May 30, 2024, 09:37:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DO you like this thread
Meh
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin  (Read 303272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JohnUser

Activity: 1022
Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 02:02:54 PM

Told you all. Time for 800 EUR.

I just read your last post page, indeed you claimed it.

Did i miss something ? Nothing new about HF..
Morgenst3rn

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:06:28 PM

"My re-entry price is now essentially fixed at $1250 regardless of how low the price goes"

Vinny Lingham shows commitment, i like that.

Although i'm involved in BTC for a year now, I'm quite a newbie.

Therefore my question might sound a little bit naive, but anyway:
Why is the price of BTC still rising, despite the threat of a hardfork & the heavy FUD/panic selling associated with this ?

Some influential people in the Bitcoin-Universe even seem to be excited about BU, because they think it's a good move to get rid of the bad elements.

Because it is the same story like back in August 2015. Just with different actors.

Of course it is strong enough to shake the new weak hands, who entered Bitcoin at some point of its more than a year long bull-trend and never experienced strong FUD. It is also working for long-time holder like Dafar, who are now too much financially invested in Bitcoin, due to the price rise, to keep a clear head. But on the other hand, it might also be a good idea to play it safe.

I was buying the dip at 950$.

Definitely feel terrible for selling... im sorry bitcoin  Embarrassed

Dafar, you are currently too emotional when it comes to Bitcoin. Don't buy back at a loss. The price could easily swing back down to retest the 950$ bottom. Don't let the hardfork FUD impact you that much, it is the same story like it was in august 2015, when the price crashed from 270$ down to 170$(at Bitfinex). What I learned from that is: hardfork FUD is always a great buying opportunity.

I managed to catch the dip at 950$ and increased my trading stash by 25%. Now I am again at 15% profit. All coins are now back in cold storage, riding the swings for the next 12 months until they are taxfree again.

Obviously I was just lucky and I have no idea what I am doing. Smiley

@Shannen Just compare it to the situation from the 7th august.2016. At that time the scaling debate was under full force and many expected a hard fork zu happen, the uncertainity+fear+fud lead to a low price. Even though nothing happened after that, Bitcoin started its bull trend.

https://i.imgur.com/56PHuIE.png

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated!
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:14:40 PM

I think this is because of a confrimation of Roger Ver. He said when BU forks, what becomes more and more likely, he will dump all his btc (100 0000 for bu coins. So traders expect a huge dump and start to unload now. So welcome to the final down move.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:42:35 PM

I think this is because of a confrimation of Roger Ver. He said when BU forks, what becomes more and more likely, he will dump all his btc (100 0000 for bu coins. So traders expect a huge dump and start to unload now. So welcome to the final down move.

He suggested he may do that but now has accepted an offer to trade 60K to 130K Bitcoins for Bitcoin Unlimited with someone. That would not hurt either market if a fork happens.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:55:51 PM

The price is still over $1000.... a little too early no?

This should have been obvious from the beginning... IF there was a HF, of course Roger will do everything he can to cause it to crash. But don't you think there more on the Core side that will dump BTU?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
york780

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:00:03 PM

Yes of course. Every shot that BU fires at bitcoin they get 10 shots back. But the problem is that they are dragging eachother further down every day bit by bit. They wont stop untill they have their own shitcoin. So i expect more dumps.
Morgenst3rn

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:00:18 PM

Yes of course. Every shot that BU fires at bitcoin they get 10 shots back. But the problem is that they are dragging eachother further down every day bit by bit. They wont stop untill they have their own shitcoin. So i expect more dumps.

I'm curious, york780. Do you think we'll hit 800 € before or after the hardfork ?
york780

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:25:52 PM

I think before the fork. BU fanatics will sell, and people that have bitcoin as a store of value will also sell before the fork because they wont know what it will do with the price. Only the die hard bitcoin believers will hodl and the early adopters (bought before the big rise of 2016). Bitcoin keeps testing the 930 EUR support line. This is a bearish sign. Bullish  power is fading over the last couple weeks. I am suprised that they can keep on kicking at this level.

We are already decreasing in value for over a month now. You cant call that a dip anymore. Its more a long term effect and because of this you can connect it to a possible bitcoin fork what is also a rumour that we need to take more serious. I think nobody on this forum sees bitcoin getting back at 1220 EUR level in the upcoming weeks what is a statement that the bullish momentum is fading away.

Bitcoins marketcap is decreasing day by day and its 72% right now. A month a go it was still 87%. Lots of speculants are investing in bad alternatives like Dash. If so much traidingvolume ans so kapital of crypto investors choose a scam like Dash or a premined centralized token like Ethereum inspite of bitcoin you know that something is wrong. Dash+ 10% today ,even after it dropped in value, and bitcoin - 7% totday. You still believe that those Dash and other altcoin fanatics will put their kapital in bitcoin like other hodlers on this forum predicted? I dont think so and you and me know the reason why.

JohnUser

Activity: 1022
Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 05:01:31 PM

I agree but I don't think € is the mark for btc, only $ is a real mark
york780

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 05:03:04 PM

I agree but I don't think € is the mark for btc, only $ is a real mark
true, i will use dollar for the next time. But i live in europe so thats why i use the euro. Sorry Tongue
Morgenst3rn

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 10:02:08 PM

He suggested he may do that but now has accepted an offer to trade 60K to 130K Bitcoins for Bitcoin Unlimited with someone. That would not hurt either market if a fork happens.

Don't want to sound like I know more than everyone else (I don't):
Alone the willingness of one of the main and most popular Bitcoin proponents of the last decade to drop/exchange such a huge amount of BTC will send a huge negative psychological signal to the market.
Not everyone is a professional when it comes to BTC (despite everyone on the Whalepool chat being the next Gordon Gekko), so I expect a drop of the price, only because of this. This, the BU fork itself and the (real possible) damage for the image of BTC makes me cautious.

I think before the fork. BU fanatics will sell, and people that have bitcoin as a store of value will also sell before the fork because they wont know what it will do with the price. Only the die hard bitcoin believers will hodl and the early adopters (bought before the big rise of 2016). Bitcoin keeps testing the 930 EUR support line. This is a bearish sign. Bullish  power is fading over the last couple weeks. I am suprised that they can keep on kicking at this level.

We are already decreasing in value for over a month now. You cant call that a dip anymore. Its more a long term effect and because of this you can connect it to a possible bitcoin fork what is also a rumour that we need to take more serious. I think nobody on this forum sees bitcoin getting back at 1220 EUR level in the upcoming weeks what is a statement that the bullish momentum is fading away.

Bitcoins marketcap is decreasing day by day and its 72% right now. A month a go it was still 87%. Lots of speculants are investing in bad alternatives like Dash. If so much traidingvolume ans so kapital of crypto investors choose a scam like Dash or a premined centralized token like Ethereum inspite of bitcoin you know that something is wrong. Dash+ 10% today ,even after it dropped in value, and bitcoin - 7% totday. You still believe that those Dash and other altcoin fanatics will put their kapital in bitcoin like other hodlers on this forum predicted? I dont think so and you and me know the reason why.

Interesting opinion. Thank you for stating your view.
I think you're right with your point on Altcoins, but don't you think this is just a bubble waiting to burst ?
Of course, now it seems like everyone and his mother is on the next hype train for the next big Altcoin.
There must be a moment of truth, when people start to realize that Altcoin do even have less usefulness than Bitcoin (which is still, despite all the Hype in the bitcointalk forum, an extreme fringe topic) and they'll try to escape the market, how will this effect BTC or cryptocurrency in general ?

There might have been an example in the past, but as mentioned before, im relatively new to the whole topic of cryptocurrency.

Thank you all for your time and effort.
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:09:01 AM

https://twitter.com/bbands/status/844558801822875648

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:26:47 AM

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:31:36 AM

Well in my analysis bitcoin trend really shows good progress these few months from january to february, it has a good performance as wel. That is really a profitable record of bitcoin since the previous years drowned by its price in market, and now its a histotic happening that brings bitcoin into the peak of success.

So I should sell then.

Better yet, you should panic sell at the bottom.

Sell when everyone is buying is the standard wisdom and buy when others are selling.     Thats basically sound because all buyers is similar to all passengers of a rowing boat standing on one side, its not stable and price becomes inaccurate and volatile.

The problem is to judge when is everyone selling or is bitcoin just really volatile, prices move greatly from exaggerated trades on exchanges but the silent majority continue to hold and use bitcoin lightly.    Are we seeing massive differences in bitcoin trade, day by day or is it much the same.
  My view is there is much doubt with every rise of bitcoin, there is no magical story backing bitcoin that people are clinging onto.  The ETF thing has been around for years and once again the goal posts are moved.
If anything at this point you should consider selling if they ever put that ETF through,  I imagine this is part of the end game now.     They'll only let BTC be official as an asset when its already succeeded and most growth is over ?

If there is doubt on bitcoin rising and it continues, this is a balanced rise.   Weak hands regularly take profits.  I would like to judge if more people are using or at least trading bitcoin as viable or if the number drops.   That will depend on China I guess, events there matter.

From a TA perspective setting aside ETF, how far is this going to drop and where do we have solid support?
TA wise I see the chinese btc price as retracing 61% of its year start rise and fall.    Its not especially weak then especially as volume has disappeared ?    Is there some reason we see little volume now, that could be worrying I guess.   At present low volume shows as bullish to neutral, we not pressing ahead in either direction.

The dollar price and exchange may be much different as dollar itself is speculated on and has news on its rates  etc.   However most volume is in China so that should be the price to examine most closely.

I previously said 1270 as a ceiling to surpass.  IF you want a line to draw in the sand here, look for weakness below 1047.  This would be a repeat of some February action when it climbed above, 1150 would mark good progress if maintained as a low not a declining ceiling.  

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:48:15 AM

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:24:24 AM

Sell and Short: Bitcoin Traders Are Preparing for a Possible Fork http://www.coindesk.com/sell-short-bitcoin-traders-preparing-possible-fork/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:28:53 PM

didn't check in here for a while. Wow, it's bearish in here.

I'm bullish. Finally some resolution of the focksize war seems probable.

The sooner this ends the less blood will be lost to altcoins.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:46:01 PM

didn't check in here for a while. Wow, it's bearish in here.

I'm bullish. Finally some resolution of the focksize war seems probable.

The sooner this ends the less blood will be lost to altcoins.

Are you referring to the blocksize conference in May?

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 09:35:51 PM

no. No particular event. Just the potential split or anything else that could happen. The deadlock is bound to end.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 09:52:04 PM

no. No particular event. Just the potential split or anything else that could happen. The deadlock is bound to end.

Not sure I understand how split is bullish unless you are talking long term.

Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: