOT and BLACKJACK  
██████████████████████████████████████ CRYPTO-GAMES.NET ██████████████████████████████████████
0.8% House edgeInstant depositFast bets ChatJackpot Starting Faucet 1kMax Faucet 20.5kInvest
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 05:24:55 PM

I disagree, the only thing that brings new users to Bitcoin is positive media coverage.
Low prices will not cause that to happen.

A rise to 400 dollar on the other hand would bring some good attention Cheesy

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 06:42:13 PM

I disagree, the only thing that brings new users to Bitcoin is positive media coverage.

Two digit inflation of major currencies will be more persuading than any positive media coverage

peeveepee

Activity: 211

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:48:56 PM

Two digit inflation of major currencies will be more persuading than any positive media coverage

Last time I checked, USD is going up against most currencies rather than going down.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 06:52:30 PM

Last time I checked, USD is going up against most currencies rather than going down.

This is what I expected to hear, but no, I talk about true inflation that you see through the prices in your corner (or, rather, that looks at you personally). The USDX (or whatever) will be irrelevant if that should happen...

Bitmore

Activity: 413

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:55:30 AM

Low price of Bitcoins will attract new people to join the rally, now that a lot more people can afford to buy a ''Full Bitcoin''
I completely agree. The more people buy bitcoin, the more they will know about it. The more people know about bitcoin, the more expensive it is.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: