Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:30:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: We have two options
We reward 2.5 coins per block after block 60 100 and 30 seconds per block. In this case Steps will transfer very fast.
We reward 5 coins per block after block 60 100 and 60 seconds per block.
We reward 1 coins per block after block 60 100 and 30 seconds per block. In this case Steps will transfer very fast.
We reward 2 coins per block after block 60 100 and 60 seconds per block.
We reward 1% POS coins per block after block 60 100 and 30 seconds per block. In this case Steps will transfer very fast.
We reward 1% POS coins per block after block 60 100 and 60 seconds per block.
We keep everything like it is.

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEPS] Let's make a new altcoin environment  (Read 193108 times)
AltcoinSteps (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Let's make a new altcoin environment.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 06:42:08 PM

We need the the assistance of the community.

As everyone is aware we now near the 300 coin pos blocks and after that staking will be 1% per year.

The development team had numerous discussions about this and we decided to change this.

We have two options:

1. We reward 2.5 coins per block after block 60 100 and 30 seconds per block. In this case Steps will transfer very fast.
2. We reward 5 coins per block and one minute blocks.

We will implement one of the above to add value to Steps and hereby give the community the option to vote.

Please feel free to contact us regarding other suggestions as well.

Steps - Let's make a new altcoin environment.  | Join Us Now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frogman
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 08:02:03 PM

As everyone is aware we now near the 300 coin pos blocks and after that staking will be 1% per year.

The development team had numerous discussions about this and we decided to change this.

We have two options:

1. We reward 2.5 coins per block after block 60 100 and 30 seconds per block. In this case Steps will transfer very fast.

We will implement one of the above to add value to Steps and hereby give the community the option to vote.

Whatever keeps it at 1% interest a year..
ozboy2014

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:49:21 PM

We have two options:

Investors bought Steps based on the config. You have not even given the coin a chance yet after the 300 coin pos. Adding value is about making true the promises or at least showing the community the progress of your work NOT just words.. AND update your ANN graphics to reflect your developments.

Have a vote option for those who wants to keep the status quo.
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 11:06:47 PM

We have two options:

Investors bought Steps based on the config. You have not even given the coin a chance yet after the 300 coin pos. Adding value is about making true the promises or at least showing the community the progress of your work NOT just words.. AND update your ANN graphics to reflect your developments.

Yeah why is this being discussed?

Correct  1% is a stupid amount to keep a wallet open for unless it's a valuable coin. but you should have already thought of that since it only took 7 months to get here.

Why not make the coin more valuable rather than diluting what we already have?

As frogman said, Whatever keeps inflation at 1%.

I just noticed despite saying total coin supply is 19 million and 5 mill were burned it's a bit odd current supply is  23477701.726

What do we even need fast transactions for?  

The coin has no reason to transact currently  Huh

Maybe sort that out first.....

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 11:57:31 PM

To be a valid reflection of coin holders sentiment,
poll should be reset & have the option for no change.
CryptoHustler

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 01:57:57 AM

I would vote for no change if the poll allowed.

Who agrees?

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 03:15:47 AM

I voted but haven't got a clue what exactly i voted for because I am not so techy minded but I am sure the DEVS are working in the background to make STEPS s success, it takes time sometimes for coins to reach their maturity and so we must be patient at this time. STEPS DEVS are very kind and have helped a lot of people in this industry.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
raetsch
Legendary

Activity: 957
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:15:04 AM

We have two options:

Correct  1% is a stupid amount to keep a wallet open for unless it's a valuable coin. but you should have already thought of that since it only took 7 months to get here.

Why not make the coin more valuable rather than diluting what we already have?

As frogman said, Whatever keeps inflation at 1%.

I just noticed despite saying total coin supply is 19 million and 5 mill were burned it's a bit odd current supply is  23477701.726

What do we even need fast transactions for?  

The coin has no reason to transact currently  Huh

guys, just for your info, rareness makes no coin more valuable anymore. this time is gone - history.

just one question, you have 100k steps and stake at 1%, around 1000 coins a year. maybe the price goes up to 500sat. so you will leave your wallet open for 500k sat/year?
come on, 90% wouldn't do that. and what happens then? yeah, gone in 300 seconds...

the 1 or 2 steps/stake vote gives approx 1mio additional steps per year, so about 5%. still no hipos to me.
and 5 minutes is a high blocktime, make it a little faster doesn't hurt anybody (30 secs are not neccessary in my opinion).

Correct  1% is a stupid amount to keep a wallet open for unless it's a valuable coin. but you should have already thought of that since it only took 7 months to get here.

maybe sort your thoughts, you answered your own question...
thoth-Atlantian

I AM

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 06:03:30 AM

I disagree on rareness.

I understand what you are saying but I don't touch any 100 billion plus mintage coins. they are all your 1 & 2 sat coins..

My point.

Why is this only coming up now? and not sorted on launch not all that long ago.

Surely value additions to steps should be the priority at this point

Not patching up issues that
A. should have been sorted before launch. ( oh yeah ICO  Roll Eyes )
B. could have come up at any-time in last 7 months as it is so bleedingly obvious a poor POS plan.

If the devs actually worked on the coin every once in a while rather than other peoples shit coins we could have had it all behind us and be moving on with actual updates.

But as this is coin is crypto amateur hour let the only updates be fixes for shitty original design.

And on with another 6 months of pages of empty words about stuff we will never see.

ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 06:33:10 AM

I disagree on rareness.

I understand what you are saying but I don't touch any 100 billion plus mintage coins. they are all your 1 & 2 sat coins..

My point.

B. could have come up at any-time in last 7 months as it is so bleedingly obvious a poor POS plan.

If the devs actually worked on the coin every once in a while rather than other peoples shit coins we could have had it all behind us and be moving on with actual updates.

But as this is coin is crypto amateur hour let the only updates be fixes for shitty original design.

And on with another 6 months of pages of empty words about stuff we will never see.

LOL... They are trying to "make a new altcoin environment"..  Grin

Devs - no need to go to them.. build and they will come. Why are you spending so much time on other coins when your own coin is struggling? Do they actually need your help when you can't even maintain your own coin? Credibility works both ways..
raetsch
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 06:55:16 AM

I disagree on rareness.

My point.

A. should have been sorted before launch. ( oh yeah ICO  Roll Eyes )

Well... they did?
on start of the coin, they thought 1% would be good. The Steps price was more than half the time above 1k sat.
this is now corrected to reflect the actual price (and who of us isn't awaiting some dumping in 2k blocks?) and what is coming up in 10 days.

if you presume a price of a coin 6 months ahead - you only earn laughs and as we all know, there are only 2 possible options, when you are right:
1) luck
2) manipulation

don't see a discussion here, only a neccessary step for future of steps.

@rareness
coins with 10% supply of steps aren't automatically worth 500% of steps.

@ozboy
are you in slack chan?
the devs give additional info, if you ask them there.
i am not wondering that most devs doing that, as postings on bct is a walk on a thin line, everything you do is wrong or hyped Wink
AltcoinSteps (OP)

Activity: 322

Let's make a new altcoin environment.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 07:55:01 AM

I disagree on rareness.

My point.

We looking at the reward scheme for months now. We thorougly researched the changes and it was discussed with numerous investors.
I have one question for you? Do you think investors will keep their wallets open for 1% pos per year?

It is not that Steps will grow by billions of coins, just enough to keep stakers and investors happy.

Steps - Let's make a new altcoin environment.  | Join Us Now!
thoth-Atlantian

I AM

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:05:10 AM

'Do you think investors will keep their wallets open for 1% pos per year?'

No way.

It's not worth it, nor attractive to new investors

What is the % of inflation with the choices in the poll?

opmac

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:06:23 AM

I would not keep open for 1%

i would  just buy the amount I may gain over that time at some point

m3rt1x

Activity: 484

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:29:25 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2016, 06:11:18 PM by m3rt1x

Steps.Let's take a look back:

1)Steps was announced on early September 2015 and ICO ended later the same month.
2)Since then,a big ICO investor dumped more than 1,5mio coins in 3 big phases and a lot of frightened investors followed him!
3)Steps never recovered the price of 1500sat which was a secure floor,because DEVS are not pump and dump lovers(quite rare in crypto).
4)Since September 2015 95% of ICO coins have failed,being abandoned and DEVS MIA!This never happened to Steps!
5)Devs have helped a lot of coins since the beginning of Steps.This happened because they are quite respectable in the cryptoscene and because they have made new friends,as they are in crypto for many years.Helping other coins brought more investors and made the coin known to other communities.This was not bad for the coin.
6)Steps ICO price was 200sat.It never fell below that.Never!Check other ICO coins,pumped by DEVS to +1000% and then dumped by them,leaving investors and traders with useless coins.Now called scam coins,whatever their name was.
7)Why did people invest in Steps?a)Because ALT and GW are great programmers and coders and the proof of this is that other coin DEVS reach out to them when in need.b)they were clear from the beginning in terms of security (ICO held by respectable SebastianJU,code reviewed by Earlz,coins burnt and never staked,their personal addys posted in the OP etc).c)the future of the coin was secure because Andre Pierre (already a Hero Member then) had his name on the coin.d)The roadmap was clear.Marketplace included.Marketplace is still included.Delayed?Yes!Delayed a lot?Yes again!Postponed?No!Cancelled?Again,no!Other roadmap features have been delivered!

Steps holders hold their coins.Not because of the marketplace!But because the DEV team is here to stay!The marketplace is just a parameter of the coin.Not the coin itself!

I only see 3 users complaining all the time! troth,frog and ozboy! It's complaining-complaing-complaining!
You complain about marketplace:I wonder how many objects you will post for sell or buy when marketplace is launched!
You complain about the price:I have seen a lot of investors.I wonder how many coins each of you own!Seriously!

I would like to invite everyone to post their adresses,just to 'weigh' each and everyone's opinion.Let's be honest,and expose ourselves for once....
can you handle it?

Sorry for the personal reference to the 3 users,but to me it seems insane.It's like waking up every day trying to find something bad to say because you are mad or disappointed because STEPS coin hasn't made you rich overnight!

No one cares if you bought at 2000sat,or if you bought a few thousand coins at 200sat and wait to get rich in 2 months.

Steps is an altcoin.It's an asset,a stock.This is business.An investment.It involves risk,hazard,bad luck and many more unpredictable factors.

Sorry for the long post guys!
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 07:20:51 PM

People weren't complaining, they were measly asking questions, much like I was.

To correct one of your statements, GW isn't a coder or a programmer!

Now, will I keep my wallet open for 1 percent, not by a long shot.

For the record, I still hold a few steps. The main reason I decided to dump most of them was due to lack of actual development.

You can create all the market places you like, get listed on all the exchanges you like, but, it doesn't stop the fact that steps doesn't have a following that is going to utilise these things. There just isn't enough btc in buy orders to make it work effectively.

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
raetsch
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 08:20:17 PM

You had not the balls to say what you thought, instead told some fairytale of leaving crypto.

And you are out of slack, so the only thing to say: one point of your post is correct.
LordPiccolo

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 08:35:59 PM

You had not the balls to say what you thought, instead told some fairytale of leaving crypto.

And you are out of slack, so the only thing to say: one point of your post is correct.

I did leave crypto. Had to get out as it was all turning nasty. Still isn't much better with yobits support , well lack of it.

I do wish steps the best of futures as I generally like what they are trying to achieve.

Questions and comments from the community here are essential and should always be answered by the devs and not the community, in particular M3 who is all but attacking people's concerns.

The only reason people will leave there wallets open for 1% is more than likely because they have multiple wallets open.

As someone previously stated, fast transactions aren't really required until a fully functioning market place is in tact with multiple daily trades.

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
m3rt1x

Activity: 484

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 09:24:12 PM

I did leave crypto. Had to get out as it was all turning nasty. Still isn't much better with yobits support , well lack of it.

I do wish steps the best of futures as I generally like what they are trying to achieve.

Questions and comments from the community here are essential and should always be answered by the devs and not the community, in particular M3 who is all but attacking people's concerns.

The only reason people will leave there wallets open for 1% is more than likely because they have multiple wallets open.

As someone previously stated, fast transactions aren't really required until a fully functioning market place is in tact with multiple daily trades.

As we say in crypto....do your own research..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=520892;sa=showPosts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=341729;sa=showPosts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=381115;sa=showPosts

You will probably see questions again.
I'll tell you what I saw.I saw irony,sarcasm,foolish critisism and luck of knowledge.
There are 104 pages on Steps thread.Every question was answered.
But some posts were clearly made to hurt the coin.Either to get cheap coins,or because some users are 2nd accounts of other DEVS or their puppies.
And especially the last month,certain posts are made to kill the coin.
So,LordP,as a former PR of this coin,what would you do against a vicious threat?

And let's all remember now what Richard Branson has said :  'It's better to have a hole in your team than an asshole in your team!

Edit: typical question:When will the marketplace launch?
The marketplace is not open source.This is like one man,AltcoinSteps,building an 'eBay-style' site from the beginning!IDK what the outcome will be,and frankly,I don't care about it as I will never trade there.But the marketplace is a huge amount of work.It's huge.and it's being built by one man.And it is tested by one man or two.So double the work.People ask for updates twice a day!
Come on guys.Get a life!
And for God's sake,dump your coins and buy Trump or Bern.
You'll be rich tomorrow!
LordPiccolo

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 09:31:13 PM

A vicious thread can easily be toned down by providing even small snippets of development.

Just because I posted a few times on here doesn't mean I didn't leave crypto! It was the exchanges, troll boxes and some other reason I won't ever share.

Having community members on a Hitler style crusade will never be good for a thread, on any forum.

Anyway. Carry on developing, I'll keep what steps I have and hope I can turn them into bitcoin for a profit soon

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: